All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JohnNYC said:
TBH, perhaps we are being a bit paranoid here. IMHO, given the markups on the products, our vendors are best served by selling real product.

I purchased 100 mg, enough for a 3 month experiment. While I appreciate the concerns of others regarding water absorbtion, I am not worried right now. I mixed it up and started applying ASAP.

My two cents is that unless there is a compelling cost reason, we should stick with one vendor for each product, i.e. X "approved" for bitamoprost, Y "approved" for RU, Z "approved" for CB.

One vendor could supply two products, but its best to keep a dual channel in the event of problems. Initially, each order should be tested. One quallity is assured, random sampling thereafter.

well said John.

dopey

Reaction score
Wow. I was just quoted a price of $445 for 100 mg. I guess I missed the oppurtunity. That's just too much for my wallet.

Ende

Reaction score
What's the price for 500 mg now then? Last time I heard, it was $900, and now that's the price for 200 mg?

curiousguy

Reaction score
I put 34mg into a 60ml bottle of minoxidil and will use 2ml per day in the morning.

Will be using at night a few hours before bed. Will mix into 60ml bottle's of Kirkland 5%. Not good at calculations so thank you for posting so I can
follow suite on the amount of Bimatoprost per 60ml. If anyone has any
other suggestions on how much per 60ml bottle I would be very grateful
to here.

Thanks in advance.

curiousguy

Reaction score
Rethinking I will only use 1 ml per day at night so mix 50 mg in 60 ml. Think it
more beneficial to try different things to see results. Easier to mix and will have
150 mg or so later to adjust if need be.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I just made my BIM Topical. I also weighed the powder.

I weighed the bottle with the powder in it and it weighed 5.24g. My scales only weigh to 0.01g. I have some that weigh down to 0.001g on the way, but didnt want to wait any longer.

I then removed the BIM powder which seemed fairly dry to me. And I liquified the BIM that was stuck in the bottle in order to get it all completely out. The I let the bottle air dry.

I stirred up the BIM solution and it took a little longer than I thought it would to dissolve but it seemed to all dissolve fairly well. Isopropyl Alcohol 60%, Propylene Glycol 20% and Distilled Water 20% as the vehicle. I tested the pH and it was around 7-7.5 which is where it should be.

I then re-weighed the bottle without any powder, and it weighed: 5.14g

Bottle with Powder = 5.24g
Bottle without powder = 5.14g

I ordered 100mg. Now it would be exactly accurate if my scales weighed down to 1mg but they only weigh to 10mg. But as you can see its at *very least* pretty close to 100mg. I am willing to bet it probably is exactly 100mg.

So OC did send me 100mg.

I will make a new thread soon for people to share their results/or lack thereof.

All the best

curiousguy

Reaction score
Did up 2 batches 50mg/60ml and my findings were consistent with Blazes
that based on what is left got what I paid for. Have 100mg left but will have to
swish out the bottle to get the last bit as it is impossible to do otherwise.

Thankful all along OC did this for us. Hopefully if they read these forums know
we do appreciate them and do trust them. Just watching out for each other as
we have enough problems worrying about our hair issues. Hoping they
do read and have a few employee's that will benefit if things go well along
with other members here.

Testing tonight :) think 1ml to start concentrating in the crown.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
curiousguy said:
Did up 2 batches 50mg/60ml and my findings were consistent with Blazes
that based on what is left got what I paid for. Have 100mg left but will have to
swish out the bottle to get the last bit as it is impossible to do otherwise.

Thankful all along OC did this for us. Hopefully if they read these forums know
we do appreciate them and do trust them. Just watching out for each other as
we have enough problems worrying about our hair issues. Hoping they
do read and have a few employee's that will benefit if things go well along
with other members here.

Testing tonight :) think 1ml to start concentrating in the crown.

Good to hear curiousguy.

Thanks for posting your findings. Good luck!

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
moshe123 said:
how much bimatoprost there is in a bottle of latisse????
cuase in 4rx they sell now generic bimatoprose in very cheap...
http://www.4rx.com/online-pharmacy/cate ... prost.html

can i buy for example 1 bottle and mix it with my minoxidil???

1 bottle mixed into minoxidil is basically worthless. It will dilute the bimatoprost down to much.

Each ml of latisse contains 0.03% and putting that into minoxidil will dilute it by 60. whicj means that each ml of minoxidil and latisse will contain: 0.0005% Bimatoprost. Not enough to even really do anything.

You need at least 0.05% per ml to see something otherwise its just a waste of money.

zayin

Established Member
Reaction score
NES said:
moshe123 said:

What does everyone think about this? This is way cheaper than buying the powder and mixing it ourselves...

Huh? What makes you think it's way cheaper? Dissolving 100mg in 300ml ethanol gives you a ~0.033% solution. That's 60 5ml bottles from that website which would cost you $1745! Also, think you need higher concentration than 0.03%.

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
zayin said:
NES said:
moshe123 said:

What does everyone think about this? This is way cheaper than buying the powder and mixing it ourselves...

Huh? What makes you think it's way cheaper? Dissolving 100mg in 300ml ethanol gives you a ~0.033% solution. That's 60 5ml bottles from that website which would cost you $1745! Also, think you need higher concentration than 0.03%.

You're right. I misunderstood the percentages...

hairlost

Reaction score
anyone here want to sell there bimatoprost, i couildnt get in on the group buy (oc wouldnt respond to my emails)

maggie99

Reaction score
finfighter said:
hairlost said:
anyone here want to sell there bimatoprost, i couildnt get in on the group buy (oc wouldnt respond to my emails)

I have some but it looks and smells just like baking soda, and I have to ship it in a baking soda box so that customs will pass it through;) :mrgreen:

HA! indeed.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
hairlost said:

I have some but it looks and smells just like baking soda, and I have to ship it in a baking soda box so that customs will pass it through;) :mrgreen:

Do you still have some of this?

Been having problems trying to get this.

teenhandmodel

Reaction score
smitysmity i have 200mg that i have decided not to use. I'm not sure if I want to risk sending it to you however. I have no idea of the consequences.

You should also know that the powder is kind of chunky and some of it is caked in the lid of the vial OC sent it in.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost done with week one of application. My eyes have gone from light blue to dark brown. Hair is growing everywhere, out of my ears, lips, and even on my tongue. I've decided to continue this experiment for science...even if it turns me into a werewolf.

jk. nothing to report yet. headed to bathroom to check my eyes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.