Darolutamide (odm-201), A Better Topical Than Enzalutamide?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many days would 1gram of Daro last?
Depends how much you use and how many mls a day. What area are you looking to cover? You’re going to need at least 4ml to cover your entire scalp if you are a diffuse thinner. Then you need to consider what strength you’re going to make your solution. 1mg/1ml is the starting point, but there are guys here using 3-5mg/ml. I would start with maybe 2mg/ml and see how you tolerate it. It won’t last very long if you’re looking to use 4+ml with 12-20mg a day.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Third day of the “non heated” batch, except I made the batch 80mg/40ml from 56mg/40ml, and today was my first application of this strength. I still have reduced shedding in the 50 hairs range. I am losing a fair few eyebrow hairs currently so today onwards I’m going to dab a tiny amount onto them to see if it helps there too. Eyes are dry as f***. Hairline still receding as per the minoxidil “no regrowth” phase. I have tiny vellus hairs up from where the hairline has receded to where it is now, but I dont think that’s anything different from how it’s been in the past. Terminal or no ball. Clinging to hope. Still wanna kill myself. Just hangin in there.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds like me.
What other things are you using in your regimen?
What is your pattern of hairloss?
Just normal one with little bit diffuse. Nw2.5.
Tried a lot of things (duta, finasteride minoxidil cb etc) but without succes...
Now only using 0.45% Darolutamide but i have no faith. And i dont know what to do afterwards.

Any tios for me to add to my regimen and/or topical daro?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just normal one with little bit diffuse. Nw2.5.
Tried a lot of things (duta, finasteride minoxidil cb etc) but without succes...
Now only using 0.45% Darolutamide but i have no faith. And i dont know what to do afterwards.

Any tios for me to add to my regimen and/or topical daro?
Do you dermaroll? Only other thing I would suggest is maybe oral minoxidil which works very well for a lot of people

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you dermaroll? Only other thing I would suggest is maybe oral minoxidil which works very well for a lot of people
Got a dermaroller 1.5mm. Never used it.
Do you roll?

How much oral minoxidil are you using? Topical didnt do anything for me.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got a dermaroller 1.5mm. Never used it.
Do you roll?

How much oral minoxidil are you using? Topical didnt do anything for me.
You should use the derma roller once a week especially if you are using topiclas. Best way to do it it choose one day each week, wound the area you want regrowth in adequately, don’t apply topiclas that day. Recommence topical the following day. I use a 1.5mm stamp which is even better. Munch deeper scalp penetration and I don’t get any kind of hair fallout from it. I like it a lot except it f**king hurts like hell.

I’m on 2.5mg loniten but was in 2mg for a while. Can’t take anything higher because I get side effects ie very bad bloating. Tbh I don’t think the topical works for me either, but I use it anyway. My experience with the oral stuff has been kind of a mix between good and a disaster. Basically my hair only grows for three months then stops for nine. In the process of working out how to stop this, because coming off it means 0 hair growth.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey also everyone who has found that their drugs have lost effectiveness over time - I have a proposition.

Cycle your intake. For example 4 weeks on,
1 week off, or 2 months on, 1 week off ect.
It could be just the same as thyroid, insulin and cortisol resistance, where your hormone receptors become “numb” because you have constantly elevated or depressed levels of a certain hormone, or constantly exposure. That’s why a lot of hormonal treatments are cyclical.
The same could go for minoxidil, and probably why they say have a break after three months on stemoxydine.

Just a suggestion. I’ll be trying it.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one cycles finasteride/dutasteride though yet there's plenty of long term success from those drugs
Might not work with Duta given it’s half-life being so long, but I still think that having a 1 week break from fina maybe once a week 2 x yearly could be beneficial. You are 100% right about there being studies proving great long-term success, but I’m talking purely as a preventative measure given that we also know that it can lose its effectiveness over time, and ideally no one wants to end up up on 10mg of fina clinging to their dick (or ovaries) and their hair.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might not work with Duta given it’s half-life being so long, but I still think that having a 1 week break from fina maybe once a week 2 x yearly could be beneficial. You are 100% right about there being studies proving great long-term success, but I’m talking purely as a preventative measure given that we also know that it can lose its effectiveness over time, and ideally no one wants to end up up on 10mg of fina clinging to their dick (or ovaries) and their hair.

