My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

br1

Reaction score
This is a very interesting subject.. I will be trying Zix in the coming weeks (as soon as I get all the ingredients).

One question to @worm: what do you think about / or have any knowledge about using Zinc Orotate, instead of Sulfate? I am going to use it just because I have like 4 bottles at home.. But back when I was researching about Zinc, I found that Orotate is often seen as "the best" form of Zinc because most of it gets readily absorbed by the body's cells..

This article, for example, has a few words on it:
http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/types-of-zinc/

Just curious if this could be a good or bad thing to the Zix formula.

Other than that, thanks for sharing.

Edit: Just noticed that the Orotate formula also includes "Magnesium 18mg (as magnesium carbonate and magnesium stearate). Is magnesium OK for rubbing on the scalp ?!?

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a very interesting subject.. I will be trying Zix in the coming weeks (as soon as I get all the ingredients).

One question to @worm: what do you think about / or have any knowledge about using Zinc Orotate, instead of Sulfate? I am going to use it just because I have like 4 bottles at home.. But back when I was researching about Zinc, I found that Orotate is often seen as "the best" form of Zinc because most of it gets readily absorbed by the body's cells..

This article, for example, has a few words on it:
http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/types-of-zinc/

Just curious if this could be a good or bad thing to the Zix formula.

Other than that, thanks for sharing.

Edit: Just noticed that the Orotate formula also includes "Magnesium 18mg (as magnesium carbonate and magnesium stearate). Is magnesium OK for rubbing on the scalp ?!?

You know I get a lot of questions about changes to the zix formula. I would not suggest using anything but zinc sulfate, if you try any different types, I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt work.

Im not saying it wont work, but the only advice I can give, and on Joe's sight he would say the same, is if you switch things around you could render it completely inert. You are of course welcome to experiment, I am curious myself, but it could have the opposite effect. Furthermore I would hate to have you try it, have it not work, then you claim zix was a fail, when you werent using the right ingredients in the first place.

It's maybe like trying to make a cake with artificial sweeteners, it may kind of look and kind of taste like cake, but it isnt the same thing as real sugar.

Everything I have documented here is what works for me anything else I have no clue about.

Personally, I would short change yourself. Go to amazon or ebay and pay the $10 and order the zinc sulfate, it's worth the experiment. It's not worth not doing it the right way the first time.

Reactions: br1

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, just mix it right the first god damn time. The study I linked even shows you that different types of Zinc have varying degrees of inhibition on Type 1 reductase.

http://dx.doi.org.sci-hub.cc/10.1111/1523-1747.ep12606985

There is no data on orotate and for what it's worth it might actually do nothing at all. It isn't hard guys. Buy Zinc Sulfate and use it.

zixxiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Mr. @worm, got another couple questions. Have finally mixed Zix your way and applied last night. I assume you're not washing your hair twice so in the morning you apply to dry scalp and in the evening after showering?

I have pretty long hair so I was thinking about washng my hair every 2-3 days, have you ever skipped a day but still used Zix?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Mr. @worm, got another couple questions. Have finally mixed Zix your way and applied last night. I assume you're not washing your hair twice so in the morning you apply to dry scalp and in the evening after showering?

I have pretty long hair so I was thinking about washng my hair every 2-3 days, have you ever skipped a day but still used Zix?

@zixxiz hi, I tend to shower every day. I apply it in the morning and generally shower in the afternoon. Then re-apply. I am not religious about applying it a exact times during the day. Sometimes I only apply it after I shower (2 x week). I figure after using it for a decade, missing an application here and there wont have much effect.

I too have pretty long hair, but I try to wash it every day. Maybe 15-25 days a year I might miss a day of shampooing. For example, I was travelling on holiday and only showered twice in a week. I was still applying during the week though.

How much zinc did you add to your mix?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, just mix it right the first god damn time. The study I linked even shows you that different types of Zinc have varying degrees of inhibition on Type 1 reductase.

http://dx.doi.org.sci-hub.cc/10.1111/1523-1747.ep12606985

There is no data on orotate and for what it's worth it might actually do nothing at all. It isn't hard guys. Buy Zinc Sulfate and use it.

@whatevr Is this the right link? I find it brings me to a blank page with a captcha.

br1

Reaction score
You know I get a lot of questions about changes to the zix formula. I would not suggest using anything but zinc sulfate, if you try any different types, I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt work.

Im not saying it wont work, but the only advice I can give, and on Joe's sight he would say the same, is if you switch things around you could render it completely inert. You are of course welcome to experiment, I am curious myself, but it could have the opposite effect. Furthermore I would hate to have you try it, have it not work, then you claim zix was a fail, when you werent using the right ingredients in the first place.

It's maybe like trying to make a cake with artificial sweeteners, it may kind of look and kind of taste like cake, but it isnt the same thing as real sugar.

Everything I have documented here is what works for me anything else I have no clue about.

Personally, I would short change yourself. Go to amazon or ebay and pay the $10 and order the zinc sulfate, it's worth the experiment. It's not worth not doing it the right way the first time.

