I've Had Enough...not Dealing With This Anymore

EvilLocks

Reaction score
have had suicidal thoughts many times before

Its pretty normal to have lonely, depressive and empty emotions whike balding. Feelings of uncertainty, and value.

Suck it up. Wear a hat, sprinkle your toppik and move on. There is nothing we can do it about it. Self pity will get you no where. If you need a wig, get one.

There is no sympathy with this disease. Ride it out, and be a functioning drone like the rest of us.

Idk if you're being serious but I think it's a little insensitive to tell him to 'suck it up' from under your NW1 (sorry if I'm confusing you with someone else, but I believe you had a successful hair transplant and restored your hair almost completely?) Hair loss is a serious issue, and although I agree with you that this disease will get no sympathy from non-sufferers, shouldn't we at least as fellow hair loss sufferers show him some real support? The last thing a suicidal person needs is being told to 'suck it up'. I know this from f-cking experience. I remember when I was bawling my eyes out in front of my dermatologist and she told me to 'get over it' and go by myself a wig, I wanted to rip all her hair out and then ask her how she feels.

shookwun

Reaction score
Get a wig or transplant and deal with it. I had s transplant, ;but Its still an going crutch, all though I am managing much better.

I wish I had more density, I wish my hairline was lower, I wish I didn't have this god forbidden disease. What sympathy is there? Nobody gives a sh*t if I am bald or you are balding. That life.

Do you think I would frequent these forums if my hair loss was completely restored? I took myself from subhuman to someobe who functon.. I still think about my hair all the time because it's thin all over, as it will always be the burden of my insecurities. I simply manage.

MrBald

Reaction score
I've only posted here for a short while.

But hair loss has completely destroyed my life and every aspect of who I am and i'm not dealing with it anymore.

I've suffered enough.

I'll see you guys on the other side.

Goodbye.

Dont do it. You are not alone I have felt and often feel like that too. But hold on, maybe better treatments come in the future. Do other things in the meanwhile, that doesn't rely on your physical appearance.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This. I didn't understand this for a long time, and for a moment there I thought I'd actually kill myself because of hair loss. That's how depressed I was. Now I realize that there are things to live for, and although life will never be the same (not in a positive way) I will survive (unless something kills me). Also, my grandfather passing this week learnt me how fragile life is. You've only got one life, there are no guarantees for the afterlife and quite frankly I don't think there is one - although I would love to believe it.

I had one of my closest friends from elementary school commit suicide a few years ago. His wife left him and started messing around with other men. He decided living without her wasn't worth it and killed himself. His mom found him in his bedroom later in the day it happened when she went to visit him. I and a couple other friends were the pallbearers. I feel bad for the family; they really miss him and he could have easily found himself a much more deserving wife; easily in fact.

My mom's got tinnitus and it's so bad for her she wanted to commit suicide as well; habituation certainly helped her a lot.

The way I feel is that unless you've got one of those terminal illnesses (or something pretty close to it), then suicide is not a reasonable option.... plus it's pretty selfish, I can't imagine putting my family and friends through that.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
have had suicidal thoughts many times before

Its pretty normal to have lonely, depressive and empty emotions whike balding. Feelings of uncertainty, and value.

Suck it up. Wear a hat, sprinkle your toppik and move on. There is nothing we can do it about it. Self pity will get you no where. If you need a wig, get one.

There is no sympathy with this disease. Ride it out, and be a functioning drone like the rest of us.

Its funny. Me and the GF were watching a show about 2 nights ago (I dont remember what, might have been Modern, Blackish, Goldbergs or even something on Adult swim) and they made a bald guy joke. But a pretty bad one. Her words "holy sh*t, I always heard you talk about this and thought it was in your head, but after listening to you for so ling its like EVERWHERE".
And I replied yet I cant call out a fat person. She works HR, I should have asked her what action would be taken if an employee said he was being harrassed about his hair loss by co workers.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk if you're being serious but I think it's a little insensitive to tell him to 'suck it up' from under your NW1 (sorry if I'm confusing you with someone else, but I believe you had a successful hair transplant and restored your hair almost completely?) Hair loss is a serious issue, and although I agree with you that this disease will get no sympathy from non-sufferers, shouldn't we at least as fellow hair loss sufferers show him some real support? The last thing a suicidal person needs is being told to 'suck it up'. I know this from f-cking experience. I remember when I was bawling my eyes out in front of my dermatologist and she told me to 'get over it' and go by myself a wig, I wanted to rip all her hair out and then ask her how she feels.

