New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've also been looking for FGF-9, but than i found this:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]Samples are stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at -70℃[/FONT][/COLOR]

-70°C is a bit to much for a freezer. You probably can hold it for a short time with some dry ice, but that's it.

Lyophilized protein should be stored at < -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at < -20°C for 3 months.

Source: http://www.novoprotein.com/product/fgf-9_Human.htm

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
PrincessRambo, after all that careful thinking about frequency and timing of topicals, what strategy will you adopt? I'm asking as I don't know for myself yet.

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
I am allergic to minoxidil. Is there anything else I can do. I am about to say F it and get on finasteride. Does dermarolling help if you are not on minoxidil.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Fat guess yes.

I may opt for some kind of middle way. One long and thorough 1.5mm dermarolling every 2 weeks, and minoxidil 3 days after each wounding. Plus Nizoral of course.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fat guess yes.

I may opt for some kind of middle way. One long and thorough 1.5mm dermarolling every 2 weeks, and minoxidil 3 days after each wounding. Plus Nizoral of course.

I've heard guys claiming DHT inhibits WNT. Perhaps oral intake of Finasteride could help?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am off work for the next 3 days. so tonight is roller coaster! Still didn't get my 2.5mm in the mail yet.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Anyways, drinking beers right now.. after 2 or 3.. rolling would be involved after a good shower.. I see a big difference with my hair being 3 weeks in the rolling business.. adding minoxidil and mico daily. I think that we are on the right path with the derma rolling strategy.. Hair are obviously thicker.. I know that because I wear a motorcycle helmet daily.. I already see a difference. SO hard core rolling + topical= genius plan! For all of you pussies out there, your are missing out!:salut:

[video=youtube;RSdKmX2BH7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSdKmX2BH7o[/video]

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey squeegee I am allergic to minoxidil. IS there anything I can do to benefit from this study?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hey squeegee I am allergic to minoxidil. IS there anything I can do to benefit from this study?

Yes!, get a derma roller 1.5mm minimum roll it every 7 days. Add Miconazole Nitrate 4% to your pumpkin everyday all day, then hair will growth as ****. You just need to put the plan in action. Miconazole Nitrate 4% can be found only in yeast infection cream. So put your pride aside take a deep breath and go to the nearest drugstore lol. Too many people on here over-thinking everything... just ****ing do it.

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
lol. Thanks for the advice man. Will order the roller tomorrow. I could give a **** less about pain. I am sick of the emotional pain of hair loss. I will take the physical any day. I am about an nw3 so I guess I will go with the 1.5. Thanks for the reply man. Good luck.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree, hairs are already visibly thicker here too. Can also see more thick hairs beginning to break through the surface. About to go into my fourth week of rolling, seems promising so far. Cautiously optimistic that this could turn out to be something pretty big.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I went crazy again last night rolling.. the trick is fast and deep.. My head is reddish right now showing a trail of small dots LOL.. I applied minoxidil+Mico.. Cannot wait to try the 2.5mm. Princess.. keep them coming.. really good stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, hairs are already visibly thicker here too. Can also see more thick hairs beginning to break through the surface. About to go into my fourth week of rolling, seems promising so far. Cautiously optimistic that this could turn out to be something pretty big.

Good stuff Chromeo! Keep on rollin!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I found out myself that this is key to bleed, especially the fast part

McNabb-Blank-Stare_GIF.gif

Pain is temporary.. results are forever!

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone tried applying minoxidil first and then rolling immediately after?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone tried applying minoxidil first and then rolling immediately after?

Why? you want minoxidil in your blood?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As somebody who is still suffering from minoxidil absorption side effects after being off minoxidil for more than two months... Really, do EVERYTHING you can to prevent minoxidil from entering your blood stream. Unless you'd like to speed up your aging.

