Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

Sparky4444

Reaction score
..yep...mine say batch 003....I don't like the blue capsules, they're almost like plastic..everything else to is the same...

...the bottom line is that the web site is a sham...there is no big R&D labs, scientists in coats working like busy little beavers, etc....a couple of guys put this together from bulk stuff they got from China or something and they're going after a quick $$$ haul...

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I did a Google search for Folexen.com and none of the results came back as if they are advertising this stuff.

This thread seems to be it for them in terms of advertising seems weird.

Plenty of red flags, I really hope a reputable company comes out with S-Eqoul in the future.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the blue capsules??? It's like plastic or something....what the hell are they made out of??

Luxurious

Reaction score
As long as the pills contain s-equol as advertised that is what is most important however the issue I take with the whole thing is the lack of information.

There is no website of their parent company Eclipse Nutraceuticals and no physical location of the business provided on the folexen website. When I asked where they were located their rep said the Australian Technology Park. I came to find out from the Australian Trchnology Park that they were not located there so the rep pretty much lied about that. Then the return address is of an apartment complex which could not possibly contain a pharmaceutical production lab.

Unless their labs are located somewhere their rep didn't tell me about when I asked, it can only be one of two things: either they are selling pills containing nothing but useless filler, or they are buying in bulk from another lab an putting the pills together themselves. Either way they aren't what they advertised.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
As long as the pills contain s-equol as advertised that is what is most important however the issue I take with the whole thing is the lack of information.

There is no website of their parent company Eclipse Nutraceuticals and no physical location of the business provided on the folexen website. When I asked where they were located their rep said the Australian Technology Park. I came to find out from the Australian Trchnology Park that they were not located there so the rep pretty much lied about that. Then the return address is of an apartment complex which could not possibly contain a pharmaceutical production lab.

Unless their labs are located somewhere their rep didn't tell me about when I asked, it can only be one of two things: either they are selling pills containing nothing but useless filler, or they are buying in bulk from another lab an putting the pills together themselves. Either way they aren't what they advertised.

..yep...exactly...everything they are advertising is false....somebody should file a complaint against them in Australia

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Have you tried emailing them back and asking them about their claims of having a lab in Tech Park?

- - - Updated - - -

..yep...exactly...everything they are advertising is false....somebody should file a complaint against them in Australia

We have consumer affairs in this country not sure how I can disprove their claims of having S-Equol.

http://www.accc.gov.au

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Have you tried emailing them back and asking them about their claims of having a lab in Tech Park?

- - - Updated - - -

We have consumer affairs in this country not sure how I can disprove their claims of having S-Equol.

http://www.accc.gov.au

Something like the Better Business Bureau, like we have here in Canada....If they are advertising false or untrue claims, then they should be busted....They are saying they have labs, technicians, etc ...BS...It's all false....They should be reported to your BBB

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the blue capsule is probably just an ordinary gelcap. was probably the cheapest one available, much like the bottles with the mL grading on the side of it.

but yeah, what sparx and jacob said: they likely just bulk ordered a bunch of equol powder from a chemical supplier in china, and threw it in gelcaps.

The website actually reads like it is a chinese website "best practices manufacturing" lol well gee it must be good if their practices are the best and use green production process at each chain in production!

Jasperdje

Established Member
Reaction score
Eclipse-Nutraceuticals has more products like suppress xtreme 60 caps? is this from the same company or?

- - - Updated - - -

Domain Name.........: folexen.com
Creation Date.......: 2012-06-07 00:00:00
Expiration Date.....: 2014-06-07 00:00:00

Registrant Details..:
Registrant Name.....: Eclipse Global Logistics
First Name..........: Andrew
Last Name...........:
Address Line 1......: 2 Esdaile Place
Address Line 2......:
City................: Arncliffe
State...............: NSW
Country.............: AU
Post Code...........: 2205

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
Who here is still taking folexen? What are your current doses? Does anyone have anything positive to report?

I am currently taking 12.5-15 mg daily. I try to dose 3 times a day because the half life is 6 hours. I felt like my male pattern baldness itch has slowed down, but then within the past two weeks it started up again reallly bad.

Jasperdje

Established Member
Reaction score
Who here is still taking folexen? What are your current doses? Does anyone have anything positive to report?

I am currently taking 12.5-15 mg daily. I try to dose 3 times a day because the half life is 6 hours. I felt like my male pattern baldness itch has slowed down, but then within the past two weeks it started up again reallly bad.

I read some people have stabilization with it after a month or 3, depending on the doses and how strong your male pattern baldness is.

- - - Updated - - -

How old are you and what is your Norwood? and how fast did it come?

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
I read some people have stabilization with it after a month or 3, depending on the doses and how strong your male pattern baldness is.

- - - Updated - - -

How old are you and what is your Norwood? and how fast did it come?

