Kythera Acquires Rights to PGD2 Inhibitor

Helios

Reaction score
I have just tried to order with the key organics site and got right through to payment without them asking for any information on why i need this drug.

Theres nothing stopping us buying straight from this site as a guest from what i can see plus its not a bad price.

Not a bad price?!
If we need to take 1000mg a day that's 27.820,20 euro a day.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Basically Kane told you. Setip. will not be a miracle drug. If you want to assess its postential, you can use OC now. However, if Setip. cannot be used locally it will likely perform worse than OC. Also keep in mind that PGD2 is downstream of 5-ar and AR, so, if you already use 5-ar inhibitors or androgen receptor antagonists or (preferably) both concurrently, PGD2 antagonists may have no (or no big) additional effect. But possibly one can substitute PGD2 antagonists for 5-ar/AR inhibitors/antagonists, if it makes sense that is, if there's less (less severe) systemic side effects. Or at least that Setip. will be cheaper than OC, but I doubt that Kythera will sell it for cheap, if they bring it to market anyway.

kane is a business man, not an expert in hair loss treatments. he is saying that because he's already stocked out with OC and wants to move his stock of OC without having to invest in a new chemical.

- - - Updated - - -

can someone explain why this is suppose to be better than finasteride? is pgd2 the main culprit behind male pattern baldness ahead of dht?? or do we need to take both

no antiandrogen sides. which doesnt mean no sides at all as some are saying.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
If Kane doesnt supply Setipiprant that is also LEGIT, we'll need to find another reliable/trusted supplier.

Yes , Thats my point , there is not any need to buy OC ! We may can find another source , I'm Optimistic because I know these forum folks:)

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
Yah but they bought 200-400$ while we need 200-400$ daily lol.
Anyway it's not time to buy we need some answers and info, imho it's time to get info like trial dose for hair loss, info about hair grow in ashma trial and a cotsarellis interview maybe in btt show, it's pointless to burn lot of money random right now our goal should be to get weekly update from someone who is in the trial or something like that

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Yah but they bought 200-400$ while we need 200-400$ daily lol.
Anyway it's not time to buy we need some answers and info, imho it's time to get info like trial dose for hair loss, info about hair grow in ashma trial and a cotsarellis interview maybe in btt show, it's pointless to burn lot of money random right now our goal should be to get weekly update from someone who is in the trial or something like that

Have they mentioned Setipiprant on the show yet?

resu

Reaction score
Under the terms of the agreement with the University of Pennsylvania, KYTHERA Holdings Ltd., acquired exclusive worldwide rights to certain patent rights owned by the University of Pennsylvania covering the use of PGD2 receptor antagonists for the treatment of hair loss (often presenting as male pattern baldness, or androgenic alopecia) under a license agreement facilitated by the Penn Center for Innovation. The discovery of the relationship between PGD2 and hair loss was made in the laboratory of Dr. George Cotsarelis and published in late 20111. KYTHERA has been supporting research in Dr. Cotsarelis' lab at the University of Pennsylvania over the last two years under sponsored research and option agreements to further develop and elucidate the initial reported observations. - See more at: http://globenewswire.com/news-relea...atment-of-Hair-Loss.html#sthash.DtXn82F7.dpuf

They must know it works, they sponsored it for 2 years and acquired the license now after they found out the right PDG2 drug. All this has to be is equal or better than propecia with a good safety profile and they'll make loads of money.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
Can be read in another way, pharma smell $ after the study and ask him to develop a pg2d inhibitor just to milk money with low cosmetic results. Well hope it's the last to die, but we know how international pharma works, for this reason i would love an interview, we can observe the enthusiasm, high-low expectation, a realistic timeline for a hairloss product and not an astmha one, if we can expect regrow or manteinance, a comparative beetween oc and seti ecc ecc, that's something we can achieve istead of irrealistic GB with random dose, hundreads $ spent etc etc i know everyone follicle is dying and we have a countdown right know but we need to do everything step by step

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
Heres a idea, since this will cost alot of money to try for a 4-6 month trial which seems to be a fair assesment to which we can judge effectiveness. Why dont we do a kickstarter type thing here. If we can all agree on who will be the one getting the treatment i have no problem donating $20-$50 as a group buy to allow one person to get enough for a fair trail. I mean im getting nothing out of it personally but we as a community can pay a small fee and see from a trusted source if or how well this works. I really think its communities this that solves problems where we dont have any financial gain. As a community we can figure out if it works and if it does than we can proceed with a massive group buy. Just a thought. Obviously the community would have to agree on who gets the trail n will commit to following a strict program to judge its effectivnrss. My first thought would be a trusted mod or regular poster who is willing to try it that we all trust. Also if we do this than everyone that chips in should exchange emails where we can document progress personally. I mean if im donating money to a cause i dont want others who didnt donate to help to get the same info im getting.
I think this is a good idea. Perhaps 1 or 2 people. One person I have in mind is Hellouser. I have NO problem funding this plan and in fact I think it's better this way. What does everyone else think?

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
The idea is interesting but you need to understand that's not how a trial work. 1-2 people is nothing, it could be the best treatment of the wrold and still not be effective to that person, we can't monitor his blood, his hair density ecc ecc like they do in a real trial. It could be even dangerous to test with "leaked" dose, we don't know if the ashma dose is too much or too little, we don't know a ****, we need to get more info by people in the trial and by the Doctor, that's the only logic way

Helios

Reaction score
Sad thing we can't just ask KYTHERA to buy it from them against a small fee so we can test it.
In a way it's a cheaper way for them to experiment with the dose and they get a community feedback.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sad thing we can't just ask KYTHERA to buy it from them against a small fee so we can test it.
In a way it's a cheaper way for them to experiment with the dose and they get a community feedback.

because if it dosen't work well the reputation of the drug will be so bad by the time they want to release it that they will have crappy sales

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
The idea is interesting but you need to understand that's not how a trial work. 1-2 people is nothing, it could be the best treatment of the wrold and still not be effective to that person, we can't monitor his blood, his hair density ecc ecc like they do in a real trial. It could be even dangerous to test with "leaked" dose, we don't know if the ashma dose is too much or too little, we don't know a ****, we need to get more info by people in the trial and by the Doctor, that's the only logic way
The prices of Set are astronomically high; it wouldn't be conducive to have more than 3 - 5 people test this agent. The doses used in the asthma studies were extremely high in comparison to the amount needed for hair loss. We need someone to be on this agent for at least 6 months. If dosed at 1mg per day, we'll need 180mg and that will cost roughly $6390 and that's just for one person!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
That was from the asthma studies right? We don't have any studies for Androgenetic Alopecia yet? We can probably assume we'll need somewhere around the same amount though.

Doubt it. The higher doses were likely used to check for efficacy and safety. Think of it this way:

Finasteride's efficacy is the same at 1mg as it is at 5mg. Even at 0.5mg it's not far off compared to 5mg.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
In all this study did they mention hairgrow somehow? That one guy with 1000g per day should have become a ****ing lion

resu

Reaction score
I doubt they'll just use the drug as-is hence why it's pointless to acquire the drug on the black market. Propecia was developed with male pattern baldness in mind, they knew before hand that DHT was the main culprit, it's minoxidil that was an unknown side-effect.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
From the trials listed on clinicaltrials.gov, the longest duration trial was 12 weeks. Cotsarelis stated originally (2012) he was unsure if this would regrow hair but should prevent hair loss. I doubt anyone would notice a halt in their hair loss in 3 months. Even with that said, how can we say either way.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
well ok 3 months for regrow is nearly impossible but stop the shedding? They should have noticed it, with similar treatment we had some vellus on the head at least...