Scaring myself into a hermit life

GeminiX

Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
heed your own advice please and stay sensible.

Really? So I can't join in with the crazy talk too? (I thought it was only Americans who didn't get sarcasm).

Just to be clear (for about the fifth time), I'm *NOT* saying looks don't matter, I'm saying they are no-where near as important as people think.

I'll repeat that, so you don't miss it - I'm NOT saying looks don't matter.

And one more in bold and caps, I'M NOT SAYING LOOKS DON'T MATTER!

Clear yet?

Once again you guys pick one or two points ignore everything else or just make up things that people have not said; or better still move the goal posts completely, just look at how this thread has morphed over the pages.

Clearly you want to believe whatever it is you want to believe and will just make things up to convince yourselves that there is nothing you can do about it.

Good luck with that approach to life, sounds like a real winning strategy.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
It's not because everyone looks at everyone else, it can't be helped.

If you were to only shave half your beard and then go out in public, you WILL notice people's reactions to how you look and it WONT be in your head.
I can agree with that in part.
As I said I have suffered from BDD before, and I hated it when people told me other people reactions where "in my head" where if I had a freaking camera I could show them I was not inventing anything.

Have things changed for me? Not at all. But I have managed the obsessions about it. Although the first signs of hair loss really brought a lot of those feelings again

But I mean. Look at Gemini. In many places I have been, just walking down the street would mean a death sentence for her. Why is that she remains optimistic and people with barely an NW3 feel their lives are over?

And I would really love to have a day with you UC man. As maybe you are not lying, but your case is freaking extreme.
Until I started to lose hair, I never noticed bald guys as anything strange. Even my own father's baldness was just a typical thing for me.

s.a.f

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Couldn't agree more with what you said re Geminix

And ucman is quite an extreme case. Particularly as he actually looks GOOD. He's probably an 8.5 out of 10. In fact he probably would look no better with hair, possibly not as good!

Alot of people dont understand where UCman is coming from.
Its not the overall attractivness its the not having the same as the overwhelming majority. Its the standing out from the norm.

Honestly I think I'd prefer to look like myself as a NW1 than to look like some of the so called hot NW6 guys eg Kelly Slater. Its all about fitting in.

If I see a 300lb guy or a 4'11 guy of course its only human nature to notice their obvious difference from the norm, even though these things are not all that uncommon.

I remember once before my hair transplant's when I was a NW6 that I caught a young NW1 guy at work staring at my head, with a look of bemusement in his eyes. This guy has awesome hair that he spends alot of time styling ect its a big part of who he is. Anyway from the look on his face I swear I could almost read his mind. I could tell he was thinking "Wow imagine not having any hair up there just smooth skin, how would that feel?"

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Perhaps women check him out all the time cos he is good looking and he interprets that as them staring at him in a negative way. Perhaps men make comments about his bald head cos they are envious of his good looks and they want to find a flaw and he interprets that in a negative way. :dunno:

You definitely have a point. Maybe the majority of them check him out and think to themselves "man, he`s hot and he looks like a badass protector"

monty1978 said:
I would be happy if I looked as good as he did. I'd rock the bald badass look with pride, hit the gym a bit and no one would f*ck with me. If he sorted his head out mentally he could find himself a honey!

UCman is not a bad looking dude. To me he rocks the bald look. I would not be suprised if girls check him out regularly. Of every bald guy out there he actually is one of the very few percent who rocks the look in my opinion. If he hit the gym and cheer up a bit, he could get any girl he wants (almost), no bullshit! To be honest, Im not sure if UCman would look better with hair. :dunno:

Nene

Reaction score
UC man, you should post a pic when u had hair so we can see if you looked better with hair.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
What all people do, and want is reflect what they are from the inside to match who they are on the outside. Ego is an important factor here, and baldness is bringing down both oppertunities to reflect who you are to the outside as well as taking a huge f*****g piss on your ego. And honestly, the last one hurts the most. It's where we get stuck on. Or actually, when I say "we" I mean myself.

