Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's always room for speculation mate, you could think "they went bald at an old age so their male pattern baldness must not be that aggressive" or "they were old so the cell/hair growth is also stunted by old age". No need for futher speculation, just wait and see how this goes. Wounding will surely be a big part in regrowing hair.

Atleast we know it works, just maintaining existing hair would mean nothing since some people just stop balding without treatments.

Disagree with that tbh, maintaining side free would be a great thing imo

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Disagree with that tbh, maintaining side free would be a great thing imo
Yeah but there's no way to assume it's working. My hair got thin 10 months ago and now it still looks the same. My father thinned 10 years ago and he hasn't lost a single hair since then.

It's not a reliable way to tell if a treatment is working or not, you could just rub water on a NW7's head and technically after 2 years he would have mantained all the hair he had.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but there's no way to assume it's working. My hair got thin 10 months ago and now it still looks the same. My father thinned 10 years ago and he hasn't lost a single hair since then.

It's not a reliable way to tell if a treatment is working or not, you could just rub water on a NW7's head and technically after 2 years he would have mantained all the hair he had.

This is just a stupid way to look at it. If a bunch of guys here aren't using anything, and start using this and have the similar effect of maintenance after so many months, you're not gonna sit here and tell me, "Oh, well that's just because everyone just magically stopped balding." Oo-fuckin-rah for all you c**** that just suddenly experience an end to loss, but that isn't the majority of us so far as I can tell. In fact, I wouldn't need to hear it from anyone else. If I put this sh*t on my head, and my hair loss stopped, even if this lotion had sh*t to do with it, I would use it until time proved me wrong. Talk about a fuckin placebo effect! I'd take that any day.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just a stupid way to look at it. If a bunch of guys here aren't using anything, and start using this and have the similar effect of maintenance after so many months, you're not gonna sit here and tell me, "Oh, well that's just because everyone just magically stopped balding." Oo-fuckin-rah for all you c**** that just suddenly experience an end to loss, but that isn't the majority of us so far as I can tell. In fact, I wouldn't need to hear it from anyone else. If I put this sh*t on my head, and my hair loss stopped, even if this lotion had sh*t to do with it, I would use it until time proved me wrong. Talk about a fuckin placebo effect! I'd take that any day.
Glad for Fidia that people would think of it this way, lucky for you if money is not an issue. Some marginal regrowth/thickening is expected if the treatment works, even it's just a few telogen follicles being boosted into anagen earlier.

Also, chill the f*** out dude, no need to be so aggressive.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The anonimity of this forum makes some people think they are allowed to vent their rage and frustration on people who have nothing to do with it. Very sad state of affairs

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Study has been published with ok results.. what’s the next thing the haters will reach for ?

Honestly I think some just expected this to be a full blown cure and make you go from nw7 to 0 or something, but that was never the case. People have to be realistic. I'll just be happy if it maintains. We need a sidefree alternative to finasteride and that's what I am hoping for.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad for Fidia that people would think of it this way, lucky for you if money is not an issue. Some marginal regrowth/thickening is expected if the treatment works, even it's just a few telogen follicles being boosted into anagen earlier.

Also, chill the f*** out dude, no need to be so aggressive.

Was it "c***" that made it aggressive? Don't read too much into things. I promise I'm not mad at you.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

The male participants' age ranged from 32 to 53 in the study, with most in the upper range. These were indeed older men and we have yet to find out how well it works for us younger guys (it should work way better, i.e. the homemade results). The hair diameter increased most by month 3 (8.2%) and then just 1.2% more in the following 3 months (9.4%). This, however, is just the mean: It could be that the guy of 32 had 20% increase and the guys in their 50s had 2% etc. Still, I believe when you combine this with wounding and minoxidil, it will certainly have effects.

Totally agree with this. 46 yo mean age is pretty far gone down the male pattern baldness path. For those who are younger, hopefully they see better results. I like the increase in hair diameter and telogen, that will definitely have a cosmetic impact. And if it stops further loss, that's already a win.

As for additional benefit from 6 to 12 months - or longer, we dont know. I seem to recall Beps saying up to 5 years of regrowth come with longer use. In other words, 5-10-20 years of balding doesnt just turn around in 6 months, if it took that long to get there, maybe it'll take a few more than 6 months to turn that loss around.

I hope to hell this works, but like another poster said, it doesnt sound promising (i.e. not the cure we were hoping for). If it's better than finasteride or minoxidil, I'll be happy though.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are they ok, though? It says the results in men were marginal.

Well, it depends on what you mean by "ok". It would also be dependent on just how you define "marginal". This is my interpretation based on the situation thus far, anyways.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The male participants' age ranged from 32 to 53 in the study, with most in the upper range. These were indeed older men and we have yet to find out how well it works for us younger guys (it should work way better, i.e. the homemade results). The hair diameter increased most by month 3 (8.2%) and then just 1.2% more in the following 3 months (9.4%). This, however, is just the mean: It could be that the guy of 32 had 20% increase and the guys in their 50s had 2% etc. Still, I believe when you combine this with wounding and minoxidil, it will certainly have effects.

Were we not told at Sitri that hair diameter was unchanged? Is this just a foreign antique that I picked up somewhere along the way catching dust in the back of my mind or what?

Reactions: br1

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it depends on what you mean by "ok". It would also be dependent on just how you define "marginal". This is my interpretation based on the situation thus far, anyways.
You know the real problem are the precedents - many products advertised with vague wording turned out to be ineffective

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know the real problem are the precedents - many products advertised with vague wording turned out to be ineffective

Sorry, I guess my sarcasm didn’t reach through that post. I completely agree with you. I was just meaning to say vaguery and prevarications have been the name of the game with Fidia.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Applemets study had more participants and better measured results. The pictures were equivalent to Brotzu so far and on top of that it's only 17 Euros per month. I think the cure has been with us all along. Applemets is Brotzu on steroids.