My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

mig89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did ZIX formula work for anyone esle besides WORM? Im planning to start it, because i cant tolerate finasteride nor minoxidil sides! Do you know links to posts to experiences of people?? thank you!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, man. Yeah, I guess the best thing is to apply for a while and see how it goes.

One other thing, in your experience, does it really not keep well at all and lose potency over time? Perhaps the alcohol could act as preservative? The original website claims it'll only last 2 weeks unless refrigerated, but I live in a shared house and would rather not have to explain the odd bottles left on my fridge shelf haha

Also, I use minoxidil once a day. The original formula site says about zix rendering minoxidil useless, but I plan on leaving a good deal of time between my morning application of minoxidil and early evening application of zix, so hopefully it wont be affected. I'll keep y'all updated.

I keep wondering about that minoxidil and zinc don't mix. There was a study a while back saying so, however the people who have tried both swear by it. So I'd like to think you can use both. That said maybe waiting between applications is good at the beginning.

With respect to shelf life, the classic zix I use keeps well without being refrigerated, however I only use a modified version of the classic zix, also, like u said I think the alcohol helps as a preservative. I use one bottle every two weeks or so.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got my zinc sulfate heptahydrate powder today.

Definitely dissolve it in distilled water first. I made the first batch by immediately adding alcohol and it would not dissolve at all.
Now I am just waiting for the B6 to arrive so I can dump that in as well.

farisayeh

Reaction score

Definitely dissolve it in distilled water first. I made the first batch by immediately adding alcohol and it would not dissolve at all.

where is it did you get zinc heptahydrate?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

Interesting I always dissolve it in alcohol. So you find it dissolves better in water?

Maybe I'll try that next time.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting I always dissolve it in alcohol. So you find it dissolves better in water?

Maybe I'll try that next time.

Yeah I add the water first , let it dissolve in that and after that I add the alcohol. I believe you wrote that you do it that way on the first page.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
So a little update - surprisingly after 12 years of using this stuff Im only now realizing that using 3x220 mgs is more effective. I lose about 15 hairs less in the shower on average per day and Im seeing less on my pillow, falling on my desk (Id say never) etc. I figure that translates into 15/20 a day. That is significant. At one point I was losing 45-50 hairs in the shower maybe 5-6 months ago feeling zix was becoming less effective to 2-3 months ago losing 30-38 ish hairs (started to use colder water on my scalp and biotin) to now 18-23 hairs (with cool water and no biotin).

On top of it I dont brush my hair as much (because it looks better), and still lose much less hair in the shower.

I figure that incremental improvement will have two effects. Once my hair cycles catch up with the average number of hairs im shedding, which I suspect will be 5-6 months, Ill have about 2-2500 more hairs on my head, mostly concentrated on the top vs the sides and back which are already fairly thick. With the reduced shed, it probably means that the thichness of my hair may improve as well, adding further thickness.

Already after about a month of using 3 zincs, I find the volume/thickness of my hair seems improved, Im having way more "good hair days", which is almost every day. This is a huge contrast to 1.5 months ago when I was thinking I was coming to terms with the fact that I was seeing the beginnings of a thinning bald spot. So much so that I ordered minoxidil. For some reason I decided to go to 3 zincs, even though i was thinking it may not have the desired effect.

I think I'll go to 3.5 zinc's next batch to be in line with @whatevr 's table.

I have minoxidil parked in my closet ready for use, but given the success of my current experiment with zix, I think I'll just keep up this treatment to see how I look in 3 months.

Reactions: Alk

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
A question about storage. Should you store it at room temperate, or in the fridge? Also, is it easier to absorb at room temperature or when it's cold?

I made this yesterday and have stored it in the fridge. Wondering if I should just leave it in the cupboard instead? It's probably more effective at room temperature, assuming it won't go bad. Any thoughts? Should I leave it in the fridge and take it out a few hours prior to using it to have it settle at room temperature and then re-store it? What is your method?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
A question about storage. Should you store it at room temperate, or in the fridge? Also, is it easier to absorb at room temperature or when it's cold?

I made this yesterday and have stored it in the fridge. Wondering if I should just leave it in the cupboard instead? It's probably more effective at room temperature, assuming it won't go bad. Any thoughts? Should I leave it in the fridge and take it out a few hours prior to using it to have it settle at room temperature and then re-store it? What is your method?

