New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I am a fool for trying to wound every six days. Anyways, we still need the optimal depth for this procedure and we will be gooden, I personally think it's going to be 2mm based in derma rolling experience. Obviously the next step is to find where we can get this egfr inhibitor, I saw a website selling it but they probably only sell to research labs. I am sure some knowledgeable forum members will find a topical already on the market that contains this. Dammit Rambo, we need you now!!!

You're a fool, period...."Hi, I am DesperateOne....I am not a doctor or a research scientist, but I play one on the web board at HairlossTalk.com"....

crissakes...you know nothing!!!!

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Squee j'ai une petite question stp, et je me permet de Telogen Effluvium la poser en francais a cause de mon niveau d'anglais approximatif lol, sa fait 3 semaine que j'utilise le dermarolling 2.0mm au niveau des golfes et de ma ligne frontal et ce jusqu'a qu'il y est ecoulement de sang(1fois/semaine, minoxidil 24h aprés), et je subis un gros shedding specialement au niveau de cette region, tu penses que c'est normal?
Merci de ta reponse sa me stresse trop :s
PS : Merci de t'être battu pour notre pays !!!!!

Yeah man, you tell 'em!

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
You're a fool, period...."Hi, I am DesperateOne....I am not a doctor or a research scientist, but I play one on the web board at HairlossTalk.com"....

crissakes...you know nothing!!!!

All you have done is come here and trash talk in everyone of your posts. What the hell are you eve doing here in the first place? I bet you think you're doing good saying stuff like that and only advocating finasteride and minoxidil because they're FDA approved. Your comments have added to zero for this study, we said since the beginning that we were all experimenting and the patents are out. You need to look at yourself in the mirror at night and get a good look and tell yourself "what I'm I still doing in this planet?"

I never said anything about being a doctor or anything, I rely mostly on the patents and on people that interpret them. So my answers are not coming out of nowhere, but your armchair scientist ego won't let you look further.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello quys
New member, so i can't post a link.
It's follica patent, published at august 2012.
I don't know if has already posted, but by reading the whole thread i didn't saw anything about EGFR inhibition.

So please go to google and paste this

patents/US 8252749

then follow the first link.

It is a long text, so please read carefull.

A few parts from that patent.

Long post i guess...but i think that the only way to be sure that the skin stem cells will differentiate to a dermal papilla cells, after wounding, is by blocking at some point EGFR.

I know that indian study has show good results by dermaroller once a week, but if 1.5mm dr is enough for causing deep wound, (i am not sure about that although) then doing that every week, we just restart the whole process from the beginning, according follica's patent; and we do not give enough time and space for new hair follicle development.

Great info!

More to look into the wounding method and follow Follica more so than the dermarolling study. I want ALL my hair back, not just some. That should be the greater initiative than dermarolling.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me and other laymen here what an EGFR inhibitor is. And how do we get one? Does it even exist?

TNTS

Reaction score
That patent says 2012, so how is that new. In any case, after reading this it looks like we need to get our hands on egfr inhibitor. They say it can be found in creams and lotions and applied topically. This is what we needed I believe, this is the final piece of the puzzle! We wound -> apply minoxidil after a couple of hours -> and also egfr inhibitor daily and one important thin is to wait for at least 14 days after wounding. I am a fool for trying to wound every six days. Anyways, we still need the optimal depth for this procedure and we will be gooden, I personally think it's going to be 2mm based in derma rolling experience. Obviously the next step is to find where we can get this egfr inhibitor, I saw a website selling it but they probably only sell to research labs. I am sure some knowledgeable forum members will find a topical already on the market that contains this. Dammit Rambo, we need you now!!!

I didn't said that was new, but it's not very old also. I just said that in follica patent, Egfr inhibitor is the primary weapon for every new hair follicle development.
I don't think that if we be able to found something for blocking egfr in the scalp, it should be for a long time, because of the side effects that may be occure, but just until the epidermis stem cells take the message for differentation to a dp cells during wound healing. So, that way, we avoid the possibility that new skin and not hair follicle, will be the results of the wound.
But, even if new hair follicle show up, by blocking Egfr, it will be larger and stronger, as the patent says.

