My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

zixxiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I feel like this classic Zix is more suitable for diffuse thinners as it's all, from what I'd read online, about maintaining or prolonging the anaphase stage in the hair cycle. Are you guys applying the lotion all over the scalp or just the top?

zixxiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't tell as I started all my treatments at around the same time.

Tea tree oil is an anti inflammatory.

Nofap is for my sex drive not for hair. It helps with the sex drive but it's not enough. Once you go over a week it gets easier.

Yeah, I'd like to see some progress in that department as well. Though, I know some guys who claim they've been on no fap for months/years but I don't think it really counts if not ejaculating is the only criteria. Edging for hours on a daily basis can't be good for you.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will continue to use Zix but I am not hopeful after seeing the studies that it only inhibits 5-ar Type 1, and so far not seeing a reduction in shedding but I did not receive my B6 yet, hope that improves it.

Hence I will also experiment with Copper(II) Chloride after seeing this study:
http://dx.doi.org.sci-hub.cc/10.1111/1523-1747.ep12606985

Check out the Type-II graphs and you will see ZnSO4 did not help much, but CuCl2 was very effective at it.

Zinc alone is not zix, you absolutely need b6, otherwise it's totally ineffective. So I don't think hoping for a reduction of shedding is realistic with a high concentration zinc solution alone.

You need to add b6. Please also give it a fair try with b6 before adding copper or anything else.

I pmd zixxiz and mentioned that lower concentration solutions have not been effective for me. Imo you really need 150 mgs of b6 p5p and 600-700 mgs of zinc to have a positive effect.

No disrespect, I cringe when I read people say their zix trial isn't working when they aren't even using zix or arent mixing it as I recommend.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey @worm i started loosing hair one year ago i mean increased shedding, than i went to a derm and he gave me a solution called "hair cure" made by a national pharma company. he specifically said that it will slow down hair loss but will not be able to save me from going bald, it has one percent zinc and 0.1 percent copper what do you think will it be enough to save my hair, actually i did not give it a try because every one was saying only big 3 help but i cant tolerate finistride. one thing more why cant i use minoxidil and zix at the same time. i mean will it increase shedding??

I have no idea, you are asking me about something that isn't zix. All I am claiming is mixing zinc and b6 in the concentrations I describe makes a world of difference for me.

Please read this thread for the minoxidil advice.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be that there's some synergistic effect when Zinc and P5P are combined. I researched B6 a bit and apparently a lot of people are deficient in this vitamin and taking the most common form of it - pyridoxine won't work as well for multiple reasons. It's both anti inflammatory and helps with anxiety so I've started taking it orally as well.

I suppose it's worth trying with copper in the mix and maybe some essential oils.

@David_MPN Do you feel like tea tree conditioner with peppermint oil is helping in any way? Same question goes for nofapping, I don't think I've ever gone more than 5 days or so.

Zinc is only effective when combined with b6, I need to be very clear on that. I don't want people thinking zinc alone is a solution, it's not. So yes, zinc and b6 synergize only when combined as that study and I've been claiming from page 1.

And I feel like this classic Zix is more suitable for diffuse thinners as it's all, from what I'd read online, about maintaining or prolonging the anaphase stage in the hair cycle. Are you guys applying the lotion all over the scalp or just the top?

I agree, I'm more of a diffuse loser, and find zix has been a godsend for me. I do not however think it operates by extending the hair cycle, I believe minoxidil does that, whereas I am fairly convinced that zix is effective due to its anti dht properties, just like the study claims.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Zix reduces 5-alpha reductase why doesn't it give the same sides as finasteride?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
If Zix reduces 5-alpha reductase why doesn't it give the same sides as finasteride?

Topically, inside the hair follicle. It would be a problem if all that Zinc and B6 reached the bloodstream..

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
I store it at room temperature. As long as you follow my directions., there is no need to refrigerate. If you go zix 2 or super zix I think u have to.

Doesn't the 'original Zix' not include Ethyl though? I think you just added Ethyl to the formulation, from what I can see online. The thing I'm worried about is if it takes around a month or so to use it all, it might go bad. There's no Ethyl in the original formulation, I think that's why it needs to be refrigerated.

Can you please post the instructions to the 'original Zix' as well? Because I have to Google to find out what it was... and I'm not sure if it's the same thing that I'm finding.

Thanks for your help by the way!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're right, the original does not have ethyl, but mine does. I think it helps absorption.

My recipe is much more concentrated and I believe for more effective. @whatevr on pg 7 commented that by using 3x220mg zinc I'm actually closer to the concentration that was used in the study. I guess that explains why I find it works much more effectively.

The original zix is here, but for the sake of trial I wouldnt be surprised if many didn't experience any benefit as it's too diluted and therefore not as good. So I must reiterated that I believe the vest results will come with my instructions on page 1 using 3x zinc.

Original zix.

http://advinfoprod.com/hair_formulas_7.htm

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://trello.com/c/LdHlDvYQ/67-azelaic-acid-vitamin-b6-zinc

As for hair loss, there are no clinical studies that proves that it helps, just like the fact that there are no clinical proof for any other natural substance. Still, a study from 1988 found that Azelaic acid, combined with zinc & vitamin B6 is a strong type 5-Aalpha Reductase Inhibitor (5AR is the enzyme that converts testosterone into DHT). Blended with testosterone, over 90% of the enzyme was inhibited, and only small levels of DHT were detected. That makes Azelaic acid a potent DHT blocker. As DHT is the cause for pattern baldness in men and women, once you reduce it to low levels – the cause is gone (even a mild reduction can stop baldness, it depends on your genetic sensitivity level to DHT) .

