Girls don't want me anymore

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
If you're 25 or younger and NW3+ you're screwed when it comes to women, unless you are very athletic and have a good face.
It doesn't matter what your personality is, no girl is going to take you seriously. If you're cocky and outgoing, they will think "haha, look at this guy, who does he think he is?" just like a morbidly obese "cocky and confident" or a guy with no teeth "cocky and confident". It's toss.
Think about it, an ugly obese girl can come upto you with all the "confidence" and "personality" in the world, would you still want her?

You can probably get a fat girl if you're a young NW3+, but even a fattie would leave you if someone haired came along.

you have zero clue about how interactions/attraction with the opposite sex works....ZERO

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
you have zero clue about how interactions/attraction with the opposite sex works....ZERO
Sorry to break it to you, but he is right for the most part.....

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't agree at all.

Out of the 15 or so NW3+ I know under 25, around 7-8 have decent girlfriends, and all of them seem to do ok with the ladies. If I had more time (and wasn't too worried about privacy) I'd go onto each of their facebook accounts and show you the extent of their hairloss and standard of their girlfriend.

I don't think it's much different from if I took a random 15 of my friends under 25 with normal hair.

I'm not saying hair's not an advantage, but I certainly wouldn't say 'You're screwed and your personality counts for sh*t'. This I would imagine applies to NW5+, not NW3-4.

cuebald

Reaction score
qball01 said:

If an unattractive girl comes upto you with mega confidence how do you find her? Do you suddenly find her attractive? Not quite, you'd more than likely find her annoying and you'd wish that she would go away.

It's like this with most young bald guys too. Especially when you have visible, scraggly NW4-NW5 hair. You'd be in the bar, and people will think you're much too old for them. The girl's friends would laugh at her "haha, look at that bald perv". I've seen it happen.
I'll grant it yeah, if you completely razor it down, it's not so bad - some chicks find it a turn-on, even. This look only works on a few people though.

Instead of flaming me, care to give me some evidence/anecdotes that will disprove what I'm saying?
I know it sucks, but it seems to me to be true for 90-95% of cases.
It's also why I consider minor sides from Finasteride to be worth it.

oh, edit, yeah NW3's are fine, with a bit of Toppik they can be practically NW2, and nobody sees NW2 as anywhere near bald. I'm not being a CCS and saying only NW1's can get laid :laugh:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You dont have to go far, ask UM and Hp how the women react to them in a bar (and we are talking here about 25yo+ girls... so the younger crowd is more problematic to say the least...)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It's embarrasing. Alot of the girls, not just in the aforementioned age range will totally avoid eye contact and take defensive body language. They will either look at you like they are embarrased for you, pitty you and make you feel pathetic or they just unleash and openly tease and insult you (loud mouth b**ch in a bar scenario) but most of the time they just laugh at you. You are made to feel like an outcast and it is very demeaning. Once you feel that vulnerability that comes with being bald and the scorn it evokes from the women(not to mention the looks you get from everyone else) you can begin to understand just how emotionally draining this dilemma of baldness truly is.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
qball01 said:

If an unattractive girl comes upto you with mega confidence how do you find her? Do you suddenly find her attractive? Not quite, you'd more than likely find her annoying and you'd wish that she would go away.

It's like this with most young bald guys too. Especially when you have visible, scraggly NW4-NW5 hair. You'd be in the bar, and people will think you're much too old for them. The girl's friends would laugh at her "haha, look at that bald perv". I've seen it happen.
I'll grant it yeah, if you completely razor it down, it's not so bad - some chicks find it a turn-on, even. This look only works on a few people though.

Instead of flaming me, care to give me some evidence/anecdotes that will disprove what I'm saying?
I know it sucks, but it seems to me to be true for 90-95% of cases.
It's also why I consider minor sides from Finasteride to be worth it.

oh, edit, yeah NW3's are fine, with a bit of Toppik they can be practically NW2, and nobody sees NW2 as anywhere near bald. I'm not being a CCS and saying only NW1's can get laid :laugh:

Thats good, because NW2 is not bald or balding.
I think that the guys who can pull off a shaved head should be fine with the vast majority of women.
Some of us literally cannot shave our heads, and are therefore, in more trouble than those who can.

ali777

Reaction score
cuebald said:

I don't agree with this theory... I said this before, I'll say it again. Any girl that knows what she's doing can get laid. I agree that it's very different when it comes to dating, she'd struggle with finding a good looking man as a long term boyfriend but lots of decent looking guys would be willing to have sex with her. Depending on my level of desperation and the amount of alcohol in my blood, my standards can go out of the window as well. Ever heard of "beer-goggles"? Some of us even confuse lady-boys for women (ask uncomfortableman :whistle: ).

Also, it depends on "how unattractive" we are talking about. With some people, the personality can make up for the lack of looks. I actually think relationships that are based on personality last much longer than the relationships where people fall in love at first sight. Statistics show that relationships that start with passion are more likely to fail, looks fade but personality is there to stay.

If unattractiveness or obesity was such a big deal, the majority of Americans should be virgins. I do agree that obesity is a sign of laziness to a certain extent and some of us don't like people that let themselves go. I actually hate people that sit around all day and do nothing...

