i accepted my hairloss

Cassin

Reaction score
JayB said:
Neo-
Welcome back Helpme007. The way you write and the constant mood swings and back and forth posts about acceptance and anger can be noone elsebut you

Thats interesting, that thought was just crossing my mind.

That would cause quite a problem for him if it was him so surely he wouldn't.......

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I think coming to accept one's hairloss IS the hardest part. I have tried to convince myself to do it with very marginal sucess. I am glad you can do it. It's something I will definitely need to learn in order to have my social life back.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
I think coming to accept one's hairloss IS the hardest part. I have tried to convince myself to do it with very marginal sucess. I am glad you can do it. It's something I will definitely need to learn in order to have my social life back.
lol he didnt accept his hair loss. hes helpme007...he accepts it one week, then tells everyone in the forum off and explains to them they need to get lives, then comes back on the next week and cries some more about how hes sorry and hes so depressed because his hair loss looks worse now...and the cycle keeps going on and on....

G

what did you take, JayB? nothing against you, but this is way to much.

first you say im helpme007, then i didnt accept my hairloss even if i say so, then i tell people to get lifes, ok and next week i will come back and cry about how im sorry and im so depressed because my hair loss looks worse now.

ok...buddy. anything more?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i didnt accept it and im not gonna in a very long time, my life was pretty much on hold for the last half year, thank god its better now and i feel like my old self again

G

RaginDemon said:

its both , trying and learning.

i think i got to accept it coz i tried to wear it so everyone can see it. and i didnt get negative comments. thats a huge part of it, getting positive reactions.

try and learn. work on it. it doesnt happen overnight. i learned - like i said - much from blondguy's attitude. its not about shaving , its about not worrying about things you cannot change at the moment.

work on your hair if its important to you, but dont worry about what is now.

make the best out of yourself in every way, but what is in the NOW , you cannot change.

you can change what you will be though. accept what is now and work on it. thats how i see life.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Lets see how you feel when you're a nw3/4/5... :wink:

G

s.a.f said:
Lets see how you feel when you're a nw3/4/5... :wink:

i know. :wink: that will be another story. :wink: much tougher to accept.

but still, i hope until i reach this point there will be hair multiplication. i cant imagine myself completly bald.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont see where you got that he's helpme007, they dont have the same style of writing at all

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I love this. Neo says that he has finally accepted his hairloss then BANG everyone has a pop. Be supportive, ask for advice, dont try and put him down or try and question his integrity.

Lets see how you feel when you're a nw3/4/5...

Bah, f*** it. Life goes on. You really need to learn that S.A.F. How old are you anyway??

Remember things could be worse, you could lose a leg, get cancer, AIDS, be hit by truck and be bedbound for the rest of your life. Make the most of what youve got, otherwhise it will be too late

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'm 32, I'm not being sarcastic (or comparing it to something like losing a leg) but having been through the full range of hairloss (and then come some way back) I can draw on my own experience, yes you accept it because you have to, but you never really accept it fully. Trust me there are plenty of men in their 30's 40's 50's even 60's who have lived with it for years but deep down inside its still a major issue for them and they would give anything to rectify the problem.

G

Itsonlyinmyhead said:
I love this. Neo says that he has finally accepted his hairloss then BANG everyone has a pop. Be supportive, ask for advice, dont try and put him down or try and question his integrity.

Lets see how you feel when you're a nw3/4/5...

Bah, f*** it. Life goes on. You really need to learn that S.A.F. How old are you anyway??

Remember things could be worse, you could lose a leg, get cancer, AIDS, be hit by truck and be bedbound for the rest of your life. Make the most of what youve got, otherwhise it will be too late

exactly itsonlyinmyhead. i mean nothing against a hair transplant and no offense to you but you know how people think about a hair transplant at a nw6 stage.

now you even use concealors. :shock: shouldnt a hair transplant make it?

i mean its difficult because now you already had hair transplant's so its unreversible.

you told me that you are happier due to your hair transplant. so guess it was good that you have done it. i would like to see photos. do you have some?

its questionable if a hair transplant at nw6 is a good thing. i dont know what i would do if it would reach nw6.

i pretty much hope like most in here for hair multiplication to come out next 10-20 years and i hope i can hold my stage with treatments.

i dont know - did you suffer from hairloss, s.a.f.? and did you accept it?

i think you should do anything to accept yourself as for what you are. im not against a hair transplant at nw6 if it makes you accept yourself more. i saw some happy patients who have done that.

but one shouldnt do some things without thinking through. hair transplant is always risky because its for life.

so well, i support you in your decision, s.a.f. and if you want to know more about accepting it, just ask me or blondeguy. you even offered me to tell me more about hair transplant's so its only fair if i try to support you with accepting it.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 32, I'm not being sarcastic (or comparing it to something like losing a leg) but having been through the full range of hairloss (and then come some way back) I can draw on my own experience, yes you accept it because you have to, but you never really accept it fully. Trust me there are plenty of men in their 30's 40's 50's even 60's who have lived with it for years but deep down inside its still a major issue for them and they would give anything to rectify the problem.

I know what you mean as in not trully accepting it, but things go in stages, I do sometimes wish that I had a fuller head of hair but thats life, I was blessed with a good brain, a fully functioning body and a way with talking to people. So I think Ill take my positive traits over my negatives.

The problem with "rectifiying" the problem is that the problem is mental not physical. You can wear toupees, wigs, get hair transplant, but at the end of the day you are still physically not what you want to be. It alls comes down to controlling your anxities(sp?), being more than content with what youve got. Millions of humans such as starving Africans, abused children, poor diseased adults would give anything to trade places with any of the guys on here.

