Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
they both can.. They both increase VEGF.

The skin becoming more translucent doesn't help either. And having pale skin makes blue show up more.

I haven't personally had any vein issues, in fact my skin is a million times better.

Under my eyes can get a bit blueish but it was always like that.. actually I think that if I don't get good sleep they look worse than before Hrt but when I get good sleep they look better than before HRT..

limit caffeine, and also histamines (beer, wine,)

damn, this is basically opposite of what I've experienced
Bridge did you have anything for greying hair?

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridge did you have anything for greying hair?

4 years ago, they talked about a treatment called PC-KUS (pseudocatalase).

And a new thing : Secukinumab drug
And there is a study " Repigmentation and new growth of hais after anti-interleukin-17 therapy with secukinumab for psoriasis".

The conclusion of the scientists is especially motivating: “hair whitening and thinning caused by the aging process might be reversible”.

restore.jpg

A, After 1 month of therapy with secukinumab, the patient's hairs were still gray/white and there was a marked improvement of his erythrodermic psoriasis. B, Six months after secukinumab treatment, pronounced hair darkening of the scalp with increased hair density, total skin clearing, and regain of the original weight.

" The patient was administered secukinumab that induced complete clinical resolution at week 12 (PASI 0) with regain of the original weight. As a young man, the patient had brown hair, which began whitening by the age of 45 years. After 6 months of therapy with secukinumab, the patient, who also had androgenetic alopecia type II/III noticed that his scalp hair, which had been totally gray/white for 10 years (Fig 1, A) was becoming darker over the entire scalp with a diffuse increased hair density of approximately 15% (Fig 1, B).
Trichoscopy confirmed hair repigmentation with some vellus hairs. The patient remains on secukinumab therapy with persistence of hair darkening after a follow-up of 10 months " .

Last edited:

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m honestly getting off of Cypro and dutasteride soon and im just investing in taking seti at 2000mg a day. I’ve never responded to any hormonal meds other than getting mild gyno. Hair wise, I’m getting no where but worse.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score

And there is a study " Repigmentation and new growth of hais after anti-interleukin-17 therapy with secukinumab for psoriasis".

The conclusion of the scientists is especially motivating: “hair whitening and thinning caused by the aging process might be reversible”.

View attachment 115236
A, After 1 month of therapy with secukinumab, the patient's hairs were still gray/white and there was a marked improvement of his erythrodermic psoriasis. B, Six months after secukinumab treatment, pronounced hair darkening of the scalp with increased hair density, total skin clearing, and regain of the original weight.

" The patient was administered secukinumab that induced complete clinical resolution at week 12 (PASI 0) with regain of the original weight. As a young man, the patient had brown hair, which began whitening by the age of 45 years. After 6 months of therapy with secukinumab, the patient, who also had androgenetic alopecia type II/III noticed that his scalp hair, which had been totally gray/white for 10 years (Fig 1, A) was becoming darker over the entire scalp with a diffuse increased hair density of approximately 15% (Fig 1, B).
Trichoscopy confirmed hair repigmentation with some vellus hairs. The patient remains on secukinumab therapy with persistence of hair darkening after a follow-up of 10 months " .

Yeah that’s old news. Pretty sure that’s an INSANELY expensive injectable

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I buy it this week here in Argentina they do not ask for a medical order ... I'm thinking I do not know if I buy 17 beta estradiol 2 mg and take 8 mg per day or vomit diane 35 that has ethinyl estradiol and cyproterone, take 5 capsules ... is better?? with diane 35 in addition to ethinyl estradiol would have 10 mg of cipoterone

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 115236

so is this available in pill form with prescription?
And there does seem to be some connection with greying hair and hairloss. Maybe E is also the answer.

Last edited:

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so is this available in pill form with prescription?
And there does seem to be some connection with greying hair and hairloss. Maybe E is also the answer.

+1 It seems there is a connection between greying and hairloss, and a connection between inflammatory processes and Androgenetic Alopecia (with immunotherapy treatment).

There is an another one which desmontrates that greying hair is reversible : with Adalimumab therapy (2015)

"
Repigmentation of canities, or age-related grey or white hair, is a rare occurrence. Generalized repigmentation of grey-white hair has been reported following inflammatory processes,[1] and heterochromia (localized patches of hair repigmentation) is even more unusual, reported in association with medication use and malignancy.Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors are increasingly utilized medications for inflammatory disorders, including psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease. Hair loss, or alopecia, has been described among the side effects of these medications,[2] but changes in hair pigmentation in association with this class of drugs"

For Secukinumab, it seems to be an injectable solution and pill from Novartis called Cosentyx. (With prescription).

upload_2019-3-17_21-42-57.png

upload_2019-3-17_21-45-6.png

upload_2019-3-17_21-44-6.png

and here you can see how you can use it with a doctor :
https://www.cosentyx.com/plaque-psoriasis/index.jsp

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that’s an injectable.. it’s cosentyx

I find that it is also a pill, on the website of cosentyx.com.

