• 20190607_153332.jpg
    20190607_153332.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 921

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Strange thing happened to me.

Was needling every week a few months back for about 3-4 weeks in a row. Then did it every 2 weeks for about a month. Then once a month.

Have not needled now for about 5 weeks. Last 2 weeks or so my diffuse thinning can't be seen in the mirror!

I've taken so many photos with bright lights on and the gaps have gone! My hair feels much thicker too.

I apply minoxidil once a day and can tell when I part my hair the thickness improvement is clear.

I'm thinking maybe it's the regeneration of the scalp and the improvement has started!
Interesting, but confusing as well. We have some cases in which increasing frequency (doing it everyday) suddenly increased regrowth, and now we have the exact opposite pattern (decreasing frequency).
Now the most important question is... Did you start minoxidil at the same time you started needling? Also, could you please provide some before/after pics?

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saying sh*t....I never told i block 100% estrogen...juste limit conversion to have a good balance.
BTW, it's estrogen which are the cause of prostate cancer...not Testo ( i'm dead serious...).

Good luck with your dermapen and brotzu lotion, and, embrace your baldness.

Either you’re misinformed, delusional, or just a sad troll.

I’ve just completed my 4th microneedling session with the pen/minoxidil and I’m already feeling new peach fuzz in my crown and rest of my hair feels much thicker than when I started. So keep trolling for your dick-shrinking-feminizing-cancer inducing drugs.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t estrogen rise in old men and that brings a host of problems like enlarged prostate and gyno. Why doesn’t the hair get better instead of worse?

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, but confusing as well. We have some cases in which increasing frequency (doing it everyday) suddenly increased regrowth, and now we have the exact opposite pattern (decreasing frequency).
Now the most important question is... Did you start minoxidil at the same time you started needling? Also, could you please provide some before/after pics?

I've been on minoxidil for I think about 4 years now.

Initially go great growth and then in the last year or so it started thinning. Still had good amount of hair but diffuse thinning all over where when I took a pic, u could see the gaps clearly.

I've been tempted to try needling and minoxidil at the same time to increase absorption however I'm scared of it going systematic so I just stuck to no minoxidil on the needling day.

In terms of pics, it's not something I keep or post. I regularly take pics and delete them as I can see the difference myself. I probably should have kept a pic diary and updated everything on here but I never did sadly. I also don't pay much notice to small changes like a fewnew hair or a bit of a shed. I only post on here when I see real proper growth.

Like when I took minoxidil, had shedding for about 4 months and then suddenly my hair just came back.

I also use nizoral here and there. I must say I think nizoral definitely works for me. I get much better hair a few days after using nizoral however I don't use it more often as the hair gets very dry and frizzy! But a few days later I notice my hair is thicker and fuller.

My hair has already way outlived my brothers. We all have the same hairless style and my routine has done very well for me! If anyone say me they would say I had a full head of hair.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow that's awesome. I've considered taking a month or so off as well.

I would say give it a try. Everyone will regenerate skin at slightly different rates. I know my skins a bit more sensitive than others so chances are I would need longer.

I'm thinking of needling once a month or so now and see how it goes.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say give it a try. Everyone will regenerate skin at slightly different rates. I know my skins a bit more sensitive than others so chances are I would need longer.

I'm thinking of needling once a month or so now and see how it goes.
Please keep us updated. Also, I'd say take a pic as soon as possible so you can then compare it in let's say 6 months. That way, we can have more solid evidence if something good happens. That is WAY better than relying on anecdotes alone.
Good luck buddy.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Strange thing happened to me.

Was needling every week a few months back for about 3-4 weeks in a row. Then did it every 2 weeks for about a month. Then once a month.

Have not needled now for about 5 weeks. Last 2 weeks or so my diffuse thinning can't be seen in the mirror!

I've taken so many photos with bright lights on and the gaps have gone! My hair feels much thicker too.

I apply minoxidil once a day and can tell when I part my hair the thickness improvement is clear.

I'm thinking maybe it's the regeneration of the scalp and the improvement has started!

You’re most probably just coming out of a minoxidil shed cycle. With many minoxidil causes your hair to follow a set cycle of periods of growth and periods of shedding.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried brutal rolling similar to 2young2retire or @Hakandogan ?
I am trying out this daily 1mm rolling routine for another month and if I still don't see any results I guess it's time to do that brutal roll sh*t xD

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re most probably just coming out of a minoxidil shed cycle. With many minoxidil causes your hair to follow a set cycle of periods of growth and periods of shedding.
That would make sense if he was a relatively new Minoxidil user. However, he's been on it for years. I have been on minoxidil for years and my hairs are desynchronized again, so I don't have those cyclic sheds you mention anymore.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That would make sense if he was a relatively new Minoxidil user. However, he's been on it for years. I have been on minoxidil for years and my hairs are desynchronized again, so I don't have those cyclic sheds you mention anymore.

I have been on it for close to 4 years and I still experience these cyclical sheds - I can physically track the months where I know I’ll be shedding and those where I’ll have better quality hair.

Then again I may just be a one off.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on it for close to 4 years and I still experience these cyclical sheds - I can physically track the months where I know I’ll be shedding and those where I’ll have better quality hair.

Then again I may just be a one off.
Interesting. Does the appearance of your hair drastically change during those cycles?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has already way outlived my brothers. We all have the same hairless style and my routine has done very well for me! If anyone say me they would say I had a full head of hair.

Same, my younger bro of 4 years has the same pattern and is V Norwood. His diet is horrendous though. I’ve kept mine by dht blockers and a FUE.

meolsac

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, there is my result so far after 2 months.

Finasteride (0.5gm) + minoxidil once a day (1 ml) + microneedling once a week (1.5mm) - two months results

Minoxidil alone was not enough to stop my hair loss 4 years ago.

Not same light, angle and hair length. Too soon to be able to know if it works and if I will be able to recover something that will be cosmetically significant, but this is an interesting experiment.

edit: add imgur link https://i.imgur.com/lORbQ24.jpg

Attachments

• 2months.jpg
    2months.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, there is my result so far after 2 months.

Finasteride (0.5gm) + minoxidil once a day (1 ml) + microneedling once a week (1.5mm) - two months results

Minoxidil alone was not enough to stop my hair loss 4 years ago.

Not same light, angle and hair length. Too soon to be able to know if it works and if I will be able to recover something that will be cosmetically significant, but this is an interesting experiment.

edit: add imgur link https://i.imgur.com/lORbQ24.jpg

i see way more hair pooping in the left images.

the left images is at 2 months ?

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Left image was taken 10 minutes ago. The picture at right was taken after 1 week from the beginning.
nice,
the left image has more darker and thicker hair poping.
i think you will get a good results