Guys, all the derma rolling feedback really seems great. And, guess what, there is a way to increase the effectiveness of it drastically: Retin-A. Retin-A is an extremely strong peeling that goes very deep - deep enough to destroy old collagen and induce new collagen formation. In our case, it would destroy the old, hard and fibrotic collagen in the bald areas, and the body will replace it with fresh, soft collagen. Just like derma rolling, except you can reliably cover bigger areas with Retin-A as opposed to only hitting single spots with the rolling.
Combined with the derma rolling, however, the Retin-A would profit from the "tunnels" the way that minoxidil does, and would be delivered directly into our fibrotic collagen.

Retin-A should prove very effective in actually restoring old hair by dissolving fibrotic collagen in bald areas, when combined with derma rolling as it would be able to go deeper instead of just doing its workings at the skin surface.

darwin101

Reaction score
As somebody who is still suffering from minoxidil absorption side effects after being off minoxidil for more than two months... Really, do EVERYTHING you can to prevent minoxidil from entering your blood stream. Unless you'd like to speed up your aging.

Guys, all the derma rolling feedback really seems great. And, guess what, there is a way to increase the effectiveness of it drastically: Retin-A. Retin-A is an extremely strong peeling that goes very deep - deep enough to destroy old collagen and induce new collagen formation. In our case, it would destroy the old, hard and fibrotic collagen in the bald areas, and the body will replace it with fresh, soft collagen. Just like derma rolling, except you can reliably cover bigger areas with Retin-A as opposed to only hitting single spots with the rolling.
Combined with the derma rolling, however, the Retin-A would profit from the "tunnels" the way that minoxidil does, and would be delivered directly into our fibrotic collagen.

Retin-A should prove very effective in actually restoring old hair by dissolving fibrotic collagen in bald areas, when combined with derma rolling as it would be able to go deeper instead of just doing its workings at the skin surface.

Where can one find retin-A? Would it be used instead of minoxidyl, or with it?

Also, what do you guys think of applying concealers on after rolling? Would there be an increased risk of getting the concealer crap into the punctured holes of the scalp?

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Great posts guys.

do EVERYTHING you can to prevent minoxidil from entering your blood stream. Unless you'd like to speed up your aging.

Why do you think minoxidil side effects are not just temporary?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ganon! Miconazole Nitrate is really good for hair growth in general..Complete package with minoxidil 5%. Miconazole Nitrate inhibit the p450 enzymes which are over expressed in Androgenic Alopecia. Try to find a 4% one and mix it with minoxidil.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL hurting the follicles with a Derma roller. Common. By going aggressive, you are rushing the blood and progenitor stem cell to your pumpkin so new capillaries can be born among new collagen, epidermis and hair. If you damage some good hair in the process, big deal they will just grow back stronger. So every 7 days or so you just roll it everywhere until it gets red..you will be bleeding as well. I don't use the derma roller to get a better absorption of minoxidil, I use it to trick my body to heal itself and create a better and healthier environment for new hair. Just like I destroy my muscles fiber at the gym every time I go and they grow bigger and stronger. you get the idea?

Spot on, I never saw it that way. But you are right, very good example.

I'll also add that your muscles need amino acids to recover from working out. I wonder if in the case of a male pattern baldness sufferer: DermaRoller=working out, Minoxidil=amino acids/essential fats.

- - - Updated - - -

if this indeed generates new follicles, won't the new follicles be destroyed by DHT like the old follicles? or can we just continue to dermaroll and generate new follicles for life :hairy: ???

This is where a DHT blocker comes in, if you are using finasteride or dutasteride, along with minoxidil and dermarolling, I imagine your new hairs will be treated by the DHT blocker, and you will keep them.

- - - Updated - - -

There is absolutely no proof that minoxidil speeds up ageing.

I don't know about speeding up aging, but I can tell you for sure that in the spots where I apply minoxidil, I have mild senile spots. I have a very young looking face and have only noticed this when i'm on minoxidil. When I get off it, the spots go away within some months.

Status
Not open for further replies.