Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My insurance has covered all tests. If you have insurance, just have the ordering Doctor write 'Dx: lethargy and general malaise' and insurance should pick up the tab.
If you want a clear picture of what is going on in your body, you should try to get:
1) total estrogen
2) estradiol (E2)
3) estrone (E1). Might call it estrone sulfate or some other conjugated form of estrone, depending on the testing lab
4) estriol (E3)
oh okay, no i dont have the money to pay for health insurance, its like $500/month and thats more than what i pay for the drugs i use. i'll see how much the tests cost though cause im gonna need blood labs anyway with spironolactone/cypro

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
oh okay, no i dont have the money to pay for health insurance, its like $500/month and thats more than what i pay for the drugs i use. i'll see how much the tests cost though cause im gonna need blood labs anyway with spironolactone/cypro
I've lived in your state so I know there are lots of pay for service labs you can just walk into. No Doctor is needed so that's a plus.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Father_of_Shiseido let me know if you get your hands on Cypro.
I will tell you. But right now, I want to share my experience. Today, I saw two genetical men who looked like women with no muscles at all. They had significant hair loss. I guess they were on anti-androgen because they had big butts and severe gyno. Their skin was pale and smooth — I, myself experiencing muscles loss along with gyno and anaemia. My face has feminized. Everywhere I go Girls are looking at me carefully. Maybe its the first sign that something has gone wrong with me excluding hair loss. My own experience is, AA are not worth for hair.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will tell you. But right now, I want to share my experience. Today, I saw two genetical men who looked like women with no muscles at all. They had significant hair loss. I guess they were on anti-androgen because they had big butts and severe gyno. Their skin was pale and smooth — I, myself experiencing muscles loss along with gyno and anaemia. My face has feminized. Everywhere I go Girls are looking at me carefully. Maybe its the first sign that something has gone wrong with me excluding hair loss. My own experience is, AA are not worth for hair.

I'll gladly convert to being a female to have beautiful hair if it comes down to it, my gender doesn't bother me and i don't gaf about sex so im gucci lol. but i'm sorry to hear that you're having a bad experience ..

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It works by blocking the androgen receptors. It's estimated that 1MG blocks 4 ng/dL of testosterone, which means 50MG would block 200 ng/dL of testosterone. Since bicalutamide has an elimination half-life of around seven days, it will build up to 350MG in your body which will block around 1400 ng/dL of testosterone. It continues to build up each time you take it, and reaches 90% of its maximum effectiveness after four weeks. Although, it does increase T initially, that doesn't matter because it gets blocked by a landslide. It stops hair loss because testosterone can no longer have an effect on you since the androgen receptors are blocked. At 25MG/day, gynecomastia happens to around 25% of users. At 50MG/day, it happens to around 50% of users. Although, both doses are greatly effective.

So far it's going great. My sebum production is basically non-existent at this point, and I no longer have to wash my hair every other day and can get away with washing it on every fourth day. I feel a lot better too, since spironolactone was making me very tired and nauseous.
Got it.
50% chances with 50mg are overstated, I think. 36% as per this study. 9% when taken with an anti-androgen.

But since most of these studies are done on considerably older people, don't you think young people should (ideally) have comparatively lesser chances to get gyno?

Or maybe I'm just trying to be overly positive. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190607_023316.png
    IMG_20190607_023316.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 149

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!

So what was your anti-androgen regimen? What's your age?

See they might be on anti-androgens and may not have regrown hair, because anti-androgens by themselves may not be - and often aren't - sufficient to regrow long lost hair.

A DHT blocker, growth stimulants etc all are required.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got it.
50% chances with 50mg are overstated, I think. 36% as per this study. 9% when taken with an anti-androgen.

But since most of these studies are done on considerably older people, don't you think young people should (ideally) have comparatively lesser chances to get gyno?

Or maybe I'm just trying to be overly positive. :)

Oh sorry! I read the breast tenderness part instead of the gynecomastia part. Yes, gynecomastia happened to 36% of patients within the study. I thought it would be easier for younger patients to get gynecomastia, since within transgender people they experience better breast growth when anti-androgens are used at a younger age.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh sorry! I read the breast tenderness part instead of the gynecomastia part. Yes, gynecomastia happened to 36% of patients within the study. I thought it would be easier for younger patients to get gynecomastia, since within transgender people they experience better breast growth when anti-androgens are used at a younger age.
So not a good news for me, huh.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll gladly convert to being a female to have beautiful hair if it comes down to it, my gender doesn't bother me and i don't gaf about sex so im gucci lol. but i'm sorry to hear that you're having a bad experience ..

Me too... Sometimes I wish I was born a female so I wouldn’t have to deal with hair loss!

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn
So I had my estrogen levels checked for each type of estrogen. Remember I'm only putting E2 (estrogel) on my scalp and temples only. E2 is not even elevated! but all of it has apparently funneled to conjugated estrone. I'm thinking this is likely just the normal metabolic pathway for E2 rather than some process that is unique to me, but we all seem to agree that estrone is bad. Wonder if it's time to quit estrogel?? View attachment 120677View attachment 120678 View attachment 120681View attachment 120682
:eek::eek::eek::eek: bbbwwwahhhhh

damn, surprising.. well any type of estrogen is better than nothing. but generally estrone is considered bad because its the weakest for hair out of the 3 natural human estrogens; estradiol, estriol, estrone. Estrone sulfate is also important for breast development, but not good for you lol.

FYI, transwomen shoot for at least 200pg/ml estradiol.

so your options now;

-try rubbing the gel somewhere with alot lf fat, the estradiol will soak into the fat and leech out leading to more stable estradiol levels.

- you could try adding some estriol to offset the estrone balance

- taking sublingual pills, splitting it 2 to 3 times a days will give large blood estradiol spikes throughout the day. (but higher gyno risk)

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it would promote breast growth
Considering however that I've to hop on anti-androgens somewhere down the future, do you think spironolactone is the best bet. Have read of two persons here who took spirono for 2-3years without any feminizing effects.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!

So what was your anti-androgen regimen? What's your age?

See they might be on anti-androgens and may not have regrown hair, because anti-androgens by themselves may not be - and often aren't - sufficient to regrow long lost hair.

A DHT blocker, growth stimulants etc all are required.
I am on 2.5 mg dutasteride, 400 mg spironolactone.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering however that I've to hop on anti-androgens somewhere down the future, do you think spironolactone is the best bet. Have read of two persons here who took spirono for 2-3years without any feminizing effects.

An effective dose of spironolactone [200MG/day] has a similar rate of gynecomastia as bicalutamide [50MG/day].

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on 2.5 mg dutasteride, 400 mg spironolactone.
They are good for halting hair loss, but for regrowth you'd need growth stimulants. Without them, your otherwise extreme regiment would provide you little benefits.
Spirono is good but its working is little enigmatic - it increases testosterone in some people.