Actual Tens In Real Life...women Only

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a problem with how there was a concerted attack that at times was quite harsh against him in the past few weeks. His posts might not have been informative or interesting to read, but that's no reason to bully him out of the forum. I think he got a bit combative and passive aggressive only in the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully things chill when he comes back.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Images of a thanksgiving dinner for @Pasbrillantebrunette.

I contributed four of the dishes. A strawberry-rhubarb pie (poorly decorated), roasted squash and feta cheese, squash delicate agrodolce, and Moroccan spiced cranberry sauce.

Also on the plate, contributed by others, turkey breast, stuffing, roasted cauliflower and cheese, roasted potatoes carrots onions, and some British thing involving oil and flour that's roasted in a muffin tin.

IMG_20171123_160928.jpg

IMG_20171123_163618.jpg

IMG_20171123_164858.jpg

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

I contributed four of the dishes. A strawberry-rhubarb pie (poorly decorated), roasted squash and feta cheese, squash delicate agrodolce, and Moroccan spiced cranberry sauce.

Also on the plate, contributed by others, turkey breast, stuffing, roasted cauliflower and cheese, roasted potatoes carrots onions, and some British thing involving oil and flour that's roasted in a muffin tin.

View attachment 70894

View attachment 70895

View attachment 70896

> PhD in Internalized Incelism

EvilLocks

Reaction score
You have mental illness? Which one?
*jelly of state assistance*
Generalized anxiety disorder and clinical depression mainly. I've been diagnosed with psychosis as well but personally I think that's bs, as I was not actually imagining my hair loss, unlike what ''everyone'' else thought, including my own family.
In addition to this I think I have a bit of OCD and BDD, but it's not so bad that it limits my life too much. It's the anxiety disorder that really hinders my life and the depression naturally follows when I feel like I can't live a normal life.

EvilLocks

Reaction score

View attachment 70894

View attachment 70895

View attachment 70896

Girls are missing out. A nice and level-headed man that loves animals AND can cook. If you were hideous I might understand, but as you are far from that I really don't get it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Generalized anxiety disorder and clinical depression mainly. I've been diagnosed with psychosis as well but personally I think that's bs, as I was not actually imagining my hair loss, unlike what ''everyone'' else thought, including my own family.
In addition to this I think I have a bit of OCD and BDD, but it's not so bad that it limits my life too much. It's the anxiety disorder that really hinders my life and the depression naturally follows when I feel like I can't live a normal life.

How's your CFS going?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
IMO it's a frame of mind and general viewpoint towards life. We both are for sure depressed AF, but we recognize that our sad situation is not the fault of other people. Just our bad luck.
That's a good way to look at it. Our situations are so different (minus hair...) but I appreciate that we can have good conversations still :)
For a while I was quite angry, angry at men (translated to my posts) and angry at people with hair. Just seeing a man over 40 with a NW1 at the grocery store would fill me with rage, and it could ruin my whole day or even week. It was torture being in public and seeing all the people with hair. Men, women and even children. Because of it I would stay inside most of the time and socialize very little. I'm still jealous of those people and seeing a 70 year old man with a perfect NW1 surely ticks me off. But I understand now that these people are not at fault for my hair loss, I just had some crappy hair genetics. When I see people jogging past me on the street I surely wish I could be like them, but I know that my chronic fatigue limits my life. But I don't blame them for living their life.
Not the same as being lonely of course, I am aware of my privileges but no matter what you are facing going through life being angry at people who have something you don't won't help you the least. You work with what you have in this life and make the best of it, wether it be very little or a lot.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
female with anxiety disorder is so different lol. when i first started having anxiety attacks everyone i knew responded by calling me a pussy . dat dere male privilege