COSENTYX (secukinumab) is a prescription medecine used to treat adults with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis that involves large areas or many areas of the body, and who may benefit from taking injections or pills (systemic therapy) or phototherapy (treatment using ultraviolet or UV light, alone or with systemic therapy).

upload_2019-3-17_21-49-6.png

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you’re reading that wrong because if you read on how it’s taken on their website, it states that it’s either 300 or 150mg injections. It never speaks about it being given in oral pill form

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m honestly getting off of Cypro and dutasteride soon and im just investing in taking seti at 2000mg a day. I’ve never responded to any hormonal meds other than getting mild gyno. Hair wise, I’m getting no where but worse.

Props to you for trying man.. cypro+dutasteride should be enough, that is ridiculous that it's not working for ya, sorry to hear that.

Speaking of seti... any timeline when it will be released to the public? 4 years later and guys are still stuck buying it online off groupbuys? ffs

2g/day of Seti, sounds expensive as f*** tho. god damn.

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
gosh, srry everyone, but I just can't keep up with this thread. o.o

but anyway I wanted to log in and say this is why I don't like androgens;

View attachment 115234

Also, look at this bullshit.. *from Wikipedia

Top 10 oldest verified people:

Rank Name Sex Birth date Death date Age Country of death or residence
1 Jeanne Calment[1] F 21 February 1875 4 August 1997 122 years, 164 days[note 1] France
2 Sarah Knauss[5] F 24 September 1880 30 December 1999 119 years, 97 days United States
3 Nabi Tajima[6] F 4 August 1900 21 April 2018 117 years, 260 days Japan
4 Lucy Hannah[7] F 16 July 1875 21 March 1993 117 years, 248 days United States
5 Marie-Louise Meilleur[8] F 29 August 1880 16 April 1998 117 years, 230 days Canada
6 Violet Brown[6] F 10 March 1900 15 September 2017 117 years, 189 days Jamaica
7 Emma Morano[6] F 29 November 1899 15 April 2017 117 years, 137 days Italy
8 Chiyo Miyako[9] F 2 May 1901 22 July 2018 117 years, 81 days Japan
9 Misao Okawa[6] F 5 March 1898 1 April 2015 117 years, 27 days Japan
10 María Capovilla[10] F 14 September 1889 27 August 2006 116 years, 347 days Ecuador

They are all women!

Also,
Top 10 oldest currently living people:

Rank Name Sex Birth date Age as of 16 March 2019 Country of residence
1 Kane Tanaka[6] F 2 January 1903 116 years, 73 days Japan
2 Maria Giuseppa Robucci[6] F 20 March 1903 115 years, 361 days Italy
3 Lucile Randon,[6]a.k.a. Sœur André[18] F 11 February 1904 115 years, 33 days France
4 Shin Matsushita[6] F 30 March 1904 114 years, 351 days Japan
5 Maria Vikentyevna Kononovich[19][20] F 27 May 1904 114 years, 293 days Belarus
6 Maggie Kidd[21] F 8 December 1904 114 years, 98 days United States
7 Jeanne Bot[6] F 14 January 1905 114 years, 61 days France
8 Shigeyo Nakachi[6] F 1 February 1905 114 years, 43 days Japan
9 Haruno Yamashita[6] F 19 February 1905 114 years, 25 days Japan
10 Kame Ganeko[6] F 10 April 1905 113 years, 340 days Japan

Also, all Women

The price of Masculinity: Life Itself :(

Not that I agree with his views, however just to throw this out there because the conversation is interesting.. Dr. Ray Peat believes the female life expectancy rate is higher largely due to progesterone. In fact he seems to have an overall negative leaning view on estrogen itself. http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/aging-estrogen-progesterone.shtml

This would make sense why progesterone is so complimentary to estrogen, biologically, in nature.

"Estrogen does increase the blood flow to particular organs, but apparently less than it increases their oxygen demand, as can be seen from the color change of estrogenized tissues, toward purple, rather than pink. Measurements of oxygen tension in the tissue show that estrogen decreases the relative availability of oxygen. And when the level of estrogen is very high, metabolically demanding tissues, such as the kidney and adrenal cortex, simply die, especially under conditions that restrict blood flow. [E.g., Kocsis, et al., 1988, McCaig, et al., 1998, Yang, et al., 1999.] When estrogen's effects overlap with the stimulating effects of other hormones, such as pituitary hormones, particular organs undergo something similar to “excitotoxicity.” When estrogen overlaps with endotoxin (as it tends to do), multiple organ failure is the result.