All egfr inhibitor drugs that reffered in the patent, are way too pricey, except leflunomide. At least in Europe.
I have no idea about how dangerous leflunomide is, i haven't searching it.
I just mention it.

Inhibition of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase activity by leflunomide.

Department of Immunology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany.

The active metabolite of leflunomide, A77 1726 inhibits the proliferation of a variety of mammalian cell lines in culture. Epidermal growth factor (EGF)-dependent proliferation is inhibited by A77 1726 at an effective dose of 30-40 microM. A77 1726 appears to directly inhibit the EGF receptor tyrosine-specific kinase activity both in intact cells and purified EGF receptors at the same effective dose. These data suggest that leflunomide inhibits cellular proliferation by the inhibition of tyrosine-specific kinase activities.

There is also and natural egfr inhibitors, like liposomal curcumin, but it blocks alot of other things and i don't know what we really need in healing process.

curcumin.jpg

Sparky4444

Reaction score
All you have done is come here and trash talk in everyone of your posts. What the hell are you eve doing here in the first place? I bet you think you're doing good saying stuff like that and only advocating finasteride and minoxidil because they're FDA approved. Your comments have added to zero for this study, we said since the beginning that we were all experimenting and the patents are out. You need to look at yourself in the mirror at night and get a good look and tell yourself "what I'm I still doing in this planet?"

I never said anything about being a doctor or anything, I rely mostly on the patents and on people that interpret them. So my answers are not coming out of nowhere, but your armchair scientist ego won't let you look further.

I'm doing this, but on a very small area of my scalp...so blow me --- I've been at this game for more years than you can even count to....

....but you're going off on so many tangents it's ridiculous...and the problem is that a LOT of desperate people are reading this...you're making up new rule, routines, blah, blah without one SHRED of scientific skill or expertise...

...it's effin ridiculous

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I'm doing this, but on a very small area of my scalp...so blow me --- I've been at this game for more years than you can even count to....

....but you're going off on so many tangents it's ridiculous...and the problem is that a LOT of desperate people are reading this...you're making up new rule, routines, blah, blah without one SHRED of scientific skill or expertise...

...it's effin ridiculous

You have been doing this for so many years... OH, what a big man you are!!!

As I stated before, there is two things going here, one is the protocol followed by the study, the other is us trying to replicate follicas method, why can't you just draw a diagram or something of it so it can stay inside you skull. I also stated that if people don't read enough or care about registering to a simple forum, then they have it coming.
I have not gone on any tangents, all the things I post are relavent to wound theory.

Every time something new comes out that we need, obviously I will say we should discuss it, just like the news about this inhibitor which looks like a vital piece of the puzzle.

Finally, for the nth time, I said this is all experimentation and have nver said to replicate what I do.
I am here in the frontier trying to make history but people like you are afraid of success with your old school mentality.

terrybart518

Reaction score
Ok I started a few days ago and I wanted to share my thoughts. From reading the forum in the last few hours, I am convinced that we need to heavily wound the area and you should be bleeding. It's also important to take safety precautions like sanitizing your dermaroller before every needling session. I think lots of us including myself are scared with needling too hard, but this is probably the most important aspect to success I am on minoxidil + semen (eek) and daily massage. My hair looks healthier today

mas80

Reaction score
Hello quys
New member, so i can't post a link.
It's follica patent, published at august 2012.
I don't know if has already posted, but by reading the whole thread i didn't saw anything about EGFR inhibition.

So please go to google and paste this

patents/US 8252749

then follow the first link.

It is a long text, so please read carefull.

A few parts from that patent.

Long post i guess...but i think that the only way to be sure that the skin stem cells will differentiate to a dermal papilla cells, after wounding, is by blocking at some point EGFR.

I know that indian study has show good results by dermaroller once a week, but if 1.5mm dr is enough for causing deep wound, (i am not sure about that although) then doing that every week, we just restart the whole process from the beginning, according follica's patent; and we do not give enough time and space for new hair follicle development.