Thanks. Yes I will use the same Zinc (sulfate). It was just an honest question, maybe you had some insight..
That one in your link, can't be delivered here (Canada). So I bought this one instead, I think it's the same despite the dosage on each pill being different?--> https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B001V9FN42/ref=pe_386430_126088100_TE_item

I will give it a go whenever I get everything in the mail. Will post my experience, after a few months. :)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes I will use the same Zinc (sulfate). It was just an honest question, maybe you had some insight..
That one in your link, can't be delivered here (Canada). So I bought this one instead, I think it's the same despite the dosage on each pill being different?--> https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B001V9FN42/ref=pe_386430_126088100_TE_item

I will give it a go whenever I get everything in the mail. Will post my experience, after a few months. :)

Those are tablets. there is often filler in them, if you can cancel, i sooner recommend this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PlusPharma-Z...484296?hash=item236f23fac8:g:bdIAAOxy0QBSTP~9

Im going to PM you.

Reactions: br1

Chocolate Lebron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cuz I'm in uk they don't ship those specific brands of zinc and b6 can I just get different brands...also zinc surface monohydrate is the same thing right cuz I can only find those.
Thanks

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cuz I'm in uk they don't ship those specific brands of zinc and b6 can I just get different brands...also zinc surface monohydrate is the same thing right cuz I can only find those.
Thanks

@whatevr likely knows more about this (hepta vs mono)

I found these links for what I use though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PlusPharm...484296?hash=item236f23fac8:g:bdIAAOxy0QBSTP~9

+

Not the same, but should do the trick

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genestra-...518746?hash=item43facc8eda:g:sEgAAOSwWxNYpz3f

resu

Reaction score
Just posting to mark the thread, will definitely try, hair has been oily lately and it increased the itch.

resu

Reaction score
This will definitely help the itch.

People that don't suffer from this condition just have no idea what's it like, just the thought of not feeling the itch would be marvelous.

Are There Side Effects?
No major side effects of ZMA have been reported, but there could be health concerns if the supplements are taken more frequently than the manufacturer suggests.

Too much zinc or magnesium can cause diarrhea, nausea, and cramping, and when taken in high doses over a period of time, zinc can lower the body’s immunity and its levels of HDL, or “good,” cholesterol. One study also found that men who took 100 milligrams of zinc supplements for 10 years were more likely to get prostate cancer, but the reason isn't clear. Taking supplemental B6 may cause nerve damage.

More immediate concerns: Zinc and magnesium can make it harder for your body to absorb some prescription medications, such as antibiotics; and B6 supplements can intensify the side effects of certain drugs.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/zma-supplements#1

I think it would be wise for anyone testing Zix to test the amounts before going maximum concentration.

AmirS

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cant wait to start using zix,just orderd the zinc sulfate and still trying to find a place that ships p5p to the middle-east.
I have already tried minoxidil 5% for two weeks and stopped due to a very itchy scalp.Later tried minoxidil 5% foam-experienced the same itchiness that drove me crazy.A week ago started with minoxidil 2% and yesterday stopped because of the insane itchiness.
Every time I got that itch my hair loss got way worse.Hope I can stop that loss with zix:)

zixxiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
@zixxiz
I too have pretty long hair, but I try to wash it every day. Maybe 15-25 days a year I might miss a day of shampooing. For example, I was travelling on holiday and only showered twice in a week. I was still applying during the week though.

How much zinc did you add to your mix?

Really hope to see some shedding reduction in the following weeks. Diffuse thinning sucks big time. Also, you've said you use 2ml twice a day. My thinning occurs kinda all over so I'll need to be applying double that. Do I really need to cover ALL of the thinning areas every time?

I ended up mixing approx 60mls of distilled water with 20mls of alcohol + 3x220mg Zinc Sulfate tabs and 4x50mgs of Solgar's P5P. Couldn't find capsulated versions of any of those two accross the EU webshops.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really hope to see some shedding reduction in the following weeks. Diffuse thinning sucks big time. Also, you've said you use 2ml twice a day. My thinning occurs kinda all over so I'll need to be applying double that. Do I really need to cover ALL of the thinning areas every time?

I ended up mixing approx 60mls of distilled water with 20mls of alcohol + 3x220mg Zinc Sulfate tabs and 4x50mgs of Solgar's P5P. Couldn't find capsulated versions of any of those two accross the EU webshops.

There are some here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PlusPharm...484296?hash=item236f23fac8:g:bdIAAOxy0QBSTP~9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genestra-...518746?hash=item43facc8eda:g:sEgAAOSwWxNYpz3f

I use a tablet form of p5p, it works well. But I tried a tablet for of the zinc about a year ago, and it stopped it from working completely. I hope this works for you.

Chocolate Lebron

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would this be okay for b6 can't get the one you recommended...shipping problems
Thanks for your help worm...and should I drop 2 drops and Massage it in all over or the parts where I'm reeceding ?

zixxiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a tablet form of p5p, it works well. But I tried a tablet for of the zinc about a year ago, and it stopped it from working completely. I hope this works for you.

I think I read somewhere on Joe's original website that he recommends tablet forms so that's why I went with those. Could be wrong. Or that might be an outdated piece of info.

I didn't understand what you were trying to say there - tablet form of zinc didn't work at all?