Italian Hair Loss Lotion To Hit The Market In 2016

JLC

Established Member
Reaction score
Cut your horse sh*t. You're talking out of your *** and have no actual first-hand experience with any of these compounds. Put your money where your mouth is - order some racemic equol from Alibaba and use it in a dose of 15-30 mg per day, topically. Tell me it does nothing. I'll wait.

It will make your tits and *** balloon, and nuke your DHT to nothing, and I can guarantee your hair will improve in the process. This is no different from using something like estradiol or cyproterone acetate.

It's not a question if equol "works". The form of Equol used in Brotzu lotion is a much safer variant (S-Equol) and the only question is if Brotzu managed to make it work in such a low dose (which liposomes should help with). No one here has reported side effects yet, so it's only a matter of time to see if it is effective or not.

Bunch of dead-sh*t know-it-alls in this f*****g thread for years now who don't know the first thing about chemistry or biology, and not to mention lacking any first-hand experience in the subject matter to even speak about it. Pathetic.

0ff49113f737f6725161e579f345863f0a8b6d82d260aca7a3726c18b760b024.jpg

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cut your horse sh*t. You're talking out of your *** and have no actual first-hand experience with any of these compounds. Put your money where your mouth is - order some racemic equol from Alibaba and use it in a dose of 15-30 mg per day, topically. Tell me it does nothing. I'll wait.

It will make your tits and *** balloon, and nuke your DHT to nothing, and I can guarantee your hair will improve in the process. This is no different from using something like estradiol or cyproterone acetate.

It's not a question if equol "works". The form of Equol used in Brotzu lotion is a much safer variant (S-Equol) and the only question is if Brotzu managed to make it work in such a low dose (which liposomes should help with). No one here has reported side effects yet, so it's only a matter of time to see if it is effective or not.

Bunch of dead-sh*t know-it-alls in this f*****g thread for years now who don't know the first thing about chemistry or biology, and not to mention lacking any first-hand experience in the subject matter to even speak about it. Pathetic.

No offense but you're overcompensating by aggressively stating things to make it seem like you have the more authoritative voice to give the impression that what you're saying is more correct to unknowing spectators. It's a common tactic so I won't fault you for it, but you're doing everyone else a disservice by giving them false hope.

I did not say that s-equol itself does nothing. I have linked many research papers before that demonstrate the utility of equol in its role on DHT@ and its inhibition of the COX-2 enzyme@@ which in my opinion could play a bigger role if it indeed does have an effect at all.

However, it is a fact that s-equol wasn't part of the discovery drug. The discovery drug was PGE1 and PGE1 alone. Equol and carnitine were second-thought additions. He didn't spontaneously conceive the idea that they should be added to the lotion. He said himself he knows nothing about hair, and he definitely wasn't using them equol or carnitine when he was messing around with PGE1 on diabetic limbs, so the only possible conclusion is that he read papers by other people to find things to add that would at least theoretically cover both the minoxidil (pge1/dgla vasodilator) and finasteride (equol antiDHT) treatment strategies. How lucky for us that his first 2 out-of-the-hat picks were amazing successes right? Just because there is research supporting it doesn't mean it will do anything. You're not going to regrow hair from this treatment. You're just not going to. No amount of wordplay or counterpoints will make it any less true. Just to reiterate, daidzein is in many other anti-fall treatments that have been around for decades. Guess what daidzein turns into in the body? Equol.

@ The leading research papers on the effects of equol on DHT were done Brigham Young University (earliest one I can find is 2004) by someone named T.D. Lund and they're mainly on its effects on DHT with respect to prostate cancer/BPH. His brother Steven Lund is the President and CEO of Nu Skin Enterprises, which is an American multi-level-marketing scheme. TD Lund licensed his research to his brother to use equol in an anti-aging product line. I'm not going to argue a point with that information, because there has been more unaffiliated research since, but many of them reference Lund's research. It's just information some other user here found awhile back that I found interesting. I think it was deadshotdevil or whatever his name is I don't give a sh*t.

