interesting video about female attraction

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
KANGA said:
I think you're missing the point - yes, expressing emotions is human; we all cry. However, feeling sorry for yourself day in and day out is counter-productive.

You cant control how you feel.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So lets just get this one out of the way, lets say i f*** your mother and then shot your dad, you belive you get to choose not to feel anger towards me?!

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course one would get mad at you. No one is disputing the fact that you get feelings when an extreme situation happens like the example you gave. It's human nature.

You stated that you "can't control how you feel". I know otherwise. The problem with people experiencing hair loss is that they are constantly dwelling on the fact that they are balding, and become sad/anxious/depressed over it. These feelings CAN be controlled and overcome.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't believe you get to control how you feel about the way you look, its something that you have to live with, you can accept it, hate it (!) but accept it, that's a different story, but saying that you can feel less angry or ever pretend that you dont care will only hurt you more for the long run... yes, yes you can walk around all day doing those stupid "controlled consciousness " exercises, but at the end of the day, when you see some nw1 (that could just as easily be blessed with male pattern baldness) dating a girl that you may want then it will strike you... (this conversation kinda reminds me that movie.. Anger Management with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson funny one, watch it ;) )

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Back when my hairloss was just beginning to get really bad, I went through a deep depression. My mother was afraid I would commit suicide so she paid for me to see a shrink. For 5 or 6 months I went to this quack for him to play beach sounds on a tape recorder and breathing techniques and happy places and empty positive affirmations and pretending to crumple up all my problems into a ball and make a hook shot into the imaginary wastepaper basket. It was not helpful. Now beating the sh*t out of some smug a**h** that makes a comment about my baldness within an inch of his life sounds like therapy/justice to me.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Uman, how did your hair loss progress? When did you first notice you were losing it and what age was it really noticeable?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I first noticed when I was twenty three. That was when the thinning became noticeable. Now, 11 years later I am an nw5.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
I don't believe you get to control how you feel about the way you look, its something that you have to live with, you can accept it, hate it (!) but accept it, that's a different story, but saying that you can feel less angry or ever pretend that you dont care will only hurt you more for the long run... yes, yes you can walk around all day doing those stupid "controlled consciousness " exercises, but at the end of the day, when you see some nw1 (that could just as easily be blessed with male pattern baldness) dating a girl that you may want then it will strike you... (this conversation kinda reminds me that movie.. Anger Management with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson funny one, watch it ;) )
I have no clue what you're talking about, mate.

So, are you saying you should LET balding drag you down? Are you insane? Is it possible that you're have problems picking up the women you want? I'm getting a tiny hint of 'yes'.

I don't walk around doing "stupid" controlled consciousness exercises. In fact, the book I suggested isn't full of controlled conscious exercises; you should read up on it... it could help your negativity!

And I definitely don't get jealous when I see a NW1 with a hot chick, LOL. I used to be in your kind of mind state where I felt that you needed to be picture perfect to be with a picture perfect girl, but then I grew up... no offense :)

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
KANGA said:
Is it possible that you're have problems picking up the women you want?
and you dont?!
KANGA said:
don't walk around doing "stupid" controlled consciousness exercises. In fact, the book I suggested isn't full of controlled conscious exercises; you should read up on it... it could help your negativity!
Im not negative at all, im being realistic, you cant change most people perception, if i was a full dome nw6 it probebly would have been way worse for me....thank god im only nw3, but i understand the misery the bald guys here are going throw, i can relate to that, i notice how women react ot me now, and how they did when i was on the lower Norwood scale....its pathetic how they give so much into hair (they do this unconsciously,even the "smart/none-superficial" women... the only difference between a b**ch in a club and a b**ch in your school is that at least in the club they say it right away, i belive that all women are shallow at the end of the day {or atleast 99.9% are} ) .
KANGA said:
And I definitely don't get jealous when I see a NW1 with a hot chick, LOL.
Neither do i, but it sure pissed me that just as easily i could have had a full head of hair and get to chose again with whom i want to date and not settle for less then that.
KANGA said:
I used to be in your kind of mind state where I felt that you needed to be picture perfect to be with a picture perfect girl, but then I grew up... no offense :)
None taken, i guess your just lucky it didnt effect you as it did the rest, then again, i would love to have this conversation again with you when/if you'll ever hit NW4+ (and i wish you, me and the rest of us here, to never ever get there!).

ali777

Reaction score
KANGA said:
but then I grew up... no offense :)

The naivity of youth!!!

It's good that you feel confident in yourself and that you feel mature!!!

The fact is, you still have a lot of growing up to do.

However, I agree with you. The best thing to do is to keep a positive mind set, negativity is a killer :shakehead:.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^

Oh, I know I'm immature still... but I believe I'm still rational!

