New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Great post and welcome to the forums, yeah it sucks having your first couple of post backcatalogged and later reposted in a random order, but hopefully the admin removes the restrictions from your account soon. In any case: I fully agree with your point #2, most people here are extensively butchering into the dermis and not giving enough time for even new follicle formation to occur, but that is my opinion, I don't wanna get into a yelling session here again. On point #1 I disagree, blocking the EGF receptor isn't the only way. In you original patent link, follica has many methods described and blocking the EGFR is actually the most difficult and dangerous to achieve. Let's look at the patent you linked to:

Noticed the words I bolded, the EGF receptor inhibitor was administered as a single injection, timed perfectly and it helped induce more hair neo-genesis. Also notice the red lines? Anti androgens can actually achieve the same thing, given they are timed later in the stages of healing. I have actually suggested people here not use any anti androgens or anything for that matter except minoxdil in the early days of wound healing at all, because of unknown factors. This is why I don't want people to even think about applying an epidermal growth factor injector weekly (or more, as I suspect some people have a tendency to go overboard). The reason is simply because EGF is critical of anagen initiation of existing hair follicles. Take a look at this study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12714603

So basically they are saying that EGF is necessary for initiating anagen for exiting hair already in telogen. On the other hand, follica has shown that that blocking the EGFR receptor is one way of creating "more" new hair. So if you dermaroll weekly and continue to block the EGFR, what will happen, you might induce some WIHN, but what about existing hair in telogen, they are literally fuc*ked, this is the reason why in the follica experiment it is perfectly timed and applied only once at a critical moment. My humble opinion? don't mess with EGFR. There are many other ways to induce WIHN as is given in the same patent you provided TNTS. Here are other examples they mention in the same patent:

Another example is simply minoxidil that is given in the same patent (which I advise everyone to simply stick to and not try the fancy stuff):

and so on and so on, so essentially follicular neo-genesis can be triggered by many factors, heck, even introducing nothing can create brand new follicles creation, flamethrower provided. Something I also want to take from the patent you provided is this: wound healing creates a very strange environment where substances can cause un-intended results. That is the case of blocking EGFR during wounding and the effect it has in normal scalp, and something very interesting actually dkk1, one of the nastiest stuff for normal scalp hair actually allows new hair to get pigmented by inhibiting wnt1 (now how about that one eh :D):

This seems to indicate that by introducing an anti-androgen in the wound that down regulates DHT, you might actually blunt dkk1 expression in the wound and prevent new follicles to get pigmented.

Wb Rambo, so based on this es finding, it says that we may be actually destroying healthy follicles?
So what does it look like now. In your opinion, what is the most educated protocol you would advice in terms of time and topicals. I have t admit, I have been shedding really bad the last two weeks, it's kinda scary. I thought I had things under control.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Squee j'ai une petite question stp, et je me permet de Telogen Effluvium la poser en francais a cause de mon niveau d'anglais approximatif lol, sa fait 3 semaine que j'utilise le dermarolling 2.0mm au niveau des golfes et de ma ligne frontal et ce jusqu'a qu'il y est ecoulement de sang(1fois/semaine, minoxidil 24h aprés), et je subis un gros shedding specialement au niveau de cette region, tu penses que c'est normal?
Merci de ta reponse sa me stresse trop :s
PS : Merci de t'être battu pour notre pays !!!!!

bibz! Ces't correcte de saigner! a meme chose pour le shedding.. les resultats senviens! tres bon signe! Soit constant et positif.. tu vas gagner la guerre! P:S: tu devrais utiliser le derma roller sur tute la region de ta tete.. pas juste les endroit ou tu perds les cheveux... partout!!! tu veux stimuler le plus de platelets et de progenitor cells que possible.. Continue le bon travail!

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
I have actually suggested people here not use any anti androgens or anything for that matter except minoxdil in the early days of wound healing at all

Rambo,

I (and I know many others here) value your input immensely.

I know you don't know this for sure, but if you had to hazard a guess, how many days after rolling would you go on minoxidil alone before introducing things like topical saw palmetto etc?

I'm trying to figure out my own, little schedule here.

So far, I'm switching to rolling every 2nd Friday (instead of every Friday), using a 2.0mm 1080 needle roller. Apply minoxidil every day, bar the day of rolling.
Now I want to find out when I can apply things like azelaic acid, saw palmetto etc.

