New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
you guys...there are thousands of people reading this thread...holy s-h-i-t!! I've never seen anything like this...

...I caution a lot of readers here to proceed carefully!!

super

Reaction score
Dudes, i have to come here from time to time. I know some don't believe in me, but the results i am seeing. Since i only went 1 time per month to do the procedure, it took a little time for the treatment to really make an impact, but now (1.5 year later) everytime i go there i see so much new hair growing that it really makes me think i can overcome this **** (with the dermaroller, minoxidil, finasteride + a good and healthy diet to fight finasteride. side effects and make my hair grow healthier). I made the last procedure almost two weeks ago and this is stuff is REALLY working right now. It took a long time, but it is. I will try to go there next tuesday and talk to my doctor to make him do the procedure with me twice a month. I am really excited with this (and since people always asks, pages back i posted some pics).

- - - Updated - - -

Still, i think people are going to far with the sizes. I believe my doctor uses 0.5mm or 1,0mm. I will have to check. Of course, since he is doing it to me, he can probably do a lot more damage with a smaller needle, since we probably won't make it go all the way in doing it to ourselves. But 2.5mm and 3mm sounds dangerous.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
I used 0.5mm for about 9 months. Helps with minoxidil absorption but for the wounding method I don't think it does jack. 1.5mm should be what you start with if you are looking to give this a go, and expect to see blood or you're probably not doing it right. Push those needles in to the skin, don't just roll it lightly over the scalp. Appears to be working for me at the moment. Good luck.

super

Reaction score
My doctor said that they tested laser and was absurdly painful, so they said it was a no go.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
you guys...there are thousands of people reading this thread...holy s-h-i-t!! I've never seen anything like this...
...I caution a lot of readers here to proceed carefully!!

All kinds of silly people are probably reading this thread. Some will read it entirely and others won't. Problem is guys promoting the use of 2-3mm rollers without repeating they don't go all the way in with them. Totally irresponsible. Someone ignorant or desperate enough may cause damage to himself, like dermarolling everyday, minoxing immediately, putting his galea to pieces, nailing his skull, getting local infection, or maybe developping cutis verticis gyrata,… and then he'll make catastrophic comments about the method and his story will be reported in the media…

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I did my first dermarolling session Monday. It hurt but not unbearable. I was doing it until I saw blood, but I pulled out a ton of hairs in the process. I am a diffuse thinner so it was hard not to pull out hairs. Man I hope this works.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
All kinds of silly people are probably reading this thread. Some will read it entirely and others won't. Problem is guys promoting the use of 2-3mm rollers without repeating they don't go all the way in with them. Totally irresponsible. Someone ignorant or desperate enough may cause big damage to himself, like dermarolling everyday, minoxing immediately, putting his galea to pieces, nailing his skull, getting local infection, or maybe developping cutis verticis gyrata,… and then he'll make catastrophic comments about the method and his story will be reported in the media…

Odalbak.. our official safety rep! LOL

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
If people can't be bothered to read the thread properly and apply common sense then it's their own problem, I'm afraid.

Plyschapan

Reaction score
Been dermarolling for 3 weeks now. A positive sign is that my hair is growing faster than normal for sure. Usually my fringe basically only reaches to a certain point on my forehead. In the last week it's grown a coupple of centimeters past that point. I know this because I have before photos. So it seems to me that the study is at least correct in the part about accelerated hair growth. Hopefully the rest will be true too.

I think the trick is to stick with it. It took 17 years for my hair to get this thin. Might take a long time to see good cosmetic results. But if that's what it takes I'm totally fine with that. If this thing just keeps adding hair to your scalp it's a cure.

I'm not on minoxidil, but finasteride since 10 years and semen since my last dermaroll :p

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
If people can't be bothered to read the thread properly and apply common sense then it's their own problem, I'm afraid.