Some people are just incapable of empathy, even to those who are in a very similar position to themselves, it's still a matter of "sucking it up" as long as it's not happening to you. I find it ridiculous he starts out by saying he's had suicidal thoughts himself, and then acts like it's not big deal, stop being a pussy. The man should not be allowed near a keyboard.

But as for him being an NW1 well, as someone else (can't remember who) put it very well, shookwun's hair situation is incomprehensible. One day he's writing about how bald guys are no threat to him when it comes to women (as if he isn't one himself) the next day he's talking about getting a wig again, only months after his 2nd hair transplant.

Try and make sense of it if you dare.

Couldn't agree more, shook.

Outside of family and some close friends, people couldn't care less if any of us fall into the ******* Grand Canyon ... let alone care that we're losing hair.

And even the family and friends wouldn't grieve for that long.

Life goes on.

Only the strong survive... :cool:

No time to read h.l.'s mindless drivel, by the way ... gotta go watch some paint dry...

You do not have the substance to garner any meaningful attention so you just try attacking people, and hey you got me to quote you so well done on that.

Speak for yourself when it comes to your family and friends not grieving long, but this is a non-surprising insight into your life. So a thread is about a guy committing suicide and you write about how nobody would care if we all died? Smooth move dumbass.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I say, probably most people who genuinely replied sympathetically all realise this could be a meaningless thread, but you were the only one who felt it was necessary to throw the "cry for help" phrase at someone who could genuinely be in a dark place, and if a genuine suicide attempt does go wrong- what worse than to come back to accusations of "cry for help"? Are you ensuring he tries harder next time?

And the logic! Oh my god:

If you truly wanted to die you would not have posted this thread. You would have sought out the most efficient manner in which to off yourself and done it long ago

Normally you come to your conclusions with some reasoned thought zircon but these have to be 2 of the stupidest f*****g sentences I've ever read. The first one is pretty bad, I mean have you never heard of a suicide note? The 2nd one is unbelievable, you decided that he can't be committing suicide because if he did, it would have happened a long time ago? What the hell am I actually reading here? There's not even a start point into figuring out how you came so such a thought.

It just shows that you're completely guessing, like the rest of us you have no clue, but you're trying to show your intelligence that you can't be fooled by some guy on the internet when in reality everyone is thinking this is a possibility, and there's no point in questioning it. You have the option not to post in a thread, y'know? Do that next time, even people expressing a "cry for help" would not appreciate it being called that (unless in retrospect), and in some cases it will only spur them on to prove (to themselves this time) that they mean it.

Over reacting? I dont think its about proving youre so smart. Its about not falling into an attention seekers trap and losing your personal resources trying to be part of a situation that is more than likely false, repetitive, and/or futile. If he was going to kill himself he more than likely would have. There is nothing your words here will do but make yourself feel better.
Honesly Hes not in the wrong here, maybe Zircon is a bit closer to me than he would like to think

giphy.gif

The way I feel is that unless you've got one of those terminal illnesses (or something pretty close to it), then suicide is not a reasonable option.... plus it's pretty selfish, I can't imagine putting my family and friends through that.

Everyone who says suicide is selfish should lose a toe, preferably your big one. What qualifies as a terminal illness? Would MS? Would HIV? Would crippling depression? Obesity is terminal?

Dont know why, but that "selfish" bit always irks me. Maybe you are being selfish for wanting them to stick it out when they dont want to.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think its about proving youre so smart. Its about not falling into an attention seekers trap and losing your personal resources trying to be part of a situation that is more than likely false, repetitive, and/or futile. If he was going to kill himself he more than likely would have. There is nothing your words here will do but make yourself feel better.