So maybe we should be rolling once a month instead of once a week?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Ok I started a few days ago and I wanted to share my thoughts. From reading the forum in the last few hours, I am convinced that we need to heavily wound the area and you should be bleeding. It's also important to take safety precautions like sanitizing your dermaroller before every needling session. I think lots of us including myself are scared with needling too hard, but this is probably the most important aspect to success I am on minoxidil + semen (eek) and daily massage. My hair looks healthier today

See..this is what I mean....Your hair won't look freakin healthier after ONE EFFIN DAY!!!

TNTS

Reaction score
Well, this is the drugs that follica mention in her patent. It is drugs against cancer.

leflunomide
gefitinib
erlotinib
lapatinib
canertinib
vandetanib
pelitinib

The only affordable is leflunomide. At least in europe.
The other drugs are way too pricey.

Inhibition of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase activity by leflunomide.

The active metabolite of leflunomide, A77 1726 inhibits the proliferation of a variety of mammalian cell lines in culture. Epidermal growth factor (EGF)-dependent proliferation is inhibited by A77 1726 at an effective dose of 30-40 microM. A77 1726 appears to directly inhibit the EGF receptor tyrosine-specific kinase activity both in intact cells and purified EGF receptors at the same effective dose. These data suggest that leflunomide inhibits cellular proliferation by the inhibition of tyrosine-specific kinase activities.

I have no idea how dangerous is leflunomide as topical application. I haven't yet searching on this.
There is also and natural egfr antagonist, like liposomal curcumin, but it blocks and other things too, as for example b catenin, so i don't know if is gonna be beneficial.

curcumin.jpg

TNTS

Reaction score
The only affordable drug from follica patent is leflunomide. (all drugs against cancer)

The other drugs, are way too pricey. At least in Europe.

I have no idea how dangerous is leflunomide as topical application. I haven't yet searching on this.
There is also and natural egfr antagonist, like liposomal curcumin, but it blocks and other things too, as for example b catenin, so i don't know if is gonna be beneficial.

zombiehair

Reaction score
Interesting post TNTS.

The only EGFR inhibitor I can find that might be obtainable is in Tatties potato's.

Not sure How It would be extracted.

Interesting read.

TNTS

Reaction score
i have try to post some other info too, but i get message that admin should be approve this and then i lose my whole post. Very annoying...i don't know why this happen.

some posts show up now in the back pages...what a mess

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Super, maybe you have already answered this, but anyway. When you first started doing this dermaroller thing for the firs time, were you already on finasteride, or did you started finasteride and dermaroller at the same time?...

Also, you said before that the whole procedure takes you like 40 minutes. But that is taking into account the peeling formula, washing your hair, and the anesthesia. Like how long does the actual rolling last?..

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
3th session of 2.0mm dermarolling just like the clinical trial but only on the temple area and hairline, and i got a ****ing huge shedding on these area, is that a good or bad sign guyz?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
i have try to post some other info too, but i get message that admin should be approve this and then i lose my whole post. Very annoying...i don't know why this happen.

some posts show up now in the back pages...what a mess

Yeah, I had that proem before. For new members, you can't add images north links to anywhere before being approved, after that you can.

Lasers is the only logical step forward.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

That sperm trend is ****ing ridiculous. Walking all day with a load of your c*m won't change the game of hairloss. Quit the madness.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I had that proem before. For new members, you can't add images north links to anywhere before being approved, after that you can.

Lasers is the only logical step forward.

Laser resurfacing been out there for years.. I don't recall seeing anybody with the barbecue guy results yet anywhere with ****ing laser.. stop polluting this thread with ****ing laser ****. The problem is deep in the dermis not the epidermis. Start a thread on it.. People come on here and get mixed up with sperm and laser.. WTF!

- - - Updated - - -

3th session of 2.0mm dermarolling just like the clinical trial but only on the temple area and hairline, and i got a ****ing huge shedding on these area, is that a good or bad sign guyz?

Shedding is good. Derma rolling is like a rest button for hair cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.