@@ Equol's effect on the COX-2 enzyme is in my opinion a lot more interesting. Cotsarelis (one of the leading hair growth researchers) has done a lot of research many many years ago that link PGE1, PGE2 and PGD2 to hair. COX-1 and COX-2 metabolize DGLA into PGE1 and PGE2. COX-2 also makes PGD2 (which supposedly has a negative effect on hair growth). Equol inhibits the production of COX-2. So the theoretical synergies between the two ingredients are a real phenomenon. I argued that multiple times in the past, but I learned my lesson. Also just to reiterate again, many esteemed hair loss researchers in the past have professed the effects of Borage oil and evening primrose oil at increasing PGE1, because they're GLA, which is basically DGLA. Some people have found success with those oils. Maybe you should try them instead of Brotzu's lotion since they're cheaper and will have no different effect.

Again, just because ingredients dance around the theories of what might potentially benefit your hair don't mean they will.

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO1992012703A1/en
Here's a 1991 patent application for hair growth using liposomes. The same liposomes that Brotzu is using. Who knew the cure was discovered 27 years ago.

Last edited:

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why the f*** the lotion is out of stock everywhere.
is the only option left is to try to buy it in local pharma ?

i don't think that they are producing 5000 bottles/ day since October is true.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You better get started on borage oil or evening primrose oil then, they turn into DGLA in the body! Also some soybean extracts have lots of daidzein which turns into equol in the body! Lots of research supporting them. The cure has been right under our noses for decades! Much cheaper than Brotzu's lotion too. Good luck!

Reactions: br1

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You better get started on borage oil or evening primrose oil then, they turn into DGLA in the body! Also some soybean extracts have lots of daidzein which turns into equol in the body! Lots of research supporting them. The cure has been right under our noses for decades! Much cheaper than Brotzu's lotion too. Good luck!
He found the cure!
Praise the lord!

jiggo

Reaction score
https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2015170247A1/en

"Still different and most important is the observation of group 5, treated with DGLA alone at the same concentration employed in Lotion A: there is no reduction in hair loss and even less any regrowth, not even of fuzz.

The extraordinary effects that are displayed by the compositions of the present invention are then due to synergies between single components, promoted by the characteristics of the liposome suspensions used."

Dont know what you are talking about.

Also it doesn't depend on what turns to what into what in the body. You have to deliver the right substance to the right place for the right time and duration. You can have the most powerful anti hairloss substance. If you are not able to get it reach the follicle and stay there it will do sh*t. It will maybe grow you tits but it wont do anything against hairloss.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2015170247A1/en

"Still different and most important is the observation of group 5, treated with DGLA alone at the same concentration employed in Lotion A: there is no reduction in hair loss and even less any regrowth, not even of fuzz.

The extraordinary effects that are displayed by the compositions of the present invention are then due to synergies between single components, promoted by the characteristics of the liposome suspensions used."

Dont know what you are talking about.

Also it doesn't depend on what turns to what into what in the body. You have to deliver the right substance to the right place for the right time and duration. You can have the most powerful anti hairloss substance. If you are not able to get it reach the follicle and stay there it will do sh*t. It will maybe grow you tits but it wont do anything against hairloss.

So you're saying it doesn't matter that DGLA turns into PGE1 in the body? But PGE1 is the miracle discovery drug that grew hair on diabetic limbs.

Also, shoot! Darn it you got me! The patent says "DGLA alone at the same concentration employed in Lotion A: there is no reduction in hair loss and even less any regrowth, not even of fuzz."

No wait, hold on. https://bellicapelliforum.com/en/interview/exclusive-interview-with-dr-brotzu-for-bellicapelli/
"PGE1 and DGLA are effective also by themselves in case of androgenetic alopecia but if they are associated with equol they are more effective"

I guess Brotzu can't keep track of which lie he's telling at any given moment.

