Darolutamide (odm-201), A Better Topical Than Enzalutamide?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are the hairs all around your hairline miniturised or miniaturising though? My issue is rapid miniturisation of my whole hairline circumference which then falls out for good causing my hairline to actually creep back all the way around. No sparse hair left, just gone (without minoxidil). Apart from the top of my head nowadays, it’s where my worst hairloss always has been. Looks like frontal fibrosing alopecia without minoxidil

Oh yes. Temples are gone and the whole hairline is moving back. Miniaturized hairs across all of the front....

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yes. Temples are gone and the whole hairline is moving back. Miniaturized hairs across all of the front....
Yeah then we have the same hairloss except i get diffuse hairloss through the rest of my scalp with emphasis on my top/middle part/tonsure. Oh and my eyelashes and brows. f*****g weird. It also seems to be the most aggressive and fast progressing type of Androgenetic Alopecia. It’s so fruatrating!!!

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score
Depending on several factors, it may be stable for more or less those four days, depending on the mixing. My first batch felt like that, the second one only lasted a day and a half before it didn't feel effective. I started using them after they were left to dissolve for two days each. This last batch I started using about a day and a half later.

There are a few particles, like three or more still in the solution. I'm using it like that anyway. It appears as the itch is gone, but the effect seems localized, so where ever I apply, it works there. Doing it directly at the front and slightly behind using a 1 mL syringe.

I have been getting a little, minimal itch here and there lately, usually if I get an itch, it's above or below the site of application. For the most part, it's gone. Could be that I didn't apply in those areas. Will definitely see if the solution starts losing effectiveness. That would indicate a need to mix more frequently. The info peewee posted sounds like it could be a method of preservation with the PEG-6000.

Looking forward to mixing with 96% Ethanol.

on my second dose it took between 17 min to dissolve in 96% ethanol while shaking, not bad at all
this mix i lowered my ru from 1.2 to 900 and i'm still doing well, i'm hoping to drop ru altogether but little by little just to make sure

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatever19 ever had your cortisol checked? That’s basically what caused the flow on effect for every hormonal issue I have.

Yes of course.

567 (171-536)

That was 4 years ago though (serum test early morning), I have no idea what it is right now.

Mine is hypothyroidism however.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all. I just wanted to make a note of this just in case there’s a positive correlation here.
So I made up my new batch of 56mg/40ml minoxidil daro 2 days ago. This time I didn’t heat to dissolve it, I just let it sit overnight and it did indeed totally dissolve.

Yesterday any today I have noticed a decrease in shedding. It’s been in the 50-60 hairs range where it has been above 80, usually in the 100’s range most days. I don’t know if this has anything to do with the new batch working better, or the fact that I have upped my dose a bit. It may just be a brief hiatus, and I could lose 200 hairs again tomorrow, but I thought I’d mention it to keep track of anyhow. I have noticed that yesterday, I lost quite a few eyelash and eyebrow hairs still, so maybe the daro IS protecting my scalp hair. I know that I have been losing a lot of hair probably from the avodart, and I have also had a lot of hairloss from the “no regrowth” phase of my minoxidil growth which i’m currently in. I’m hoping that at least if daro can stop the Androgenetic Alopecia driven hairloss, the lack of regrowth that I’m getting won’t be so detrimental to my hairline and density. Fingers crossed. I’ll report back every few days. Oh, also, I started taking 2g l-cysteine 3 days ago. Just thought I’d mention it.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all. I just wanted to make a note of this just in case there’s a positive correlation here.
So I made up my new batch of 56mg/40ml minoxidil daro 2 days ago. This time I didn’t heat to dissolve it, I just let it sit overnight and it did indeed totally dissolve.

Yesterday any today I have noticed a decrease in shedding. It’s been in the 50-60 hairs range where it has been above 80, usually in the 100’s range most days. I don’t know if this has anything to do with the new batch working better, or the fact that I have upped my dose a bit. It may just be a brief hiatus, and I could lose 200 hairs again tomorrow, but I thought I’d mention it to keep track of anyhow. I have noticed that yesterday, I lost quite a few eyelash and eyebrow hairs still, so maybe the daro IS protecting my scalp hair. I know that I have been losing a lot of hair probably from the avodart, and I have also had a lot of hairloss from the “no regrowth” phase of my minoxidil growth which i’m currently in. I’m hoping that at least if daro can stop the Androgenetic Alopecia driven hairloss, the lack of regrowth that I’m getting won’t be so detrimental to my hairline and density. Fingers crossed. I’ll report back every few days. Oh, also, I started taking 2g l-cysteine 3 days ago. Just thought I’d mention it.

