The Frequent "official" Origin Of My Recent Failures With Women

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In that case, I started watching the pilot episode of Twin Peaks and it was kind of boring. Does it get alot better soon. I never watched it when it aired back in the day but I read it was similar to Stranger Things and Riverdale, so I think I will like it. I finished watching Season 1 of Freakish and 13 Reasons Why and liked both of them. Looking for a new show now and I was thinking Twin Peaks.

You might like 24 Legacy. It's actually fast paced, not boring at all, and well written as well. Of course, it's based of the show 24.

I'm an action movie fan myself. You might like LOGAN, but the part with the comic book reading (in a movie), kind of turned me off. Other than that, it was damn f*****g good action pack movie, in my own opinion.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
highres_444016827.jpeg

reddit meetup

Genetical disposition.

Dude on the right has "please Daeth, take me and release me from this nightmare" look.
The two bald dudes in the middle are virgins.

I would be interested to know how @Dante92 compares to these folks.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You mean the original pilot? I did not think new one aired yet.

Twin Peaks I don't know if the original would hold up today--because it was so unique for time but has such a heavy influence since then on so many shows..

I am looking forward to reboot though out of curiosity.

If you have not watched Leftovers I would recommend it...its odd but really interesting.

The Fall was really good on netflix..Hand Of God was good the first season have not watched since
Mozart in Jungle is really good also but only saw first season its now on season 3.
Better Call Saul is good if you watched Breaking Bad.

The Americans is also very good if you never watched that.
I did not like the Leftovers after a few episodes so I gave up on it. For Twin Peaks, I was referring to the original old episodes. I thought the new episodes on Showtime was just a continuation and not a reboot. But if its a reboot I will just watch that instead. I was a big fan of True Blood.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You might like 24 Legacy. It's actually fast paced, not boring at all, and well written as well. Of course, it's based of the show 24.

I'm an action movie fan myself. You might like LOGAN, but the part with the comic book reading (in a movie), kind of turned me off. Other than that, it was damn f*****g good action pack movie, in my own opinion.
Watched 24 for a while but lost interest in it for some reason.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude on the right has "please Daeth, take me and release me from this nightmare" look.

First guy in stripes is actually not bad face I would say he is a 6.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You better get this thread back on topic soon because if it goes off topic too long it might be deleted. Give it some thought.:D

The old thread is still there by the way. I had asked the mods to either close it or deleted, as had been done for Zircon a few months prior. They chose to delete it, then changed their mind due to complaints of lost likes, restored it as a closed thread. I think Admin said that the new policy would be to close threads rather than delete them.

My only request for this thread is in the opening post, in the first sentence actually. So far, the request is respected, so I'm happy.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean the original pilot? I did not think new one aired yet.

Twin Peaks I don't know if the original would hold up today--because it was so unique for time but has such a heavy influence since then on so many shows..

I am looking forward to reboot though out of curiosity.

If you have not watched Leftovers I would recommend it...its odd but really interesting.

The Fall was really good on netflix..Hand Of God was good the first season have not watched since
Mozart in Jungle is really good also but only saw first season its now on season 3.
Better Call Saul is good if you watched Breaking Bad.

The Americans is also very good if you never watched that.

That's so true. When I look at the action XFiles tv shows (hated the comedy ones), I really liked it much better in the 90s, than I do today. They even have the President at the time hanging on Skinners wall, and it had that 90s "pre internet boom" style on it.

When I watched the 11th season, I liked the first two (were OK). The comedy, and David acting like a stupid idiot, turned me off immediately. I only liked two of the newer shows. The rest, they didn't put much effort into it (writers, that is). Don't think it would be popular today.

I'm probably one of the few people who liked Blair II Book of Shadows better than the original Blair witch (fell asleep during that movie).

Even that movie has a PRE 911 feel to it, and came write after the original. The only reason people didn't like it was because it was OPPOSITE of Blair witch, it had ACTION and the actors in the 2nd were PAID WELL! What a ashame!

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

They're obviously better-looking than me, I'm only looksmatched with the old, bald man on the right, which means I've got the same chances as he would have today in a disco or with online dating. I'd definitely look one of them, maybe I should socialize with those guys who go on religious trips in rome, they're all below average, I'd fit well. I'm atheist, but that's secondary.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's so true. When I look at the action XFiles tv shows (hated the comedy ones), I really liked it much better in the 90s, than I do today. They even have the President at the time hanging on Skinners wall, and it had that 90s "pre internet boom" style on it.

When I watched the 11th season, I liked the first two (were OK). The comedy, and David acting like a stupid idiot, turned me off immediately. I only liked two of the newer shows. The rest, they didn't put much effort into it (writers, that is). Don't think it would be popular today.