Last edited:

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I made an account specifically because of the Brotzu thread. Commenting on other threads would then mean that I casually frequent a hair loss forum, which is not something I want to be known for even to only myself.

I've said all this before multiple times, but I'll do it again.

I was an early defender of the lotion. I did all the research and I did the necessary mental gymnastics for the science to make sense, and I won't lie that parts of it still theoretically make sense (but so do those of many drugs that end up failing). What's sad is I can see the same logic people use now that I also used back in 2016, so I can somewhat empathize. I also went through the faulty logic that Merck would try to shut it down because it would cut into their sales. I also went through the faulty logic of "why would a respected Doctor lie" and "Fidia is a reputable company, they wouldn't risk their reputation on a scam." I won't sugarcoat the fact that I was f*****g retarded back then just like you and others are now. The thin threads of hope blinded me to the flagrant inconsistencies in Brotzu's own words and the fact that the ingredients are basically the same as hundreds of other cosmetic anti-fall products that have existed on the market for decades that don't work:

All of them share the same basic ingredients:

1. A derivate of gamma linolenic acid
- Borage oil and evening primrose oil and others, all very very old hair loss treatments. They all consist of Gamma-linoleic acid, aka GLA. GLA converts to DGLA in the body. DGLA is the main ingredient in Brotzu's lotion.

2. Some form of phytoestrogen (plant-based estrogen) or soy isoflavone. A popular one is Glycine Soja oil. They're meant to bind to estrogen receptor beta. They also play a large role in the whole chain of enzymes and metabolites that have been researched for decades to play a role in hair, such as PGE2, PGD2 and the COX-2 enzyme.
-S-equol and R-equol, the secondary ingredient in Brotzu's lotion, are soy isoflavones. Excluding their interaction with DHT, they very actively bind to estrogen receptor beta.

3. Some amino acid that aids in cell metabolism. There are so many of them. One that's used in some of these anti-fall lotions is L-Methionine.
-Brotzu's lotion uses L-Carnitine.

Those are the main ingredients in Brotzu's lotion. They're alarmingly similar to many other anti-fall lotions that have been out for decades and have research supporting that they are good for your hair.

It's important to know that the only 'discovery' ingredient is the DGLA (which is a precursor to the real discovery ingredient PGE1). the equol and L-Carnitine are "these 15 year old papers says it might be good for hair, so I'll just throw them into the batter and see how it works" ingredients. They were never anything and they do nothing. And we know from above that DGLA is nothing new in the hair loss industry.

The only 'new' thing is liposomal delivery, which aren't actually new. Hollywood hair doctors are big into the egg mixture scalp injections for hair treatments that have existed for many years. Guess what the Brotzu patent says they use for liposomes? phosphatidylcholine. Guess what's in eggs? phosphatidylcholine.

With that we've finally come full circle to the realization that this product will do basically nothing. It might make your hair feel nicer, who knows. But you will not regrow hair.

For someone who doesn't think this lotion is going to do anything you just spent enough free time typing that out. As for phosphatidylcholine it is used because it is a substance that creates the film that makes up the surface of the liposome. All liposomal solutions use either this or Phos- pholipon 90.

Last edited:

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering the origin story was saying DGLA reversed hairloss in a male nurse, I don't see how the patent could be accurate in how it discusses that. We should ignore the original patent as I think it was just a means to secure future commodification, a lot of its claims don't really match up with anything

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering the origin story was saying DGLA reversed hairloss in a male nurse, I don't see how the patent could be accurate in how it discusses that. We should ignore the original patent as I think it was just a means to secure future commodification, a lot of its claims don't really match up with anything
If you read the packaging of the lotion and or the statement on any of the sites you bought the lotion from, or any of the many pages in this thread spanning from 2016 to now you would know the origin story. The origin story is that doctor Brotzu, a vascular surgeon, was testing out a PGE1 formulation on the limbs of diabetics and he noticed hair growth. PGE1 is considered a drug which means costly trials, so he switched it to the precursor DGLA so it would qualify as a cosmetic.

