New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzeris

Reaction score
Dermapen sounds good! but you do know that you properly covered the area? Do you need somebody else to do the vertex area? LOL

- - - Updated - - -
no vertex issues for me just the hairline, so enough mirror and some brave stabbing moves :))

- - - Updated - - -

good to know, could you put a link of what specific tool u used?

cheapest from ebay :) with yellow handle

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score
Between, at some point in the future I will post full details pictures of my progress. I have started treatment exactly on feb 15 2013, I never even used minoxidil until I started dermarolling about 6 or so weeks ago. I was almost a full norwood 7 (my username in other forums is actually norwood100, that's how bad my hair loss was), meaning a full pronounced norwood 6 with the remaining hair not growing past a cm in length, no matter how long I waited before shaving it all off. I just ignored my hair loss for the past 14 years and let it creep in. I am almost a norwood 2, yes a norwood 2. I never had receding hairline, I was just born with that high hairline, dad and brothers all have the same hairline, no single male in my family never receded and ever even thinned anywhere, and my son has the same high hairline the day he was born. What I am getting at is I am close to restoring everything, from nothing. Recently I keep buzzing my hair all over almost every week to allow for better dermarolling as it makes it that much easier to apply topicals, it is growing that fast, whereas before I wouldn't cut the norwood area for a year and it wouldn't make a difference,the hair just would not grow, period. I was going to post pictures after I saw amazing results with calcipotriol and other internals but I will refrain for a couple more months still as wound healing is resulting in new hair filling in more and more everyday.

Would love to see those pics, also are you following the study exactly or are you adding anything else in. I understand from reading a previous post that you are only rolling every two weeks, is that still the case?

I have been on minoxidil for 7 years, I stopped proprecia four years ago due to sides.... Very scary sides!!!

I am a diffuse NW5 and I am four weeks in now, and have lost density since I started so am really hoping this will start working soon :S

I am using a 1.5mm roller every week with minoxidil foam twice a day 24 hours post wounding... I was doing the man juice however recently getting a GF has put a stop to that!

Finally I would like to say thank you for all your time spent in researching and posting interesting articles and putting them into terms that I, and I expect many others, can understand!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thread has been cleaned up. All squeaky clean now.

Kirby - careful on venemously cussing out the moderators. Not necessary to get that intense.

My take: Squeege wants to focus on dermaroller in a dermaroller thread. Understandable. Semen and lasers might come up Squeege. Just redirect conversation back on topic. If it becomes a jizz fest, we will filter the thread accordingly. Removed several posts, edited a few others (just the expletives). You guys owe me 30 minutes of my life back :) Princess - your input here is valuable. Differing opinions are valuable always. Discussion ensues. Of course to everyone: Try to be respectful to eachother. Squeege - had to remove all the "why dont you go jerk off" type comments. Omit if possible. You guys already know this stuff. We all had moms. :) Play nice. Put eachother on ignore if necessary. etc etc etc.

Admin

thinningTooSoon

Reaction score
Thanks, no I am not following the study, not even close, I followed the timeframe initially but after investigating different types of wound depth and closures and time frames, I found it completely idiotic to butcher my scalp every week. The first topical I use is calcipotriol right away when I wound and use it frequently the first couple of days as the VDR has been shown critical for hair stem cell growth in many researches. I also use minoxidil everday, up to 4 times a day the first week (I am not advising this as I am no medical doctor, I just have zero side effect when I don't sleep with the stuff rubbing in my eyes), I use other stuff too (not gonna talk about semen as it has resulted in childish comments), including daily topical capsaicin, the second week of recovery I keep using all the previous stuff and add keto 1% in a caffeine shampoo + capsaicin 3 times a day, rubbed together into the scalp and I just let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and wash my hair, this burns, but it's not too bad. As far as internals, I don't use any pharmaceutical drugs, not gonna comment on natural stuff because again, it's gonna result in retarded comments like: "I have used this since I was a fetus in my mama's belly and didn't do $hit", I have done my research and seen valid evidence of some stuff working incredibly well under certain conditions, and that's good enough for me...

Thank you, you are obviously an intelligent guy, so please don't let other people's opinions stop you sharing your experiences. It sounds like you are making some seriously impressive progress, so internals and topicals, wherever they are sourced, are all relevant in my opinion!

F**k the haters!!!

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys, srsly, put aside your personal differences. We may have different political views, but at the end of the day we all just want one thing: keeping or even restoring our hair. Could you please disregard other people's avatars, signatures, and off-topic statements? Thanks. We came pretty far in a community effort: digging up research, replicating studies, and even trying to improve them. Let's not jeopardize this.

princessRambo, would you please be so kind as to provide your photos now? Even if the results aint perfect, going from NW7 to almost NW2 is frakkin impressive nonetheless. Having documented progress alongside with a detailed regimen is extremely useful for everyone around here, especially given such great results. You can still update your results thread later, once you think your recovery is "complete" enough.

super

Reaction score
7th Week Update: I'm getting a huge amount of vellus hairs, to the point where in certain lighting it can appear that I have ALOT of hair. There is without a doubt something positive occurring for me. If those hair even remotely turn dark, I would say this treatment is miraculous. Note: I have very diffuse hairloss with only about 30% hair left.

51rwkYT.jpg

The vellus hairs are everywhere, but you cannot see them in this picture apart from the top left and right area where the light hits them correctly. But they are everywhere in between the few dark hairs.

