Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
I dermapen once a month with the derminator 2, 12 needle cartridge at 1.25 mm on "fast" setting. I get my entire scalp as I'm a diffuse thinner. Hurts like a b**ch, too. Here's a link of what it looks like after five minutes. Since it's not an exact science, I err on the side of caution as to how often I do it. I also started taking a collagen supplement and I spray some Vitamin C on there afterward, which helps collagen production. Probably not necessary, but placebo is a real thing. The Vitamin C comes in a powdered form from the site I bought the derminator from, and it also stings like a son of a b**ch. Since it's uncharted territory, I'm just making it up as I go with the little I know about anatomy. Hope that helps!

I don't use a stamp so it's not quite the same scenario. I just map my head out into three longitudinal sections over my whole scalp and go over it in columns and then three latitudinal sections over my whole scalp and go over it in rows so everything gets hit twice from two directions.

EDIT - MY MISTAKE HE IS USING finasteride, MIN, DERMAPEN and NIZORAL. I FORGOT TO POST THAT.
That is some serious wounding. I don't think my scalp is going to look like that even at 2mm. I've only had one session mind you. Does everyone here look that wounded?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dermapen once a month with the derminator 2, 12 needle cartridge at 1.25 mm on "fast" setting. I get my entire scalp as I'm a diffuse thinner. Hurts like a b**ch, too. Here's a link of what it looks like after five minutes. Since it's not an exact science, I err on the side of caution as to how often I do it. I also started taking a collagen supplement and I spray some Vitamin C on there afterward, which helps collagen production. Probably not necessary, but placebo is a real thing. The Vitamin C comes in a powdered form from the site I bought the derminator from, and it also stings like a son of a b**ch. Since it's uncharted territory, I'm just making it up as I go with the little I know about anatomy. Hope that helps!

I don't use a stamp so it's not quite the same scenario. I just map my head out into three longitudinal sections over my whole scalp and go over it in columns and then three latitudinal sections over my whole scalp and go over it in rows so everything gets hit twice from two directions.

EDIT - MY MISTAKE HE IS USING finasteride, MIN, DERMAPEN and NIZORAL. I FORGOT TO POST THAT.

Damn, that guy must have really sensitive scalp skin. I go 1.75mm derminator fast and NEVER get even close to that much blood

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a reduction in itching after starting dermarolling? And if yes how long after you started?

My itch is pretty bad even on finasteride and other anti androgens.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man ..I think the main reason is that you can roll over you head in many variations and pressures... So people started to roll there temples with low pressure and wanted to get results. This is not a topical all people handle the same

In my mind the key of this project is that you skin has to flask ...so maybe the wounding all the guys here doing is way more effective.

I do know the old thread of baldtruth...and I know all those bloody pics...and I can tell you I was doing the same...rolling with a 1.5 mm dermaroller and I had so much blood on my head like guys in this thread.. now I'm using my dermapen for about 12 minutes way more effective...no blood and way more flakes. maybe that's it I don't know

So now the bleeding is NOT good? I don't know what to believe anymore. Here I was, proud of my bleeding achievements with my last session...but you need flaking? Says who (besides you)?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So now the bleeding is NOT good? I don't know what to believe anymore. Here I was, proud of my bleeding achievements with my last session...but you need flaking? Says who (besides you)?
Bleeding is neither good nor bad. The general consensus is doing it till mild erythema (redness) is achieved. However, depending on the depth you're using, a few blood spots are bound to appear (which was my case on my first session).
You don't need flaking. I didn't have that much flaking at 2 mm applying mild pressure for 10 minutes.
Don't stress it. By the looks of it, you had a good session.
You can always go harder if you're that concerned (don't overdo it, though), but I don't think you need to.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I need to quit reading this thread in case I get myself overhyped and get zero results lol
Haha, do so if you really can't help yourself. Better keep 'em on the ground indeed.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is anyone else's crown really stubborn? I swear my hairline is recovering but my crown is showing basicaly zero progress, and im 2.5 months in. So weird.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I so badly want to know if the minoxidil + microneedling gains can be kept by just microneedling..

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is anyone else's crown really stubborn? I swear my hairline is recovering but my crown is showing basicaly zero progress, and im 2.5 months in. So weird.
A few people are reporting this. Was it the first one to go?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Things like going for bleeding or mild erythrema are just speculation. We don't know which one is optimal for regrowth. People are just following the studies, but the studies didn't test which was the optimal way.
We are still in dark waters. The only think we can do is (1) follow the studies and (2) follow some anecdotal accounts. Neither of them have provided enough info to conclude which is the optimal values of several variables (severity of wounds, needle depth, frequency, etc).

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I so badly want to know if the minoxidil + microneedling gains can be kept by just microneedling..
Only one way to find out, man. But someone here reported a minor shedding after he skipped just one Minoxidil application.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think the hairline and crown kind of started at the same pace, but i always had a high hairline. when the crown started, I knew I was in trouble. But yeah the crown has been the most concerning area and it is thinning more aggressively than the hairline. I guess I just need to wait it out.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't taken pics and haven't looked carefully at my crown, because I promised to myself I will only check carefully at the 3 month mark (in February 1st), but what I have seen in a very shallow manner, yes, my crown seems REALLY stubborn while my hairline seems to be responding. And yes, my crown started thinning first 4 years ago, so that's in line with the idea that recovery happens in the inverse order of thinning, which makes sense.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't taken pics and haven't looked carefully at my crown, because I promised to myself I will only check carefully at the 3 month mark (in February 1st), but what I have seen in a very shallow manner, yes, my crown seems REALLY stubborn while my hairline seems to be responding. And yes, my crown started thinning first 4 years ago, so that's in line with the idea that recovery happens in the inverse order of thinning, which makes sense.
Hopefully that's true and, if it works for me, I get my crown back first. Needs regrowth, but mostly thickening.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
For those that wound and use minoxidil: think we can get away with using minoxidil just once a day instead of twice? I'm currently wounding once a week with a 1.5 mm dermastamp and would love to cut back on twice daily minoxidil applications for convenience.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
P.S-I got a sh*t load of downvote when I explained this in another thread that how needling,scalp massage,decalcification and breaking the fibrotic tissues

speaking of massages, im using this anti cellulite wooden brush (theres plenty on amazon) makes me be able to have a strong blood pumping massage in under 2 minutes, i usually do it when i wake up and before bed (4 minutes a day and easy quality scalp massages).

But nowdays my scalp feels way more elastic and healthier, so i just do it a couple times a week to maintain my scalp without fibrosis. Takes me 2 minutes to have a quality scalp massage without exhausting my fingers/hands. love it

(rub some oil on the wooden sticks so it slides better on your scalp, just put oil once and it will stay dry but lubricated for ages)

img0201-bh49.jpg

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For those that wound and use minoxidil: think we can get away with using minoxidil just once a day instead of twice? I'm currently wounding once a week with a 1.5 mm dermastamp and would love to cut back on twice daily minoxidil applications for convenience.

Of course, I got insane regrowth from Minoxidil and I also only use it once a day.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see the point in saying it doesn't work just because it didn't do anything or little for them. Obviously it works for most, including me, but somehow we're all bullshitting? We are seeing different results, because we all have different hairloss patterns and use different methods of wounding. I suppose the studies must be bullshit too then. People need a reality check.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@NW4Santa has been dermarolling with minoxidil for 6 months and there's no improvement.
1.5 mm first every 3 days for a couple of months, then every week thr next 2 months and then every 10 days.
So either he did something different or yeah, it just doesn't work for everyone