New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Miconazole Nitrate is an azole which inhibit cytochrome p450. It inhibits the conversion of of cholesterol to androgen in your skin. It also contains nitrate which is a precursor of Nitric Oxide. Miconazole is used to treat skin infections such as athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm, and other fungal skin infections (candidiasis). This medication is also used to treat a skin condition known as pityriasis (tinea versicolor), a fungal infection that causes a lightening or darkening of the skin of the neck, chest, arms, or legs.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Man I just rolled my haead for the second time. I have a 2.0 mm. Blood everywhere. Rolled for about ten minutes. Pulled a bunch of hair out. I am not using a topical though. Is it pointless to roll without a topical?

I would think this could still work without applying a topical. minoxidil just helps things along, I think. Keep us updated anyway, would be interesting to note the results.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
we've had numerous complaints about this thread and the behaviour of some of the members here

is it impossible for you guys to have discussions without flaming each other like children?

pack it in, or this whole thread will be locked down

:nono:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Man I just rolled my haead for the second time. I have a 2.0 mm. Blood everywhere. Rolled for about ten minutes. Pulled a bunch of hair out. I am not using a topical though. Is it pointless to roll without a topical?

See, that is the part that we don't know.This is why you should stick to the study at least.. but who knows?? People out there get great results micro wounding their faces. nothing involved except time!! I just think myself that minoxidil just speed up the results.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This has been a very helpful thread for me, so I hope it doesn't get shut down. At the end of the day, we're all trying to achieve the same thing.

On another note, I've decided to stop Topical spironolactone for now since I don't know what effect it will have on the wounding/healing process. Only topical I'm going to do (at least for the next few months) is minoxidil. I might consider adding cetirizine once we have a good idea of when it's a good time to incorporate it after wounding.

dzeris

Reaction score
guys, would suggest to use dermastamp/pen instead of dermaroller, so much less painful and no pulled hair. Just did my first sesion with the pen, takes a bit longer but so much easer.

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
guys, would suggest to use dermastamp/pen instead of dermaroller, so much less painful and no pulled hair. Just did my first sesion with the pen, takes a bit longer but so much easer.

good to know, could you put a link of what specific tool u used?

jason5

Reaction score
7th Week Update: I'm getting a huge amount of vellus hairs, to the point where in certain lighting, it can appear that I have ALOT of hair. There is without a doubt something positive occurring for me. If those hairs even remotely turn dark, I would say this treatment is miraculous. Note: I have very diffuse hair loss with only about 30% hair left.

AfPTM7J

Here is a pic, you can see the vellus hairs at the outer edges. They are everywhere, but cannot be seen in this picture as they disappear from the front angle.

jason5

Reaction score
7th Week Update: I'm getting a huge amount of vellus hairs, to the point where in certain lighting it can appear that I have ALOT of hair. There is without a doubt something positive occurring for me. If those hair even remotely turn dark, I would say this treatment is miraculous. Note: I have very diffuse hairloss with only about 30% hair left.

51rwkYT.jpg

The vellus hairs are everywhere, but you cannot see them in this picture apart from the top left and right area where the light hits them correctly. But they are everywhere in between the few dark hairs.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Dermapen sounds good! but you do know that you properly covered the area? Do you need somebody else to do the vertex area? LOL

Jacob

Reaction score

Much easier and it's nice to be able to change the length. On it being less painful...I wouldn't know- never used the 1.5+ dermaroller.

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score
Much easier and it's nice to be able to change the length. On it being less painful...I wouldn't know- never used the 1.5+ dermaroller.

You can also use the dermaroller as a stamp. I go so slowly sometimes with the roller that it's pretty much similar. That being said I do think rolling creates more damage as needles don't only get inserted, they're moving inside each wound as you roll. Unlike the stamp.

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
Just want to say for all the guyz here who still got a full head of hair, that's my case, i'm like a nw1.5 with a little temple recession/thinning.
So i'm not using the dermaroller for the baldspot cause i don't have baldspots yet, i'm using it on area with some hair, And i can tell you that the dermaroller will make your hairs going trought a shed, my temples(and only my temples) took a big hit since the beginning of the use of a dermaroller.
I hope that its a good sign cuz i really lost so much hair in the space of few weeks

1st august-1st september : 1.0mm dermaroller
1st september-today:2.0mm dermaroller
Also using minoxidil like the study

Jacob

Reaction score
You can also use the dermaroller as a stamp. I go so slowly sometimes with the roller that it's pretty much similar. That being said I do think rolling creates more damage as needles don't only get inserted, they're moving inside each wound as you roll. Unlike the stamp.

If you want more "damage"..go with the vibrating one as I mentioned previously. But not the cheap ones.

Just in case anyone is confused..there's a difference between the stamps and the pens. Here's one of the pens and how it works:
http://dermapen.com/demo/
http://www.youtube.com/user/dermaPen That one also explains what's going on in your skin from the use of these type of devices..

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone is confused..there's a difference between the stamps and the pens. Here's one of the pens and how it works:
http://dermapen.com/demo/
http://www.youtube.com/user/dermaPen That one also explains what's going on in your skin from the use of these type of devices..

I'm seriously considering a DermaPen. Pity I cannot find it in Europe. (getting it shipped here from the US will be pricey (taxes)).

All I could find in Europe, was the DermaJet. But that one looks like its gone out of business?

I think a DermaJet/Pen will work well with longer hair, too.

Jacob

Reaction score
Well check Ebay etc..there's been more sources since I first posted about them- which wasn't too long ago!

The DermaJet most likely will be out again. And there are other companies with them as well, not just the one I linked to in my previous post. Amazon has at least one of them...

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Well check Ebay etc..there's been more sources since I first posted about them- which wasn't too long ago!

The DermaJet most likely will be out again. And there are other companies with them as well, not just the one I linked to in my previous post. Amazon has at least one of them...

I actually use the roller like a stamp as well..press in, lift, then repeat...

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
Princess, what about that zyrtec stuff? how could it theoretically benefit us? :)

Just asking cause I got some at my disposal and I could give it a shot... I would rather do that then rubbing my man-gravy on my head :D after all... I still have some dignity left (for now)

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
The zyrtec stuff has been used in the past by various users across various forums to blunt PGD2 in the scalp, some people reported success while for others it has been a mixed result. The problem with Androgenetic Alopecia is that not only PGD2 levels get dramatically increased, PGE2 levels drops very sharply as well. Almost all of them failed to address increasing PGE2 while at the same time blunting PGD2 synthesis through the cyclooxygenase pathways or blocking GRP44 binding all together. I suspect the people who got better results used minoxidil or other topical that exogenously increased, even if modestly the level of local scalp PGE2 synthesis. As far as wounding, theoretically if we can time the usage of something like cetirizine hydrochloride to significantly or even moderately reduce the histamine mediated release of prostaglandin D2 from mast cells (which we have a large amount in balding scalp due to fibrosis) we can theoretically induce more de novo hair formation while healing the wound (enhanced if we can express other stuff as well, like fgf9).

I see..... so the problem is that noone has any idea when to take it, how much of it and if it would do any good to us anyway right?

Status
Not open for further replies.