Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
So are you saying you dont have any testosterone left in your body, and you still feel and look like a man?
Everytime i come off steroids and i get just in the mid-low ranges (400ng/dl) my libido takes a huge hit and my face gets alot less attractive
I have zero T, or very close to it. I feel I am more than a man. I am a god. The God of Hair.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s a few question for you guys. Did you start seeing results after a few months on your regimens particularly those in spironolactone. I’m saying this as I buzzed my hair today and my hair doesn’t look like it improved much since last year when I started duta. My itch has gone and my hair does seem thicker. But it’s just thin as in density. I really considering taking estrogen. My libido has definitely gone down since starting spironolactone. So it’s defo got to be doing something. This has just really got me down today.
I’m doing a full on hormonal test again tomorrow to see if my hormones have calmed down particularly prolactin.
I’ve lost a lost of weight this month I think spironolactone may have played a part. And I’m actually losing hair at the sides and back of my head today. Maybe it’s shock loss I don’t know I just am stressing out and that is also not helping my situation.

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s a few question for you guys. Did you start seeing results after a few months on your regimens particularly those in spironolactone. I’m saying this as I buzzed my hair today and my hair doesn’t look like it improved much since last year when I started duta. My itch has gone and my hair does seem thicker. But it’s just thin as in density. I really considering taking estrogen. My libido has definitely gone down since starting spironolactone. So it’s defo got to be doing something. This has just really got me down today.
I’m doing a full on hormonal test again tomorrow to see if my hormones have calmed down particularly prolactin.
I’ve lost a lost of weight this month I think spironolactone may have played a part. And I’m actually losing hair at the sides and back of my head today. Maybe it’s shock loss I don’t know I just am stressing out and that is also not helping my situation.

I only noticed results with these two regimes ... the fall stopped

1) Flutamide 500mg + 1mg finasteride + dutasteride 0 .5mg + 6 mg estradiol
2) Flutamide 500mg + 5mg finasteride + 100mg spironolactone + 4 mg estradiol

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found an article which will cure our hair loss, :)! https://perfecthairhealth.com/men-stop-thinking-your-hair-loss-is-due-to-high-testosterone/

On a real note, this article is quite ridiculously stupid... One of the points made in the article is 'studies have shown that balding and non-balding men have similar testosterone levels' which is probably true to an extent; however the balding men have a sensitivity to androgens whilst the non-balding men don't.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been linked but I found this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5367483/ and the results for just six months on Spironolactone + Estrogen is outstanding :eek: I'm persuading my mother to give HRT a try, since she suffers with menopausal hair loss.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on spironolactone?
I also lost some weight on spironolactone. What is your dose?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found an article which will cure our hair loss, :)! https://perfecthairhealth.com/men-stop-thinking-your-hair-loss-is-due-to-high-testosterone/

On a real note, this article is quite ridiculously stupid... One of the points made in the article is 'studies have shown that balding and non-balding men have similar testosterone levels' which is probably true to an extent; however the balding men have a sensitivity to androgens whilst the non-balding men don't.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been linked but I found this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5367483/ and the results for just six months on Spironolactone + Estrogen is outstanding :eek: I'm persuading my mother to give HRT a try, since she suffers with menopausal hair loss.

That article was a frustrating read, sure our androgen levels are similar to non balding men but that doesn’t matter when studies have conclusively shown that our scalp androgen levels are statistically higher than our non balding peers. Controversial opinion I know but in ΑGΑ androgens for whatever reason are the direct problem, whether our HF cells are sensitive to AR mediated gene expression or 5AR is just over active within them it all comes back to testosterone, take it away and you stand a good chance of reversing a good amount of loss.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That article was a frustrating read, sure our androgen levels are similar to non balding men but that doesn’t matter when studies have conclusively shown that our scalp androgen levels are statistically higher than our non balding peers. Controversial opinion I know but in ΑGΑ androgens for whatever reason are the direct problem, whether our HF cells are sensitive to AR mediated gene expression or 5AR is just over active within them it all comes back to testosterone, take it away and you stand a good chance of reversing a good amount of loss.

It's as if articles like that forget that male pattern baldness is called Androgenic Alopecia - it's called that for a reason. Androgens are definitely the issue, and there's no way of denying that. Testosterone needs to be banished!

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The trouble is that is maybe a little too extreme.
How long have you been on spironolactone?
I also lost some weight on spironolactone. What is your dose?

I started on 10th January. But only at a small 50mg dosage. I never really got to a large dosage until maybe around 10th feb when I upped to 150mg and I have since upped it to 200mg this last week and a half. I haven’t lost ground, my hair is defo thicker but I haven’t gained any.

I did have a gut on me at the start of jan. So I’ve been exercising a lot and going to the gym. So that’s played a role in my weight loss. But it seems I’m forever hungry now. I ate maybe 3000 calories on Friday and I went to bed feeling hungry still. I will just have to pray and be patient....for another year again. If this fail then I’m going to go full on nuclear.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If I fail to see results on my current regimen I will consider a treatment like yours or bridge burns.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao
Can you think of any reason not to start dutasteride and spironolactone at the same time?
The only reason I can think of is to see if you react with bad sides to either drug you wouldn't know which one was doing it.. however since they are both anti-androgens in the sense that they both reduce total amount of androgenic activity then you already know any de-masculizing sides come from both, and the combo of both enhances.. other non-androgen related sides would be easy to pinpoint after looking at the bio mecanics. So, you should just do it. give hairloss a strong kick in the groin. I started cypro and dutasteride simultaneously. spironolactone is good with min to counter the water retention.

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i started using estrogel on monday wednesday friday then sat and this morning. And ive noticed this morning my right nipple is tender to touch. Even if i run upstairs its tender:rolleyes: should i just lay of for a few days then restart? Also ive only used 1.5 on the ruler applied to my scalp.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i started using estrogel on monday wednesday friday then sat and this morning. And ive noticed this morning my right nipple is tender to touch. Even if i run upstairs its tender:rolleyes: should i just lay of for a few days then restart? Also ive only used 1.5 on the ruler applied to my scalp.

A painful tender?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
does your dick still work?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if i run upstairs its tender:rolleyes: should i just lay of for a few days then restart?
No, you should just let them grow into massive tits. ( o ) ( o )

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you should just let them grow into massive tits. ( o ) ( o )
Bridgey, I've acquired some 0.1% dexamethaxone ophthalmic solution and will implement your 3xweek protocol (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery:) What vehicle will you use. I have some stemoxy solution I could try. I don't use minoxidil topically so that isn't an option here.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
A high libido is overrated, in my opinion. Most of the time, people have a high libido just to masturbate rather than get any action so I don't understand why people see libido as an issue...
Testosterone and High Libido is highly glorified by the media.. And that becomes thier normal state which they are used to so people tend to underestimate its negative extant on your life without the contrast to compare. Like wearing an ankle weight all day then taking it off at the end of the day, its surprising how relieved you feel.