interesting video about female attraction

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
What a f****ing shitty world we live in. What a contrived ugly shithole hell this all is.
It is what you make of it...

kneesitter

Reaction score
Ahh great, women are attracted to men who are stable and independant and good looking. Everything i don't have. And then i get hairloss on that. So nice!

s.a.f

Reaction score
And men only like beautiful women with great bodies so it works both ways. Probably easier for a guy to become rich and succesful than for a woman to become beautiful.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its true women judge you by how you dress. I use to dress really smart and go out to all the fancy bars in town. I got noticed more by women when dressed in suits and stuff.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Let's just face reality. Most people, male or female are shallow. If we were not, this forum would not exist. This forum is full of shallow men who can't accept the fact that they are going to look "different" when they lose their hair. We all believe that our female attraction ability is slowing fading with our hair loss. It's very sad our world has become this way. Most rich and successful people with some exceptions such as Bill Gates are good looking. And if they are not good looking, they were smart enough to become rich and successful knowing it might help improve their attractiveness. I was out at a Cuban restaurant with some of my female friends and we had this young good looking hispanic waiter sporting a NW1 like most hispanics do, and she said I am going to give him a little more for his tip because he is a "cutie". And mind you, this girl is no beauty and if the situation was reversed, this guy might not leave very much for a tip, it SHE was the waitress. I hate the fact that I have some level of "shallowness" that has driven me to a life burdened with BDD. I try to work on it but some how the mirrors just steer me off the path.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Let's just face reality. Most people, male or female are shallow. If we were not, this forum would not exist. This forum is full of shallow men who can't accept the fact that they are going to look "different" when they lose their hair. We all believe that our female attraction ability is slowing fading with our hair loss. It's very sad our world has become this way. Most rich and successful people with some exceptions such as Bill Gates are good looking. And if they are not good looking, they were smart enough to become rich and successful knowing it might help improve their attractiveness. I was out at a Cuban restaurant with some of my female friends and we had this young good looking hispanic waiter sporting a NW1 like most hispanics do, and she said I am going to give him a little more for his tip because he is a "cutie". And mind you, this girl is no beauty and if the situation was reversed, this guy might not leave very much for a tip, it SHE was the waitress. I hate the fact that I have some level of "shallowness" that has driven me to a life burdened with BDD. I try to work on it but some how the mirrors just steer me off the path.

I'm not so sure whether the world has 'become' this way. For many thousand years, we have probably judged each other on exterior. And I dont think it will ever change. The difference between the exterior and interior are actually hard to pin down. They are intrinxically linked. Essientally our exteriors are our interoirs and vice versa. Generally speaking, its easy to be happy when one is good looking. Our inside is reflected on our outside and so on. Anyway, the main point is that we judge each other according to our own notions of whats good and bad all the time. And this will never end.

I do concede that in some ways, this age is far more image concsoius then ever before. In a consumerist society, in which 'conspicuois consumption' is a result of this society, its no wonder. In an age before mass media, facebook, capatalism, consumerism, Im sure people were far less concerned with their own looks.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bit of a depressing video tbh..it looks like its an excerpt from a makeover show that's supposed to have a positive message about how dressing the part has an effect (and it is positive that way) but it doesn't half show us what a shallow society we are. Try put your best foot forward, thats all you can do.

The blonde in the video with the sweet tits though, cor! :woot: ;-)

ali777

Reaction score
barcafan said:
johnlock said:
my mentality has slowly changed after MBP started. my dad is bald and yeah he does very well in terms of money and he always told me that there is only two important thing in life and thats money and your family.

That's a horrible lesson to teach your kids. Half anway.

I thought of replying to that as well, but I ignored it....

I do acknowledge that a decent career is important, but when you make it about "money", it just sounds too cold. I'd re-phrase it as "career satisfaction", instead of money. Indeed, that's how my dad put it :whistle:.