Smooth said:
KANGA said:
Is it possible that you're have problems picking up the women you want?
and you dont?!
We all get rejected. But if a girl rejects me solely because of my hairline, why worry? She's probably a self-centered superficial psycho b**ch anyways. I'm happy she didn't waste my time :) I just move onto the next girl. Problem solved.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
When you're a nw2 in your early twenties (the majority demographic on this site) it is easy to have an optimistic attitude about hairloss since they have yet to feel the scorn society holds for bald people. Their hairloss has not yet progressed to the point where it makes a cosmetic impact on their appearance so they are unfamiliar with how advanced hairloss effects confidence and the way other people perceive and interact with you in a negative way. They can deny it all day but they still pop those pills and take their topicals just to be "safe", because deep down they don't want to find out what every bald man already knows- that a large portion of society will treat him with less respect on whole compared to a person with all their hair. Yet, to no avail they naively preach positivity from their privelaged dispositions.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When i first noticed my hairline changing it caused me a great deal of stress, but i knew nothing about the mature hairline that occurs in 95% of caucasions. However since i've become educated on the subject of hairlines and norwoods im no longer too concerned about my norwood classification and realise it doesnt really impact your life too much (no one will even mention it besides a norwood spotter) unless you let it. However i do fear what a difference it would make if i was a more advanced norwood as that i believe would be a major difference in how people (including yourself) see you.

Uman i read that some people's hairloss stops dead at certain norwoods. Only 35% of baldies reach norwood 6 or 7. When did your hairloss stop at norwood 5? Are you still considering a hair transplant?

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"I used to be in your kind of mind state where I felt that you needed to be picture perfect to be with a picture perfect girl, but then I grew up... no offense :)"

It's ok. Your arrogance will keep the good girls away from you, and push them towards more normal guys.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
"I used to be in your kind of mind state where I felt that you needed to be picture perfect to be with a picture perfect girl, but then I grew up... no offense :)"

It's ok. Your arrogance will keep the good girls away from you, and push them towards more normal guys.

Non taken, because you have obviously got the wrong end of the stick. Im talking about when i was 19 (a young age in its self, hardly immature). I had a bit of money back then and went to the type of places most people wore suits as it was them type bars i went too not local pubs and clubs and stuff. What you describe was me when i was younger not now. Check my original quote i said;

I use to dress really smart and go out to all the fancy bars in town.

Thats not now. The only time i would wear a suit now is if i was at some sort of business or job interview.

I too have grown up since then and your analysis of me is way off. Im engaged to brilliant women, have my own house and also have a baby daughter. Hairloss concerns me but is'nt a major stress in my life. If i can beat it great if not i'll have to deal with it. Theres nothing immature or wrong about being worried about hairloss. It effects people differently. For me im happy if i can not lose all my hair in my 20's. Thats to do with social acceptability more than vanity.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
askas said:
Yesterday I managed to find 2 cute girls dating online who sound interested and don't mind meeting. They are not 10, perhaps closer to 8-7, but they are interesting people (and neither are fat, even some boobs are present). And looks like they don't care that I'm bald. Life is not all finished? :dunno: One of them contacted me first and looks like a really cute person - doesn't use cosmetics even.
This gives a ray of hope. :punk:
There was a third one, but she was without a lower leg part as it turned out to be later (after reading her profile). Unfortunately I can't imagine dating her, maybe I'm shallow? :shakehead:

Paul McCartney married a woman with one leg. And he was a Beatle.

s.a.f

Reaction score
askas said:
Yesterday I managed to find 2 cute girls dating online who sound interested and don't mind meeting. They are not 10, perhaps closer to 8-7, but they are interesting people (and neither are fat, even some boobs are present). And looks like they don't care that I'm bald. Life is not all finished? :dunno: One of them contacted me first and looks like a really cute person - doesn't use cosmetics even.
This gives a ray of hope. :punk:
There was a third one, but she was without a lower leg part as it turned out to be later (after reading her profile). Unfortunately I can't imagine dating her, maybe I'm shallow? :shakehead:

Looks like. :whistle:

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
IBM said:
What CCS says about this?

Alas, CCS or the one who gave me such epic signature quotes is no more. I bet he does'nt even minoxidil his eyebrows anymore. :thumbdown2:

I just take 1/4 fincar every day, and alternate between Nizoral 1% and piroctone olamine shampoos. I'm thinking about adding topical EGCG in ethanol and water. I refuse to use something greasy like propylene glycol. When I get my body hair transplants I'll be done.

I might get a toupe again if BHT were not an option and I were trying to get a date right now. But I'm not. I'm just trying to make money and save for BHT and have some fun in the pool.

4/5 for him is kinda harsh. I guess to them 7 does not mean average. Maybe 5.5 means average, and they are saying he is a bit below average. Since he is skinny and bald I guess that is fair. Money factors in too. Who ever rated him a -1 or a 1 was not serious, and probably said it because she knew he'd hear the rating later.

I have no use for minoxidil. It won't give me back my hair in the slick bald areas, and my hairy areas have plenty of hair. And it spreads too far under the skin to be useful on my eyebrows.