All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
JohnNYC said:
smitysmity said:
Isn't minoxidil about 80% to 85% keep hair while 60% to 66% regrow hair?

Is is merely a comment from one doctor prescribing off-label.

That's absolutely absurd. Who the f**k said that?

For sure less than 50% for any sort of result.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Rabid said:
smitysmity said:
Has anyone mixed 5% minoxidil (Rogaine Topical Liquid) with Bimatoprost?

Don't do it. Have you been using minoxidil? If you haven't given minoxidil a full run, why do you want to bother with Bim?

For testing purposes, it's much more helpful to be on Bim alone. In fact, using minoxidil in conjunction with Bim could very likely detract from the overall results that you would achieve with Bim alone. Like the reverse of mixing rocket fuel into your lawnmower.

Of course I have given minoxidil a chance. It MAY also work better with both of them combined. You simply don't know until you have tested it. I searched and there are a few people who said minoxidil + Bimatoprost are working for them.

curiousguy

Reaction score
I am using Kirkland 5% and bimatoprost. Early yet but finding in the shower needing more shampoo and takes longer to wash my hair. Was using rogaine for 9 months prior and getting some positive results. My goal is just to try to keep as much growing as possible til something long term comes along.

Feeling positive so far but bit more time needed yet to tell people to spend their hard earned money.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
Rabid said:
smitysmity said:

Don't do it. Have you been using minoxidil? If you haven't given minoxidil a full run, why do you want to bother with Bim?

For testing purposes, it's much more helpful to be on Bim alone. In fact, using minoxidil in conjunction with Bim could very likely detract from the overall results that you would achieve with Bim alone. Like the reverse of mixing rocket fuel into your lawnmower.

Of course I have given minoxidil a chance. It MAY also work better with both of them combined. You simply don't know until you have tested it. I searched and there are a few people who said minoxidil + Bimatoprost are working for them.

Agreed. Diluting the Space Shuttle's tank with lawnmower fuel MAY make it go faster. Do you want to contact NASA about testing this, or should I?

Ted Stryker

Reaction score
The use of bimatoprost and minoxidil may be complementary as both are proven growth agents. However if the two compounds are mixed together then something can possibly go awry.

To get the benefits of both just make a separate solution of bimatoprost. That's what I plan on doing.

smitysmity said:
Rabid said:
smitysmity said:

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
JohnNYC said:
Erm, a picture odf Dr. Bernstein does not instill much confidence.

Yeah, because I posted a link to that thumbnail at the bottom of the page. :whistle:

The point is, other people outside of this thread are trying it.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks terrapin.

Yeah he said he started noticing results after around 3 weeks.

As for Bernstein he is beyond help with the current technology. Even a transplant can only do so much and Bimatoprost isnt going to grow you a full head of hair esp when you have been missing hair for over a decade or two.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Ted Stryker said:
The use of bimatoprost and minoxidil may be complementary as both are proven growth agents. However if the two compounds are mixed together then something can possibly go awry.

To get the benefits of both just make a separate solution of bimatoprost. That's what I plan on doing.

Again, it "could" not work if combined but it also could work very well. I plan to give it a trial run for at least 4 to 8 weeks to see if the combination of the two is working. If I'm not seeing results, I will let Bimatoprost go solo.

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any clinical updates for bimatoprost? Looking forward to a day when I can just buy this in a story or at a pharmacy.

Am I wrong to assume the trials would move faster because it's already been approved for eyelashes?

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Does this sound about right?

The 3 most effective solutions on the market right now are likely the following

1). CB-03-01
2). Bimatoprost
3). RU58841

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
smitysmity said:
Does this sound about right?

The 3 most effective solutions on the market right now are likely the following

1). CB-03-01
2). Bimatoprost
3). RU58841

In my opinion yes, but there needs to be more testing done. Also remember that you could be using baking soda, unless you had the products tested by a lab, also if you use the wrong vehicle they may not work at all!

How do we know Ontario isn't just selling us a blank powder?
How does Ontario even know if the drug is what it is?

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
There they go again! Using the eye-drop vehicle, 70% success rate, results in 3 weeks. Its weight is closer than most to the 500 cut-off point for topicals. Clearly the importance of PG (or alcohol) in topicals has been drastically overstated. Probably just a conspiracy to increase PG sales... :whistle:

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
Rabid said:
There they go again! Using the eye-drop vehicle, 70% success rate, results in 3 weeks. Its weight is closer than most to the 500 cut-off point for topicals. Clearly the importance of PG (or alcohol) in topicals has been drastically overstated. Probably just a conspiracy to increase PG sales... :whistle:

Yeah, those PG lobbyists are a powerful group. :shock:

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rabid said:

Not really. Bimatoprost has a lipophilic chemical structure. Lipophilic substances are absorbed by the skin much better than hydrophilic.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah, not crazy, just dopey! :mrgreen:

I'd like to cut down on PG. Bim is lipophilic, but it's also large. Perhaps emu or polysorbate could indeed get it done, with no irritation. :punk: Go for it Dopey. Report back. I think I'll try it.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys:

What would be the best place to get this from?

What is the best way to mix it?

I know this has been covered but its a big thread. Maybe a sticky or something...

Thanks

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
In terms of Bimatoprost, You don't. That''s why it needs to be tested, but our tester has his hands full with CB at the moment.

Which is the exact reason I want to mix minoxidil with any solution I do purchase because if you eliminate minoxidil and you're putting Baking Soda on your head, then get ready for the end of your hair.

There has to be another way for us to at least do a quick scan to see that the product maybe real? I suppose though that if Henry was sending the wrong product, eventually it would get out when he does deliver it to someone who knows what he is doing and posts that Henry is fraud. That would then quickly spread to all of us and likely put an end to his business.

Status
Not open for further replies.