I'm not trying to duplicate the Indian study btw. I'm just trying to get thicker hair - and if I'm really lucky, (re)gain some hair.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Princess Rambo.. Miconazole Nitrate is the strongest azole out there that Inhibit Cytochrome p450 in your skin which means inhibition of androgen synthesis in your skin(Steroidogenesis enzymes) Secondo, Nitrate promotes Nitric oxide which also a strong androgen inhibitor. NO stimulates Mitochondrial Biogenesis as well. Miconazole 4% works in real life.. Not just stupid theories.. it is on every damn longhair forums and people sticking with it having male pattern baldness are reporting results.
You can put as many gallons of sperm on your scalp Princess.. call me when you get results! Which sites do you visit for your jerking off time? redtube youjizz?

http://www.novantherapeutics.com/files/8613/6508/1965/13_04_04-topical_nitric_oxide.pdf
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...in-as-a-hormone-target-and-an-endocrine-gland
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/68475-Nitric-oxide-and-mitochondrial-biogenesis
http://www.cunliffe-awards.de/pdfs/publikation_hofmann.pdf
http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v120/n6/full/5603399a.html
http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v126/n10/full/5700442a.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12592073

About Follica.. Fractional laser are available everywhere.. Go try it Princess. People use that for acne and wrinkles. I haven't seen anybody reporting results by accident from it just like the BBQ guy which was a deeper injury.:salut: Why Follica is not out yet if it works so good?:) I've seen many upcoming patents for many treatments that went nowhere.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
It is more relevant to wounding healing hair growth than any of the stuff you suggested like miconazole 4% or whatever else you use post wound, this is based on science (PGE2 -> FGF9, PGF2a, VEGF, etc), not wishes, or personal attitude or religious or homophobic tendency.

Again, this is more relevant to the thread than you think, in fact the follica patent device revolves around, guess what? *****g laser...

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2011/0130711.html

You can't just yell at people every other post because you think you are so much smarter :rolleyes:
No, I suggested that frequently using an epidermal growth factor receptor inihibitor might not be a good idea, because it is something that can prevent existing follicles to ever enter anagen. As for timing, it all depends on much wounding you do, I feel like if you butcher your dermis like most people are doing here, it is pure madness to wait only a week before butchering again. I would personally keep almost all unkown topicals out of the scenario, go simple. The wound healing theories and cotsarelis patent imply specific pathways and topicals, minoxidil, pge2, fgf9, vegf, etc, limit to those the first week of recovery, in the second week I personally add keto and capsaicin topical (targeting the neurological pathways, as most treatment ignore this and only focus on the endocrine pathways).

- - - Updated - - -

@closetmetrosexual: I do a lot of damage (lots of bleeding after intense dermarolling), therefore I wait a minimum of 2 weeks. What I use is described above. You are right, If I was following the indian study, I would do light rolling, minor redness and wait a week.

Thanks, well I have to ask a few more questions because I admit I have a limited understanding around wound theory.

So I bought a 2.5mm as you might have read, and well it went really deep and I think I ruptured a blood vessel. I know people said we should bleed but is it normal to feel like a blood vessel poped or even dangerous? I don't know if the scalp has important arteries near the skull.

Also, the mint you recommended helped with the pain. I did add a little too much and well it was like putting mouth wash on my head. It doesn't dilute in water because it's oil.

So I am guessing the patent this guy pulled out really doesn't add much more than what we have?

@squeegee come on man, stop throwing words without meaning. If you don't want us to advocate semen you should stop advocating that vaginal cream you love so much.

Well yo also don't lasers, lasers are cool!!! Well we could try to wound you skull with napalm if you prefer :D

Dominik

Reaction score
How bad was BBQ man's burn? I'm very, very tempted to just burn a little tiny spot to the same degree and see if any regrowth happens. Did BBQ man apply any lotions during healing or was he ingesting anything specific? Was he on any medication? Does anyone know? I want to know what BBQ man ate, how much water he drank, when he woke up, when he slept, when he laughed, when he cried, etc. you get the gist here. If I have to be a human guinea pig then so be it. Then I just need to buy a better camera to document the progress. But now my brain tells me no, don't do it. Shut up, brain!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
How bad was BBQ man's burn? I'm very, very tempted to just burn a little tiny spot to the same degree and see if any regrowth happens. Did BBQ man apply any lotions during healing or was he ingesting anything specific? Was he on any medication? Does anyone know? I want to know what BBQ man ate, how much water he drank, when he woke up, when he slept, when he laughed, when he cried, etc. you get the gist here. If I have to be a human guinea pig then so be it. Then I just need to buy a better camera to document the progress. But now my brain tells me no, don't do it. Shut up, brain!

From the photos, it looks like a giant scab formed. Here's somewhat how Follica's method works in diagram form:

microdermabrasion-2-284x300.gif

Source: http://www.hair-wise.com/hair-loss-...against-baldness-nabs-7-5m-venture-financing/

Notice the diagram shows dermabrasion rather than the laser mentioned in other Follica papers. I'm not sure what the difference may be. But here's another thing to think about. Suppose you did create a scab. How would you apply topicals over top that area to induce FGF9? That won't penetrate that crusty scab! You'd need to peel it off and then apply topically... or just inject somehow, potentially with a diabetic needle. But youd have to be ultra careful with the injection (how deep you go).

