Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
At 41 you may be going through andropause - lower testoterone and raised estrogen.
I would consider your options in having an optimal hormone profile. I would avoid trt personally, I'm thinking something like the once a week use of an AI like exemestane or herbs that act as test boosters/aromatase inhibitors.
Your middle age hormonal state is highly likely to be compromised which is worth looking into
@JLC
Exercise could be enough but putting dat out there

My muscle loss was just from doing no excercise for 10 years, I'd got scrawny, but 3 months ago started hitting the weight lifting hard and eating sh*t loads of protein, put on half a stone so far.
At the moment not worried about DHT at all, just thought if start taking hair loss meds it might then start messing with DHT, and I'm on this misson to gain 2 stone in a year and didn't want anything getting in the way and making even harder.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
235$ for three boxes. (78$ each)
40$ to ship.
60$ for all the parcl fees, insurance etc...

That's $115 per box - or $4 per ml. That's insane. I used to pay $50 20 years ago for a special formulation of minoxidil. I guess with inflation, it's not that far off.

At 41 you may be going through andropause - lower testoterone and raised estrogen.
I would consider your options in having an optimal hormone profile. I would avoid trt personally, I'm thinking something like the once a week use of an AI like exemestane or herbs that act as test boosters/aromatase inhibitors.
Your middle age hormonal state is highly likely to be compromised which is worth looking into
@JLC
Exercise could be enough but putting dat out there

When I hit 40 in was able to add more muscle and strength than i ever did in my early 20s. Maybe if you've been a lazy a**h** since your 20s, I agree, but anyone with any type of regular fitness does not work need to consider hormone options. You really need to consider that your responses often border simply on opinions.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's $115 per box - or $4 per ml. That's insane. I used to pay $50 20 years ago for a special formulation of minoxidil. I guess with inflation, it's not that far off.

When I hit 40 in was able to add more muscle and strength than i ever did in my early 20s. Maybe if you've been a lazy a**h** since your 20s, I agree, but anyone with any type of regular fitness does not work need to consider hormone options. You really need to consider that your responses often border simply on opinions.
Is it an opinion that andropause is a biological phase men often go through?
I don’t think it’s bad advice to look into your hormones and optimizing them

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you doubt the effects of Equol on DHT binding, the estrogenic effect in stimulating ER-a and ER-b receptors is indisputable. This alone makes it have great potential for hair.

See this study (it has nothing to do with the authors whose validity you doubt):

Equol, a natural estrogenic metabolite from soy isoflavones: convenient preparation and resolution of R- and S-equols and their differing binding and biological activity through estrogen receptors alpha and beta.

View attachment 107105
View attachment 107106

Here you can see graphs which show the maximum estrogenic potential of S-Equol to be equal to that of estradiol (at a much higher dose of course), and has a very preferable binding profile to estrogen receptor beta, which should minimize potential sides of estrogen such as gynecomastia and feminine fat gain which are mostly mediated by estrogen receptor alpha.

I've personally used racemic equol at 30 - 60 mg / day topically, and the results started to show very quickly, but so did the side effects. Racemic equol has a much worse side effect profile than S-Equol and also downregulates 5AR1 gene, making it very unfavorable for hair loss. It still works, but has nasty side effects. Thankfully this is not what Brotzu is using.

This alone makes me have hope for this lotion. Out of all these the L-Carnitine is probably the most worthless. The DGLA I am unsure of, it may have some local 5-AR inhibitory properties just like GLA, or it may simply act as a PGE1 precursor.

I think telling people that this lotion won't work is just as much of a disservice as hyping it up, I'm just merely annoyed by people constantly coming in here (who mostly don't understand anything) - and acting like their opinion holds any weight. You seem to be somewhat more informed than the average naysayer. Surely you can at least agree that estrogenic compounds are largely beneficial in the case of Androgenetic Alopecia, and that simply on that merit S-Equol (and hence Brotzu's lotion) may have potential for hair loss.

Though I love to hear somebody is supporting the lotion by providing scientific evidence / research, your answer still bugs me a bit and here is why

1) You used 30-60mg R-equol per day and TRINOV only has 11.2 mg per 30ml (or 11.2mg per 1ml ? correct me if I am wrong) and assuming 1ml usage per day, you are only spreading as little as 0.37 mg per day on you head, far less than what you are using now with R-equol. So, how did you convince yourself that this lotion is as effective as the R-equol you are using ?

2) I think, the point that @acbrantlin is trying to make is that, even though S-equol is found to be effective "on the paper" or whatever, it has been used in many snake oil products decades ago and therefore, logically, it is safe to assume that it does nothing in this lotion as well.

Personally, the only thing that I hope will work is DGLA because it is something new, aka, never been used and proved before and also, it is Brotzu only's invention.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score

With the internet + desperation + monopoly, becoming a millionaire has never been this easy :)

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Though I love to hear somebody is supporting the lotion by providing scientific evidence / research, your answer still bugs me a bit and here is why

1) You used 30-60mg R-equol per day and TRINOV only has 11.2 mg per 30ml (or 11.2mg per 1ml ? correct me if I am wrong) and assuming 1ml usage per day, you are only spreading as little as 0.37 mg per day on you head, far less than what you are using now with R-equol. So, how did you convince yourself that this lotion is as effective as the R-equol you are using ?

