New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelaxing

Reaction score
How many needles will your 3.0mm have?

I have a 3.0mm with 192 needles here. I have not dared using it with real pressure yet.
I'm a bit scared it might puncture some large artery on the scalp and I'll end up having to go to the ER, and explain to them why I have been trying to commit suicide with a dermaroller. (I'd never admit to the true reason :unsure:)

i don't know about arteries but i was watching a bodybuilding video the other day and noticed that some of these guys have big swollen veins popping through their scalps. they are big and visible. i don't know how deep those veins are and if it's possible to puncture one with the dermaroller. I hope not.

terrybart518

Reaction score
I had heard some stuff about peelers, very interesting. So I have to ask, if you were given the peeler for you acne, how did it end up on your temples? Did you use a bit there out of curiosity or where the acne marks close to your temples?

Acne was close to my temples and I wasnt doing the administering, it was an estitician. This was in my mid twenties when I had terrible acne. But I remember being amazed looking in the mirror, seeing the amount of regrowth near my temples next to where my skin had just peeled like crazy. This was a very hard core peel with dead skin everywhere. I've tried milder peels like glycol peels and none have produced the crazy skin peeling like the TCA peel I was given and none have given me hair growth (besides the TCA)

So you say they were not permanent, were you on finasteride when you saw that regrowth? Maybe the DHT Killed it like any other hair and if one is on finasteride, one can keep them.

I was NOT on finasteride, but WAS on minoxidil, but to be honest I didn't give it quite the shot. I saw regrowth but the hairs didn't quite make it to vellous(very close), and I was too scared to try the peel again and not sure at the time that it was the peel that made the difference or minoxidil or a combo of both!

I think that it's worth a try, I would give it a shot on a small piece of scalp to get it out. Do you know the
Percentage you were given?
I do not know, sorry...but I did order a peel over the net and am going to try it on a small area of my temples in combination with minoxidil.

Thanks for answering my questions.. Good luck to all guinea pigs.. This is the first regimine that has given me any kind of hope in a long time

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
if ur skin is thin on the temples and needs to be thicker why dont we use emu/jojoba oil then after rolling etc? I guess these oils are pretty good in rebuilding fat cells

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
if ur skin is thin on the temples and needs to be thicker why dont we use emu/jojoba oil then after rolling etc? I guess these oils are pretty good in rebuilding fat cells

We most likely need to attack it both ways, kill all the fibrosis tissue and also add some fat with oils.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
there is not way to roll the entire 2.5mm all the way in, at least not for me. When I press hard and tried to roll, the actual pins would get stuck on my skin, and had to apply some force to get them out.

Why don't you just stick with the Indian study? Or do like me which is to make the Indian study more consistent by inserting just 1.0mm but all the way in, as opposed to 1.5mm superficially ?

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Lastly, this is all experimentation, so maybe once we regrow the hair and are on finasteride, we don't have to roll, if not on finasteride, you might have to roll till you die.

Oh, lol DesperateOne. I'm stealing that line of yours and using it as my motto in my signature.

Roll 'till you die! :punk::firing::jump:

Wonderful motto. We should get Tshirts made.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't know about arteries but i was watching a bodybuilding video the other day and noticed that some of these guys have big swollen veins popping through their scalps. they are big and visible. i don't know how deep those veins are and if it's possible to puncture one with the dermaroller. I hope not.

This is my worry, exactly.
Hundreds of tiny holes in such a vein.... dunno... could be dangerous, perhaps.

3.0mm is VERY long when you study the roller close-up.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Why don't you just stick with the Indian study? Or do like me which is to make the Indian study more consistent by inserting just 1.0mm but all the way in, as opposed to 1.5mm superficially ?

1mm is a waste of time, even going all the way in. I went the entire 2.5mm and I am certain that I hit some small veins, I saw a lot of blood with just five presses. It stopped pretty quickly though, so it wasn't a big deal. I just have to destroy all that fibrosis.

@metro, lol sure you can use that one, but I do hope I don't have to do this for life. I will do the entire session on Saturday and expect to bleed like crazy. I actually feel sore from those little test runs. I think the best length would have been 2.0mm, but I'm an idiot and ordered two 2.5mm instead of one of each.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
1mm is a waste of time, even going all the way in.

What makes you think that it is a waste of time? They didn't actually specify in the study how far they inserted the needles into the scalp, nor did they state any scientific reason for using the 1.5mm size.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the best length would have been 2.0mm, but I'm an idiot and ordered two 2.5mm instead of one of each.

Yeah, I also think 2.0mm will be my next step - not the 3.0mm.
If that goes alright, I will try a 2.5mm. If I survive that, I will try my luck with the dreaded 3.0mm. :wow:

I think we should look into DermaJets/DermaPens. Easily adjustable. And, I suspect, easier to use, and perhaps even better results.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
They didn't actually specify in the study how far they inserted the needles into the scalp, nor did they state any scientific reason for using the 1.5mm size.

Exactly. And considering it's a business, and the pain it generates, they certainly didn't insert the 1.5mm needles all the way in the scalp of their patients.

