New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you guys gonna follow the study or keep rolling after the 12 week mark??

I plan on rolling every fortnight, indefinitely (until they find a cure for hairloss).

I do hope I can get rid of the minoxidil somewhere down the road, though.

resu

Reaction score
I'm debating to continue for longer as well even though it is a bit of a pain. I've only been using 1mm so far, do you guys think I should move up to the 1.5mm? I am finding it hard and harder to draw blood now, maybe my skin is starting to toughen up?

Are you using minoxidil as well?

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
I notice every week my scalp getting more tender, I think it's because new blood vessels etc. are starting to develop there, my first 3 sessions were barely any pain, now it is getting more sensitive, doe anyone else notice this? Could also be that's it's because it hasn't fully healed.

DanWS

Reaction score
So I took an interest to the parallel dermarolling study on BTT a while back, but was put off it because people were saying minoxidil was a must for the dermarolling to have any effect, which I'd really rather not have to use as I have long hair. However just looking through some pages on this thread I've seen at least one member reporting success without using minoxidil. So is it worth me trying? Cheers!

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you using minoxidil as well?

Yeah I am, been using it since March of this year but I think I'm only starting to see results now. But in general I'm sure the rest of my hair is thicker due to dermarolling but I'll be able to tell more easily when I grow my hair out again. I think my game plan is going to be to continue rolling with the 1mm untill I have 12 sessions completed like the study, then I am going to move onto the 1.5mm. However, I'm going to use it every two weeks and see how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

So I took an interest to the parallel dermarolling study on BTT a while back, but was put off it because people were saying minoxidil was a must for the dermarolling to have any effect, which I'd really rather not have to use as I have long hair. However just looking through some pages on this thread I've seen at least one member reporting success without using minoxidil. So is it worth me trying? Cheers!

Worth a try I guess but Dermarolling with long hair might be a bit tricky, if your gonna comit you may as well do both the minoxidil and DR.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
I notice every week my scalp getting more tender, I think it's because new blood vessels etc. are starting to develop there, my first 3 sessions were barely any pain, now it is getting more sensitive, doe anyone else notice this? Could also be that's it's because it hasn't fully healed.

If you are rolling weekly, you might want to consider rolling bi-weekly instead.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Yes. minoxidil is not such a big deal with long hair BTW. Get the foam at worst.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope 7 days are enough To heal mostly.would be Bad If we wound it while it hasnt fully recovered ...

Jaded

Reaction score
I head people talking about sheds, not only i had none, after starting dr my hairloss stopped almost completely, the amount of hair on my pillow\bed is almost negligible compared to before.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I am rolling with 'long' (as in not-buzzed) hair length, and using minoxidil... It's very doable, don't let that put you off.

With minoxidil I use foam, and make a centre parting in the hair, add foam onto the scalp showing between the parting, then make another parting a centimetre or so adjacent, then add more foam. Takes a bit of practice to get the technique, but you'll learn an efficient way of doing it.

With doing the actual rolling, I get my girlfriend to do the rolling, as 1. she can see the scalp better than I could in a mirror, 2. she can apply more 'brute force' to the scalp than I could on my own scalp using a mirror, and 3. can more carefully part the hair not to tangle/tear it, which works - only had a couple of tangle incidents, and that was during the first rolling session.

brunobald

Reaction score
Anyone tried using Copper peptides alongside dermarolling, I was speaking to a chap who does dermarolling to clients on a regular basis and his best rest are seen when using copper peptides. Im hopefully waiting on some more details before I get started with this but I reckon it may be a suitable minoxidil substitute.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried using Copper peptides alongside dermarolling, I was speaking to a chap who does dermarolling to clients on a regular basis and his best rest are seen when using copper peptides. Im hopefully waiting on some more details before I get started with this but I reckon it may be a suitable minoxidil substitute.

or use alongside minoxidil

Wiggle

Reaction score
Got my roller in today. Just gave it a test run, not quite as hard as I"m supposed to go but wanted to test my skins response before I go all in. Pain is a bit borderline, on the scalp it is tolerable, almost invigorating but on the bare temples it's a bit too sharp, I'll have to pick up a cream. It feels like you don't need alot of pressure actually though, for me, as soon as I apply a small/medium amount I'm definitely getting the popping sound and applying harder doesn't make a difference so I'm guessing I'm hitting full depth pretty easy. I got the 192 needle 1.5 mm one off amazon. I only went long enough to get 7 or 8 bleeders, once I get the cream I'll go a bit harder. This is good because I feel like with minoxidil lately I have been losing some progress, I'm still above my base line from almost two years ago which is a big positive but not as good as I was 6 months after starting minoxidil. I will take some pictures for you guys, probably bi-weekly or so.

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
Got my roller in today. Just gave it a test run, not quite as hard as I"m supposed to go but wanted to test my skins response before I go all in. Pain is a bit borderline, on the scalp it is tolerable, almost invigorating but on the bare temples it's a bit too sharp, I'll have to pick up a cream. It feels like you don't need alot of pressure actually though, for me, as soon as I apply a small/medium amount I'm definitely getting the popping sound and applying harder doesn't make a difference so I'm guessing I'm hitting full depth pretty easy. I got the 192 needle 1.5 mm one off amazon. I only went long enough to get 7 or 8 bleeders, once I get the cream I'll go a bit harder. This is good because I feel like with minoxidil lately I have been losing some progress, I'm still above my base line from almost two years ago which is a big positive but not as good as I was 6 months after starting minoxidil. I will take some pictures for you guys, probably bi-weekly or so.

Welcome aboard Wiggle, keep us updated!

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
pagani_zonda_cinque-9.jpgnew hairs come in slowly and they are strong like zondas. lol

if it keeps comming like that i will have a pagani hairline. lol/.

alpaca-health-6.jpg

i am telling you all if hair comes back and stays i have it all. [cochesymujereshot.blogspot.com] pagani-zonda-KOENIGSEGG-CCX-chicas-chavas-superautos-deportivos.jpg

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Just checked today my hair in the mirror and can say that i got good hair regrow atm.New terminals sprouting thicker after shedding weak hair.I also can see some hair are growing in grafts(2-3 hair from 1 hair shaft ).Lets see if they get big like this lol : country11_image009.jpg

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am telling you opti dermarolling hairs are like donkeys THICK

<font size="5"><span style="color:#000080;">[video=youtube;h4QLZTW8W-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4QLZTW8W-I[/video]

everybodyyyyyyy ROLLLLLL your bodyyyy.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys Im also looking into a hair transplant in the next couple months to rebuild my hair loss area. Do you think its safe to start trying this if im looking to get my hair moved around.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its interesting, i think its going to make everything better. for an operation.because your dermarolled galea will be like you did prp and stemcells at the same time. so the only thing would be a benefit.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys Im also looking into a hair transplant in the next couple months to rebuild my hair loss area. Do you think its safe to start trying this if im looking to get my hair moved around.

i think its good using dermaroller before.But its maybe better not using a DR 1month before surgery.Just that all wounds have healed etc

Status
Not open for further replies.