I store it at room temperature. As long as you follow my directions., there is no need to refrigerate. If you go zix 2 or super zix I think u have to.

zixxiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
A diffuse thinner here, giving Zix a shot. I've reached out to @worm with some questions/concerns re Zix and he was kind enough to answer those.

My Qs:

1) Considering how most/all B vitamins have a yellow tint to them, is there any staining on your scalp/pillows from Zix?

2) I've been growing out my hair since last summer so it's gotten quite long by now, but with constant shedding...it's also very thin and fragile. Whenever I go through my hair with my hands, I end up with multiple hairs in my palms. Anyway, I need to have my hair cut sometime soon. And I wanted to ask if it's worth giving Zix a try for a week (can't put it off much longer) to strengthen my hair a bit?.

worm's answers:

1) Zix may cause a bit of hue on your scalp, but once it dries, you just shake it out. It should cause no issue. With regards to your pillow, not unless you go to bed immediately after application.

2) One week will do little, however you will notice that while you apply it, your hair will cosmetically appear thicker and it's way easier to style. It'll give your hair a lift. My hair looks limp without zix. You will probably not want to cut your hair after using this.

As for your general comment, I think you'll notice your shedding will decrease significantly after a couple weeks. After a few months it will fill in. I think it's great you are not using minoxidil and finasteride, as you'll be able to see how well this works for you without any other variables to account for. I would go for my original formula, then after a month or two, try a third zinc capsule in your mix.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no sediment when you make this using isolated powders. The sediment comes from all the crap they use as filler in the Zinc and B6 pills. I made mine with raw powder and it looks just like water and there is nothing on the bottom of the bottle. Everything dissolves.

zixxiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just like water..only yellow and dense? Sorry, my sarcasm is getting out of hand with all the shedding :D

Could you post links to the powedered Zinc and P5P versions? If you bought those online, that is. Thanks

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will continue to use Zix but I am not hopeful after seeing the studies that it only inhibits 5-ar Type 1, and so far not seeing a reduction in shedding but I did not receive my B6 yet, hope that improves it.

Hence I will also experiment with Copper(II) Chloride after seeing this study:
http://dx.doi.org.sci-hub.cc/10.1111/1523-1747.ep12606985

Check out the Type-II graphs and you will see ZnSO4 did not help much, but CuCl2 was very effective at it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will continue to use Zix but I am not hopeful after seeing the studies that it only inhibits 5-ar Type 1, and so far not seeing a reduction in shedding but I did not receive my B6 yet, hope that improves it.

Hence I will also experiment with Copper(II) Chloride after seeing this study:
http://dx.doi.org.sci-hub.cc/10.1111/1523-1747.ep12606985

Check out the Type-II graphs and you will see ZnSO4 did not help much, but CuCl2 was very effective at it.

Thank you for sharing your progress.

ahmad029

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey @worm i started loosing hair one year ago i mean increased shedding, than i went to a derm and he gave me a solution called "hair cure" made by a national pharma company. he specifically said that it will slow down hair loss but will not be able to save me from going bald, it has one percent zinc and 0.1 percent copper what do you think will it be enough to save my hair, actually i did not give it a try because every one was saying only big 3 help but i cant tolerate finistride. one thing more why cant i use minoxidil and zix at the same time. i mean will it increase shedding??

zixxiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be that there's some synergistic effect when Zinc and P5P are combined. I researched B6 a bit and apparently a lot of people are deficient in this vitamin and taking the most common form of it - pyridoxine won't work as well for multiple reasons. It's both anti inflammatory and helps with anxiety so I've started taking it orally as well.

I suppose it's worth trying with copper in the mix and maybe some essential oils.

@David_MPN Do you feel like tea tree conditioner with peppermint oil is helping in any way? Same question goes for nofapping, I don't think I've ever gone more than 5 days or so.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be that there's some synergistic effect when Zinc and P5P are combined. I researched B6 a bit and apparently a lot of people are deficient in this vitamin and taking the most common form of it - pyridoxine won't work as well for multiple reasons. It's both anti inflammatory and helps with anxiety so I've started taking it orally as well.

I suppose it's worth trying with copper in the mix and maybe some essential oils.

@David_MPN Do you feel like tea tree conditioner with peppermint oil is helping in any way? Same question goes for nofapping, I don't think I've ever gone more than 5 days or so.

I can't tell as I started all my treatments at around the same time.

Tea tree oil is an anti inflammatory.

Nofap is for my sex drive not for hair. It helps with the sex drive but it's not enough. Once you go over a week it gets easier.