Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently saw a very attractive guy in his late 20s with an overweight, makeup less, leggings wearing girlfriend who was quite 'plain'. They were holding hands and looked so happy together.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I once read a very interesting article rooted in evolutionary psychology (not that I tend to put much credence in that discipline, but it was a novel thesis) which tried to explain the reason for there being more "outliers" among men than women intellectually. Wish I could find it now.

blackg

Reaction score
I recently saw a very attractive guy in his late 20s with an overweight, makeup less, leggings wearing girlfriend who was quite 'plain'. They were holding hands and looked so happy together.
That's all that matters.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
wait so did BH have a second account? And do we know who it was?

Why can't the mods tell us? I don't see any reason, unless he was banned for some other reason.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
p1e3Uyt.png

Personality = looks

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
p1e3Uyt.png

Personality = looks

This graph never ceases to amaze me. People are such assholes.

You can see a few good looking people with bad personality, probably the worst kind of assholes imaginable.

But there are no bad looking outliers with a rated good personality. (Obviously many have good personalities.)

I think it would be much different if it were the same sex measuring each other though. I have many ugly mates who are well respected by all of us whom I'd definitely rate as "good personality". Not sure though, looks just seem to seep into everything.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This graph never ceases to amaze me. People are such assholes.

You can see a few good looking people with bad personality, probably the worst kind of assholes imaginable.

But there are no bad looking outliers with a rated good personality. (Obviously many have good personalities.)

I think it would be much different if it were the same sex measuring each other though. I have many ugly mates who are well respected by all of us whom I'd definitely rate as "good personality". Not sure though, looks just seem to seep into everything.

Best part is when women fall for assholes merely because of their good looks and tell you it's because of their personality. :D Looks are everything. I tried to believe my personality and intelligence mattered, not with women of course, but at least in social situations. I was wrong. Most people care about looks and appearance way more than substance.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best part is when women fall for assholes merely because of their good looks and tell you it's because of their personality. :D Looks are everything. I tried to believe my personality and intelligence mattered, not with women of course, but at least in social situations. I was wrong. Most people care about looks and appearance way more than substance.
Yep can confirm even tho im average looking

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
About the whole men v women intelligence thing.

Men are more genetically diverse than women, meaning there are more outliers in both directions.There are many studies showing this.

Some studies have concluded that there is larger variability in male scores compared to female scores, which results in more males than females in the top and bottom of the IQ distribution.

It's why there are more men in special education, and more male chessmasters or top-of-the-class males.

On average there probably isn't much of a difference between intellectual ability, but it's arguable that women have less incentive to be intelligent and thus are on average not as intelligent. Not sure about this as more women now go to college than men, but on the other hand STEM subjects are male dominated. Anecdotal, but many girls I talk to here do something like event management, or child care, or even fashion studies. Which I deem to be less mentally stimulating as engineering (my class was 15 to 1 male to female).

This brings me to my last point, intelligence is somewhat subjective. Most people seem to define it by something that they are personally good at. So I have an engineering mind and consider problem solving to be of utmost importance when it comes to intelligence. But I'm shitty with people skills, people with good people skills will probably argue that they are more intelligent as people skills are more important. Etc.

This is why it can be hard to have the men v women argument. Women will define intelligence based more on what women are good at, men will define intelligence more on what men are good at. So we could actually both be right, just with different definitions of intelligence.

image1.jpg

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pjhair, @SmoothSailing

Back in the 1970s, men were ~13x more likely to score 700+ on the Math SAT than women. In the 2000s, the ratio was ~2.5x, or less.

sat2.jpg

Any ratio that changes by that much in a single generation, in this case mathematical aptitude as interpreted by socially-constructed standardized tests, is not a reliable indicator of genetic potential.

The California Institute of Technology is arguably the most demanding undergraduate institution to get into. They only care about your academic potential, not your extracurricular activities, whether or not you aren't Asian, etc. The median SAT score there last I checked is an impressive 1580/1600. Their freshman class is ... 44% female.

So there's a (small) difference,that persists, likely due to continuing social conventions, but it's certainly not large enough for Xander or anyone else here to argue that they have no peers among women.