Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's so strange to hear that even with an extreme regimen your hair did not grow back. Did you get blood tests done? Is your test in the normal range?
At this point I am scared to continue with the cypro regimen because I feel I might end up in the same place as you because my hair has barely improved on 3 months of cypro, infact it is getting worse
How did you manage to get Cypro in India?

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5 mg dutasteride since last 2 years, oral spironolactone since last 3 months.
i See. dutas didnt even halt your loss? most succesful spironolactone users didnt have success with dutas as well (especially Most users here). when they added spironolactone they saw results around 5-6 months. did U immediately start with 400 mg or did you build up?

if It is so damn agressive. add 2 mg estrogen (low dose for cisgenders) and 10 mg oral minoxidil (most Side effects will be countered because You take spironolactone as diuretic).

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am thinning in norwood 6 like pattern. Here is the link.
NIOrTMJ
sir... the Link is broken....

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP will not comment on someone who is not even balding stop wasting his time
I would say its not your fault. Pictures are not the best way to find if someone is balding or not. I dyed my hair so it may give the illusion that I am not balding. Everyone in my friend circle is saying I am balding and it is happening very fast. I can also see it visually and can feel it by touching my head. I am just astonished by knowing that someone is saying that I am not balding. I started balding in 2010 but thanks to finasteride/ dutasteride which slowed down the process significantly. But, since the last two years dutasteride has stopped working.

Last edited:

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys just want update you on my regimen. I’m about a month and and half into spironolactone and 10months into duta 0.5mg ED. I’m currently been on 150mg of spironolactone for about 2 weeks. In the last month and a half my hair has thickened loads. (A lot more then just on duta) My scalp itch has completely gone. My hair density though is still relatively low around the front 2 inches of my head. But I have technically only been on a highish dosage of spironolactone for 2 weeks. I am taking photos, actually I’ve been taking photos for a year now and I am praying my density increases so I can create my own success thread. As for my weightlifting I am 2 weeks in and I can now bench 5 kg more then when I started lol.

As far a side effects go. I have zero gyno. No sensitivity, nothing. My nipples feel completely normal. I have zero erectile dysfunction. I can get hard and remain hard whenever I want. They only slight side affects are slight ball ache which isn’t uncomfortable. And a slight loss of libido. (I had ridiculous sex drive before. And I am happy it has lowered as it was getting to be a burden). Going from masterbating everyday to once or twice a week is incredible. My energy is through the roof. Also my prolactin levels may have lowered as a result of this).

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys just want update you on my regimen. I’m about a month and and half into spironolactone and 10months into duta 0.5mg ED. I’m currently been on 150mg of spironolactone for about 2 weeks. In the last month and a half my hair has thickened loads. (A lot more then just on duta) My scalp itch has completely gone. My hair density though is still relatively low around the front 2 inches of my head. But I have technically only been on a highish dosage of spironolactone for 2 weeks. I am taking photos, actually I’ve been taking photos for a year now and I am praying my density increases so I can create my own success thread. As for my weightlifting I am 2 weeks in and I can now bench 5 kg more then when I started lol.

As far a side effects go. I have zero gyno. No sensitivity, nothing. My nipples feel completely normal. I have zero erectile dysfunction. I can get hard and remain hard whenever I want. They only slight side affects are slight ball ache which isn’t uncomfortable. And a slight loss of libido. (I had ridiculous sex drive before. And I am happy it has lowered as it was getting to be a burden). Going from masterbating everyday to once or twice a week is incredible. My energy is through the roof. Also my prolactin levels may have lowered as a result of this).
do you take Topical or Oral minoxidil?

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it worked for the notorious Two-hen. unfortunately the youtube account was deleted :/ how much were you taking?
Off Topic Question;
I'm already taking 5% topical minoxidil.
If I also add 5mg of Oral minoxidil in conjunction with topical, do I need to take a diuretic?

Basically, is it necessary to add a diuretic if I'm only taking 5mg of oral minoxidil? lol

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Off Topic Question;
I'm already taking 5% topical minoxidil.
If I also add 5mg of Oral minoxidil in conjunction with topical, do I need to take a diuretic?

Basically, is it necessary to add a diuretic if I'm only taking 5mg of oral minoxidil? lol
yes. or at least a beta blocker. that way You counter unwanted side effects from Oral form.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn whats best of the three: oral cyproterone acetate, oral bicalutamide, or oral spironolactone?
I

Really appreciate this update and really glad it is going well. Has shedding changed since adding spironolactone? I think @AnxiousAndy noted the spironolactone sent him into a shedding frenzy. I'm considering adding spironolactone very soon, although adding dutasteride prior to spironolactone might make the most sense. If I take the spironolactone route first, I will start at 50 mg/day and work my way up to 100 if necessary.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you share your pics?