Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Stuie

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 month update. minoxidil bottle with misting spray head. 2 drops sandalore, 2 drops castor oil, 40% rubbing alcohol, 60% bottled water added after a day to make the mix. 1st mix lasted 1 1/2 months. Now on my 2nd bottle. No other things for hairloss are being done. My initial plan was to give it 4 months to assess any possible hair spiked to life coming out of telogen. Spraying 2 times a day, sometimes 3 after a shower. Unsure if absorption goes up or down after a shower. Pores would be open but skin would be hydrated. Hitting it now and then to cover that base.

After one month, small vellus hair was visible in certain light on a bald temples

Now at 2 months 95% of those vellus hairs remain the same but about 5% have grown longer, I guess 3/16" long. Two visible terminal hair 1/4" long have appeared close together in no man's land.

I realize that is nothing. Or if you believe going forward is better than going backward, it is everything. No way I stop before month 4.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 month update. minoxidil bottle with misting spray head. 2 drops sandalore, 2 drops castor oil, 40% rubbing alcohol, 60% bottled water added after a day to make the mix. 1st mix lasted 1 1/2 months. Now on my 2nd bottle. No other things for hairloss are being done. My initial plan was to give it 4 months to assess any possible hair spiked to life coming out of telogen. Spraying 2 times a day, sometimes 3 after a shower. Unsure if absorption goes up or down after a shower. Pores would be open but skin would be hydrated. Hitting it now and then to cover that base.

After one month, small vellus hair was visible in certain light on a bald temples

Now at 2 months 95% of those vellus hairs remain the same but about 5% have grown longer, I guess 3/16" long. Two visible terminal hair 1/4" long have appeared close together in no man's land.

I realize that is nothing. Or if you believe going forward is better than going backward, it is everything. No way I stop before month 4.
When did you start minoxidil? 2 months ago with sandalore?

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's great to hear positive reviews on using sandalore, but seemingly it will become just another possible replacement for Minoxidil.... for someone such as myself who has seen the maximum benefits from Finasteride+Minoxidil+needling combo already (now maintaining at best), is there any point adding it to my regime?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's great to hear positive reviews on using sandalore, but seemingly it will become just another possible replacement for Minoxidil.... for someone such as myself who has seen the maximum benefits from Finasteride+Minoxidil+needling combo already (now maintaining at best), is there any point adding it to my regime?
I have used minoxidil for 2 years in the past and I can say 4 months on sandalore blows it out the water. I suppose everyone reacts different to these things. Not sure on the regrowth factor of sandalore but existing and dying hair becomes stronger and more denser for me anyways

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Talking about regrowth I think there seems to be another hair grown in my mole.

Attachments

• Collage 2019-02-26 13_14_39.jpg
    Collage 2019-02-26 13_14_39.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 827

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Sandalore an anti androgen?
No. The mechanism explained from earlier in the thread

“agonism of the olfactory receptor found in the HF outer root sheath reduces cell apoptosis and increases IGF-1 which promotes the anagen phase, they also found that antagonism inhibits growth.”

This is a wild bro science guess but I don’t see how this would be effective without an anti-androgen. The mechanism looks similar to raspberry ketones.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

“agonism of the olfactory receptor found in the HF outer root sheath reduces cell apoptosis and increases IGF-1 which promotes the anagen phase, they also found that antagonism inhibits growth.”

This is a wild bro science guess but I don’t see how this would be effective without an anti-androgen. The mechanism looks similar to raspberry ketones.
Yes I have thought this that's why I have questioned if taking ru58841 along side it would boost results

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Finasteride works by decreasing 5 alpha reductase which in turn increases IGF-1. IGF-1 seems to be the main culprit when it comes to hairloss. If Sandalore increases IGF-1 more than Finasteride, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that it could be more effective than finasteride.
"In a small uncontrolled study of 9 patients with Androgenetic Alopecia, an increased expression of IGF-1 messenger RNA levels in the DP was associated with patient response to finasteride."

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride works by decreasing 5 alpha reductase which in turn increases IGF-1. IGF-1 seems to be the main culprit when it comes to hairloss. If Sandalore increases IGF-1 more than Finasteride, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that it could be more effective than finasteride.
"In a small uncontrolled study of 9 patients with Androgenetic Alopecia, an increased expression of IGF-1 messenger RNA levels in the DP was associated with patient response to finasteride."
I hope you are right but it’s far from proven. People on this forum have been messing around with topicals that increase dermal IGF-1 for about 11 years. The topic got revived every now and then but no one had success. There is also a study that showed IGF-1 increasing 5AR. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8344190/

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you are right but it’s far from proven. People on this forum have been messing around with topicals that increase dermal IGF-1 for about 11 years. The topic got revived every now and then but no one had success. There is also a study that showed IGF-1 increasing 5AR. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8344190/
Sorry, then that article says that a molecule that increases igf-1 also increases dht? while other articles talk about the increase of igf-1 with positive results. I'm a mess... But it Is true Sandalore increases the thickness and density of the hair quickly.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, then that article says that a molecule that increases igf-1 also increases dht? while other articles talk about the increase of igf-1 with positive results. I'm a mess... But it Is true Sandalore increases the thickness and density of the hair quickly.
I feel like there's a lot more going on than just increased igf 1 that we don't know about

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If finding it hard to believe that these photos are only 4 weeks apart. It's similar lighting and my hair is longer in the right picture but surely that regrowth can't happen in 4 weeks? Maybe I was shedding in the left picture when I switched to ethanol solution and this is the regrowth?? The left picture quality is not great but you can see the hair in it

Attachments

• Collage 2019-02-27 00_50_36.jpg
    Collage 2019-02-27 00_50_36.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 752

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was one of those people, the problem in the past has been relying on in vitro studies or human studies that have no free version with little detail on how much IGF-1 was increased. With Sandalore, we have a well defined study with a very credible researcher.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score