I'm a hermit, and likely won't ever become anything else. Always was a minimalist with unresolved issues even in my youth. And even then I always was enourmously bothered by my large forhead and how people would make fun of me because of that. And when I got over that, when I finally got some sence of worth- I started to go bald.

And I honestly don't even have it that bad. I 'think' I might have good friends, but I know everyone is talking behind my back about my thinning. Everyone really, there are just a few people I don't suspect that from doing, and know what... I'm always losing those friends. Why? Cause this sh*t is making me a dickhead. A very selfish dickhead. I am consious of this, but honestly everytime I get insecure... this always happens.

My life is totally out of balance. Would do well to get therapy, but nothing worked for me in the past because I'm not willing to co-operate. Which is also why I've scared away all girls in my life who once had a slight interesst in me. I just hate society and would actually do well living far amongst most people. And almost everytime I get some point in which I stand strong, I let myself lose it cause of the balding thing.

I'm also misleading myself greatly. Just a few days ago I updated my thread with pictures, thought I was regrowing hair. But no, it's actually getting worse. Thought Dutasteride would be the amasing cure for me. Turns out I've got the same as most users report from it; it'll destroy the entire hairline.

Seeing as I'm still 20, I realise life will suck. Or at least, life as I view it now. Will probably need to adjust myself of my high standards, and I feel like I lose a lot of personal power by this. And believe it or not, I'm often trying my best to change it all around (my occasional good *hair* day) but I fail. Why? Cause people apperantly already see me as 'that balding guy' while I'm still a super hero in my head. And people used to think I'm awesome, that's the sad truth about it all. They still do actually, but my depression, aloofness, dis-interest and whatever fucked up characteristic I have often ruin it. They often ask me:
"Dude, where's your old self?" I never reply that question. Why? Cause the answer is just so f*****g obvious to me.

That's why I shouldn't see people too long, and need most of my time being alone. I can write contradictions all day if I need to, but I feel like I share too much already. I'm not usually much of a talker, so I think I'll just back off and fade away in my depression again.

If you've read this all and can understand me, bless your soul. I hate this, and I think it'll get a lot worse. I'm also losing a lot of faith in the 'cures' for hairloss. They never seem to work for guys who are destinied to go fully bald early, and fast in life. A category of people I might, or might not fall in. Just like how this fucked up hairdo can either be the result of shedding of my current regime, or progressed hairloss. My spiritual faith is being tested enourmously these days, as I cling on two extremes way, too, fucken much. Soon I might even be chasen out of town. I'm crazy.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
deadlocks said:
What all people do, and want is reflect what they are from the inside to match who they are on the outside. Ego is an important factor here, and baldness is bringing down both oppertunities to reflect who you are to the outside as well as taking a huge f****ing piss on your ego. And honestly, the last one hurts the most. It's where we get stuck on. Or actually, when I say "we" I mean myself.

+1

deadlocks said:
And almost everytime I get some point in which I stand strong, I let myself lose it cause of the balding thing.

You are not alone in this.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
superfrankie said:
You are not alone in this.

I know, which is why I come here. At least here people understand this sh*t.

However, some of you real bald people can suck enourmously as well. Like today.. Met up with an old friend who as far as I can remember is a prominent NW6. Since a pretty young age as well. Always felt for him, even before I myself started losing it. However, it's now apperantly noticeable, and my hair was a f*****g mess cause of the snow, and minoxidil in it.

I made a comment on how much weight he lost, and how he looked better through it. I know this guy hates his hairloss as much as I do, even worse so that's why I wanted to compliment his looks. I could see he liked it. However hear this; we were talking about 'the good old times' and then he suddenly brought up: "Yeah, I remember when we all used to tease you with 'youre going bald, youre going bald', haha." I then thought of coarse "Oh yeah you fuckers did that back then! Great!". Thing is, I was about NW2 back there, and am now an obvious NW3 (even with long hair).

