Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lately Ive been seeing some tiny hairs pop up on my forehead area, below where my temple line ever was.. and on my most stubborn side! usually not much is below my famous reference point freckle;

View attachment 113766

looking at my pics and comparing, they were more tiny dot-ish 1 month ago but are now proliferating:

View attachment 113767

zooming out where things are always less cosmetic, Im starting to see some faint roundness to the hairline of the stubborn right side:

View attachment 113769

(* btw, there's a few white flakes in the pic but that is actually dried sunscreen)

progress is very slow, especially on that side. but at any rate at all I am grateful. be consistent

Is ordering from that in-house pharmacy website safe...? I have no idea if my GP will even prescribe me Estradiol, which makes me highly weary. I don't even know how I would get prescribed it, since I'm a male wanting to get it prescribed for cosmetic purposes.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
also, I will respond to everyone as soon as I can.. y'all probably notice Im having trouble keeping up with this thread along with my private messages.. plus I have school and a life so I may be slow but ill try. :)

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You ever try progesterone?

I just stopped the biestro cream. Today I confirmed it definitely messed with my hairline, in only 14 days, in a negative way, sigh.

I'm back to using progesterone which never hurt hairline ever.

@bridgeburn May I ask your thoughts on Progesterone for male hair loss?
That might be the right call, and I'm going to go very light on the Estrogel from now on and keep it the hell away from my hairline. I know some use progesterone topically but I don't know much about it. For my next topical, I'm thinking of using a corticosteroid. Dexamthasone may be the best based on it's ability to increase aromatase activity in the scalp. Maybe I'll mix progesterone and dexa in one topical.But, I'm having a hard time finding a cream or a gel in the US...Don't think it's made here. So I may have to use a compounding pharmacy.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
That might be the right call, and I'm going to go very light on the Estrogel from now on and keep it the hell away from my hairline. I know some use progesterone topically but I don't know much about it. For my next topical, I'm thinking of using a corticosteroid. Dexamthasone may be the best based on it's ability to increase aromatase activity in the scalp. Maybe I'll mix progesterone and dexa in one topical.But, I'm having a hard time finding a cream or a gel in the US...Don't think it's made here. So I may have to use a compounding pharmacy.
Are you seeing any little hairs trying to sprout in any area of the temple at all? Usually a shed is a good thing.
Sometimes you gotta really look close in the right light at the right angle to spot them.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I should let everyone know that for the past few weeks, maybe 3 ish weeks? I have not been taking spironolactone or any androgen receptor blocker..

I've been taking this regimen: 6 mg estrofem (2mg 3 times per day) sometimes 8mg out of paranoia, plus .5mg dutasteride, and 10mg oral minoxidil every other day, and also one Diane 35 pill per week..

I have been on HRT for so much time that I probably do not absolutely need an anti-androgen and Estradiol can suppress my T well. My hair continues to improve, I'm still finding a few new ones popping up... my T may have raised slightly, but I'm not sure? maybe I'm paranoid.. If I sweat alot, but only if its alot. I notice some body odor, but still it is pretty weak. I have no acne still, no oiliness, gyno, mood and libido effects, everything is same, and the hair on my left hand has recently been progressively thinning.

However, I am not planning to drop androgen blockers anytime soon, I was taking a bit of a break from them, giving my liver a break.. because tomorrow I have been planning to start a super ultra synergistic new regimen.. I write about this later
I get a body odor first week cycling back on cypro, then first week off cypro. Maybe it's coincidence, couple more on/off cycles and I'll be able to confirm.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
M
Are you seeing any little hairs trying to sprout in any area of the temple at all? Usually a shed is a good thing.
Sometimes you gotta really look close in the right light at the right angle to spot them.
My estrogen levels are in range for a menstruating woman :), so you'd think there would be some new hairs. I'll take another look with really good lighting to be sure.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
M