The simple need for more oxygen is a stimulus to increase the growth of blood vessels, and estrogen's stimulation of non-mitochondrial oxygen consumption with the production of lactic acid stimulates blood vessel formation. Progesterone, by increasing oxidative efficiency, opposes this “angiogenic” (neovascularization) effect of estrogen.

Szent-Gyorgyi spent most of his career studying muscles--from the a*** sphincter to pigeon breast to tense goats. One of his most interesting experiments investigated the effects of estrogen and progesterone on the heart muscle. He showed that estrogen excess prevents the increase of stroke volume as the speed increases, but that progesterone increases the stroke volume as the heart accelerates, making pumping more effective without unnecessary acceleration of the heart rate. These effects are parallel to Selye's observation that estrogen imitates the shock reaction.

When W. Donner Denckla demonstrated that the removal of an animal's pituitary (or, in the case of an octopus, its equivalent optic gland) radically extended the animal's life span, he proposed the existence of a death hormone in the pituitary gland. But the case of the octopus makes it clear that the catabolic, death-inducing hormone is produced by the ovary, under the influence of the optic gland's gonadotropins. This sacrifice of “the old” (the individual) for “the new” (the progeny) is analogous to the tissue wasting we see under the influence of estrogen, as it stimulates cell division.

In Selye's classical stress, the destruction of tissues by the catabolic hormones makes sense in terms of the “functional system” described by Anokhin, in which the hormones of adaptation dissolve one tissue for use by the system which is adaptively functioning, with the production of carbon dioxide by the functional tissue, stabilizing it and regulating the adequate delivery of blood.

Progesterone is both an anticatabolic hormone and an antiestrogenic hormone, and in both cases, it protects the functional systems from atrophy.

While progesterone is probably the most perfect antiestrogenic hormone, and therefore an anti-stress and anti-aging hormone, the recognition of a wide variety of estrogen's effects has made it possible to adjust many things in our diet and environment to more perfectly oppose the estrogenic and age-accelerating influences."

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not that I agree with his views, however just to throw this out there because the conversation is interesting.. Dr. Ray Peat believes the female life expectancy rate is higher largely due to progesterone. In fact he seems to have an overall negative leaning view on estrogen itself. http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/aging-estrogen-progesterone.shtml

This would make sense why progesterone is so complimentary to estrogen,
The reason undoubtedly is because of Estrogen, and low testosterone.

Estrogen prevents the Growth Hormone reponse to increase IGF 1 past a certain point. And igf 1 causes aging.. That is part of why calorie restriction extends lifespan is the reduced igf 1. And Growth Hormone knockout mice are long lived.

Testosterone however, even the same amount of testosterone overtime causes the growth hormone responsiveness to gradually increases over time..

Screenshot_20190312-115756_1.jpg

Estrogen is also metabolically protective. It of course depends not just on the level but the level compared to testosterone. It causes fat to be stored subcuteonsly rather than viscerally while T does the opposite.. Thats why men commonly have a "man belly"

Screenshot_20190315-130418_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190315-132703_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190315-131021_1.jpg

Screenshot_20190316-084832_1.jpg

And besides all that, Estradiol upregulates A ton of Longevity Associated Genes!

1-s2.0-S0014579305004540-gr1.jpg

And Testosterone Increases Resting metabolic rate. women have lower metabolisms. In nature, creature with slower metabolisms live longer.. less toxic byproducts.

JDR2015-916585.002.jpg

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So here is my blood test report before and after the spironolactone.
Prior to Spironolactone 400 ;
Total testosterone: 437 ng/dL (164-753),
Estradiol serum: 40 pg/mL (<39),
Pottasium serum: 4 (3.8-5.2).

After 4 months on spironolactone;

Total testosterone: 285 ng/dL (164-753),
Estradiol serum: 30 pg/mL (<39),
Pottasium serum: 7 (3.8-5.2).

At this point, I am very concerned about my potassium level.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score

Why did E go down even though T went down too?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know, but I am more worried about my potassium level. I read somewhere that at a level of 7 I need to be in intensive care unit.
Well thanks for this it supports my theory that both T and E can rise together for best bang on hair growth. Key is balance, too much E would eventually lower T - but I think T has some benefits for hair, of course DHT not being one of them.

As for your potassium levels, lots of bananas?

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Have u had any regrowth at all since lowering your test?