New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I hate Minoxidil like everybody else..but I can live with it. Wait until your head dry-out from the shower to reduces absorption, reduces the quantity use or take it once a day. Like I said Spectral DNC ( DS laboratories) got few products that you can use minimizing the side effects if you guys don't like the cheap Kirkland! I never used them but you can give it a try. Nothing say in that study that you have to use Minoxidil to get results, what makes a difference is the micro wounding itself. Minoxidil is a topical antihypertensive vasodilator medication. Side effects are expected. ****ing common sense!

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fred, a) I did, with the guy overdosing on minoxidil and that same thing happening to him. If it happens to people overdosing, it can also happen to people not overdosing if - for some reason or the other - blood absorption is too high.
b) I have before and after photos showing the difference.
But hey, if you say "there is nothing", that obviously has to be the case, as you are obviously the unbiased and knowledgable authority on that matter... :D

@squeegee: Well, as those sides were not officially listed I did not expect them - I was stupid enough to completely trust my doctor on that matter. Once the sides are completely gone, I will start again at lower dose and frequency.

And now, back to topic please. We're here to find out if and to what extent rolling will help. Fred, if you wanna discuss or call it BS, do that in my thread on the topic. squeegee, when exactly did you start rolling?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"The guy", some guy had this, some guy had that.
You asked me to provide a source. I did. If it reportedly happens to one guy, it can also happen to others, as shown by more than 100 reports on these and other forums. What the frak is your problem?

It does not mean anything. You said it yourself, wrinkles are not a documented side effect of minoxidil. End of the story.
Guess what - when oral minoxidil was introduced, hair growth was not a documented side effect. If that had been the "end of the story", nobody would be using minoxidil against hair loss nowadays. Guess what number 2 - people's knowledge about many medication is not perfect. Many side effects are only discovered way later. Ever heard of Thalidomide? It was introduced as a sedative, hypnotic, and against nausea. Only many years later it was found out that it crippled foetuses in the womb of the mother. "End of the story", because it was not a documented side effect? Tell that to the 7,000 people suffering from crippling due to this undocumented side effect.

How narrow-minded and ignorant can you be?

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that if you want results, you need to put the efforts and pain into it. There is a lot of numb creams sold everywhere if you don't want the pain. Ball rolling won't do anything radical. Probably would help a bit with circulation and such but won't put your body in "reconstruction mode". Think of derma rolling as a reset button. Get the real deal and join the rollin movement! Softer alternative won't do ****. I don't remember seeing people with enormous success with the mag-gro LOL

[video=youtube;7a97SHIa-f8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a97SHIa-f8[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Good info on derma-rolling..

http://www.mtsroller.com/faqs/

1:07 into that clip and I made my decision to buy this product.

I am going to try ball rolling. Ball roll, shower, derma roll. Circulation would be key to the healing/rebuilding process? The blood carries the healing power to the wounded area. I foam roll before my workouts and it's pretty amazing stuff. Someone here said it great, at the gym we tear the fibers at home is when we grow (i.e. proper nutrition).

I wish I rented macro lens before I started this.

Jacob

Reaction score
Fred..you're over at a forum where the guru for years has said to stay away from minoxidil. I noticed yet another thread about "results"..and once again...how many years later..the crickets are louder than ever.

Well maybe you're not over there anymore :unsure:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Fred..you're over at a forum where the guru for years has said to stay away from minoxidil. I noticed yet another thread about "results"..and once again...how many years later..the crickets are louder than ever.

Well maybe you're not over there anymore :unsure:

Immortal LOL

****ing hippies of hairloss world.. Gluten-Free,Emu oil, Ecklonia Clava.. lol Each time I visit that forum, I am laughing out loud.. Just show how pathetic people are in general.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I hope you don't cite that kind of source in your academic papers.

Do you realise some gullible young guy losing his hair might see your posts and drop the minoxidil? Do you really want to make young hair loss sufferers even more miserable than they are?

Should we change the title of the thread for I have more wrinkles on my forehead than my dick because of Minoxidil? Should I start a study on my own and apply minoxidil on my ballsack? Enough with this bitching about minoxidil.. I have dark circles, I look like a goldfish and IDGAF. Not happy with the side effects of Minoxidil? just try something different or numerous alternatives.. Minoxidil is a antihypertensive vasodilator medication which accidentally grow mother****inghair.. You don't need to be a doctor to know that unknown side effects can happens. Guys need to grow a brain not hair.

Jacob

Reaction score
I was banned 6 months ago Jacob, for exposing their fallacies and accusing them of preying on young hair loss sufferers.

