I've Had Enough...not Dealing With This Anymore

FootyStar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that Bobster has said before that he has DUPA, so unfortunately, most conventional treatments aside from a wig are not an option.

Perhaps consider investing in one?

I second this.

Sure there is a stigma to wearing and the maintenance is high, but if the hair loss is that unbearable and your options are limited, maybe you can try it?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
When is N003 going to understand, THE GUY HAS F-CKING DUPA, he can't have a hair transplant! Please let that sink in, N003. He has exhausted all options besides a wig, which is hardly a solution.

Anyway, Bobster - please don't do anything stupid. And like someone else here said - it seems like more of a cry for help than anything else. Just remember that the members of this forum are here to listen when you need us.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that Bobster has said before that he has DUPA, so unfortunately, most conventional treatments aside from a wig are not an option.

Perhaps consider investing in one?

I see... That would mak hair transplants a problem. Hair systems, even though many here like to sh*t on them, would indeed drastically improve your physical appearance if you can get over the mental barrier. Otherwise SMP alone would be the best solution and just pray to Tsuji for a solution in 4 years

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry but having threatened and attempted suicide at several points in my life I would say this goes more into the category of a cry for attention than a serious portent of self-harm. The guy is still viewing the forums atm and has obviously not crossed over into the other side.

Bobster, don't waste your ammo in this fashion. If you truly wanted to die you would not have posted this thread. You would have sought out the most efficient manner in which to off yourself and done it long ago.

my thoughts exactly. People who want to commit suicide do, they dont tell people they are. Like you said its a cry for attention, then everyone answering them are just vying for some attention themselves. Very FEW people really want to "help", mainly its a selfish charade, or youre just doing it because you think "your supposed to". Did you think your "dont do it" was any more effective to the 40 prior?
Sorry to be so "negative" but really thats what it is.

T

tellersquill

I've known two depressed people in that past say they were going to kill themselves and then did so within a year.

Sometimes people say they will and then do so.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like you said its a cry for attention, then everyone answering them are just vying for some attention themselves. Very FEW people really want to "help", mainly its a selfish charade

Wow, I thought I was cynical

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I've known two depressed people in that past say they were going to kill themselves and then did so within a year.

You are right - some people do so. But in my experience - and I have had a lot of experience with suicidal people (including myself) - people who say they are going to commit suicide don't. What they really seek is help, they may not know where to get it or what to do - but they don't really want to die. The people who actually go through with suicide usually do so without a warning. But like you say, some people who say they're going to kill themselves go through with it, so we really have no way of knowing if Bobster is serious or not. All we can do is let him know that he's not alone, and that we are here to listen if he wants us to. Of course we don't know Bobster and don't care about him in that sense, but I'm pretty sure none of us wants him to kill himself.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When is N003 going to understand, THE GUY HAS F-CKING DUPA, he can't have a hair transplant! Please let that sink in, N003. He has exhausted all options besides a wig, which is hardly a solution.

Anyway, Bobster - please don't do anything stupid. And like someone else here said - it seems like more of a cry for help than anything else. Just remember that the members of this forum are here to listen when you need us.

I personally don't think you have DUPA Bobster.. also, you may have very good quality donor. Why not post some pics, so the more educated forum members can give you some advice. There are some people on here that actually know more than the reject dermatologists! we are on you side and want to help.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
There are some people on here that actually know more than the reject dermatologists!

Ain't that the truth. The average member on this forum probably know more about hair loss than a dermatologist and a doctor combined. I remember back when I was trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with my hair, and I had to do all the research on my own because the dermatologists/doctors I went to didn't know sh-t. I actually had to lecture them on multiple occasions about hair loss. One dermatologist didn't even know what Rogaine was and told me to just get over it and go buy byself a wig.

T

tellersquill

EvilLocks, it seems everyone on here has had some bout with suicidal thoughts!

I've been there myself but I've never done it - not even made an attempt but I thought about it a lot.

I'm actually not against suicide if its the right reason. If someone has ALS or has chronic pain then I understand. I can almost see why schizophrenics do it as well.

Reactions: DBW
T

tellersquill

Yep, but as you say else where, we all handle these things differently. Some people bottle it up (most guys do) and then kills themselves, whereas some talk about it openly and then end it.

I think the reason some of us don't talk about suicide is because we don't want to be a downer. I only talk about it to a friend who has an eating disorder and bipolar.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. The average member on this forum probably know more about hair loss than a dermatologist and a doctor combined. I remember back when I was trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with my hair, and I had to do all the research on my own because the dermatologists/doctors I went to didn't know sh-t. I actually had to lecture them on multiple occasions about hair loss. One dermatologist didn't even know what Rogaine was and told me to just get over it and go buy byself a wig.