I'm probably one of the few people who liked Blair II Book of Shadows better than the original Blair witch (fell asleep during that movie).

Even that movie has a PRE 911 feel to it, and came write after the original. The only reason people didn't like it was because it was OPPOSITE of Blair witch, it had ACTION and the actors in the 2nd were PAID WELL! What a ashame!

The original Blair Witch gave me a headache. Only one scene scared me because it was creepy..the very end when the guy was standing in corner facing wall was a good image...the rest was like 'meh'.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
The old thread is still there by the way. I had asked the mods to either close it or deleted, as had been done for Zircon a few months prior. They chose to delete it, then changed their mind due to complaints of lost likes, restored it as a closed thread. I think Admin said that the new policy would be to close threads rather than delete them.

My only request for this thread is in the opening post, in the first sentence actually. So far, the request is respected, so I'm happy.
David, did you watch all of the past original episodes of Twink Peaks? If so how was it? Slow or fast paced?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did not like the Leftovers after a few episodes so I gave up on it. For Twin Peaks, I was referring to the original old episodes. I thought the new episodes on Showtime was just a continuation and not a reboot. But if its a reboot I will just watch that instead. I was a big fan of True Blood.

It is a continuation..not a reboot.

If you did not like Leftover you may not like Twin Peaks I don't know for sure...it has the same random weirdness and you don't really 'get' answers too much..I mean you do in Twin Peaks eventually but it's confusing answers if i remember correctly. (have not watched in like 20 years or more)

True Blood was fantastic.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Leftovers is from Damon Lindelof, so I never bothered watching that sh*t. He's a hack writer who relies on manipulation and gimmicks rather than strong story, character work, or structure. I don't think his reputation will ever recover from his "contributions" to Lost, Star Trek into Darkness, and Prometheus.

I liked the first few seasons of True Blood, and the last one might have been good too. Russell Eddington in particular was great. However, they really went off the rails around season 4 or so, too many plot lines such as werepanthers and the fairy village in the other plane that was never followed up on, and they pushed the rape metaphor way too hard so it became uncomfortable.

Battlestar Galactica was good in the first two seasons, but afterwards it relied heavily on acting, directing, and tone to compensate for what was a much weaker story.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Leftovers is from Damon Lindelof, so I never bothered watching that sh*t. He's a hack writer who relies on manipulation and gimmicks rather than strong story, character work, or structure. I don't think his reputation will ever recover from his "contributions" to Lost, Star Trek into Darkness, and Prometheus..

I strongly disagree having watched all of the Leftovers--it's very strong character work. like that is the whole thing is the characters. And the structure is also very strong...the only thing I will say is you are never going to get the answer of what happened to the people who disappeared which will fusrate some people...by the end you are never going to know where they went or why...but the story is more about the people left behind and how this changed them and the journey it sends them on.

it's definitely not for everyone people either love it or hate it but I would not categorize it as 'sh*t'.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
They're obviously better-looking than me, I'm only looksmatched with the old, bald man on the right, which means I've got the same chances as he would have today in a disco or with online dating. I'd definitely look one of them, maybe I should socialize with those guys who go on religious trips in rome, they're all below average, I'd fit well. I'm atheist, but that's secondary.

The old man on the right is decent looking (the three people I mentioned are worse),

Good to confirm that your claims of looking like a freak are nonsense.

You are better looking than me,

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HB, I am sure you watched the first season of Wayward Pines with Matt Dillion( one of your favorites). It was good but the second season jumped the shark.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The old man on the right is decent looking (the three people I mentioned are worse),

Good to confirm that your claims of looking like a freak are nonsense.

You are better looking than me,

If @Dante92 wants chicks, he'll have to rely on his facial hair to showcase his masculinity, like this guy:

JPfomYA.jpg

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
HB, I am sure you watched the first season of Wayward Pines with Matt Dillion( one of your favorites). It was good but the second season jumped the shark.

I did watch the first season and did not care for it too much..and the second season did not bother.

I think the first half of the first season was interesting.

I started to watch American Gods because love the old man in it (cant think of his name) Ian something. But so far I am like 'meh'.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The image of the hot nightclub people that CopeForLife linked to really did hit me as they're basically in a separate universe. I've interacted with some of those people sparingly if they were in my classes at some point, but that's all. Most were not even in my classes, they went to law school, MBA, finance, or medicine (maybe?). If I switched from astronomy to the hedge fund sector I'd probably meet some. I do also notice some very good looking people in the legals sector, I visited a relative in a courtroom recently, there were a lot of good looking lawyers.