I saw a recent thread about dermarolling over there and they're not even aware of this dermarolling study over there. Still with their head right up their asses discussing how hard they should rub their head with a towel to get their hair back. This forum has been up for like 5 years and they still have absolutely no results to show.

And IH took down his own pictures from his site...after I posted that other website that had head shots that looked very much like his. Coinkadink? :dunno:

- - - Updated - - -

Immortal LOL

****ing hippies of hairloss world.. Gluten-Free,Emu oil, Ecklonia Clava.. lol Each time I visit that forum, I am laughing out loud.. Just show how pathetic people are in general.

And did you notice some have paid for LLLT helmets- 9 months ago..can't even get an email response on it. Some have complaints about the supplements- no response even in the forum. But I'm sure they'll cook up SOMEthing to stay in business.

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
Just received mine from Amazon.. just poked my head with it.. 1.5mm bleeding everywhere lol.. will start minoxidil+ miconazole nitrate 4% with it. I wonder if copper peptides would be good?or atp boosters like d ribose or creatine..topically..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1850226/

You could try msm water too: [FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=91078

[/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

I use MSM dissolved in distilled water for my rosacea ([FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18254805/[/FONT]) and am planning on dermarolling applying the msm water to my scalp and then using nizoral alternated with piroctone shampoo 3-4x a week

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Benjt, you've done your moral duty of informing everyone about your personal observation. Guys, do whatever you want with it. Let's focus on dermarolling. No-minoxidil dermarolllers will be useful to tell us about how effective wounding alone is.

I've just received a 1.5mm dermaroller today. Guys, do you really insert these needles fully in the skin? I've got a shaved head with super thin and hardened NW3 vertex scalp and entering these needles fully seems pretty absurd.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Benjt, you've done your moral duty of informing everyone about your personal observation. Guys, do whatever you want with it. Let's focus on dermarolling. No-minoxidil dermarolllers will be useful to tell us about how effective wounding alone is.

I've just received a 1.5mm dermaroller today. Guys, do you really insert these needles fully in the skin? I've got a shaved head with super thin and hardened NW3 vertex scalp and entering these needles fully seems pretty absurd.

Most likely yes, otherwise, what would be the point of getting 1.5mm microneedles if youre only going in half way? May as well use a 0.5mm dermaroller.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Jumping onboard this next week or the week after, postal service permitting. I still am concerned that this may end up like the nonsense topical Cetirizine craze last year, though.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Jumping onboard this next week or the week after, postal service permitting. I still am concerned that this may end up like the nonsense topical Cetirizine craze last year, though.

There's a study backing it this time.

By the way what's the final word on cetirizine one year later?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
[video=youtube;jynXfjCpWq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jynXfjCpWq4[/video]

Budbuddy

Reaction score
Whatever
Ahahhahahahahahgaga squeegee just subscribed to this forum just to say that : AHAHAHHAGAGAHA the skinhead stuff was funny !

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a study backing it this time.

By the way what's the final word on cetirizine one year later?
Crap. I tried it for just over 2 and a half months with nothing. If anything, it probably accelerated shedding. I can't believe how naive I was back then!

Very good point about the study backing this up, this isn't just another 'it works because a forum poster says so' kind of deal. I have hope.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Whatever
Ahahhahahahahahgaga squeegee just subscribed to this forum just to say that : AHAHAHHAGAGAHA the skinhead stuff was funny !

Sens de l'humour=Winner! Bienvenue au Forum!

- - - Updated - - -

@squeegee: hahahahaha ROFLCOPTER... this is so wrong in so many ways I can't stop laughing. Why the hell would someone attempt to deadlift 329 pounds when they look like Amy Winehouse, I mean seriously, the guy has absolutely no muscle definition, birdchest, chiken legs, there are some many facepalms in this video I don't even... I see guys like that at the gym a lot though...300 pounds looking like a weird crossover humanoid/sweet potato with a big ONE-Pack ab working out on an goddam ab machine doing crunches.... I mean WTF.. get on the fracking treadmill and do some high intensity interval crazy *** cardio first.. building abs is your last priority, losing fat should be first...it doesn't make any goddamn sense... or someone for that matter posted just above in this thread, using minoxidil first and then derma rolling.. i don't even ...
original.gif

LOL... face first in the dumbell rack. crazy! Ouch! I puked twice on legs days.. but never faint yet... Pre-workout shake + high intensity legs days= vomit for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I just ordered a .50 mm Derma roller for everyday use before topical. .25 mm is way too small.. I keep my hair really short but having an hard time to reach the meat of my pumpkin with the .25mm roller.. will all the hair.. hope to get the 2.50 by Friday..

Status
Not open for further replies.