My fear is to pierce the galea throughout for months or years and eventually stay with thousands of pieces of this tissue no longer connected to anything and getting necrosed with time. Overall we're playing with fire here and I prefer to play it safe.

1.00mm fully entered is the way to go for me. That also means less pain and therefore increased psychological motivation to dermaroll longer (and therefore making more small wounds) during one session.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. And considering it's a business, and the pain it generates, they certainly didn't insert the 1.5mm needles all the way in the scalp of their patients.

My fear is to pierce the galea throughout for months or years and eventually stay with thousands of pieces of this tissue no longer connected to anything and getting necrosed with time. Overall we're playing with fire here and I prefer to play it safe.

1.00mm fully entered is the way to go for me. That also means less pain and therefore increased psychological motivation to dermaroll longer (and therefore making more small wounds) during one session.
Well you may be right about the study not going in the entire 1.5mm. It is actually very difficult to go all the way in, you actually have to put in some force and I doubt they took the time to press one at a time. Anyways, I now know that 2.5mm is simply too damn deep, I can still feel the small artery I opened, you will feel it and it's not pleasant. Lots sort of a pumping feeling in the actual artery. I would like to go in about 2mm but it's too hard to tell how far you're in if you're a diffuse thinner.
I will just try to roll now and later will try to order the 2mm.

Does anyone know if the arteries are combined with the fibrosis tissue? Or is it under it.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Well you may be right about the study not going in the entire 1.5mm. It is actually very difficult to go all the way in, you actually have to put in some force and I doubt they took the time to press one at a time. Anyways, I now know that 2.5mm is simply too damn deep, I can still feel the small artery I opened, you will feel it and it's not pleasant. Lots sort of a pumping feeling in the actual artery. I would like to go in about 2mm but it's too hard to tell how far you're in if you're a diffuse thinner.

Does anyone know if the arteries are combined with the fibrosis tissue? Or is it under it.

You guys are effin' nuts...

- - - Updated - - -

stick with 1.5mm...you're actually thinking that you're accurate to 0.5mm??

1.5mm hurts god-damn enough, thank you very much

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

You scalp is soft tissue only.. No friggin MAIN arteries there LOL! I don't go all the way in with the 2.5mm everywhere on the scalp..

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/834808-overview

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post this.

This should cut down on the time it takes to do the whole scalp. I have to do top, crown, temples - all the classic male pattern baldness areas. Takes forever with the 192 needle one that I have.

However, I had read some time ago that the 192 needle roller is recommended over the higher needle count ones. Why? I forgot... :blush:

I just recall there was a good reason. I ordered a 192 needle roller because of this.

I should point out that I read this at a place where they talk about rolling for collagen regeneration. This had nothing to do with the Indian study - or hair for that matter.

For the life of me, I cannot recall why they said 192 is better than the 540 needle one.
I will post again if I remember it.

Maybe someone reading this can chyme in.

But I guess if we can make it bleed with this, we should be alright?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So... who's willing to inject or topically apply FGF-9 after wounding and replicate Follica's method?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Just wanted to post this.

This should cut down on the time it takes to do the whole scalp. I have to do top, crown, temples - all the classic male pattern baldness areas. Takes forever with the 192 needle one that I have.

However, I had read some time ago that the 192 needle roller is recommended over the higher needle count ones. Why? I forgot... :blush:

I just recall there was a good reason. I ordered a 192 needle roller because of this.

I should point out that I read this at a place where they talk about rolling for collagen regeneration. This had nothing to do with the Indian study - or hair for that matter.

For the life of me, I cannot recall why they said 192 is better than the 540 needle one.
I will post again if I remember it.

Maybe someone reading this can chyme in.

But I guess if we can make it bleed with this, we should be alright?

Because 540 acts a meat slicer! just never roll at the same area a 1000xx times and you are good to go. Just need to be smart with the tool. I know is tough for some people on here LOL

- - - Updated - - -

6 days since rolling I am still shedding dead ****ing skin LOL.. Went a bit hard I guess!

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Because 540 acts a meat slicer! just never roll at the same area a 1000xx times and you are good to go. Just need to be smart with the tool. I know is tough for some people on here LOL

Actually, more needles = less pain.

If you wanted to be a real 'macho man', you'd use a single needle.
But that would take hours.

I think I'm going t order the 2.0mm with 1080 needles. This should cut down on rolling time significantly.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
You scalp is soft tissue only.. No friggin MAIN arteries there LOL! I don't go all the way in with the 2.5mm everywhere on the scalp..

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/834808-overview
Well not a main artery, but def some small ones. I am not lying, you will feel the vessel open, well at least on the crown I felt it. So the scalp doesn't have the potential for major blood loss? Are we able to reach the actual skull without bleeding to death?

- - - Updated - - -

So... who's willing to inject or topically apply FGF-9 after wounding and replicate Follica's method?

Just do it already, hellouser!!!
You have the money and the drive to cure tho ****, I know that it has been on your mind plenty. Do it!!! And don't look back, no regrets.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are effin' nuts...

- - - Updated - - -

stick with 1.5mm...you're actually thinking that you're accurate to 0.5mm??

1.5mm hurts god-damn enough, thank you very much

Hey man, I am crazy, we need to try crazy stuff or we will never end this nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.