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
cuebald said:

I don't agree with this theory... I said this before, I'll say it again. Any girl that knows what she's doing can get laid. I agree that it's very different when it comes to dating, she'd struggle with finding a good looking man as a long term boyfriend but lots of decent looking guys would be willing to have sex with her. Depending on my level of desperation and the amount of alcohol in my blood, my standards can go out of the window as well. Ever heard of "beer-goggles"? Some of us even confuse lady-boys for women (ask uncomfortableman :whistle: ).

Also, it depends on "how unattractive" we are talking about. With some people, the personality can make up for the lack of looks. I actually think relationships that are based on personality last much longer than the relationships where people fall in love at first sight. Statistics show that relationships that start with passion are more likely to fail, looks fade but personality is there to stay.

If unattractiveness or obesity was such a big deal, the majority of Americans should be virgins. I do agree that obesity is a sign of laziness to a certain extent and some of us don't like people that let themselves go. I actually hate people that sit around all day and do nothing...

Can you elaborate on the 'ladyboys' thing? UM takes a lot of crap on here, but he seems like a hilarious dude. Ever heard his Quizno's story?
I would hope most long term relationships are based on personality. But the attraction also has to be there. I mean, you're going to sleep with that person, and only that person...
It's why, as I saw Dr. House (on TV) say "10's marry 10's, 7's marry 7's" and so on. Rarely, very rarely, do you see a very physically ugly person with a very attractive person. Salman Rushdie was married to Padma Lakshmi.

ali777

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
Can you elaborate on the 'ladyboys' thing? UM takes a lot of crap on here, but he seems like a hilarious dude. Ever heard his Quizno's story?

The last time I brought it up, UM wasn't very happy. I feel a bit guilty for mentioning it again.... Anyway, forget I said it...

To take the heat away from UM, I'm gonna confess that I have dreamt of sleeping with a ladyboy. It was a strange dream, I'm not even sure if I enjoyed it or hated it.

What about Quizno's story???

s.a.f

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
ali777 said:
cuebald said:
I think we should agree that the rules of attraction are just too complex to set down in a written theory, theres subconcious stuff going on that we dont even realise and womens priorities change with age.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
ClayShaw said:

The last time I brought it up, UM wasn't very happy. I feel a bit guilty for mentioning it again.... Anyway, forget I said it...

To take the heat away from UM, I'm gonna confess that I have dreamt of sleeping with a ladyboy. It was a strange dream, I'm not even sure if I enjoyed it or hated it.

What about Quizno's story???

Quizno's story is... UM was at a Quizno's. People at a nearby table were audibly making fun of him. He lit a napkin on fire and threw it on their table.

cuebald

Reaction score
lmao, if that's true, then that's awesome. :notworthy

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You may think that was funny, but being singled out and made fun of by strangers on a daily basis, made to feel like a subhuman leper is not fun and takes a serious toll on your mental/spiritual health. If it weren't for my daughter, I would have killed myself, someone else or both by now. Mine is no way to live.
:badmood:

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Uman, I feel that you and me both share a similar mentality - one where everything is doomed. But the fact that you have a daughter and you say all that cant be good for her. Perhaps all that negativity rubs off on her ?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
My daughter knows I don't like being bald and can sense my depression over it. That is all. I have enough common sense not to discuss it with her like I do with you guys on here or at all. She will say things like, "Daddy, your growing your hair back!" just to make me feel better about it. I don't dump my baggage on my daughter, iow.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
She will say things like, "Daddy, your growing your hair back!" just to make me feel better about it.
Maybe she has hope in your regimen. Do you have one?

joshing05

Reaction score
guess thats how the world works. Guys have problems with hair loss, girls have problems with weight loss .......

ali777

Reaction score
joshing05 said:
guess thats how the world works. Guys have problems with hair loss, girls have problems with weight loss .......

I wish I had weight related problems :sobbing:

My neighbour commented yesterday that I look better :woot: , I guess I managed to put on a bit of weight. I just wish the bloody scales showed my progress. I've been stuck on the same weight for months, and I do eat like a pig on the weekends. Weekdays, I have my normal 3 meals, I just don't have the time to stuff my face :dunno:..

We have talked about nutrition on the forum many times, but when I watch health programmes on telly, I can see that people who go on crush diets also lose the shine in their hair. Losing too much weight is definitely related to overall hair health...

What's that got to do with girls? I don't think fat people are attractive, but skinny looking types aren't too attractive neither. A man should have a bit of a presence, we don't necessarily have to be like a professional athlete but a bit of muscle helps to reel in the pray :whistle:.

optimystic

Reaction score
oh my god i dont know why people hang on to that picture. first of all, that's a top view so that's not how the girl sees you. she only sees your back and your front.

second of all, not all heads are shaped like that. some are shaped in a way, that if your bald like that, it actually looks GOOD (better than long hair).

also hair like that plus a cute attractive face could actually work.

and if all else fails, if your head really is shaped like that guy on the baldness scale, just shave it all!