My estrogen levels are in range for a menstruating woman :), so you'd think there would be some new hairs. I'll take another look with really good lighting to be sure.
Giving your eyes time to focus properly too makes a difference. Would suck to walk away when it's there and might have only needed a couple more months for the fireworks to go off.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Giving your eyes time to focus properly too makes a difference. Would suck to walk away when it's there and might have only needed a couple more months for the fireworks to go off.
Yea true. I suppose the temple loss could be a shed. Although 3.5 months seems like a reasonable amount of time for a drug to take action. Still, I'm going to keep putting Egel on my face. My buddy who lifts and cycles T and tren saw my stockpile of transdermal E and was baffled, haha.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea true. I suppose the temple loss could be a shed. Although 3.5 months seems like a reasonable amount of time for a drug to take action. Still, I'm going to keep putting Egel on my face. My buddy who lifts and cycles T and tren saw my stockpile of transdermal E and was baffled, haha.
lol, I can imagine what a steroid dude would think of that, he probably thinks you're transitioning!
I always make an effort to hide it when I have company, you'd be surprised how much people like to snoop.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, I can imagine what a steroid dude would think of that, he probably thinks you're transitioning!
I always make an effort to hide it when I have company, you'd be surprised how much people like to snoop.
Haha yea. I'm actually open about my 'extreme' efforts to keep my hair. I tried to explain hair >> excess muscle. Then I kicked his *** in a HIIT workout the next day. Oh the irony, man with excess estrogen and modest T outperforms someone with T >> 3000 ng/dL who takes AI's.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha yea. I'm actually open about my 'extreme' efforts to keep my hair. I tried to explain hair >> excess muscle. Then I kicked his *** in a HIIT workout the next day. Oh the irony, man with excess estrogen and modest T outperforms someone with T >> 3000 ng/dL who takes AI's.
and no gyno? But you said your dick is starting to not work?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and no gyno? But you said your dick is starting to not work?
No gyno but probably being very lean is helping that. Yeah, I've had a couple of close calls in the bedroom but managed to still pull through. When that happens I drop the dose until things come back to normal (1-2 weeks), although I don't stop using it completely. I'm seriously considering switching from E to spironolactone soon.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
No gyno but probably being very lean is helping that. Yeah, I've had a couple of close calls in the bedroom but managed to still pull through. When that happens I drop the dose until things come back to normal (1-2 weeks), although I don't stop using it completely. I'm seriously considering switching from E to spironolactone soon.
That's my question for bridgeburn, when the dick is semi comatose that should be enough to get regrowth or atleast thickening. Would it make a difference if you took more and reached gyno level? But i guess it might depend on the individual and how sensitive they are to gyno.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's my question for bridgeburn, when the dick is semi comatose that should be enough to get regrowth or atleast thickening. Would it make a difference if you took more and reached gyno level? But i guess it might depend on the individual and how sensitive they are to gyno.
Yea, I think the belief around here is more side effects = more regrowth. BUT, my blood tests show I've got a ton of estrone (based on total E) and only semi-high estradiol (61). So my body is converting (oxidizing) a lot of the estradiol. However, who really knows if this is normal or not since I don't think most people do as much blood monitoring as I do.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this blows my mind, I got gyno in the first few weeks and I'm very lean..
You might have built up more estrodiol than I have. Did you ever check your estrogen profile? Estrone is weak as we know and that seems to predominate for me.
Also, I think you were taking cypro at the same time, right? probably an important factor.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn man i cant believe you are still posting after all these years. Theres this phenomen in the hairloss community that once someone starts some kind of treatment, he just vanishes and never comes back to report his results.
I have a responsibility to the world, to convince balding men to go infertile thereby purging the Earth of the f*****g baldness genes bwhahaha >)

and Im not an *** to dissappear too soon.
Its been 2 years since your last update pictures, hows your hair now?
I haven't been on treatment for 2 years yet. a little over a year and half. this summer will be the 2 year mark.

I update pics regularly throughout the thread.
Something i want to add. Why did you stop derma rolling? I got longer vellus (fluff hair) than yours in like 2 months with just derma rolling and some rosemary/castor oil.
cool, but I did dermaroll.. for a long time.
FB_IMG_1551255153479.jpg FB_IMG_1551255158512.jpg

It never did for me what it did for you.. So I doubted if there was any point.. but thanks for showing that it can help some people.

I also used various oils. Rosemary I found to be irritating, but I stuck with castor oil for a long time.

1. your hairloss is not nearly as bad as mine.

2. you are younger

3. I doubt it'll sustain without some kind of anti-androgen. min alone causes results too but not in the long run

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score

Not to derail the thread. I'll only say this..

I've been using Prog for years on/off.

Whenever my hair/hairline was messing up, I'd get back on it and it would always seem to steer the ship in the right direction.

Problem is... I started playing sports competitively in winter 2018, and only then did I notice how much I did not feel that 'alpha' and in the zone type sh*t you want in competitive sports. I felt sluggish, lethargic, for no damn reason. Stopped prog and voila.. beast mode. If it wasn't for this I would have just stayed on it this entire time. While on Prog, unless you're playing competitive sports and whatnot, you will be completely fine, in terms of sides.

Prog is one of the most potent natural DHT inhibitor's apparently, and it's the main starting building block of finasteride (but you won't get any long term sides). When women get great hair, during pregnancy their estrogen skyrockets, but also their progesterone.

There's a few guys who swear by it on these forums (and other forums) but only a small few.

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a responsibility to the world, to convince balding men to go infertile thereby purging the Earth of the f*****g baldness genes bwhahaha >)

and Im not an *** to dissappear too soon.

I haven't been on treatment for 2 years yet. a little over a year and half. this summer will be the 2 year mark.

I update pics regularly throughout the thread.

cool, but I did dermaroll.. for a long time.
View attachment 113814 View attachment 113815

It never did for me what it did for you.. So I doubted if there was any point.. but thanks for showing that it can help some people.

I also used various oils. Rosemary I found to be irritating, but I stuck with castor oil for a long time.

1. your hairloss is not nearly as bad as mine.

2. you are younger

3. I doubt it'll sustain without some kind of anti-androgen. min alone causes results too but not in the long run

Any benefit to using castor oil?

I am using it right now, topical + oral.

Also using rosemary oil + peppermint oil...

What's your thoughts on Progesterone? Topical progesterone applied on scalp? (it WILL be systemically absorbed either way)

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE =“bridgeburn,post:1765583,member:130663”]你刚刚开始,所以你应该先给它一些时间然后评估你想要/需要的东西。雌二醇也减少5ar。
当然,如果你想要最大DHT抑制,这可能是过度杀戮,那么你将需要度他雄胺,雌二醇和黄体酮。也许是bica来阻止andrenal雄激素[/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE =“bridgeburn,post:1765583,member:130663”]你刚刚开始,所以你应该先给它一些时间然后评估你想要/需要的东西。雌二醇也减少5ar。
当然,如果你想要最大DHT抑制,这可能是过度杀戮,那么你将需要度他雄胺,雌二醇和黄体酮。也许是bica来阻止andrenal雄激素[/ QUOTE]

Why do you all use estrofem? Why not use Estradiol valerate? Estradiol valerate is also a natural estrogen. Why is nobody using it? Who can tell me? My English is not good, I come from China. ____________
because hemihydrate is better for sublingual/ buccal use. The valerate pills are designed for swallowing, which causes more conversion to estrone.