Azelaic acid is normally found as a skin cream that is used topically. You can also find it in many other hair loss products.
Using Azelaic Acid for Baldness

You have few options:

• Get Hair loss products that already contain it, such as Xandrox and Revivogen.
  • Get Azelaic acid cream and apply it on the thinning areas (must be very careful, it may cause skin irritation so apply a thin layer). These creams are usually defined as acne medications.
  • Get Azelaic acid flakes – these can be purchased online from manufactures and wholesale vendors. There are people who buy Azelaic acid flakes and add it to their Minoxidil bottle.
Combination

A study that appeared in the November 1998 issue of the "British Journal of Dermatology" was designed to test zinc and azelaic acid as mechanisms to eliminate the activity of 5-alpha reductase, which is the enzyme responsible for pattern hair loss. Both zinc and azelaic acid did slow enzyme activity and zinc was shown to be more effective when mixed with vitamin B-6, while azelaic acid was not. When the three were used together at low doses that had no positive effects when used alone, there was a 90 percent reduction in 5-alpha reductase activity.

Read the citation summarized below from British Journal of Dermatology, 1988 Nov;119(5):627-32.

Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin by zinc and azelaic acid, by Stamatiadis D, Bulteau-Portois MC, Mowszowicz I., Laboratoire de Biochimie B, Hopital Necker-Enfants-Malades, Paris, France.

The effects of zinc sulphate and azelaic acid on 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin were studied using an in vitro assay with 1,2[3H]-testosterone as substrate. When added at concentrations of 3 or 9 mmol/l, zinc was a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase activity. At high concentrations, zinc could completely inhibit the enzyme activity. Azelaic acid was also a potent inhibitor of 5 alpha-reductase; inhibition was detectable at concentrations as low as 0.2 mmol/l and was complete at 3 mmol/l. An additive effect of the two inhibitors was observed. Vitamin B6 potentiated the inhibitory effect of zinc, but not of azelaic acid, suggesting that two different mechanisms are involved. When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained. If this inhibition is confirmed in vivo, zinc sulphate combined with azelaic acid could be an effective agent in the treatment of androgen related pathology of human skin.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score

NamelessGhoul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This might be a silly question, but would it just be possible to add zinc and B6 to my minoxidil? I know that might be counter-intuitive considering joe thinks zinc would render minoxidil less effective. I'd just like to try this and adding it to my minoxidil would be cool. what do you think worm :)?

Chocolate Lebron

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not a diffuse thinner will it still help??
Also how do you apply couple drops after the shower? Masage it in and it will dry ?? Thanks

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
This might be a silly question, but would it just be possible to add zinc and B6 to my minoxidil? I know that might be counter-intuitive considering joe thinks zinc would render minoxidil less effective. I'd just like to try this and adding it to my minoxidil would be cool. what do you think worm :)?

I would not add it for fear of nullifying your minoxidil. Earlier in this thread I posted that some people have good results applying both several minutes apart.

Personally I am just using my upgraded zix with extra zinc and I seem to be losing much less hair the past month. I was under these halogen bulbs last night in my bathroom, and about 5-6 weeks ago I was thinking my hair thinning hair was catching up to me some 12 years using this mix as my scalp was way too visible. Last night, while it was visible it looked much more filled in.

I think @whatevr hit the nail on the head somewhat earlier, as I think the B6 in the mix might in fact supercharge the zinc, but a higher concentration of zinc is needed to achieve this. For example, there is a study comparing H&S and nizoral, and while nizoral is more effective, there is a benefit of reduced shedding that was noted on H&S.

That said, let me again be clear, B6 P5P is absolutely needed to get the desired effects.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not a diffuse thinner will it still help??
Also how do you apply couple drops after the shower? Masage it in and it will dry ?? Thanks

Seeing as Im not a diffuse thinner, I dont know. Do you still shed a fair bit in the shower?

I would say give it a try though, my recent success (with added zinc) is making me think that it should work. I usually apply 2mls 2x a day.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not add it for fear of nullifying your minoxidil. Earlier in this thread I posted that some people have good results applying both several minutes apart.

Personally I am just using my upgraded zix with extra zinc and I seem to be losing much less hair the past month. I was under these halogen bulbs last night in my bathroom, and about 5-6 weeks ago I was thinking my hair thinning hair was catching up to me some 12 years using this mix as my scalp was way too visible. Last night, while it was visible it looked much more filled in.

I think @whatevr hit the nail on the head somewhat earlier, as I think the B6 in the mix might in fact supercharge the zinc, but a higher concentration of zinc is needed to achieve this. For example, there is a study comparing H&S and nizoral, and while nizoral is more effective, there is a benefit of reduced shedding that was noted on H&S.

That said, let me again be clear, B6 P5P is absolutely needed to get the desired effects.

Why would it nullify the minoxidil?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
There were a couple studies that says they nullify one another, just google minoxidil + zinc.

It sounds like nonsense IMO. If you apply Minoxidil first, and then Zix in the evening, shouldn't be a problem as most of the minoxidil is in the skin by then.

If you apply Minoxidil after Zix, shampooing your scalp to make sure its clean should also get rid of Zinc residue so I don't think it would be a problem.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like nonsense IMO. If you apply Minoxidil first, and then Zix in the evening, shouldn't be a problem as most of the minoxidil is in the skin by then.

If you apply Minoxidil after Zix, shampooing your scalp to make sure its clean should also get rid of Zinc residue so I don't think it would be a problem.

I agree, people report having success after waiting 5 mins between applications of zix and minoxidil.

I just wouldnt mix zinc directly into my minoxidil was more my point.