New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I am finding, this is wonderful news. Now if we can only get the timing right with the wounding theories for the different topicals...

Perhaps seven days post-wounding?
I was thinking of rolling every 2nd Friday. The first 7 days after rolling, I'd use Minoxidil only (not even Lipogaine, as that contains other things like saw palmetto etc).
Then, days 8-14, I'd introduce everything else (yes, even semen, you haters).
Maybe this is where I should use certirizine as well?

Just looked on eBay. Certirizine doesn't seem to be available in Europe. Anyone seen this in Europe?

bhobho

Reaction score
More pics :

I am recovering from a shed which is totally normal. All these hairs are growing in bald areas. Pretty impressive for 9 weeks in of rolling. I used the 2.5mm last week and still recovering from it as you can see the dead skin left on my pumpkin. Patience and consistency are the keywords!

- - - Updated - - -

Read the effin thread. That input is useless. The study don't use the derma roller for better absorption of Minoxidil, they use it to induce growth factors, platelets and progenitor cell for reconstruction.

Hi squuegee, i'm a new member, i' m italian so sorry for my english. I thank you a lot for your photo. I have some question, i hope you reply to.
-Do you use minoxidil alone after rolling?
- How long before your skin become "normal" again after rolling?
-Do you have some pics with no zoom or more distant than the last pics ?

Thx a lot. Bye

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
@Rambo, quick question, this in theory should be achieve able in any part of the body right? I can grow half a beard, but not in some places, do you think that this might even possible in that case? I would think so since of the hairy hand and the guys with significant wounds in other areas.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Also, I think it's time that we open another thread especifially for trying to replicate follicas method as close as we can and let this one focus only on the initial trial. Maybe then we won't get crap from angry little army men.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Same deal.

All results I get are from sellers abroad (Thailand & USA).

Of course you can get cetirizine in almost every country of Europe. Cetirizine is one of the most common and cheap drugs you can get. In fact, you don't even have to buy it online (though it may be cheaper this way). You can get it on any local drugstore

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seems its a drug decreasing allergies effects , maybe the same compound used is in some other anti allergy product.
Many anti allergic drugs decrease PGD-2 systemically. Not a huge coincidence.

Public service announcement: To figure out in how far the balding scalp is different from the not-yet-balding scalp, I took a thermal photo of my head from above today. Maybe someone can deduce some useful info from it to find out what is different about the skin in balding areas? See this thread.

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
In the meantime, I am sick of all the childish nagging here, I am not commenting in this thread anymore.

Nooooooooo! Please, don't leave us.

funny-cute-sad-cat-kitten.jpg

We are many who value your input here immensely. (there will probably be hundreds of users who are not registered who value you just as much)

If there is a private thread, I'd very much like to be part of it.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Nooooooooo! Please, don't leave us.

funny-cute-sad-cat-kitten.jpg

We are many who value your input here immensely. (there will probably be hundreds of users who are not registered who value you just as much)

If there is a private thread, I'd very much like to be part of it.
Seconded.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Also, I think it's time that we open another thread especifially for trying to replicate follicas method as close as we can and let this one focus only on the initial trial. Maybe then we won't get crap from angry little army men.

Do that..but that will be a completely futile process...there is no way you can reproduce what they're doing because YOU DON'T KNOW what they're doing!!!!

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Just looked on eBay. Certirizine doesn't seem to be available in Europe. Anyone seen this in Europe?

Jesus Christ, mate. Cetirizine is available everywhere. Have you tried looking in your local supermarket? Hayfever tablets, man.

I used Cet for around 9 months, stopping only to try this wounding regime. I would say that the "horror stories" of permanent sheds are most likely BS.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Do that..but that will be a completely futile process...there is no way you can reproduce what they're doing because YOU DON'T KNOW what they're doing!!!!
I don't know what is your personal vendetta is against me. We know the science behind wounding, which is what they're are using to create new follicles. I thought it was obviously implied that we are trying to replicate based on the science, not because we had someone watching every one of their experiments. The patents have all the information we need, and we may be missing some stuff, but we can still achieve some level of success because all the pieces of the puzzle are adding up.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what is your personal vendetta is against me. We know the science behind wounding, which is what they're are using to create new follicles. I thought it was obviously implied that we are trying to replicate based on the science, not because we had someone watching every one of their experiments. The patents have all the information we need, and we may be missing some stuff, but we can still achieve some level of success because all the pieces of the puzzle are adding up.

Companies always "coded" their patterns so competitors can't just copy and paste their ideas, then built something better and sell it to the public..Hairloss is a billion dollars industry..I have nothing against Follica's method at all and admire guys pro activity.... Just start a thread just like the semen's one that you like so much.. so people don't get mixed up with the derma-rolling study.

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Well said Squeegee. This thread has become madness. It is so hard to keep up with because people like Desperate One and Rambo are corrupting it. TBH I trust in what Squeegee says because I have been coming here for two years and I have never seen him this excited in a method before. He has seen results so I trust in what he says. Please calm down in this forum. I work 12 hour shifts 6 days a week so it is hard ciphering through all the bs. Take care everyone

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Well said Squeegee. This thread has become madness. It is so hard to keep up with because people like Desperate One and Rambo are corrupting it. TBH I trust in what Squeegee says because I have been coming here for two years and I have never seen him this excited in a method before. He has seen results so I trust in what he says. Please calm down in this forum. I work 12 hour shifts 6 days a week so it is hard ciphering through all the bs. Take care everyone

yeah..exactly...plus that Kermit gif is effin' hilarious!!

- - - Updated - - -

I did NOT attack you, I said that to duplicate Follica's process is TOTALLY USELESS!!! They have been doing secret research for years and years using millions of dollars of funding -- you're going to just waste your time trying to chase it down!!! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Donc83

Established Member
Reaction score
Man I just rolled my haead for the second time. I have a 2.0 mm. Blood everywhere. Rolled for about ten minutes. Pulled a bunch of hair out. I am not using a topical though. Is it pointless to roll without a topical?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Donc83, don't try to be the victim of this, we were genuinely trying to add to the study and added stuff we saw would only improve the results, and it was all
backed up with patents and medial journals, not bro-science as you guys seem to love so much. So if you trust him so much, then you might as well go buy some
Vaginal cream %4.

@Sparks, I said some of us are trying to replicate Follica's method as best as we can, based on the science and on the patents. What we were suggesting was not really so different from what you guys are doing here, we just added a few ideas, that's all. Just like Squeegee advocates for Vaginal cream, so can we also advocate for other topicals. It just happens that that semen is a powerhouse, not that we are happy that we have to apply it.

Status
Not open for further replies.