I agree, if they don't even bother I even create an account well then, they deserve it. We can't be the police here and try to move forward at the same time. I will say this if they're reading, 2.5mm all the way in is too damn much, not the pain but I feel that I cause some big damage. It is actually a pretty frightening feeling, having your veins cut a bit. I think I got a taste of what it feels like to cut your veins, brrrrr. I am desperate, but not to the point of suicide. I still think however that a 2.0mm will be perfect.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just had an appointment this morning with my dentist. A checkup actually in regards to the gum grafting I had done a couple months ago. He mentioned he'll need to smoothen out the gum tissue in a couple with a laser. This is where it gets interesting;

Basically the laser is like a pen and vaporizes the tissue potentially 3mm deep. I couldn't understand him when he said the name of the laser, but this is a good start for those of us (hopefully all of us) interested in replicating Follica's wounding method.

I need to get my hands on this laser!

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Just had an appointment this morning with my dentist. A checkup actually in regards to the gum grafting I had done a couple months ago. He mentioned he'll need to smoothen out the gum tissue in a couple with a laser. This is where it gets interesting;

Basically the laser is like a pen and vaporizes the tissue potentially 3mm deep. I couldn't understand him when he said the name of the laser, but this is a good start for those of us (hopefully all of us) interested in replicating Follica's wounding method.

Make sure you get more info next time you go. Maybe as him to do a small test sample on your scalp. What do you think about peeling creams? There has been a few claims about it now.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Make sure you get more info next time you go. Maybe as him to do a small test sample on your scalp. What do you think about peeling creams? There has been a few claims about it now.

I wouldnt use anything that isn't as close as possible to Follica's process. That laser he talked about sounds promising. I can always go back into his clinic and ask him the name, make, brand, where to get, etc. He's a super chill dentist.... and also has a really sexy staff... all women.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm confused, the study got very good results with the 1.5 mm roller and people are thinking that means they should go with a 2.5mm or higher? It makes no logical sense, unless some of you are researchers who have knowledge that a longer needle works better for hairloss. Not only are you jeoparadizing your results, you risk damage to yourself. Who knows, maybe after repeated use of a 2.5/3 mm dermaroller, your skin will never fully healed.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Two lasers I found:

http://www.biolase.com/products/ezlase/features.html
http://www.biolase.com/products/ilase/features.html

Hmmmm!

super

Reaction score
Been dermarolling for 3 weeks now. A positive sign is that my hair is growing faster than normal for sure. Usually my fringe basically only reaches to a certain point on my forehead. In the last week it's grown a coupple of centimeters past that point. I know this because I have before photos. So it seems to me that the study is at least correct in the part about accelerated hair growth. Hopefully the rest will be true too.

I think the trick is to stick with it. It took 17 years for my hair to get this thin. Might take a long time to see good cosmetic results. But if that's what it takes I'm totally fine with that. If this thing just keeps adding hair to your scalp it's a cure.

I'm not on minoxidil, but finasteride since 10 years and semen since my last dermaroll :p

Yeap. That is exactly what i am feeling. It took a little time, but now, everytime i do it i see a lot of new hairs, i don't loose my previous hair and i am gaining a lot of volume in the areas i still have hair (the procedure is done in almost all my scalp). I feel exactly the same thing. It took 7 years to loose my hair like i lost, so it probably will take a good amount of time to get near what i had, but my hair is only getting better. And i have noticed that the parts of my hair that i lost later (temples) are the ones that i am getting back. It is like it follows the same pattern. Now my temples (i had no hair there) have a good amount of hair, and "solid hair", i mean, with a lot of volume, strenghth, and now they are growing longer. I use no semen though. And minoxidil made my results WAY better.

zombiehair

Reaction score
Hi Some one asked earlier in the thread why 192 needles is sometimes recommended over the 540.
The reason I have read is that the 540 needle rollers can sometimes have a bedding effect think of a bed of nails and how the pressure is spread between the nails and they don't pierce the skin.
some one also asked about sterilizing the rollers this is defiantly a good idea ,I have a derma roller sterilizing solution.
It contains ethanol monopropylene glycol isopropyl myristate .
Before I got this I would hold my roller above the boiling kettle spout to steam clean it. let the needles cool before use :)

That must be me coming up for my 5th roll tomorrow.
feeling positive ,to early for me to say for sure but feeling positive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.