All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousguy

Reaction score
I agree, smartest thing is patience. Have only been using for a week or so
myself.

If results happen get a list going. I am sure enough will sign up that if you present the numbers involved to OC it will be help in the pricing.

Until results start coming in no sense antagonizing anyone involved.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Bimatoprost should work to some degree. The worst case scenario I see is it strengthens your hair only.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
What's the update with this? Are we getting this? Is finasteride handling this? Can't OC just ship several packages to us rather than organizing one individual to handle this?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Which K_outing is now selling this BIM?

I didnt think any of them sold it.

One of the reps from Allergan said 0.03% strength seemed to be producing the similar results as minoxidil 5%. So obviously you need to use more than that or just go buy the much cheaper minoxidil.

I think you need about 0.09% strength about 3 times the strength of latisee. I know the macaques got results from 0.05% latanoprost but they respond better to treatment than humans do.

Ende

Reaction score
KC isn't selling bimatoprost, nor Kane. Yes, I think we should use 1 mg a day.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
man, as others have already pointed out, wait for the results of current users before you start buying this.

If you must buy it as enden said, OC sell it.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
The eye will absorb anything, and the eyelid is extremely thin as well, but the scalp is a different story. Using the original ophthalmic vehicle on the scalp (as with the studies) would therefore result in significantly less than the .5 mg dose to the follicles. Anyone have a different opinion on this?

The molecular weight of Bim is 415. By comparison, RU is 370. Generally the larger, the less penetrable.

Ende

Reaction score
I think you're right. A vehicle with ethanol and PG will increase the absorption significantly on the scalp, compared to the original solution.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Yet the original solution is what was used in the monkey study, as well as what's being used in the current trials, I believe.

Ende

Reaction score
They're currently investigating 3 formulas in the human trial. I think it's the same vehicle in all of them, and that it's just different strength, but still - we don't know what the vehicle is.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you doubting the vehicle your currently using rabid?

or thinking along the lines of possible systemic absorption?

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Can it be mixed with Minoxidil? If so, can it as well be mixed with RU/CB?

My understanding was Bimatoprost won't work with Minoxidil due to them targeting the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.