Look At This Hot Guy And His Average Gf. People's Response Are So Mean

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Did you ever try going to a vocal coach or even a private acting coach (dont know where you live) that you can work on the pitch of your voice?

they have tricks to do..Im not saying its going to change your chords..but it might help you modulate it.

No, but I should. I'm in Europe but I don't speak the local language which is a barrier. But honestly I'm just making excuses. Going to a voice coach is on my todo list. Margaret Thatcher went to a voice coach to lower her voice.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
it really is

trying to keep your hand still while you edit a persons face out of a picture in paint is hard as f***

congrats @Patrick_Bateman

good work
The point of the picture was the joke, not my paint skillzzz.
At the end of the day a good photoshop isn't going to make the joke more or less funny imo, I also think the shitty paint job has its charm.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
15-22 all my energy was into studies, so baldness wasnt my top worry. It helped that at my engineering school, there were like 20 boys for every girl. 24-30 I spent in general depression. I was not aware it was due to baldness, messed up teeth, being physically untalented, and being generally ugly, but I think that was the cause.

I was in denial about my ugliness for quite a while (but subconciously I knew). Finally faced the truth in my late 20s and decided to do something. Got braces and dental implants. Saw Iron Man and started beard compensating after looking at Obadiah. I've mentioned this before, a couple of people I worked closely with in my mid 20s said after seeing my new look that they barely recognized me.

So it wasn't that I accepted my look, rather I changed my look to work with my baldness.

However, I hate my voice more than ever. I've become more aware that it sounds girly, and it bothers me much more than it did in my 20s. I really should do some voice training. I'm just being lazy (compounded with work troubles and job search).

Also pounding weights in the gym for years has changed my body. Most of my age group is just out of shape and soft. It is somewhat small of me, but I take pleasure in that fact.

My advice to people who don't like their appearance is to change it --you won't just grow to accept it. And also evolve in some other facet so that you can find worth in yourself (I'm looking at you Exodus/Dante, and your feeling subhuman next to women comments).

The three posters who embody this philosophy of changing yourself are @WhitePolarBear , Zircon and @David_MPN . Fred and Zircon are the most satisfied with their lives. And I think David prefers the new him much more than the old him.

I cannot emphasize how few people have the drive to change themselves. Most people just coast along, whining how they hate their lives. Some make grand plans, but quit at the first hump. That's why there are so many fat people.

I look up to people who keep going despite setbacks. I have tons of respect for @David_MPN : even though he hasn't found success with women, he has kept relentlessly at his David 2.0 project. That resolution is something to emulate.

Thanks man that's kind.

I keep trying. I'm down to my last ten lbs of excess fat at most I think. I'm starting invisalign in a few weeks. I have an appointment with a dermatologist. I'm seeing a really skilled therapist.

I'm doing what I can.

Honestly though, it's really hard to keep going. There are other priorities that take time, such as career and health and hobbies.

I log on to FB, and everybody is having babies.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe that Baldhurts and Rick are same person...Rick had no self control to carry that out he was triggered way too easily. just my opinion.

Where did this come from? Moderators confirm this?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe that Baldhurts and Rick are same person...Rick had no self control to carry that out he was triggered way too easily. just my opinion.

Where did this come from? Moderators confirm this?

Roberto had a post in this thread saying that having multiple accounts is a reason for somebody to get banned, without explicitly saying that this was BH.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
The point of the picture was the joke, not my paint skillzzz.
At the end of the day a good photoshop isn't going to make the joke more or less funny imo, I also think the shitty paint job has its charm.

lol i know man

just saying from my own attempts, you did a good job.

and the shitty edit look definitely makes it funnier

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Roberto had a post in this thread saying that having multiple accounts is a reason for somebody to get banned, without explicitly saying that this was BH.

I doubt it was rick/BH...he made videos speaking to 'us' apologizing as BH would mean Rick was the 'fake' profile pic.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Thanks man that's kind.

I keep trying. I'm down to my last ten lbs of excess fat at most I think. I'm starting invisalign in a few weeks. I have an appointment with a dermatologist. I'm seeing a really skilled therapist.

I'm doing what I can.

Honestly though, it's really hard to keep going. There are other priorities that take time, such as career and health and hobbies.

And that's precisely what makes you exceptional. You keep going even though it is hard.

I log on to FB, and everybody is having babies.
One of the reasons why I don't have a facebook account.
On my recent interview trip, on the way from the airport, the taxi dude was telling me to marry and have kids.

@hairblues Thanks! I will go through it (if you happen to come across other resources, please PM me)

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And that's precisely what makes you exceptional. You keep going even though it is hard.

One of the reasons why I don't have a facebook account.
On my recent interview trip, on the way from the airport, the taxi dude was telling me to marry and have kids.

@hairblues Thanks! I will go through it (if you happen to come across other resources, please PM me)

i think on youtube they have a lot.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also @sunchyme1 I want to go through the pregnancy so to speak, of supporting a partner through it, and through childbirth, and the first few weeks, as well as have the kid have a mixture of our traits.