I am 23, probably just about NW3 and thinned diffusely over my entire scalp. It started about a week ago, early today it was almost unbearable, but as I am writing this message it feels perfectly fine. Kinda odd... Maybe its because school just started and I have a stressful semester?

So some people have reported positive results with folexen so far??

Jasperdje

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still going with 15mg a day.

Nice. How long and do you have any regrowth or stabilization?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I am 23, probably just about NW3 and thinned diffusely over my entire scalp. It started about a week ago, early today it was almost unbearable, but as I am writing this message it feels perfectly fine. Kinda odd... Maybe its because school just started and I have a stressful semester?

So some people have reported positive results with folexen so far??

Yes. If i may believe them because some people have a large regimen, so sometimes it's hard to tell. But i think 12,5 to 15mg a day 'Maybe' for you is not enough. But hold on! maybe about a couple of weeks you will find stabilization. I really hope so! Let me know if you do, okay?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I've been averaging over 20mg/day between EquolSlim and this **** Folexen....no stabilization...had a major shed...went for a hair cut today...I am pretty much past the point of no return now...back to my laser helmet for a boost...Unless this Equol kicks in over the next month, I am completely toast

Jasperdje

Established Member
Reaction score
What's your status Norwood, and do you think the shed is from equol? or have you shed before like this? do you have other medication or topicals in your regime?

Jasperdje

Established Member
Reaction score
Under a month, far too early to tell if it's helped or not.

My hair is far too short to tell if I have shed or not.

I don't know, i think so. If it's really 2,5mg equol that they are putting there it should help. Study's showed that 0,25mg a kilo should be enough and based on how strong your male pattern baldness is.
The weird part is; equol rises your DHT-level in your blood, that because it cannot bind with the receptor, so it goes back into your blood. That's why you probably not have sexual disorders.

Did you know that? I didn't until i read it last night.

ABJac

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am brand new to this forum and have never posted, commented, or joined a forum regarding hair loss. I'm 22 and just north of a NW2. I've been gradually thinning at the temples since I was 18. Like most of you I attempt to stay as informed and educated about fighting this misery efficiently, so I thought I would jump in and share my angles. I am interest in adding S-equol to my regimen, but am as skeptical and hesitant as anyone. I am of above average health, very active, and eat a very balanced organic all/natural diet. I obsess over my hair loss and have just recently started relaxing about it. Fortunately, most people would be happy at the stage I am at which is why I am really only concerned with maintenance until treatments advance even further. I shave my head to about 1/4 inch (to make it less noticeable). Other then my regimen listen below, I have never really tried anything else and I have never had a serious shed on minoxidil or nizoral. I just recently bought Crinagen, Nitrecia, and the shampoo. I was hoping to add the crinagen to my regimen as my only topical anti-androgen, and the shampoo looks like a pretty good anti-inflam. Anyways I will get to my questions, sorry to ramble on.

1.) Is there anything I could add to my regimen that is an obvious miss (not finasteride, dutasteride, pro, etc. will never take any of them)
2.) Is crinagen worth adding and how would I use this with minoxidil?
3.) Has anyone found any literature on free DHT? in all my research, I can not seem to find out how much testosterone and/or free test
is converted to DHT, and what percentage of that DHT binds to androgen receptors, and what percentage remain free.

I ask this because I have a theory and I may be way off here, but everything I have ever read about DHT is that it is the most potent hormone of metabolite of test and because of its strength and potency, it has a life span much longer then any of its counterparts (21-24 hours) . Is it possible that all the test being converted to DHT is binding to androgen receptors throughout the body, and then free DHT is still floating around waiting for the already bound androgen receptors to free up? Would this not mean, taking low doses of S-equol may not effect the body much at all, as all the androgen receptors may be receiving sufficient DHT, we are just interupting the rebinding process? I have just never been able to find any information on (Free DHT). I have also attached a few good links at the bottom (incase you've never seen these link) so I thought i'd ask.

http://www.anabolic-bible.org/showpage.aspx?callpage=dht
http://www.mikemahler.com/online-li...hydrotestosterone-king-of-male-androgens.html

REGIMEN:

(Morning)-
Fish Oil (internal)
Biotene H-24 shampoo (very happy with) or Nioxin System2

(Evening)-
(1 pill) Life Extensions Super Saw Palemetto
(1 pill) TwinLab Hairfactors (recommend)
BioMedic Formula 1500 minoxidil w/ BioMedic Coenzyme concentrate (aids absorption)
Toco-8 w/ True Mass protein shake ( True mass contains 100% of every daily vitamin) I avoid loading crazy %'s of vitamins
Nizoral (every 4th day)
Hairmax Laser Comb (every other day 25min)

Thanks guys, this has been a highly informative thread, I wish Jacob would have avoided turning the middle 50% of this into a e-police investigation.

Any tips, advice, regimen thoughts would be greatly appreciated. And good luck to you all fighting the good fight.