Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, there is my result so far after 2 months.

Finasteride (0.5gm) + minoxidil once a day (1 ml) + microneedling once a week (1.5mm) - two months results

Minoxidil alone was not enough to stop my hair loss 4 years ago.

Not same light, angle and hair length. Too soon to be able to know if it works and if I will be able to recover something that will be cosmetically significant, but this is an interesting experiment.

edit: add imgur link https://i.imgur.com/lORbQ24.jpg

Looks like some newly developed hairs in the left photo, another month or so and you could see them gain strength and sprout. Nice!

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re most probably just coming out of a minoxidil shed cycle. With many minoxidil causes your hair to follow a set cycle of periods of growth and periods of shedding.

Possibly. However it would be my first shed in years. As previously other than the start, I've had no sheds.

Plus the last year or so I've had diffuse thinning. No sheds but just seems slow diffuse.

Then suddenly this happens after needling for a few months.

Like with all things, it's hard to say for a fact what it is. But I don't think I was shedding on minoxidil. Appeared to be normal diffuse thinning.

meolsac

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like some newly developed hairs in the left photo, another month or so and you could see them gain strength and sprout. Nice!
Only time will tell! However, I prefer to be pessimistic. I do not have to fight against a small regression of my hairline. There is not a lot of people who used this combination successfully against NW6-7. If I can recover to NW3, I will be more than satisfied and if not, I will keep it shaved, I like it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, there is my result so far after 2 months.

Finasteride (0.5gm) + minoxidil once a day (1 ml) + microneedling once a week (1.5mm) - two months results

Minoxidil alone was not enough to stop my hair loss 4 years ago.

Not same light, angle and hair length. Too soon to be able to know if it works and if I will be able to recover something that will be cosmetically significant, but this is an interesting experiment.

edit: add imgur link https://i.imgur.com/lORbQ24.jpg
do you use derma roller or derma pen ?

meolsac

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you use derma roller or derma pen ?
Derma pen, 12 needles, moderate needling (some small points of blood and pinkish).

Fun fact, the first time my scalp was red as f*ck. The more I do it, the lesser it is. Same pressure.

Last edited:
Reactions: tzt

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people at the start of this thread believed that, because the Chinese study claimed that needling alone outperformed minoxidil. You can't blame people for trusting the scientific method.
The best thing we could do is aiming for replicating suhh results, and tests like the one he and others did have only shown us that such results havent been replicated here.
So now we have some reasons to doubt needling as a standalone. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
I've been on minoxidil and finasteride for 2 years, my hairloss was continuing until dermarolling, finally getting regrowth.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling, Minoxidil, Finasteride all do grow thinner hair. Those hairs can take many months to be fully pigmented, if ever.

If you guys buzz to a #1 or a #2, those new hairs become cosmetically useful, at least from my experience. Diffuse thinners should really consider buzzing to a #1 or a #2.

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermarolling, Minoxidil, Finasteride all do grow thinner hair. Those hairs can take many months to be fully pigmented, if ever.

If you guys buzz to a #1 or a #2, those new hairs become cosmetically useful, at least from my experience. Diffuse thinners should really consider buzzing to a #1 or a #2.
What's your best regime about diffuse thin? I can't take propecia got bad sides, help :(

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey bro. Last time we heard from you a couple of months ago, you were losing ground and were about to give up. What happened? Did you continue to get worse or things got better at the end?

meolsac

My Regimen
Reaction score

I totally agree with you. This addition of textures is welcome. I though about being micro pigmented, but this will be weird when my head will turn white only on sides hahaha.

Warning: pep talks below

In addition, I would add that people should give a try to shave their head.
I embraced my baldness some years ago. I would prefer to be that hairy guy, but over 30yo, everything is fine being bald. Being confident about who you are is way more important than having hairs.

Do it for science, not to feed your discomfort.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bro. Last time we heard from you a couple of months ago, you were losing ground and were about to give up. What happened? Did you continue to get worse or things got better at the end?
Things got really better. I'm at that point where people are telling me to grow my hair out, which means that no bald spot is visible.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your best regime about diffuse thin? I can't take propecia got bad sides, help :(
Honestly, if you can't take Propecia, don't bother with hair loss treatment. Your MBP will catch up with Minoxidil. From the anecdotes I have read on the hair loss websites, after 2 years is about the time when MBP catches up with minoxidil. Without finasteride, all you get is 2 years.

INT

Reaction score
Honestly, if you can't take Propecia, don't bother with hair loss treatment. Your MBP will catch up with Minoxidil. From the anecdotes I have read on the hair loss websites, after 2 years is about the time when MBP catches up with minoxidil. Without finasteride, all you get is 2 years.

RU, CB, nizoral, Zix, estradiol, dermarolling seems to greatly improve minoxidil results as well

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. Does the appearance of your hair drastically change during those cycles?

Appearance when wet yes, but not so much when my hair is dry. The main noticeable difference an increase in hair fall and hair weight.

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have any people on here been non responders to minoxdil and dermaneedling and then became responders when adding retin-a or morrF finasterdine? I.e this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30974011/

Also where to get tretinoin from in Australia ?

To be honest, I think this study is a bit silly by itself without actually experimenting with minoxidil in combination with tretinoin and following up on patients results: the researchers have a test to determine minoxidil response/non-response which uses subject characteristics. Apparently, one of the characteristics has a positive influence on the test outcome so the researchers try to increase that particular characteristic with tretinoin and then (suprise, suprise!) conclude that the test outcome is positively influenced. Without knowing the underlying causitive mechanism such a result is pointless.

That being said, it could still be very useful in practice. Especially given that the paper mentions earlier studies in which combination of tretinoin and minoxidil has had a positive effect.

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
14th March
2B993C53-0E82-4DEF-A5DC-D7C1D740B0C7.png

11th June
EA64FA30-1E39-43AC-A28E-08FE6334BE69.png

Buzzed my hair today and was shocked at the coverage compared to what I had previously last time I cut it. I’ve still got a long way to go but very happy so far