The experience i have is making me very confident. I really do think this is a cure. A slow one, but it is. With time, the "new hair appearences" will be even better. Use minoxidil, don't forget about it. In my experience, it is the minoxidil that prevents the new hair from falling and allows it to grow.

guys, would suggest to use dermastamp/pen instead of dermaroller, so much less painful and no pulled hair. Just did my first sesion with the pen, takes a bit longer but so much easer.

My doctor (he has being doing the procedure on me) actually wanted to use the dermapen, but it was expensive at the time. So it probably works as well. Still, as squeege said, you have to be carefull not to leave "blind spots".

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@jason5: All the terminal hair in the middle of your crown, are those new or are they "survivors" of your male pattern baldness?

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Just want to say for all the guyz here who still got a full head of hair, that's my case, i'm like a nw1.5 with a little temple recession/thinning.
So i'm not using the dermaroller for the baldspot cause i don't have baldspots yet, i'm using it on area with some hair, And i can tell you that the dermaroller will make your hairs going trought a shed, my temples(and only my temples) took a big hit since the beginning of the use of a dermaroller.
I hope that its a good sign cuz i really lost so much hair in the space of few weeks

1st august-1st september : 1.0mm dermaroller
1st september-today:2.0mm dermaroller
Also using minoxidil like the study
Bibz, are you on finasteride, and did you use minoxidil before your dermarollin' regimen began?

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Did second rolling friday. Small bit more blood this time. Pressed very hard but didnt hurt any worse. Redness went away in about 4 hours, soreness 24 or so hours.

princessRambo

Established Member
Reaction score
I think have of your problems would go away if you got rid of that stupid avatar...
Sorry my signature, avatar or posts bother you so much. I will go ahead and clean up the mess I have caused. I don't personally get anything from posting stuff except I think it helps out people and we all learn a lot from each other, researching stuff allows me to broaden my knowledge about why I was balding in the first place. I tried to delete my account by I can't find any settings to do, so admin please delete my account, I will go ahead and remove my posts so it doesn't cause a personal vendetta against me or anyone. I wish you all the best in life, hopefully a cure will be found someday so that we don't have to go to extreme measure to fight this condition. Peace!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
....peeeeeeeeeeople....we are FAR from calling this a cure!!!!!! c'mon!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry my signature, avatar or posts bother you so much. I will go ahead and clean up the mess I have caused. I don't personally get anything from posting stuff except I think it helps out people and we all learn a lot from each other, researching stuff allows me to broaden my knowledge about why I was balding in the first place. I tried to delete my account by I can't find any settings to do, so admin please delete my account, I will go ahead and remove my posts so it doesn't cause a personal vendetta against me or anyone. I wish you all the best in life, hopefully a cure will be found someday so that we don't have to go to extreme measure to fight this condition. Peace!

c'mon!! You're being toooo sensitive...Squeegee has SLAMMED me at times to...that's just the way he is...it's the INTERNET, it's not the real world...

...just stick with it and have fun...I think fighting male pattern baldness should be "fun"!!!....I think most of us are so frustrated fighting this thing and feel defeated that we lash out a lot easier..

...the only problem with the semen thing is that I don't think it gets absorbed easily...plus I have to wait until later in the evening to jerk it and most days I'm too tired by then -- not a joke, I'm serious lmao!!

:grouphug:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
PrincessRambo! WTF? you gave up already? get your arse back here ASAP. :salut:

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
so admin please delete my account

Don't leave princessRambo. We need your input. You've been the most interesting poster to read in this thread. We do need to follow how your idiosyncratic approach to treatment is going in the next few months. Same thing with no-minoxidil guys like benjt. The colonel moutarde doesn't deserve to see you go.

Whatever you decide, bravos for your success so far and thanks for your valuable inputs here. :salut:

Squeegee, retire cette putain de grenouille à la con !

RisingFist

Reaction score
Rambo, you are better then letting others get their way. Many of us value your opinion much more then most other members. Don't delete your posts and don't delete your account. If you find someone immature, think of the lives they have. It's probably hard and people of value do not stay near that baggage so it's not worth taking things too personally. Life is short as it is.

...I'm getting a new credit card in the mail this week so I'll order a roller, but I may do more research on the dermapen since it seems more feasible to use.

Edit: ...too late. Most of his posts from the last 10 days are gone. Too bad, such good information.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Don't leave princessRambo. We need your input. You've been the most interesting poster to read in this thread. We do need to follow how your idiosyncratic approach to treatment is going in the next few months. Same thing with no-minoxidil guys like benjt. The colonel moutarde doesn't deserve to see you go.

Whatever you decide, bravos for your success so far and thanks for your valuable inputs here. :salut:

Squeegee, retire cette putain de grenouille à la con !

Roger that Odal LOL!!!

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
PrincessRambo, please, come back to us. I'm certain that there's much we can potentially accomplish here on HairLossTalk.com once some of us crazy lot belatedly get their acts together.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Just received my 3 tubes of Numbfast:
Directions for use: Apply before tattoo or as directed by physician. Results vary depending on location. For best results apply a thin layer and rub in, then apply a second layer on top. Wrap area with plastic wrap for 90 minutes. thicker skin requires longer time to absorb the cream than thinner skin. Never cover more than 20% of your body at one time!

http://www.numbfast.com/shop/products/NumbFast-Numbing-Cream,-1%2dTube.html

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Rambo,

You are the only thing standing between me and absolute baldness. :( :freaked2:
Please don't go. We need you.

I think its only one or two members who have attacked you (?), whereas we are many times more who applaud your excellent posts here. (even one of your attackers is asking you to stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.