Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Applemets study had more participants and better results. The pictures were equivalent to Brotzu so far and on top of that it's only 17 Euros per month. I think the cure has been with us all along. Applemets is Brotzu on steroids.
Details or link please

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Applemets study had more participants and better measured results. The pictures were equivalent to Brotzu so far and on top of that it's only 17 Euros per month. I think the cure has been with us all along. Applemets is Brotzu on steroids.

Look at the official trial paper for Finasteride... the photo results were 24 months and worse than the Brotzu ones.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for the record, I have not seen the study and I, also, am extremely disappointed. Dammit.

Reactions: br1

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Elaborate, some people have seen the study before and had mixed emotions, if you could give us some Intel on why you think that it would be helpful.

sh*t, man. That's bad. What has disappointed you most?

Here are the two main things that stood out. Quotes are pulled directly from the study:

1)"Subjects were instructed to apply the lotion (approximately 1 ml) on the portion of the scalp showing more hair thinning or loss, and then spread it all over while applying a gentle massage to favor absorption. Application was to be carried out once a day for 6 months."

So basically a 30ml lotion will only last us a 30days maximum (not even considering the fact that most will apply over 1ml)... 70 euros a month... No thanks

2)"No significant differences were observed in men regarding the total number of hair at any control visits in comparison to baseline, yet men experienced a constant improvement. At the end of treatment (6 months) 63.3% of them had experienced an increase in total hair number and the percent change of total hair count after 6 months was +1.6% compared to baseline."

What does this even mean, they are literally contradicting themselves within the same paragraph... This is just scratching the surface, anyhow looking at the tables etc it is very underwhelming so please do not get your hopes up guys.

If i am not mistaken, both Propecia and Minoxidil showed pretty significant results in terms of change in hair count at the 6 month mark, Brotzu from what i have gathered from this poorly carried out study and paper shows next to nothing.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I purchased the study and i have to admit i am extremely disappointed...

I also read the full study but for free.

It is trash, s-equol and carnitine probably did all the work. Brotzu does clearly states that DGLA may enhance pge1 or pge2. So either they didn't test it or tested and prefer to keep silence about it. He prefers to enforce the fact that DGLA is not a drug as well lol. What clown.

Anyways, just as expected.

Hotrangus

My Regimen
Reaction score
The male participants' age ranged from 32 to 53 in the study, with most in the upper range. These were indeed older men and we have yet to find out how well it works for us younger guys (it should work way better, i.e. the homemade results). The hair diameter increased most by month 3 (8.2%) and then just 1.2% more in the following 3 months (9.4%). This, however, is just the mean: It could be that the guy of 32 had 20% increase and the guys in their 50s had 2% etc. Still, I believe when you combine this with wounding and minoxidil, it will certainly have effects.
Does wounding actually do anything. I feel like a lot of people tried it after the study was published in 2013, but i haven't heard of any great results.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also read the full study but for free.

It is trash, s-equol and carnitine probably did all the work. Brotzu does clearly states that DGLA may enhance pge1 or pge2. So either they didn't test it or tested and prefer to keep silence about it. He prefers to enforce the fact that DGLA is not a drug as well lol. What clown.

Anyways, just as expected.

Who cares what did all the work? The real question is was any work even actually done?

Dinnosaur

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride:
upload_2018-10-30_15-45-15.png

Trinov:
upload_2018-10-30_15-46-1.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first study is what the 7th sense compared it to.

Last edited:

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's over... Yet another war of attrition ends in defeat.

I'm the bone of my scalp.
Decaying is my follicle and Rogaine is my blood.
I have suffered over a thousand scams.
Unaware of sides,
Nor aware of gains,
Withstood pain to use Rogaine two times a week, waiting for Brotzu to arrive.
I have no regrets. This is the only path.
My whole life was a LIE IN THE WORKS.

The 7TH Sense

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's always room for speculation mate, you could think "they went bald at an old age so their male pattern baldness must not be that aggressive" or "they were old so the cell/hair growth is also stunted by old age". No need for futher speculation, just wait and see how this goes. Wounding will surely be a big part in regrowing hair.
I 100% agree with you on this. It's always the same expression: wishful thinking. The option "this will work sh*t for guys in early 20s because of their super-aggressive balding" seems exactly reasonable, or even more than saying "this will work better on youngers because of the better healing/regenerating/responding capabilities of their cells". Come the f*** on, most of the early AGAs have a f*****g rapid evolution. Generally speaking, they are indeed quite aggressive and not always even a powerful drug like finasteride is able to maintain hairs long term. Looking at official studies, finasteride totally outshines s-equol in regards of decreasing DHT levels in the official literature, and as far as we know, keeping DHT at bay is still the key to get maintenance long term. This was reflected in the substantial difference on anagen-inducing properties between both of the two in the last confrontation I proposed.

Were we not told at Sitri that hair diameter was unchanged? Is this just a foreign antique that I picked up somewhere along the way catching dust in the back of my mind or what?
Mate, hair diameter doesn't change, it's a fact, was showed, calculated, demonstrated. Stop believing the multitude of those who say the contrary just because they only read the small % improvement in the study without looking a row below, because they probably have 0 clue about statistics and p-value. The diameter improvement registered IN THE MEAN VALUE was judged "not significant" for a reason. And the reason is that the patients' response in this aspect was so similar that the small number of patients who registered an improvement so marked to raise the mean was so small and unsignificant that it was considered to be caused by randomness, i.e. nobody can never guarantee that the improvement is even replicable or achievable. Otherwise why would they show up at Italy's most important hair congress to promote their research saying they experienced no change in diameter if that wasn't true...?

Look at the official trial paper for Finasteride... the photo results were 24 months and worse than the Brotzu ones.

In which parallel universe THESE results: (official 1998 Merck trials)
Screenshot_20181030-165927_Drive.jpg

Should be WORSE than THESE:
Brotzu-Before-After-Male.jpg

???

Here are the two main things that stood out. Quotes are pulled directly from the study:

(...)

2)"No significant differences were observed in men regarding the total number of hair at any control visits in comparison to baseline, yet men experienced a constant improvement. At the end of treatment (6 months) 63.3% of them had experienced an increase in total hair number and the percent change of total hair count after 6 months was +1.6% compared to baseline."

What does this even mean, they are literally contradicting themselves within the same paragraph
... This is just scratching the surface, anyhow looking at the tables etc it is very underwhelming so please do not get your hopes up guys.

That paragraph was beyond laughable. I already read it but didn't post here or mentioned elsewhere because I didn't want to destroy people' hopes, but you just reported it.
It also shows that not everyone reported improvements, in practical terms only 19 out of 30 did experience those improvements.

If i am not mistaken, both Propecia and Minoxidil showed pretty significant results in terms of change in hair count at the 6 month mark, Brotzu from what i have gathered from this poorly carried out study and paper shows next to nothing.
Results vary too much between studies, but generally Minoxidil provides a lot more regrowth at 6 months than this lotion and finasteride. And, speaking about minoxidil+finasteride, these results of a topical containing a mix of the two could be really described as Brotzu did in the patent for his lotion ("On day 90: in group 1 all the patients report total disappearance of hair reduction areas that have been replaced by robust and shiny hair."):

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 05.08.25.png

And these results are at 6 months (the same time frame Trinov covered).
If only there were these pics in the study or at sitri, I can't imagine the hype there would have been here. Instead we're basically fighting against each other and ourselves either to try to get something positive from this shitty unconclusive study. 6 months are f*****g nothing to say anything. Good luck in buying a black box and test it at 150€ per month. f*** fidia