Interesting idea, but what about homeostasis? I feel like cycling on and off of anti-androgens = possibly throwing your endocrine system all out of whack. Generally having hormone levels bouncing all over the place doesn't seem like a great idea to me....idk

I do wonder how long a long term finasteride user could safely go off it without danger of losing gains

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting idea, but what about homeostasis? I feel like cycling on and off of anti-androgens = possibly throwing your endocrine system all out of whack. Generally having hormone levels bouncing all over the place doesn't seem like a great idea to me....idk

I do wonder how long a long term finasteride user could safely go off it without danger of losing gains
Well my whole point IS normal homeststasis. We don’t stay and constant levels of hormones ever - we are in a constant state of flux. Like I said, it’s why people develop insulin, thyroid hormon, glucocorticoid, etc resistance when levels of these hormones are chronically elevated. It’s like with anything, if you’re exposed to something for long enough, we just become used to it, and you don’t react to it anymore. I think that cycling can prevent the body from becoming resistant to treatment, which over time would require higher and higher doses of drugs to make the body react. The bodies hormones go up and down all the time. I’m looking at it from the perspective of what is needed for a Normal, healthy metabolic equilibrium. Why does the pill have a sugar pill week? Why does cortisol need to be taken at intervals? Why is thyroid hormone often titrated over time? Because our bodies need to remain in the cycle of negative feedback to keep a balance.

I believe that it takes about a week for fina to leave the system. I wouldn’t go any longer than that when taking a break.

Im also wondering if this can be applied to
Avoid resistance to minoxidil and hair growth over time.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
These drugs don't work forever, I've been in them all and they've all had a limit. Maybe Georgie is on to something.
I think there’s a real issue with dutas, because the half life makes it impossible to cycle, but I think it could work for fina. It has a half life of 6-7hours I read, so I think 3-5 days maybe every 2 months could even work, just to mitigate any chance of shedding. I have read some hairloss sites which discuss this and say that you don’t need to cycle finas because it loses effectiveness when you stop using it, but the thing is, you aren’t ceasing useage, you’re allowing your body to become reactive enough by allowing just enough time for it to leave your system totally.
Look, I could be wrong, but I’m thinking about how we would look at any kind of hormone replacement or therapy. Even bodybuilders have to cycle their syntha-test, GH and androgen use, because they know that constant use would cause dulling of receptivity to the drugs causing them to become less and less effective. The same goes for fina, except receptors acclimatise to the consistent low levels of dht and therefore create more 5AR as the bodies natural negative feedback reaction to any deficiency. How do we know that someone is anaemic? Their TIBC (iron receptors) are extremely elevated, because the body isn’t producing enough, so the body sends out more receptors to mop up whatever it can find. I’m not a doctor, but I’ve had a sh*t ton of experience with endocrine issues and receptivity issues. I am a walking example. As I say, I could be wrong, but all the science backs the theory that the body needs fluctuation to remain balanced.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie You're more on track with this than you think. The whole body operates on highs and lows, peaks and troughs, hormones cycle on a daily basis with the circadian rhythm, testosterone peaks in the morning, drops in the evening, thyroid stimulating hormones peak throughout the night, etc.

I use RU for 2-3 consecutively, and the day after I quit, my libido is HIGHER than normally when I do not use it (receptor density upregulation). Body becomes resistant to one mechanism after a while. There's a lot more to be written about this, but I'm going to make my first batch of daro.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie You're more on track with this than you think. The whole body operates on highs and lows, peaks and troughs, hormones cycle on a daily basis with the circadian rhythm, testosterone peaks in the morning, drops in the evening, thyroid stimulating hormones peak throughout the night, etc.

I use RU for 2-3 consecutively, and the day after I quit, my libido is HIGHER than normally when I do not use it (receptor density upregulation). Body becomes resistant to one mechanism after a while. There's a lot more to be written about this, but I'm going to make my first batch of daro.
My thinking precisely, which makes me awfully worried about avodart now. It’s been almost 4 months of every day use now, and my libido is very high and I’m getting breakthrough bleeding again. My hair shedding is down however. I’m a health professional so I should have considered this already, and I am annoyed with myself, but it’s done now. I don’t know if having 5 week “breaks” is particularly viable. The concept wold work on a far smaller time frame scale. As I say, 4 weeks, 2/3 days-a week etc. methinks dropping avodart may be prudent.. Mais je ne nais pas. For the hormonally sensitive, it’s a game to be played with delicacy.

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score

Best of luck on daro. Keep us informed please

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The itch is back. I noticed it returning gradually during the last three or four days. When it peaks, it itches despite recent application. I still have about 2-3 mL left.

Now I will prepare small batches more frequently. Next one is going to be 12 mg in 4 mL of Kirkland 5%. I'll go with 96% ethanol, but I have 75.5% and minoxidil makes a decent vehicle for now.

Last edited: