Foreigners Views on Americans

ali777

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
These words have been pounded into us... we know.

OK, I'm retracting my previous statement then... It must be only the British news that don't talk about the total civilian death toll. I'm not saying they never do, but we are more likely to hear how many British soldiers have been killed since the war started. If there is a detailed piece on the war, then they give detailed accounts of both sides.

For example, I went on the BBC to find one example of what I mean. The first link that I found to give a number is this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7765745.stm

I have to agree the link I found is not a very good example, but it lets me explain what I mean. As you can see, any news related to British casualties will also give the total casualties. However, when there is a report of civilian casualties, they only say how many people died in the given incident and not the total like they do with the British military casualties.

HughJass

Reaction score
Iraqi and Afghan deaths are treated as statistics in almost EVERY mainstream western media outlet, specifically the countries who had/have involvement.

The fallen soldiers from coalition countries get their names read out, their photos shown, funerals with full honors....this never happens with Afghan and Iraqi's. They just get announced as a number and we move on. We've completely dehumanized them as much as a people can be dehumanized.

Prime example: Bush's response when asked about the number of Iraqi casualties

"30,000.

More or less."

That's Stalin league.

HughJass

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Yeah...I suppose you also think Sadaam Hussein was a wonderful guy. What a swell fellow. A pillar of the community.

Compared to the people running the show there now, he looks like somewhat of a humanitarian.

At least when he was in power the torture chambers were complimented with security, good hospitals, schoolin, electricity, essential services....

Now it seems Iraqi's just have the torture chambers.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Iraqi and Afghan deaths are treated as statistics in almost EVERY mainstream western media outlet, specifically the countries who had/have involvement.

The fallen soldiers from coalition countries get their names read out, their photos shown, funerals with full honors....this never happens with Afghan and Iraqi's. They just get announced as a number and we move on. We've completely dehumanized them as much as a people can be dehumanized.

"30,000. More or less."

Oh come on....don't you think there's been a general tendency to do that in EVERY war in history? I appreciate your concern for the underdog, but now you're just sounding "holier-than-thou".

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Bryan said:
Yeah...I suppose you also think Sadaam Hussein was a wonderful guy. What a swell fellow. A pillar of the community.

Compared to the people running the show there now, he looks like somewhat of a humanitarian.

Yeah, right. Don't make me insult you, aussieavodart.

HughJass

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Oh come on....don't you think there's been a general tendency to do that in EVERY war in history?

The public wasn't fed the line about 'surgical strikes' and 'doing the upmost to avoid civilian casualties' in wars prior to these ones. If generals and politicians won't to preach that tripe they should be held to it.

Iraq torture 'worse after Saddam'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5368360.stm

Iraqis Endure Worse Conditions Than Under Saddam, UN Survey Finds
http://newstandardnews.net/content/?items=1816

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:

Oh, you're talking about Iraqi-on-Iraqi torture.

So tell me, aussieavodart, do you think that the general culture in Iraq is so savage, so brutal, that they actually HAVE to have a strong, authoritarian leader like Saddam Hussein to maintain a (relative) measure of control?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Don't mean to interrupt Bryan and Aussie but to answer Gardener's question:

It appears globalization is definitely affecting wages, etc., in the USA (i.e., especially for those jobs that can be outsourced).

I believe, way down the line, there will be some sort of balance and parody achieved but where that level will end-up..... I have no idea. Maybe "in-between" wage levels currently paid throughout the world?

And, yes Gardener, we have to be concerned about our relationships with other countries. We are, as you stated, a debtor nation, heavily dependent on foreign energy.

Carry on Bryan and Aussie. :)

The Gardener

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
The public wasn't fed the line about 'surgical strikes' and 'doing the upmost to avoid civilian casualties' in wars prior to these ones. If generals and politicians won't to preach that tripe they should be held to it
Our strikes were pretty much surgical, and frankly I think our ability to limit civilian casualties has been tremendous.

It's not OUR weapons that is killing most Iraqis, the overwhelming number of Iraqi civilian dead are the fault of the sectarian lunatics and cold blooded Al Qaeda "islamic warrior" murderers.

Cassin

Reaction score
barcafan said:
It's like the poor kids at school being jealous of the rich spoiled kids.

Naw man...you got it all wrong...foreigners know far more about Americans and American media than Americans. Its a simple misunderstanding!!!!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:

"30,000.

More or less."

That's Stalin league.

Aussi, Join the Military, go there for a year. See the reality of things on the ground and then justify everything you said. I don't give a sh*t about Iraqi Casualties statistics...Most of them are uneducated, brain washed to death and got nothing to loose like f*****g animals. I have been in that sh*t hole for a while and probably going back there for 09. Freedom is not free and they just have a taste of their own medicine since sept 11. I am just happy to live in North America.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Bryan said:
aussieavodart said:
Bryan said:

Bryan? Are you Bryan? First time I see our Bryan like that!! :punk:

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
Aussi, Join the Military, go there for a year. See the reality of things on the ground and then justify everything you said. I don't give a sh*t about Iraqi Casualties statistics...Most of them are uneducated, brain washed to death and got nothing to loose like f****ing animals. I have been in that sh*t hole for a while and probably going back there for 09. Freedom is not free and they just have a taste of their own medicine since sept 11. I am just happy to live in North America.

reminds me of that clip showing the US soldiers in tanks with the soundtrack "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR"

you ignorant F*** you are WHAT is wrong with America.

good luck with the hair!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
squeegee said:
Aussi, Join the Military, go there for a year. See the reality of things on the ground and then justify everything you said. I don't give a sh*t about Iraqi Casualties statistics...Most of them are uneducated, brain washed to death and got nothing to loose like f****ing animals. I have been in that sh*t hole for a while and probably going back there for 09. Freedom is not free and they just have a taste of their own medicine since sept 11. I am just happy to live in North America.

reminds me of that clip showing the US soldiers in tanks with the soundtrack "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR"

you ignorant F*** you are WHAT is wrong with America.

good luck with the hair!

Sorry Bros I am from Canada, you are the ignorant f*** because you see the war through the media. Get your sorry *** up there and you will get nothing but hate against them. You cannot judge for sh*t if you don't see the reality from your own eyes.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Trigger-happy.
Overly patriotic.
Think they control the world and what countries can and cant do.

American people are diverse like any country , they have their probelms aswell. Their government has a problem though , The rest of the world has let them become more than a superpower. Anyone who disagrees sucumbs to war or they will be mis-represented by American media because it is so big.

Generally the American people are nice people.

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:

After trying to formulate adjectives in my head to describe your views, I concluded your own words describe you best:

Uneducated - Obvious reasons, not giving a sh*t about civilian casualties ANYWHERE is a strong indicator of low/non-existant moral values, virtually zero empathy, which ranks you factually lower than many mammals.

Brain-washed - unless you are in fact, biologically an animal as described above, then you're certainly brainwashed.

Nothing to lose - One reason for joining an army.

F***ing Animal - evident.

PS: No Iraqis on 9-11. Even if they were, none of your views are acceptable/right/human/justified.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hammy070 said:
squeegee said:

After trying to formulate adjectives in my head to describe your views, I concluded your own words describe you best:

Uneducated - Obvious reasons, not giving a sh*t about civilian casualties ANYWHERE is a strong indicator of low/non-existant moral values, virtually zero empathy, which ranks you factually lower than many mammals.

Brain-washed - unless you are in fact, biologically an animal as described above, then you're certainly brainwashed.

Nothing to lose - One reason for joining an army.

F***ing Animal - evident.

PS: No Iraqis on 9-11. Even if they were, none of your views are acceptable/right/human/justified.

See Like I said before... You never been there so you have no f*****g clues whatsoever of what is going on out there....

First of all, Our main objective In Afghanistan is providing assistance to civilian infrastructure such as well-digging and repair of local buildings. We are talking about school, water point.... Giving them the basics so they can wise-up and get a f*****g goal in life. We are also there to train their Military and local Cops because they are just damn retarded.. Like telling them to aim before they shoot..

Secondly, Insurgents, Talibans, Al-Qaida.. or what the f*** you want to call them can be anybody out there. You cannot trust everything on 2 legs out there. Example: Last year, one of our officer was hit by an ax on the head by a 16 years old kid. Results: The officer is mentally deficient and the kid got shot to death. Everything including animals, everybody is a booby trap, an IED, an ambush. They are 11 millions mines left in that f*****g country by former wars and yes that is another thing that we are doing.. mine clearing and showing them how to do it.

Do you want to jump on a convoy with me , go outside the wire??? Probably piss yourself & cry your mama after 5 minutes.

Thirdly. As a soldier we have rules to respect.. ROE Rules Of Engagements & the Geneva Conventions. We have to justify every bullets we shoot or we can get charge or go to jail.

Finally, adult male like to have sex with kids teenagers(male) so pedophiles.. & animals (bestiality) Yes, I seen a couple videos recorded from LAV III( Armored Veh.) with locals farmers having sex with their animals.. WTF!. Are really bad with their wifes (no woman's rights)..we all know that. Doesn't have any respect for life ( Zombies) & have no appreciation of any help at all (stupid & selfish). They all blinded by their believes, poverty, non education & jealousy of our freedom.

Do you think that Iraqis or Afghans in general care about NATO casualties??A least Bush as a politician wasn't hypocrite about it. Do you think really that showing care about Iraqis casualties will make a difference in that conflict??

Embrace you Freedom and support your troops because you have no idea. Yes I hate war but did we have a choice after Sept. 11.??

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score