Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure where to ask, so I'll ask here here. Every night before I go to bed, I take a shower and afterwards apply 5 types of oils on my scalp. Then the next day I apply liquid minoxidil (I don't wash my scalp). Think the oils will have any effect on the penetration of the minoxidil? They should absorb to the skin and dry out after a few hours, right?

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gains are lost if you stop needling and aren't blocking DHT, as things eventually return to the way they were. I'm sure most of us would be willing to suffer through maintenance sessions though, if we see a good amount of regrowth.

Absolutely, if that was what it takes to keep hair on my head, I wouldn't mind needling everyday. I mean, I would mind, but I would do it anyway.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure where to ask, so I'll ask here here. Every night before I go to bed, I take a shower and afterwards apply 5 types of oils on my scalp. Then the next day I apply liquid minoxidil (I don't wash my scalp). Think the oils will have any effect on the penetration of the minoxidil? They should absorb to the skin and dry out after a few hours, right?

Which ones do you use? I'm using rosemary only for now. It does seem to have a minor effect on circulation (I would say my hands get warmer when I rub rosemary oil on them)

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I like about essential oils... Their scent transports me to an idealised and cinematic retro colonial setting, the kind of thing show in the Golden Brown video by The Stranglers, if you are familiar with that. The dull minoxidil dispenser, at best, makes me think of hair spray or mousse, Margaret Thatcher's hairlstyles, CFC, hozon hole, 1980s and their blind hedonism. Plus, they have no side effects and are cheap. Essential oils beat minoxidil hands down despite lower efficacy (based on the one study I scrutinised)

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I have a spray with alcohol in it. But the alcohol shouldn't get in to your scalp I take it? So after the disinfection, I rinsed the roller with water.

Nah just let it dry out for a few minutes. I wouldn't rinse it with warm water or anything (could contain bacteria particles).

Ryko

Reaction score
I just used my dermapen for the first time, I used 1.5mm at the lowest speed and put very light pressure. I only got 2-3 tiny blood drops and the rest of the scalp was pinkish-red. Should I have applied more pressure so my scalp would be completely red?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just used my dermapen for the first time, I used 1.5mm at the lowest speed and put very light pressure. I only got 2-3 tiny blood drops and the rest of the scalp was pinkish-red. Should I have applied more pressure so my scalp would be completely red?

Don't apply pressure, just keep it in contact with the skin. The needles will do their job. Sometimes some areas will appear tiny blood drops, some seem to look untouched. Then, next session, those areas will appear red too. It's about being consistent over time that gets results. Worry more about being too aggressive.

Ryko

Reaction score
Don't apply pressure, just keep it in contact with the skin. The needles will do their job. Sometimes some areas will appear tiny blood drops, some seem to look untouched. Then, next session, those areas will appear red too. It's about being consistent over time that gets results. Worry more about being too aggressive.
Okay thanks, by the way what is the recommended number of needles around here? I use 12 needle right now.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone doing dermarolling solely? Damn I might need to get off minoxidil already, got some chest pain

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone doing dermarolling solely? Damn I might need to get off minoxidil already, got some chest pain
I got bad side effects from minoxidil too, chest was very uncomfortable. I did it twice a day and used like 1.3ml though, and I applied on a damp scalp a few times. Took ~10 days for side effects to show up. I do plan to try again with a strict 1ml/day on dry scalp because everything went back to normal in a few days. With how little extra I was using though, I'm really not holding hope that Minoxidil is an option for me.

So yeah I'm derma stamping only for now.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got bad side effects from minoxidil too, chest was very uncomfortable. I did it twice a day and used like 1.3ml though, and I applied on a damp scalp a few times. Took ~10 days for side effects to show up. I do plan to try again with a strict 1ml/day on dry scalp because everything went back to normal in a few days. With how little extra I was using though, I'm really not holding hope that Minoxidil is an option for me.

So yeah I'm derma stamping only for now.

Maybe try the lower strength one (2%) if you didn't?

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe try the lower dose one (2%) if you didn't?
I'm gonna try 1ml/day first and see if that works. I have heard many times that 1ml a day is very close to as good as 1ml twice a day.

Suppose I could try 2% after. Nothing seems to be going well for me on this hair loss journey apart from derma stamping. I kinda love doing it.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe try the lower strength one (2%) if you didn't?
Hmm but apparently using less of the 5% min is equivalent to more of the 2% min. So instead of using the 2% maybe you can just use less of the 5%? God damn it why can't i just tolerate these drugs.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyone here who have used a dermastamp and have switched to a pen or derminator? I did my first run with a stamp today but didn’t feel that it penetrated deep enough. Is the derminator worth the money? Or is a pen more worth the money?

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes, I am doing needling+rosemary oil, which is giving me zero side effects except a pleasant scent. Unlike Minoxidil

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see. Have you tried relaxing the scalp before a session? A tight scalp is harder to penetrate. Massaging it might help.
I haven't. I could try that, although I'm a little scared of massages because a user posted something here mentioning that massages do make hairs thicker, but it also reduce the total number of hairs. It's weird and counterintuitive, but I believe he posted the study supporting it. I'll have to dig deeper in the scientific literature though. If I find out scalp massages has no negative trade offs, then I'll go for it.