Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't. I could try that, although I'm a little scared of massages because a user posted something here mentioning that massages do make hairs thicker, but it also reduce the total number of hairs. It's weird and counterintuitive, but I believe he posted the study supporting it. I'll have to dig deeper in the scientific literature though. If I find out scalp massages has no negative trade offs, then I'll go for it.
https://www.omicsonline.org/detumes...-hair-regrowth-2155-9554.1000138.php?aid=4590

Rob's whole thing at www.perfecthairhealth.com is doing scalp massage

Extraordinhairy Gentleman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been rolling with a 1mm roller and I have completed about half a dozen sessions - I should really have kept count - over the last approx. 2 months. The last two times I pushed pretty hard and was bleeding a fair amount, to the extent that the water was briefly flowing red when I rinsed my hair, though it really wasn't anything too graphic. One of the needles has twisted now and I am worried if I am doing it properly and efficiently, so I have just ordered a pen, which I will start to use consistently from next week, at least for a reasonable period of time.

I also use my own mix of oleuropein, peppermint and rosemary oil, which I apply almost daily to my scalp at around 1.5-1.75ml. I do skip the odd day here and there, certainly recently. I find it soothes my scalp quite well in the days following a needling session. I was previously using minoxidil for about 15 months, I didn't notice any change during this period, however after I stopped using it I did shed a chunk of hair, so I guess I might have been maintaining with it perhaps. I am hesitant about reintroducing it, so I will see how needling goes without it first before considering diving back in. In terms of progress with needling, it is too early to tell, though my shedding has reduced for the most part, but of course, that could just be the end of the phase. Time will tell.

I have also been needling my face - with a 0.5 roller - a few times, mainly as a treatment post minoxidil, and I must say my skin feels more vibrant after. But I am only 31 so not exactly riddled with wrinkles to start with. I do hope it doesn't trigger general facial hair to start growing, as I've only just tamed my massive eyebrows!

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been rolling with a 1mm roller and I have completed about half a dozen sessions - I should really have kept count - over last approx. 2 months. The last two times I pushed pretty hard and was bleeding a fair amount, to the extent that the water was briefly flowing red when I rinsed my hair, though it really wasn't anything too graphic. One of the needles has twisted now and I am worried if I am doing it properly and efficiently, so I have just ordered a pen, which I will start to use consistently from next week, at least for a reasonable period of time.

I also use my own mix of oleuropein, peppermint and rosemary oil, which I apply almost daily to my scalp at around 1.5-1.75ml. I do skip the odd day here and there, certainly recently. I find it soothes my scalp quite well in the days following a needling session. I was previously using minoxidil for about 15 months, I didn't notice any change during this period, however after I stopped using it I did shed a chunk of hair, so I guess I might have been maintaining with it perhaps. I am hesitant about reintroducing it, so I will see how needling goes without it first before considering diving back in. In terms of progress with needling, it is too early to tell, though my shedding has reduced for the most part, but of course, that could just be the end of the phase. Time will tell.

I have also been needling my face - with a 0.5 roller - a few times, mainly as a treatment post minoxidil, and I must say my skin feels more vibrant after. But I am only 31 so not exactly riddled with wrinkles to start with. I do hope it doesn't trigger general facial hair to start growing, I only just tamed my massive eyebrows!

Honestly not sure if 0.5mm does a lot for wrinkled areas on the face. I would go with 1 or 1.5mm in those areas. Probably more effective.

Extraordinhairy Gentleman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly not sure if 0.5mm does a lot for wrinkled areas on the face. I would go with 1 or 1.5mm in those areas. Probably more effective.

As I said, I don't really have wrinkles so to speak, I tend to look a bit younger than my age. This was one of my fears with minoxidil; I didn't wanna lose my hair in the end anyway and potentially mess up something I had going for me. I was probably reading too much into fear-mongering, but it is what it is. That being said, my problem area is the 'elevens' between my eyebrows, I have bombarded them with the 1.0mm a couple of time to tell them what for. Not sure I wanna be using anything deeper than that on my face. I guess I just psychologically want/ed a pick me up after the minoxidil.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's definitely very good thing to do to prevent wrinkles and bad skin, especially if you are using minoxidil like I am.

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a great topic/thread!

What’s everyone’s ideas on fibrosis and calcification? Now if massage helps (which it does) and so does dermarolling ect. Let’s think of the best topical for after wounding... I’ve heard vitamin k and d and also magnesium would this be a good combo of oils?

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a great topic/thread!