The question you need to ask yourself is

So would I want to be a fully haired starving diseased person surrounded by war, murder, rape and inhumane treatment or would I prefer to be me?

G

s.a.f said:

f*** i wrote something and then i misclicked wiht my mouse and it was away. :evil:

so...i agree with you s.a.f. , you always accept to some extend, but fully accepting it is other.

its pretty much complicated. does accepting mean - you wouldnt change it, even if you got the possiblity to or does it mean just beeing happy with what you are, but though changing it when you get the possibility to.

noone is perfect. so you should like your little problem areas. thats a part of it, liking your appearance even if its not perfect, but again, noone is perfect.

a girlfriend said i wouldnt have any problem areas. hehe, thank you, but i do have some. and its not only my hair.

you can worry about pretty much everything. a big head, a little head, a big nose , a little nose and so on.

i saw a website with a girl who wanted to have points to get a price.

she was really pretty and she said on the website "i like my flaws coz they are what makes me pretty"

i think pretty impressive , this attitude , and she was only 19.

i cant say whats the right way, loving your flaws and letting them where they are without changing when you get the possiblity to or changing them when you can.

my attitude towards it is to change it. its because our society wants the perfect looking women or perfect looking man - even if noone is like that.

so yes, i will treat my hairloss and maybe even get a hair transplant, but i wont worry about it. and i like myself how i am now at the moment.

remind, you will never be perfect so why not be happy with how you are now. its wrong , in my opinion, always to want to change something until you are happy.

i said its complicate so this post is very long, maybe to end it, blondeguy, could you please say something about it, i think you can say it better. thx.

G

Itsonlyinmyhead said:

I know what you mean as in not trully accepting it, but things go in stages, I do sometimes wish that I had a fuller head of hair but thats life, I was blessed with a good brain, a fully functioning body and a way with talking to people. So I think Ill take my positive traits over my negatives.

The problem with "rectifiying" the problem is that the problem is mental not physical. You can wear toupees, wigs, get hair transplant, but at the end of the day you are still physically not what you want to be. It alls comes down to controlling your anxities(sp?), being more than content with what youve got. Millions of humans such as starving Africans, abused children, poor diseased adults would give anything to trade places with any of the guys on here.

The question you need to ask yourself is

So would I want to be a fully haired starving diseased person surrounded by war, murder, rape and inhumane treatment or would I prefer to be me?

yes, you need to like yourself. thats trully accepting it. the question is more. its all about life. beeing happy or beeing unhappy with what you ve got (everything including your wealth, your friends , your status, your inside and your outside).

you can choose to be happy or to be unhappy.

its the question about happiness. a good thing which helped me aswell was reading some studies about happiness and what makes you happy.

the whole accepting thing is about happiness in your life. you dont accept your hairloss just to accept it, you do it for something upper...in this case to be happy with your life and to succeed in life. i pretty much did it to succeed more in life.

s.a.f

Reaction score
It is possible to get hair transplant's at nw6 it all depends on your expectations. So many of the guys on here are not willing to contemplate anything less than a full dense nw1. But once you've lived life as a nw6 you will be ecstatic to go back to nw2/3.
As for me when I started down the hair transplant route I was totally uneducated on the subject and made some bad choices with UK surgeons. :cry: I've since had a good repair in the U.S but its not really enough to give me a good appearance (hence the concealers). But I'm planning to go back and get whatever I can done which will hopefully leave me as a nw2 with a thin crown. Which this former nw6 wont mind at all. :)
The problem is so many of you guys on here are too young to relate to anything I'm saying here. :wink: :roll:

Having hair again has totally changed my life I feel like a normal person again I look way better and younger.
Yes we should be thankfull that we're not starving but its natural for every human to want to make the most of his situation and if I was living in a third world slum maybe it would'nt be that important to me but there are plenty of people in our society who obsess over having luxeries cars, clothes, jewelery, money... I'm not one of them but having hair is an important thing to me important sometimes if you are unhappy with the way you look you will never be truly happy. If that makes me shallow then I guess I'm shallow but I think you'll find most people are.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
It is possible to get hair transplant's at nw6 it all depends on your expectations. So many of the guys on here are not willing to contemplate anything less than a full dense nw1. But once you've lived life as a nw6 you will be ecstatic to go back to nw2/3.
As for me when I started down the hair transplant route I was totally uneducated on the subject and made some bad choices with UK surgeons. :cry: I've since had a good repair in the U.S but its not really enough to give me a good appearance (hence the concealers). But I'm planning to go back and get whatever I can done which will hopefully leave me as a nw2 with a thin crown. Which this former nw6 wont mind at all. :)
The problem is so many of you guys on here are too young to relate to anything I'm saying here. :wink: :roll:

Having hair again has totally changed my life I feel like a normal person again I look way better and younger.
Yes we should be thankfull that we're not starving but its natural for every human to want to make the most of his situation and if I was living in a third world slum maybe it would'nt be that important to me but there are plenty of people in our society who obsess over having luxeries cars, clothes, jewelery, money... I'm not one of them but having hair is an important thing to me important sometimes if you are unhappy with the way you look you will never be truly happy. If that makes me shallow then I guess I'm shallow but I think you'll find most people are.

very meaningful message indeed

Reaction score
expectations?

I want Nic Cage's Next hairdo

nexthairoc0.jpg

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
neo1234 said:

Very mature attitude you have regarding your situation. Most people never accept their situation, let alone at your age.

Well done.

Where does wishing you were castrated put me as far as maturity? :lol:

G

heh, to update my thread, i think this accepting of my hairloss has a great impact on my life. but a postive one.

i think i wrote most already. today someone told me i would smile more now.

i got the feeling that since i accept my hairloss, people act with more respect and more friendly to me. hehe especially girls.