Here's another article on Follica's wounding method:

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News...Feed:+penn-medicine-news+(Penn+Medicine+News)

Here's a diagram showing the depth of the wound:

2zoxawh.jpg

Looks like you'd have to at the very least somewhat deep.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm very, very tempted to just burn a little tiny spot to the same degree and see if any regrowth happens. Did BBQ man apply any lotions during healing or was he ingesting anything specific? Was he on any medication? Does anyone know? I want to know what BBQ man ate, how much water he drank, when he woke up, when he slept, when he laughed, when he cried, etc. you get the gist here. If I have to be a human guinea pig then so be it. Then I just need to buy a better camera to document the progress. But now my brain tells me no, don't do it. Shut up, brain!

BBQ man was our Negus, the light and mecca of baldness life. Let's build an altar to his glory. Become a BBQlogist and embrace the ember. Also may I suggest spreading gasoline on your scalp instead? It's cleaner and more consistent than woodshed. Don't forget to report with nurse pictures.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Squeegee: Read my reply again, I added another diagram that shows a different depth.

Also, you need to clean up your act in this thread, you've been pretty insulting to members.

Hell, the only way to go is deep. My act if far than perfect, I admit, I just don't want people to come on here and believe than derma rolling should be followed by chronic masturbation to get results. Sorry if I hurt some feelings on here.. nothing personal.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
PrincessRambo:

Between Finasteride and anti-DHT topicals like CB (blocks the receptor) and RU (blocks DHT and can go systemic) which would you suggest would work best, if at all with the wounding theory? I'm currently on CB from Kane (no real results yet after a month or so of being on it). Wasn't there a study that said Finasteride promotes WNT expression? I was thinking Finasteride + wounding would work better??

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
At times at thought maybe you were smart, but you are seriously like a mule who doesn't listen to anything or even read anything except clinging to pre-conceived ideas. Do you even read the studies you post yourself in forum sometimes? Or do you understand the implications of such studies. What in the f*ck is the use of an anti-adrogen post wounding? Have you even been following this thread? I just posted a study above that indicates that inhibiting dkk1 even prevents new hair from getting pigmented, in other word all you will have is fuk*ng useless velus crap. Hear this one more time smart-a*ss, you cannot consider the wounding environment the same way as a regular environment, the body is literally in a complete different physiological environment when wounded and certain things need to happen. For example:

1. In the wounded state EPGR inhibitors induce new hair growth, in non wounding state, it prevents it.
2. In the wounded state, wnt1 prevent hair pigmentation, in non wounded state it accelerates hair growth.
3. In the wounded sate the tgf beta superfamily signaling is essential for development of new hair, but in a non wounded state, tgf beta actually inhibit hair follicle growth.

I can go on and on and on, so smarty pants, your anti androgen are fu*cking useless as you are mostly likely doing more harm than good, but I know you are too stubborn for basic reading comprehension...

This is actually science, it has insane growth factors and more relevant to wound healing than your crappy anti-androgens, between I have a beautiful wife for sex, which I have been married to for more than an decade, thanks for asking dodo-head...

So in the same logic, why in the world are you using a dermaroller? They are available everywhere, have been available for years, what is your logic for using it? Did you just decide it works out of the blue, or are you basing it on studies reported by the most knowledgeable figure for hair loss, aka Gorge Costarelis, also known as the head and co-founder of follica that you are dissing. Why are you dermarolling, if not to induce WIHN, or do you want to replicate the BBQ guy by dermarolling? The wound bed of such injury is literally many inches wide and doesn't close for weeks, if this is what you want to do don't delusion yourself thinking a dermaroller will achieve this, I suggest a flamethrower, not a dermaroller... In the meantime a lot of people here are after the follica study, not a dumb freak accident...ps: if you reply don't yell and scream, base your replies with facts to prove or disprove claims made in forums, screaming and cursing or denigrating people only makes you look like an insecure re*tard...

Princess..Are you losing it? I am using Miconazole Nitrate as an add-on to Minoxidil because I had great results in the past. Nothing more to it. I don't try to mimic Follica method, just the study from this very thread which they had real life results with. Understood? Follica for now is a patent, nothing more. So shut the **** up! I am on what, week 9? I am very pleased with the results so far and I see my hair progressing very fast in the right direction. Am I going to achieve the same results as the BBQ guy within the same timeframe? Nope, but I will get there. I am using a derma roller because this is what they use in the study..I am using longer needles because I firmly believe that the subcutaneous fat is the problem in Androgenetic Alopecia. Also it is pretty safe and I don't look like **** at work because yeah I work outside my home Princess!:) Keep on masturbating Princess! while my hair is getting back on my pumpkin!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
@hellhouser: to be honest I have no idea what role cb or ru have, if I find anything related to wound healing and hair growth I will let you know, it is safe to say though that using anti-androgens might be very relevant as long as re-epitelazation is complete and the stem cells have adapted a follicular phenotype. Follica's methods seem to be center on what happens during and right after reepithelialization.