So that's pretty much the same everywhere then, regardless of what country, male or female...
I had to tell my dermatologist I wanted Propecia. She actually googled it right there, in front of my eyes because she had no clue what it was.
Oh and the "Looks like you better get married while you still have hair, teehee!" comment was f*****g priceless.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ive known two people who commited suicide. One went off into the woods and disappeared. No one knew anything until after it was done and they found the body. One youd say did it by stopping their medication, ignoring their health problems and let themselves go. This person was a manic depressive.
Then Ive heard the HUNDREDS of others who say it over and over and merely want attention. There are also those who ironically do it "wrong"......
If someone wants to do it they will do it.
When they said they were going to do it, did anyone try to stop them? Give them help? Probably. Did it help, well not by what you just said.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive known two people who commited suicide. One went off into the woods and disappeared. No one knew anything until after it was done and they found the body. One youd say did it by stopping their medication, ignoring their health problems and let themselves go. This person was a manic depressive.
Then Ive heard the HUNDREDS of others who say it over and over and merely want attention. There are also those who ironically do it "wrong"......
If someone wants to do it they will do it.
When they said they were going to do it, did anyone try to stop them? Give them help? Probably. Did it help, well not by what you just said.

None of this matters. Bobster is depressed obviously and needs help concerning hair loss. this is a hair loss forum. Not a "fundamentals of the suicidal mind 101" course. Perhaps if we use this thread to be constructive about his options, he will have something to look forward to.

@Bobster231 - please provide us with some info if you'd like. perhaps we can help.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry but having threatened and attempted suicide at several points in my life I would say this goes more into the category of a cry for attention than a serious portent of self-harm. The guy is still viewing the forums atm and has obviously not crossed over into the other side.

Bobster, don't waste your ammo in this fashion. If you truly wanted to die you would not have posted this thread. You would have sought out the most efficient manner in which to off yourself and done it long ago.

Wow, I don't think anyone on here knew that you attempted suicide. I think a lot of people on here would be surprised to know that I've attempted suicide myself too. I've nearly OD'ed several times and I've stood at the foot of an overpass, contemplating jumping. And I've engaged in plenty of very reckless behavior that could've led to my death. I know a guy who actually committed suicide about a month ago too. People on here would've probably never guessed this since I think most of my posts lead people to think that I am a very rational and calm guy. But I've been there.

And I don't think it's right to judge Bobster's motives, especially when he is clearly suffering and reaching out to us for help. One thing that I've learned throughout my struggles is that lots of suicidal people do not want to die, but instead they just want the pain and suffering to end. Even when the situation seems beyond hopeless, they still feel the same way because although they have thoughts of suicide, actual death (and the act going through with committing suicide) is a very scary thing. And the triggers for suicide can turn normally sane and rational people into completely different people who act out of desperation. I know because I have been there. Actually being on the brink of death is a very scary thing. Never coming back again, and possibly even going to hell. In short, we really should be showing Bobster feelings of compassion and encouragement (as plenty of people have done on here) as opposed to questioning his motives.

T

tellersquill

F2005, good post and it sums up how I feel when I've been depressed. I don't want to die but I don't want to suffer and whenever I've been low that was how I felt.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I've only posted here for a short while.

But hair loss has completely destroyed my life and every aspect of who I am and i'm not dealing with it anymore.

I've suffered enough.

I'll see you guys on the other side.

Goodbye.

How are You Today Bobster?

As did many here, I had your inconsolable heart wrapped
in my protective thoughts the entire evening.
If you're listening now, just wanted to tell you I'm still with you .
Drop me a PM anytime you feel up to it.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
EvilLocks, it seems everyone on here has had some bout with suicidal thoughts!

Yes, and with good reason. Hair loss is a disease of the mind, slowly killing the person you once were - piece by piece. You'll never be the same as before... However, it is possible to find a way to live with it. Firstly you have to learn everything there is to know about hair loss and treatments, and then put them into practice. Prepare to do all the research yourself - you're better off that way than listening to those clueless dermatologists. Then there is the option of a hair transplant, unless you are suffering from DUPA. Look at Fred - he hit rock bottom and was even admitted to a mental hospital over his hair loss (me too). And look at him now! His hair might not be perfect but he's living a life worth living. He took real action and is now rewarded for it. Then, there are those poor souls like Bobster who are suffering from DUPA and have failed to respond to treatments. For us, there is no other way to continue living than "accept" that things are the way they are, and they will continue to be so until (if) a cure finally arrives. For me, what helped me was antidepressants. I know it's not a perfect solution and it's not for everybody, and I even know some members of this forum don't believe in the effectiveness of antidepressants. But for me they have helped change my mindset. My life is still crap but I can finally find joy in the small things again, unlike before when everything was in deep, dark despair. I see a hair piece as a final, last "solution", when you have exhausted EVERYTHING else. I'm sure the members here who have worn a hair piece will tell you it's no walk in the park... And I understand that the stigma of men and hair pieces is a problem. But if that's the only thing that will make you feel even just a little more like your old self again, I'd say give it a try. Try everything before you decide it's not worth to continue living...