2) I think, the point that @acbrantlin is trying to make is that, even though S-equol is found to be effective "on the paper" or whatever, it has been used in many snake oil products decades ago and therefore, logically, it is safe to assume that it does nothing in this lotion as well.

Personally, the only thing that I hope will work is DGLA because it is something new, aka, never been used and proved before and also, it is Brotzu only's invention.
he wasn't using real liposomes for that high dose of r eqoul and he was seeing results in days from that dose

Last edited:

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm honewtly your response is borderline disrespectful. I literally said I would avoid testoterone tepla

he wasn't using real liposomes for that high dose of r eqoul and he was seeing results in days from that dose

Sorry for being a bit ignorant here but does it mean that, micro-dose liposome delivery is as effective as high-dose normal delivery ?

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for being a bit ignorant here but does it mean that, micro-dose liposome delivery is as effective as high-dose normal delivery ?
Yeah back in the summer this guy @Spice_Lord who is a phd pharmacist? showed us, but the premise of liposomes is to not only prevent systemic dispersion of active ingredients but greatly increase the activity/retention in the skin

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think it would mean something like r reqoul at 60 mg, but in a liposome at least 5x more effective than without

jiggo

Reaction score

11.2 mg per 30 ml in a topical, in best case stays completely on the head. 60 mg dissolved in 5-6 L blood reaching nearly every cell in the body. You notice a difference?

Which snake oil products similiar to Trinov were released?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
11.2 mg per 30 ml in a topical, in best case stays completely on the head. 60 mg dissolved in 5-6 L blood reaching nearly every cell in the body. You notice a difference?

@whatevr used 30 - 60mg topically daily (I assume he applied on his head alone), not orally. Am I missing something ?

I saw @acbrantlin posted some snake oil product from amazon before, cant remember it.

To be clear, I am neutral regarding this lotion. However, I found @acbrantlin 's point interesting.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score

There has been a few, also theres been home grown experiments

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/18420-S-Equol-Topical-lotion

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you doubt the effects of Equol on DHT binding, the estrogenic effect in stimulating ER-a and ER-b receptors is indisputable. This alone makes it have great potential for hair.

See this study (it has nothing to do with the authors whose validity you doubt):

Equol, a natural estrogenic metabolite from soy isoflavones: convenient preparation and resolution of R- and S-equols and their differing binding and biological activity through estrogen receptors alpha and beta.

View attachment 107105
View attachment 107106

Here you can see graphs which show the maximum estrogenic potential of S-Equol to be equal to that of estradiol (at a much higher dose of course), and has a very preferable binding profile to estrogen receptor beta, which should minimize potential sides of estrogen such as gynecomastia and feminine fat gain which are mostly mediated by estrogen receptor alpha.

I've personally used racemic equol at 30 - 60 mg / day topically, and the results started to show very quickly, but so did the side effects. Racemic equol has a much worse side effect profile than S-Equol and also downregulates 5AR1 gene, making it very unfavorable for hair loss. It still works, but has nasty side effects. Thankfully this is not what Brotzu is using.

This alone makes me have hope for this lotion. Out of all these the L-Carnitine is probably the most worthless. The DGLA I am unsure of, it may have some local 5-AR inhibitory properties just like GLA, or it may simply act as a PGE1 precursor.

I think telling people that this lotion won't work is just as much of a disservice as hyping it up, I'm just merely annoyed by people constantly coming in here (who mostly don't understand anything) - and acting like their opinion holds any weight. You seem to be somewhat more informed than the average naysayer. Surely you can at least agree that estrogenic compounds are largely beneficial in the case of Androgenetic Alopecia, and that simply on that merit S-Equol (and hence Brotzu's lotion) may have potential for hair loss.

What worries me is that the original discovery was all about the DLGA, S-Equol was added afterwards. This is not a reason to distrust the lotion, it just makes me more skeptical.

https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/81...release-a-much-anticipated-dgla→pge1-product/

Several days ago a comment in my last post stated that an 81-year old Italian doctor by the name of Dr. Giovanni Brotzu was planning to release a much anticipated prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) based topical product in Italy by the middle of this year. Later on I found out that it was a PGE1 precursor (Dihomo-Gamma-Linolenic Acid — DGLA) based product called the Brotzu lotion. Initially, I was highly skeptical about this product and borderline dismissive. However, further comments as well as hair loss forum threads about this product made me spend more time on the subject and finally write a post on it.

orphanfunkhouser

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
has anybody who's used Parcl.com got their package yet? I'm thinking about using it to ship to the states but want to make sure its a trustworthy service

Test subject X

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
has anybody who's used Parcl.com got their package yet? I'm thinking about using it to ship to the states but want to make sure its a trustworthy service
Orphan, i used parcl vendor was R2 logistics. I had them preorder with tutto farma on 11/30. so far i didnt recieve anything. and they are not responding to my requests for update.
Other members had better luck. i feel safe because the transaction is throu PayPal. if i dont hear anything in a week or two ill file a claim