What an utter crock of sh*t this is. "Falling into an attention seekers trap"? I'm sure the majority of people in this thread had their own thoughts about the OP but kept it to themselves without making weirdly self-congratulatory judgements on his intentions. If anything it's you and a few others in this thread using words to make themselves feel (and look) better. Not everything in this section has to be about one-upmanship. Maybe it is a cry for attention. Why is that such a problem? This is the first thread this poster has made on the subject afaik....really exhausting our "personal resources".

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Get a wig or transplant and deal with it. I had s transplant, ;but Its still an going crutch, all though I am managing much better.

I wish I had more density, I wish my hairline was lower, I wish I didn't have this god forbidden disease. What sympathy is there? Nobody gives a sh*t if I am bald or you are balding. That life.

Do you think I would frequent these forums if my hair loss was completely restored? I took myself from subhuman to someobe who functon.. I still think about my hair all the time because it's thin all over, as it will always be the burden of my insecurities. I simply manage.

I'm sorry, I always got the impression you were a solid NW1 from reading your posts. Sorry to hear about your hair troubles, we all know it's hard. But like you probably already know, you should feel grateful that you were able to somewhat restore your hair, not everyone's that lucky. Anyway, you say you took yourself from subhuman to someone who function. Wouldn't that mean that you didn't function before your hair transplant? Would you, as someone who didn't function, like to be told to 'suck it up' and wear a wig? Also, didn't you actually wear a wig, but decided it was too much of a struggle? As you probably know, a wig is no ideal solution - if it can be called a solution at all. I get that someone with DUPA hair loss has no choice but to continue living with their problem (or commit suicide), but there must be a nicer way to put it than 'suck it up'? Especially since you're a hair loss sufferer yourself.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
What an utter crock of sh*t this is. "Falling into an attention seekers trap"? I'm sure the majority of people in this thread had their own thoughts about the OP but kept it to themselves without making weirdly self-congratulatory judgements on his intentions. If anything it's you and a few others in this thread using words to make themselves feel (and look) better. Not everything in this section has to be about one-upmanship. Maybe it is a cry for attention. Why is that such a problem? This is the first thread this poster has made on the subject afaik....really exhausting our "personal resources".

well were OBVIOUSLY not making ourselves "look" better are we.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Perfectly put, I can throw swingline's post in the "utter bullshit" category along with zircon's logic on why this thread is fake.

I asked what exactly posting about him lying is going to do for anyone, what difference it will make? And swingline you give me this "personal resources" crap? Don't click the thread, you think it's bullshit then fine, stay away from it. Is your actual excuse that you're concerned about other people wasting their precious time reading this thread and replying? As if you give a sh*t, c'mon. This is only about your ego and showing how smart you are, unlike the rest of us naive sheeple.

If you're right then you get to say "Told ya so!" and you get to at least feel smart (but you will not LOOK smart to others as everyone realises this possibility but we just didn't have to say it) and validated, if you're wrong, and he survived a suicide attempt to read your thoughts, then you just insulted and demeaned what could be a seriously depressed and suicidal person.

But what matters more to you? Being ahead of the rest of us idiots. The risk is worth it to egomaniacs.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perfectly put, I can throw swingline's post in the "utter bullshit" category along with zircon's logic on why this thread is fake.

I asked what exactly posting about him lying is going to do for anyone, what difference it will make? And swingline you give me this "personal resources" crap? Don't click the thread, you think it's bullshit then fine, stay away from it. Is your actual excuse that you're concerned about other people wasting their precious time reading this thread and replying? As if you give a sh*t, c'mon. This is only about your ego and showing how smart you are, unlike the rest of us naive sheeple.

If you're right then you get to say "Told ya so!" and you get to at least feel smart (but you will not LOOK smart to others as everyone realises this possibility but we just didn't have to say it) and validated, if you're wrong, and he survived a suicide attempt to read your thoughts, then you just insulted and demeaned what could be a seriously depressed and suicidal person.

