Tinder 10/10 Male Experiment

jd_uk

Reaction score
Yeah, duh.

But she's close to what I consider flawless.

I've noticed that most of the girls I find beautiful (as in WOW) got that sharp, but small nose.

Ha..i find that kinda funny because the most beautiful girl I ever saw (and my former huge crush) had quite a big nose. She had amazing bright blue eyes and natural blonde hair and the most feminine voice ever which had me hooked.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I'm too shy for the picture haha

Well, I'll just keep the image in my mind that you look like the Parisienne Bjork. It's a nice image. haha :eek:

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah like she doesn't have perfect face features aesthetically speaking, she's not like a VS model but as I'm in absolute awe when I watch her movies my admiration is limitless ^^

images

Here's a picture of her when she was young. I think she was perfect then and still in a league of her own.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
You might be correct; we don't know what she looks like in real life. But from what I've seen on videos and pictures, she's a stunning girl. And she must have something special as she's one of the most known models right now. So there must be something about her even in real life, if you know what I mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty well, the only issue I had was chapped lips.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to model as well, but it stopped when I was struck by hair loss. Now I feel too insecure to go in front of a camera :(

Sometimes models get chosen because they have the required gawky look. Other times it might be that they're photogenic.

Height plays a role too.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I disagree. I do think there are some rare people who have perfect features from head to toe.

I don't think it's possible when 'looks' are subjective.

And even those people who may seem close to 'flawless' to the average person will have their days when they are not so flawless or will just experience normal human ailments like the rest of us. Nothing is perfect. It's all a bit of an illusion really.

I just got reminded of my old uni housemate. The girls loved him - he had Italian looks...olive skin dark hair and even darker eyes. Sculpted face etc. To be a bit crude..you wouldn't have wanted to walk into his room without covering your nose... the guy had some serious bowel issues or something. He's a bit overweight these daysm

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible when 'looks' are subjective.

And even those people who may seem close to 'flawless' to the average person will have their days when they are not so flawless or will just experience normal human ailments like the rest of us. Nothing is perfect. It's all a bit of an illusion really.

I just got reminded of my old uni housemate. The girls loved him - he had Italian looks...olive skin dark hair and even darker eyes. Sculpted face etc. To be a bit crude..you wouldn't have wanted to walk into his room without covering your nose... the guy had some serious bowel issues or something. He's a bit overweight these daysm

Okay, we'll agree to disagree. I think there is perfection in looks only--and everyone smells bad at one time or another!

jd_uk

Reaction score
I like your views on stuff.

Thanks.

Sometimes i'm just a bit frustrated by how 'shallow' the world can be, or at least how much people try to simplify something so complex. That probably comes across in my posts. All of us are shallow, myself included but much of it comes I think from messages we are fed, social pressures etc.

I remember years ago, a group of friends (male and female) telling me i was lying and that I was crazy for not finding Cheryl Cole, (or whatever she is called now), a UK pop star, attractive. Presumably because she was what society said was beautiful then I as a guy who admittedly would not be considered objetively as attractive as her 'should' have found her beautiful. Stuff like that p*sses me off.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw...joan, not referencing you in that above post. We all have different opinions.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I think there is perfection in looks only

I don't believe in absolute perfection when it comes to looks, but some people (like our girl Candice or Monica Bellucci) comes pretty damn close.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn, this thread got so insanely long today and so quickly! I was gonna comment on some stuff earlier on and now I realized what I was going to comment on is about 7 pages past! Earlier on, David_MPN was talking about not revealing our insecurities to others, as advice to Fred. I have to agree with that for the most part since it can make you more vulnerable to others and then they can take advantage of that. People are constantly looking for weakness in today's game of one-upsmanship, and due to many people's selfish natures, they will look to take advantage of a person's vulnerability, even in the slightest way.

What was interesting though was that the first girl I ever revealed my insecurities about hair loss to was actually very empathetic about it, and in turn confided in me that she was suffering from diffused thinning herself. I'd seen evidence of that when her hair was wet (but never said anything to her about it), but when her hair was dry, her hair loss was unnoticeable. I think a lot of this had to do with the fact that she was a cougar, an older woman that me. One of the girls I dated about a year before her (back when I was very secure with my hair) would've handled what I said probably much differently. She was much younger and we met when she approached me in a bar and said that I looked like a younger Peter Steele from Type O Negative. I surely wouldn't have looked like him if I was bald, and also, she was much younger.

I don't know if perfection really exists among people, that's something that I never really thought about. Prior to hair loss, I really didn't compare myself to anyone else, thinking that they were perfect and wishing that I looked like them. But now that I do suffer from hair loss, I do find myself wishing that I had a full head of hair like many other people that I know. And I believe that certain flaws are much more tolerable to deal with. I was watching a re-run of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air earlier, and one of the characters joked on Will Smith for having big ears. I wouldn't have minded if that happened to me because I don't see that as nearly the outer blemish that advanced hair loss is. Hell, I never minded when my friends even joked about me when I put on a little weight. But hair loss is an entirely different matter.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
F2005;1317478 Prior to hair loss said:
But now that I do suffer from hair loss, I do find myself wishing that I had a full head of hair like many other people that I know. And I believe that certain flaws are much more tolerable to deal with. I was watching a re-run of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air earlier, and one of the characters joked on Will Smith for having big ears. I wouldn't have minded if that happened to me because I don't see that as nearly the outer blemish that advanced hair loss is. Hell, I never minded when my friends even joked about me when I put on a little weight. But hair loss is an entirely different matter.

You've said this before, and I've admired you for that. Hair loss is just the final nail in the coffin for me (well, that and middle age to some extent), and even if it all grew back tomorrow, other things would still continue to get me down. I do wish I could've been comfortable in my own skin for at least some of my life, like you.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't believe in absolute perfection when it comes to looks, but some people (like our girl Candice or Monica Bellucci) comes pretty damn close.

Okay, we'll agree to disagree. I think there is perfection in looks only--and everyone smells bad at one time or another!

Honestly even Monica Bellucci is nothing particularly special in my opinion. Women get fixated on an ideal that's pushed in newspapers and rate themselves negatively in comparison, but as a man I can tell you neither of those two are anything particularly amazing compared to other models and hollywood movie stars. They're all incredible. At least the top 30% of 18-25 year old women you see walking down the street are just as attractive to men as those two.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do wish I could've been comfortable in my own skin for at least some of my life, like you.

I feel you. I wish I could have gone to a public place for once in my life and not be somehow reminded that people didn't like me.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
You've said this before, and I've admired you for that. Hair loss is just the final nail in the coffin for me (well, that and middle age to some extent), and even if it all grew back tomorrow, other things would still continue to get me down. I do wish I could've been comfortable in my own skin for at least some of my life, like you.

I hope you're not saying that you've never felt comfortable in your own skin ever in your life. Joan, you're a beautiful, kind, and down-to-earth woman who everyone loves on here (and I'm sure in real life too). I really wish more women today were like you. I'm sure your husband considers himself very lucky to have you. I am sure other members of your "fan club" on here will agree with me.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Apart from her stunning looks (in her heyday)
I think Madeline Stowe may be one of the finest most understated and underrated actresses in Hollywood.
I was smitten with her ever since I first saw her in Revenge.
She is aging gracefully like a super Tuscany.