Weren't you facilitating that retarded *** group buy in the hair loss discord? You'd think you would know more about the sh*t you're trying to scam on people.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you read the packaging of the lotion and or the statement on any of the sites you bought the lotion from, or any of the many pages in this thread spanning from 2016 to now you would know the origin story. The origin story is that doctor Brotzu, a vascular surgeon, was testing out a PGE1 formulation on the limbs of diabetics and he noticed hair growth. PGE1 is considered a drug which means costly trials, so he switched it to the precursor DGLA so it would qualify as a cosmetic.

Weren't you facilitating that retarded *** group buy in the hair loss discord? You'd think you would know more about the sh*t you're trying to scam on people.
Lol.. So DGLA turns into PGE1 same difference

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol.. So DGLA turns into PGE1 same difference

Oh good you agree, so borage oil is the same as DGLA then. Because GLA turns into DGLA same difference.So soy turns into equol same difference.

We have the cure then! Borage oil + soy + egg yolks for the liposome and you have yourself a homemade Brotzu lotion. You should make a group buy for that.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh good you agree, so borage oil is the same as DGLA then. Because GLA turns into DGLA same difference.So soy turns into equol same difference.

We have the cure then! Borage oil + soy + egg yolks for the liposome and you have yourself a homemade Brotzu lotion. You should make a group buy for that.

You're just pointing out precursors - it doesn't mean the body in certain environments converts them. In the case of DGLA > PGE1 it was found it does.

Goodsend

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just put it for day 7. Honestly I still see less shedding when I wash my hair and that is encouraging but I don't want to mislead people in saying this lotion works. Especially considering it's only been 7 days and I doubt the lotion can have an effect this fast.

The effect may well be because of a stop in seasonal shedding. Pretty much every year I lose more hair during the months of October and November and then I recover during the winter months.
I'm curious what are the experiences of others that are using the lotion and if they noticed less hair shedding after showering

As for other things...one thing I definitely don't like is the fact the lotion is very oily and my hair get dirty and sticky when I put it. Keep in mind I use a lot of the lotion (3 full doses of the dropper) to cover a small area (my temples). So that may be why my hair get so dirty.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made an account specifically because of the Brotzu thread. Commenting on other threads would then mean that I casually frequent a hair loss forum, which is not something I want to be known for even to only myself.
Let me get this straight: so you would rather casually lie to yourself? There is an element of insecurity in worrying so much about hair loss, I'll admit that. However, being so insecure in seeking help about hair loss to the extent of openly lying to yourself... that's next level.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hahahaha. That was fantastic. And, also, horseshit is an underutilized word.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me get this straight: so you would rather casually lie to yourself? There is an element of insecurity in worrying so much about hair loss, I'll admit that. However, being so insecure in seeking help about hair loss to the extent of openly lying to yourself... that's next level.

Let me rephrase to help you understand better. There's no reason for me to post on any other thread because every other thread is pointless or years away. Participating in those threads has no effect, so the only reason I would participate would be if I wanted to discuss with you demented fuckwads, which is not something I have any desire to do. Is that simpler to understand? The reason I post in this thread isn't to have a fun conversation with you dimwits, it's to post information that people want to pretend to ignore as I watch people spout false bullshit about this product. Unfortunately it's annoys me when I watch gullible dipshits lap up the garbage that borderline schizophrenics like Arrade and others say, so I feel obligated to post to clear up any misleading information they say. To clarify, there's nothing wrong with seeking help for your hair loss on sites like this, but there is something wrong with lingering. If anything, there's something wrong with you if you're not insecure about being a regular on this forum. If you find a home here then you have something much bigger wrong with you than hair loss.

Regardless, your post is an attack on me and not my position against Brotzu's lotion, so it's pointless. Feel free to pick a part of I said about the lotion to counter.