Thanks!

There was an interview posted on another site with Dr. Garza, here's an excerpt:

Q: in order to increase fgf9 what did you use in your experiments.

so far only wnts have been shown to turn on fgf9

Still think it'd not be wise to take Finasteride at some point during wound healing, perhaps finasteride ONCE a week or once per dermarolling/wounding session at a specific time?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I just read the fight with squeegee and Princess and I was laughing pretty hard. It's funny how you guys go back and forth, but it's not really adding much anymore.

@hellouser, do you mean using finasteride topically to promote wnt or orally? Well, I guess we can skip 3 days or so during and after the wounding so it doesn't cause much harm, but then again, finasteride -> wnts -> fgf-9 is just a guess or there is some science?

All I know is that I have been losing ground the last 2 weeks FAST! I have no idea why, I had great initial growth and now it's just gone to crap.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just read the fight with squeegee and Princess and I was laughing pretty hard. It's funny how you guys go back and forth, but it's not really adding much anymore.

@hellouser, do you mean using finasteride topically to promote wnt or orally? Well, I guess we can skip 3 days or so during and after the wounding so it doesn't cause much harm, but then again, finasteride -> wnts -> fgf-9 is just a guess or there is some science?

All I know is that I have been losing ground the last 2 weeks FAST! I have no idea why, I had great initial growth and now it's just gone to crap.

Finasteride I would take orally. Not topically, I dont' know anyone that uses it topically. Besides, why would I? I'm already on CB and put an order through for more RU.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Shedding is ok.. hair grow in cycle.. no worries. Keep rolling and stop masturbating.:salut:

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Princessrambo, you have no compassion for the old follicles. You're only interested in the growth of youngsters.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Week 3 Stabbing Update

Applied Japanese Mint Oil again, but this time I gave it some time to sink in...That helped quite a bit...1.5mm..This time I worked faster with quicker "roll and stab" pushes, from and to adjacent areas...just worked my left-frontal bare spot, and repeated a couple of times to get better puncture coverage...this is the most I've bled to date

...so giving the Japanese Mint Oil more time to numb the area helped significantly...bled A LOT this time...will stick with the program and apply ppg-free minoxidil tomorrow evening...

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Week 3 Stabbing Update

Applied Japanese Mint Oil again, but this time I gave it some time to sink in...That helped quite a bit...1.5mm..This time I worked faster with quicker "roll and stab" pushes, from and to adjacent areas...just worked my left-frontal bare spot, and repeated a couple of times to get better puncture coverage...this is the most I've bled to date

...so giving the Japanese Mint Oil more time to numb the area helped significantly...bled A LOT this time...will stick with the program and apply ppg-free minoxidil tomorrow evening...

Yes I also noticed this as well, but mine was a peppermint oil. The first time I let it sit for like 5 minutes and really didn't do much. Then when I almost done with the rolling, that's when it kicked in. I wish I would have waited until the thing feels like it's frozen, it would of hurt a lot less. Granted it was only a test run and did about 5 full deep stabs with the 2.5mm and it was less painful. Well I have already had about 1 week and half since my last roll, but will keep it until I reach 2 weeks to do the full roll again.

- - - Updated - - -

Princessrambo, you have no compassion for the old follicles. You're only interested in the growth of youngsters.
Haha, well... we are assuming you have your hairloss under control, I am afraid to tell you but I don't think you will get back what you want if you're not blocking DHT in some way. Most likely(Just speculation from the past) those new hairs if you do gain new ones, will jump ship like the rest due to DHT. Hopefully they're DTH resistant, which I highly doubt.

@Rambo and @Squeegee, I sure do hope it is just the normal shedding that is needed for new hair growth, this **** is scary, I lost about half my density in just like 3 freaking weeks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Finasteride I would take orally. Not topically, I dont' know anyone that uses it topically. Besides, why would I? I'm already on CB and put an order through for more RU.
Well, it was just a thought really, seeing how everything relating to wounding is revolving around topicals, I figured. Not important anyways.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Desperate.. I maybe sounds like an a**h** on here sometimes but I know what is the feeling to lose your hair at a young age... but keep on rolling once a week. Shedding is a good think. Stay on track and keep the focus. Be resilient.

Status
Not open for further replies.