All I want to say to you full headed bald guys: f*** you if you don't take my hair problem serious. My NW3 forehead draws just as much attention as your bald scalp, and heck... I say it even draws more attention when it's noticable, because my hair is long (and it normally covers well, which is why bad hair days are the worst days of my life and I always deal with this sh*t those days) and I'm not even going to consider cutting it. Especially since I WILL get all these mother fuckers to comment about it, which is JUST what my ego needs.

My only hope is to regrow a little on the hairline, so I can be a NW2 again. I think that if I should trust the information I read about the meds here, I should be able to attain this goal. However, as I said before; I think the meds have minimal influence if you're destinied to get fucked over by hairloss anyway. And you know what I mean with that.

But don't worry, I think I hate society even more than I hate hairloss... This wouldn't be so bad if people just had confidence themselves (bald, and non balding people) so they wouldn't treat others like pure sh*t. I hope I can regain my hair, and show people the right way with this...

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
superfrankie said:
I would say a NW3 with deep temples draws more attention than a bald scalp, if you let it grow.

Incorrect.

Your comparison is flawed....

If you are gonna grow it out as a NW3, then lets grow it out as a NW6. See which looks worse. It's not even close.

There is quite the difference in looking like you are balding or going bald, and all you see is "head". I would give my left nut to be a NW3.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
superfrankie said:
I would say a NW3 with deep temples draws more attention than a bald scalp, if you let it grow.

Incorrect.

If you are gonna grow it out as a NW3, then lets grow it out as a NW6. See which looks worse. It's not even close.

There is quite the difference in looking like you are balding or going bald, and all you see is "head". I would give my left nut to be a NW3.

What I meant was that a NW3 draws more attention if you let it grow compared to a slick NW5-7.

s.a.f

Reaction score
superfrankie said:
HatPrisoner91 said:
superfrankie said:

Incorrect.

What I meant was that a NW3 draws more attention if you let it grow compared to a slick NW5-7.

NW6/7 is visable at 100m (from any angle) NW3 is visable at 10m(from the front only).
100% of NW6/7's would love to be NW3. Not many NW3's envy NW6/7's.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, comon seriously guys. Why so stupid?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
monty1978 said:
Couldn't agree more with what you said re Geminix

And ucman is quite an extreme case. Particularly as he actually looks GOOD. He's probably an 8.5 out of 10. In fact he probably would look no better with hair, possibly not as good!

Alot of people dont understand where UCman is coming from.
Its not the overall attractivness its the not having the same as the overwhelming majority. Its the standing out from the norm.

At least somebody gets it.... :whistle:

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

NW6/7 is visable at 100m (from any angle) NW3 is visable at 10m(from the front only).
100% of NW6/7's would love to be NW3. Not many NW3's envy NW6/7's.

IMHO, the moment you develope temples that destroy your chances of having a hairline which frames the face, that is the moment I dont give a f*** about keeping the hair thats left. Its already game over then. If I dont have a straight hairline I dont care if I have a horseshoe aswell.

If a girl had too choose between a shaved NW5-7 and a NW3 who let the hair grow so that the deep temples were extremely noticable, I bet my life that the girl would more likely find the first mentioned more attractive (if it was the same person).

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
superfrankie said:
If a girl had too choose between a shaved NW5-7 and a NW3 who let the hair grow so that the deep temples were extremely noticable, I bet my life that the girl would more likely find the first mentioned more attractive (if it was the same person).

i think if a girl doesnt care if your nw6 shaven, then she wouldnt care if your nw3 with longer hair/shaven whatever.... the diffrence between nw3 and 6 isnt big enough to make a diffrence in ones mind.
(ps i enjoyed reading your last post sf!! seems your growing out of this, which is something i envy alot!!, keep it up m8!)