What’s everyone’s ideas on fibrosis and calcification? Now if massage helps (which it does) and so does dermarolling ect. Let’s think of the best topical for after wounding... I’ve heard vitamin k and d and also magnesium would this be a good combo of oils?
I heard, though I don't know why, magnesium is bad to use on the scalp. However it's great to use so I spray it on my torso/limbs.
Emu Oil has vit K which people say is an effective topical.
Personally I like olive oil every other day, rubbing in my scalp at night and leaving it until morning.

Please look on my profile page and my content because I've posted a lot about calcifcation and fibrosis.
Namely stablizing your hormones like estrogen or cortisol, then supping VIt Mk7, D, and magnesium. Serrapeptase, nattokinase, and Taurine to reverse fibrosis

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard, though I don't know why, magnesium is bad to use on the scalp. However it's great to use so I spray it on my torso/limbs.
Emu Oil has vit K which people say is an effective topical.
Personally I like olive oil every other day, rubbing in my scalp at night and leaving it until morning.

Please look on my profile page and my content because I've posted a lot about calcifcation and fibrosis.
Namely stablizing your hormones like estrogen or cortisol, then supping VIt Mk7, D, and magnesium. Serrapeptase, nattokinase, and Taurine to reverse fibrosis

Thanks for your reply! Yeh I haven’t heard to much about the scalp and magnesium I have also heard it’s great for the body! Yeh emu oil I should add that to my topical. At the moment it’s only coconut oil, castor oil and rosemary oil straight after dermastaping! What’s your thoughts on adding Vit k, d taurine and anything to help with fibrosis or strong anti inflammatorys?

I’ll have a read through I have seen some of your posts!

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! Yeh I haven’t heard to much about the scalp and magnesium I have also heard it’s great for the body! Yeh emu oil I should add that to my topical. At the moment it’s only coconut oil, castor oil and rosemary oil straight after dermastaping! What’s your thoughts on adding Vit k, d taurine and anything to help with fibrosis or strong anti inflammatorys?

I’ll have a read through I have seen some of your posts!
Coconut oil reduces the 5ar enzyme, idk about castor oil, rosemary may be estrogenic.
They say you should wait a day after stamping to apply anything
I'm waiting for my estrogen to get into range so inflammation stops then following this:
https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...think-again-very-interesting-topic-28623.html

Taurine is anti-inflammatory, removes endotoxins, and is shown to reverse fibrosis so defnitely like 3 g a day
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ffective-than-finasteride-for-hair-loss.8284/

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which dermapen is the best? De.pen A6? Derminator? Are there any other good options? Preferably a pen which is not made in China and have a CE marking.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which dermapen is the best? De.pen A6? Derminator? Are there any other good options? Preferably a pen which is not made in China and have a CE marking.

derminator provides minimal tearing and probably better quality overall for $190. almost every home pen is made in China, even the derminator so you will have a hard time avoiding that.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derminator is the best. However, pretty much every pen is made in China, so focus on the CE marking.
Also, does stainless steel vs titanium needles make a significant difference?

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
which derma stamp do you use?

It's the "DRS Derma Stamp". (140 needle) Surprised this isn't talked about more cause it seems really good and it's cheap. Even has an adjustable version.

I feel like a stamp gives you more control than a pen but I've never used a pen so I wouldn't know. Really happy with this stamp.

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the "DRS Derma Stamp". (140 needle) Surprised this isn't talked about more cause it seems really good and it's cheap. Even has an adjustable version.

I feel like a stamp gives you more control than a pen but I've never used a pen so I wouldn't know. Really happy with this stamp.
Damn, $9... Might have to consider that. It goes from 0.25 to 2 mm, I presume. Any results so far?
Also, where did you get it? Was it eBay? I'm on a page that won't let me order less than 5.

Last edited:

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, $9... Might have to consider that. It goes from 0.25 to 2 mm, I presume? Any results so far?
Also, where did you get it? Was it Ebay? I'm on a page that won't let me order less than 5.

I bought mine from eBay yeah. There are some UK sellers (I also live in the UK) so I didn't have to get it from China.

The adjustable version goes anywhere from 0-3mm. There's also non-adjustable models that are sold from 0.2-3mm.

My first adjustable one did break after 3 uses because the swivel at the top got stuck. Now I just use a non-adjustable 1.5mm but I do have another adjustable one I used a few times that hasn't broke.

Don't really think I see results yet, tomorrow will be 1 month since I started derma stamping so I will be taking pictures then.