But what matters more to you? Being ahead of the rest of us idiots. The risk is worth it to egomaniacs.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS it you got my number, just trying to show how smart I am. Do you ACTUALLY think that either me or Zircon would have posted our posts if we thought we were not going to be verbally murdered?
Sorry but just like you will post how you feel, I will post how I feel and so will others. I grew up with a person who did nothing but whine about wanting to kill themselves my entire life. I had friends who did it. I see it on TV and have heard people call my radio shows taking up precious listening time to now have to listen to the host try and verbally rub their shoulders. People who do this are taking up other peoples time and mental comfort.
As stated Ive know 2 people who technically killed themselves. One sudden and without warning and another slowly through some time. Those who want to will. Its like a drug for some people though. They are addicted to the misery and then the attention. If you came in and saw his post then 3 others who tried to talk him down, then why would you also try? Its a waste of time. Im here because its fun to read some stuff people write, thats all.
You can throw my post in the utter BS catagory. It might land on the everyones from pages and pages before me since I threw most of those in there to.

as for another retarded observation. Do you really think when this kid comes back and goes "ahhhhhhhhhhhh fooled you all" Ill waste my time going "told you". I would hope most people would learn their lesson. For all you know this guy may never come back, and let this account die then create a new one just to do this again in a month or so. Its he web, you will never know.

go ahead and say your final piece if you like, Im pretty much done in this thread.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bobster, if you're reading this thread, I am sorry it's become all about a few selfish *** posters who are posting in it. You probably imagined this sh*t would happen. There ARE other options to make yourself feel at least content with your situation. You should start a new thread with photos, specifics of your exact situation and your regimen and we can work to help you find some relief. :)

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you ACTUALLY think that either me or Zircon would have posted our posts if we thought we were not going to be verbally murdered?

I don't know, but seeing as it had got to the 4th page and a long time after zircon's post without anyone noticing, you definitely would have got away with it if I hadn't noticed how fucked up you're being. So obviously you could have thought that, and you're acting as if it's the craziest possibility, well it almost happened, had I not posted nobody would have noticed by now and I could easily have not clicked on this thread.

Don't give me this "freedom of speech" bullshit, what a waste of time when people get all up-themselves about their "rights", I didn't call for you to be censored, you put out what you feel and I have the "freedom" to respond to it and point out that it's fucked up. You have the right to be an a**h**, and you know things are desperate in an argument when people revert to "I can say what I want and you can't do anything about it!!!".

Yes, that wasn't at all necessary to point out but thank you for that.

I'm guessing your claim that this guy is exhausting our personal energy is still what you're sticking to, so that's a f*****g mess of a reason to post what you are claiming, the only credit I can give you is that it takes some unashamed balls to stick by such a bullshit argument.

All I can say is your attitude of "people will kill themselves if they want to" is absolutely sickening, but also really idiotic logic, and thank god you are one of the few people who feel like that. And this is based on what, your huge experience of knowing a few people? Do you get your doctorate after that? Everyone has known someone who "cried for help", but you're now acting as if every day you are bombarded by people whining about suicide and how much of your personal energy is wasted on them, you talk some sh*t.

A lot of people will kill themselves no matter what, a lot of people won't, you are simply basing an argument on what you want to be true, when logically your absolutes make no sense. The human mind is a lot more complicated and ever-changing than that, nobody is "addicted" to suicide what the actual f*** are you talking about now?

blackg

Reaction score
Well, it's been 48 hours now since Bobster started this thread and I'm starting to fear the worst. Has anyone heard from this guy via PM yet? Anything?

This is really a concern right now.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I've only posted here for a short while.

But hair loss has completely destroyed my life and every aspect of who I am and i'm not dealing with it anymore.

I've suffered enough.

I'll see you guys on the other side.

Goodbye.

Bobster how are you getting along this evening.
By all means please PM anyone of us to
let us know you're ok.

shookwun

Reaction score
Bobster doesn't have a Norwood -1 like that chap. From my understanding has dupa

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the evidence points to it being him, must be an outdated pic