EvilLocks

Reaction score
How's your CFS going?
Relatively stable, as long as I know my limitations it's mostly fine. Luckily I have a job where I sit in a chair most of the day and when I get home I just zone out and relax, then go for a walk with my dog. I can just forget about sports, going to the gym and things like that as it would make me bed ridden for days but as long as I know my limitations I live a normal life pretty much. I go for walks, clean my own apartment, have a job, see my boyfriend, family and (few) friends, play with my dog, cook... I don't know if I actually have CFS or if I just have a mild form of it, the fatigue could be related to my thyroid disorder but seeing as medications don't help I don't know.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
female with anxiety disorder is so different lol. when i first started having anxiety attacks everyone i knew responded by calling me a pussy . dat dere male privilege
I don't have social anxiety. Generalized anxiety disorder is basically that you are constantly afraid of something bad happening to you or loved ones, wether it be disease, accidents or violence. Your brain is constantly on high gear and making up the worst possible scenarios, for instance I recently went to the cinema after not going for years because I was afraid of a terrorist attack. I forced myself to go with my bf but the whole time I was looking for the nearest escape route in case a gunman came in lmao. I could not enjoy the movie that much to say the least. I have also not been in an airplane in years because I am afraid of a plane crash or terrorism. Even going to the grocery store sometimes can mean trouble, I mean something bad can happen there as well. My biggest problem is still fear of disease, it has consumed my life since I was 17. I've been absolutely certain I've had multiple forms of cancer, that I was going to end in a wheel chair, that I'm going to have a stroke or a heart attack anytime soon... Just going to bed is a challenge, as I ask myself ''will I wake up tomorrow?" It's exhausting. Then there is the constant worry of something happening to my loved ones, something that has only been reinforced since I lost my uncle last year to a sudden disease. I probably worry about something 90% of my waking time lol.
Social anxiety I don't have, though. I'm fairly comfortable in social situations which I'm happy about :)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a failure of our culture. You're a male so you're expected to be good at everything and to have all of the answers, and to be relaxed, modest, and confident about it -- all of the time.

It is pure bullshit, you do, and we all do, have natural moments of weakness and it's important to be aware of it.

Relatively stable, as long as I know my limitations it's mostly fine. Luckily I have a job where I sit in a chair most of the day and when I get home I just zone out and relax, then go for a walk with my dog. I can just forget about sports, going to the gym and things like that as it would make me bed ridden for days but as long as I know my limitations I live a normal life pretty much. I go for walks, clean my own apartment, have a job, see my boyfriend, family and (few) friends, play with my dog, cook... I don't know if I actually have CFS or if I just have a mild form of it, the fatigue could be related to my thyroid disorder but seeing as medications don't help I don't know.
You sound a lot better.

I don't have social anxiety. Generalized anxiety disorder is basically that you are constantly afraid of something bad happening to you or loved ones, wether it be disease, accidents or violence. Your brain is constantly on high gear and making up the worst possible scenarios, for instance I recently went to the cinema after not going for years because I was afraid of a terrorist attack. I forced myself to go with my bf but the whole time I was looking for the nearest escape route in case a gunman came in lmao. I could not enjoy the movie that much to say the least. I have also not been in an airplane in years because I am afraid of a plane crash or terrorism. Even going to the grocery store sometimes can mean trouble, I mean something bad can happen there as well. My biggest problem is still fear of disease, it has consumed my life since I was 17. I've been absolutely certain I've had multiple forms of cancer, that I was going to end in a wheel chair, that I'm going to have a stroke or a heart attack anytime soon... Just going to bed is a challenge, as I ask myself ''will I wake up tomorrow?" It's exhausting. Then there is the constant worry of something happening to my loved ones, something that has only been reinforced since I lost my uncle last year to a sudden disease. I probably worry about something 90% of my waking time lol.
Social anxiety I don't have, though. I'm fairly comfortable in social situations which I'm happy about :)
Yeah that sounds like me. I'm always thinking up of the worst case scenarios. For example I'm always afraid that I left my windows open, my apartment unlocked, my stove on, et cetera. I'm always afraid of being fired and being rejected. I'm afraid of getting cancer, of being unemployed and freezing and starving in the dark. When I drive I'm constantly afraid of hitting people.

Is it a disorder, or an adaptive response to an extended pattern of numerous prior problems?

myusernamenow

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Or herbal remedies?
What’s your personal experience with herbal remedies (for anything), @CaptainForehead? Got any recommendations or experiences you would be willing to share? I’m always on the lookout for dem herbs...

Anecdotally, I’ve found that valerian improved the quality of my sleep, but apparently the evidence is mixed.

One of the best designed studies found that valerian was no more effective than placebo for 14 days, but by 28 days valerian greatly improved sleep for those who were taking it. Some researchers now think you may need to take valerian for a few weeks before it begins to work. However, in another study, valerian was more effective than placebo almost immediately.
Source: http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/valerian

Also, potent kava is amazing... but apparently it can f*** up your liver. I actually used it for a substitute for alcohol (lol) for a while but it wasn’t store bought stuff.

According to one study, kava and diazepam (Valium) cause similar changes in brain wave activity, suggesting they may work in the same ways to calm the mind.
Source: http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/kava-kava

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have sex dead fish style?