I'm not really sure where everyone got the idea to heat darolutamide, but it is completely unnecessary and you might be ruining the mix by doing so. Not to even mention that if you dissolve something while heated, once it cools down and the solubility drops all that extra will fall out of solution so unless you can keep it heated 100% of the time, then heating anything to dissolve more of it is a pointless endeavor. In any case, it has a solubility of 38 mg / mL when warmed, even if it is only 10 mg/mL when not warmed that is still more than enough because you need at least 2-3 mL to cover your head and you don't want to be using more than 10 mg of darolutamide anyway, I don't think there's anything to be gained by going higher. Just make sure you use high-grade ethanol (96%) and let it sit long enough. It should dissolve completely. Maybe consider using a small hand-held mixer (like this one) to speed up the process?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not really sure where everyone got the idea to heat darolutamide, but it is completely unnecessary and you might be ruining the mix by doing so. Not to even mention that if you dissolve something while heated, once it cools down and the solubility drops all that extra will fall out of solution so unless you can keep it heated 100% of the time, then heating anything to dissolve more of it is a pointless endeavor. In any case, it has a solubility of 38 mg / mL when warmed, even if it is only 10 mg/mL when not warmed that is still more than enough because you need at least 2-3 mL to cover your head and you don't want to be using more than 10 mg of darolutamide anyway, I don't think there's anything to be gained by going higher. Just make sure you use high-grade ethanol (96%) and let it sit long enough. It should dissolve completely. Maybe consider using a small hand-held mixer (like this one) to speed up the process?
I’m fidning that just letting it sit in the minoxidil over night totally dissolves it anyway. I was acudally fairly shocked! I will continue this process followed by refrigeration thereafter. Let’s hope it yields some results. Something. Anything. A few extra hairs. Maybe even just keeping the ones that remain. Please Jesus, allah, Buddha, Brahma, the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hope you can help me out a bit. I am currently trying to make a 0.4-0.5% batch because till 0.3% its doing nothing...

Thats means 50mg in 11ml solution. I have trouble dissolving this in 50%pg,30%eth and 20% water. I should dissolve 50 mg in 96%eth first? And then add the rest?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope you can help me out a bit. I am currently trying to make a 0.4-0.5% batch because till 0.3% its doing nothing...

Thats means 50mg in 11ml solution. I have trouble dissolving this in 50%pg,30%eth and 20% water. I should dissolve 50 mg in 96%eth first? And then add the rest?

Generally you always add the active compound to the solvent first, so Darolutamide -> 96% ethanol. However once you add the other components the solubility will likely go way down. I would avoid the water. Even the PG is likely to drop the solubility down a lot. Try a 70%/30% mix of ethanol/PG (like the classic RU mix) and see if you can dissolve your 4.5 mg / mL in that.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Generally you always add the active compound to the solvent first, so Darolutamide -> 96% ethanol. However once you add the other components the solubility will likely go way down. I would avoid the water. Even the PG is likely to drop the solubility down a lot. Try a 70%/30% mix of ethanol/PG (like the classic RU mix) and see if you can dissolve your 4.5 mg / mL in that.
So daro in eth first and after its dissolved add pg! Thanks!

Idealforehead said water is good in the mix. U dont agree?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So daro in eth first and after its dissolved add pg! Thanks!

Idealforehead said water is good in the mix. U dont agree?

It says here that it is insoluble in water, so adding water into the mix would in theory greatly reduce the solubility. I dunno, experiment with it. If you see particles floating after you add water then it's bad.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Mate that % strength is bloody high. How are your eyeballs not transforming into the Sahara desert? Crikey

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Don't think you need it that high. For me, it wasn't a matter of whether it was high enough of a dose, rather if the solution was functional.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think you need it that high. For me, it wasn't a matter of whether it was high enough of a dose, rather if the solution was functional.
Remind me what strength your solution is? I just added to mine. It’s now 2mg/ml.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mate that % strength is bloody high. How are your eyeballs not transforming into the Sahara desert? Crikey

How to determine if its functional? Till 0.3% it all dissolved. Made fresh batch every 5 days.

@Georgie my eyes do hurt..
But i have no confidence in low dose. 200mg ru did nothing and duta did nothing. Now 0.3% is doing nothing after 2 months.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That makes me still wonder. Those who tried RU, DARO or other antiandrogen and had some succes... i bet you noticed it within the first month? All the succes stories i found have noticed reduced itch or shedding within weeks.

So if it does nothing the first month, up your dose...

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah then we have the same hairloss except i get diffuse hairloss through the rest of my scalp with emphasis on my top/middle part/tonsure. Oh and my eyelashes and brows. f*****g weird. It also seems to be the most aggressive and fast progressing type of Androgenetic Alopecia. It’s so fruatrating!!!

Hmm, did you consider alopecia universalis? Maybe a JAK/Stat inhibitor might be the right thing to try for you.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
That makes me still wonder. Those who tried RU, DARO or other antiandrogen and had some succes... i bet you noticed it within the first month? All the succes stories i found have noticed reduced itch or shedding within weeks.

So if it does nothing the first month, up your dose...

The first two weeks on RU ;)

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to remind everyone, dar in everclear 96% dissolves just fine, takes about 15 min or so of shaking the bottle, no big deal.
then add pg, shake for 2 min, and then water and it stays dissolved.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to remind everyone, dar in everclear 96% dissolves just fine

As it should. No need for heating or mumbo jumbo. People having problems are using low grade ethanol.