I mean it is possible to make money without career satisfaction, but would you really want to do the same routine job for a very long time without getting some sort of joy out of your career? Life is not about the end-product (money), life is about enjoying the journey that leads us to the end-product.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I agree with SAF that all this study proves is that women are to a certain extent, hardwired to be superficial. If it is not what you look like then it is how much you make (or look like you make) either way, neither of them are particularly morally reaffirming are they? The idea that you could just throw a three peice suit on a bald guy and improve his image is both contrived and impractical imo. Unless I am a business man, I am not going to dress up like that every day to compensate that my bald head makes me look like a slouch in normal clothes. :shakehead:

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I agree with SAF that all this study proves is that women are to a certain extent, hardwired to be superficial. If it is not what you look like then it is how much do you make (or look like you make) either way, neither of them are particularly morally reaffirming are they? The idea that you could just throw a three peice suit on a bald guy and improve his image is both contrived and impractical imo. Unless I am a business man, I am not going to dress up like that every day to compensate that my bald head makes me look like a slouch in normal clothes. :shakehead:

Something needed to be said to the "dress well" types around here.
Thanks.

s.a.f

Reaction score
And lets face it why should we have to?
You cant blame women for wanting guys who can provide. They may have their own $$$ these days but for the last million years females have been dependent on having a man who can provide for them its built into their psyche.

Obsidian

Reaction score
To me if you count hair as an important thing women want (I can't believe we actually care what women think at times) then you need to count height, skin, teeth, nails, income, car he drives, who he hangs out, and more. So in reality when you look at exterior, it all sucks but hell this life is worth living and nobody said it was going to be all fun and games.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Women say a lot of things but do another. Some say they won't date a bald man but later there they are with one. Some say they will but then diss one that comes near them. Life is full of contradictions.

Plus, I would never ask females about what they want in a guy, what they want and what they do is two different things, same with women.

barcafan

Reaction score
they'll usually go with the overall look. If you're ugly and bald then you're pretty much screwed. Being bald would just be the final nail in the coffin. However some dudes usually 'get ugly' when they go bald because their hair is an important feature for him.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
All you can do is live your life and do your thing and hope there is a woman out there that will love and appreciate you for it.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I don't know if you're completley screwed, I think everyone moves down a couple notches when you bald but I mean it's not like you're casted off as a pariah.

Plus in my opinion, I would say 5% of the male population is truely good looking. Most are average Joes.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
uncomfortable man wrote:
I agree with SAF that all this study proves is that women are to a certain extent, hardwired to be superficial. If it is not what you look like then it is how much do you make (or look like you make) either way, neither of them are particularly morally reaffirming are they? The idea that you could just throw a three peice suit on a bald guy and improve his image is both contrived and impractical imo. Unless I am a business man, I am not going to dress up like that every day to compensate that my bald head makes me look like a slouch in normal clothes. :shakehead:

Something needed to be said to the "dress well" types around here.
Thanks.

Was that at reference to me? Dont assume so much. Im not an idiot and i dont think i'll wear a suit to compensate for my hairloss. I have a varied dress sense for different occasions depending on where i am going. I was just pointing something out i have noticed about women.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
And men only like beautiful women with great bodies so it works both ways. Probably easier for a guy to become rich and succesful than for a woman to become beautiful.
This is true.

As men we are definitely privileged; look at Neil Strauss... the guy looks like a wet paper bag but could pull women easily (before he became famous).

It is only necessary to be a 'picture-perfect' man if you plan on going to a club or a social setting and walking around like James Bond hoping for some perfect 10 to approach you. And even then odds are STILL against you. A real man gets what he wants by reaching out and getting it.

While the video demonstrates the importance of being proactive in how you present yourself, there is more to the puzzle than that. That one cute chick said she'd probably give him a go; all he'd have to do is drop a half-assed pickup line and make her laugh, and it's clear sailing from there. With that outfit he looked confident, and women love confidence. But that's not the only way that you can display confidence. Think about it.

Certainly crying over how you look won't change anything about anything.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
KANGA said:
A real man gets what he wants by reaching out and getting it.
The last time I tried that the chick yelled rape.

KANGA said:
Certainly crying over how you look won't change anything about anything.
Neither is crying about your mom dying, but you are still going to do it. Mourning, crying is natural and I'll go as far as saying it is neccassary as part of the healing process. Supressing your emotions is what is unhealthy. There is a time and a place for everything....look where you are. Impact.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The last time I tried that the chick yelled rape.
Well, of course, figuratively speaking. It's about pursuing happiness, not just sitting there waiting for happiness to happen (though I'm sure people are content with doing nothing)

uncomfortable man said:
Neither is crying about your mom dying, but you are still going to do it. Mourning, crying is natural and I'll go as far as saying it is neccassary as part of the healing process. Supressing your emotions is what is unhealthy. There is a time and a place for everything....look where you are. Impact.
I think you're missing the point - yes, expressing emotions is human; we all cry. However, feeling sorry for yourself day in and day out is counter-productive.