Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[UPDATE] It has been around two and a half months since starting treatments. I thought it would be helpful if I uploaded some images. In this particular area, it has the worst amount of hair loss and I would classify it as a bald patch. The first image was taken within the first week of treatment, and the second image is after around two and a half months of treatment. I apologise about the 'before' image, it's flipped and I don't know how to flip it the right way...

Before:
View attachment 120756

After:
View attachment 120757

It's getting better !

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's getting better !

I hope so... I don't want to become overenthusiastic though, since a U-turn could occur. I will upload more images soon, but of the difference in my facial hair and skin. You are probably so shocked with how bad my hair is, but just wait! There are worse images from October which I will show soon...

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 3 of no minoxidil, all the fake minoxidil hairs are starting to fall out. Lol i think i'm going to be skin bald for a few months till HRT starts working.

You will most likely respond greatly since your density is fantastic...

(That's one of the reasons to why I am hesitant to use oral minoxidil is because I might stop the use of it... I don't want premature ageing)

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You will most likely respond greatly since your density is fantastic...

(That's one of the reasons to why I am hesitant to use oral minoxidil is because I might stop the use of it... I don't want premature ageing)

I am quitting minoxidil because i don't want any artificially grown hair. I would like for all my hairs to be real. And minoxidil seems to have aged my skin greatly in the last 2 years of use. I dont like it.
And i think alot of this density has been retained with minoxidil so i think i will lose about 60% of it over then next 2 months. But we will see, you're hair is Looking fantastic now that it's getting thicker. I dont think your hair will pull a U turn as long as you keep the regimen effective and maintain the hormone levels which are allowing regrowth. And if your tolerance to the drugs starts to become high then you can take a short break to lower your tolerance and start again. Or switch between drugs every now and then when tolerance to one it high rendering it less effective.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also i will be blind in 1 year from now if i continue minoxidil because its causing my retina to deteriorate, leaving lots of cellular junk floating in my eyes blocking my vision.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was in little dry mood, so added 2.5mg oral minoxidil and 2000mg MSM to my regimen.

[My regimen:
a) 1mg Finasteride
b) Minoxidil (with Retin-A and hydrocortisone)
c) Oral minoxidil 2.5mg at night
d) MSM 2000 mg (w 1000mg vitamin C. I just love it since it makes my skin so smooth and supple. It also make my skin look like collagen filled like that of girls and children, plus superfast hair growth and many other benefits).

Also, taking a pill containing biotin, zinc etc that are considered good for hair. It was prescribed by my dermatologist

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also i will be blind in 1 year from now if i continue minoxidil because its causing my retina to deteriorate, leaving lots of cellular junk floating in my eyes blocking my vision.
You mean from topical minoxidil? Try oral, pal.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am quitting minoxidil because i don't want any artificially grown hair. I would like for all my hairs to be real. And minoxidil seems to have aged my skin greatly in the last 2 years of use. I dont like it.
And i think alot of this density has been retained with minoxidil so i think i will lose about 60% of it over then next 2 months. But we will see, you're hair is Looking fantastic now that it's getting thicker. I dont think your hair will pull a U turn as long as you keep the regimen effective and maintain the hormone levels which are allowing regrowth. And if your tolerance to the drugs starts to become high then you can take a short break to lower your tolerance and start again. Or switch between drugs every now and then when tolerance to one it high rendering it less effective.

That’s why I want to avoid oral minoxidil, because of the creation of faux hairs. Although, it could be effective and give me faster results... It’s hard to decide! Hopefully you won’t end up with my density, since my density is diabolically diabolical. If I become resistant to bicalutamide, I might just get surgically castrated...

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Uploading a pic of hairline since oral minoxidil usually starts working within 2 weeks and as per the label on my lonitab (oral minoxidil brand) hair growth is first noticed on temples.

Note: this pic shows my hair at least 5 times better (than they actually are) since it is taken just now 3 hours after shampooing.

Attachments

• IMG_20190607_234041.jpg
    IMG_20190607_234041.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 299

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Uploading a pic of hairline since oral minoxidil usually starts working within 2 weeks and as per the label on my lonitab (oral minoxidil brand) hair growth is first noticed on temples.

Note: this pic shows my hair at least 5 times better (than they actually are) since it is taken just now 3 hours after shampooing.

You literally have the same hairline as Ein... Your hair is greatly thick!

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You literally have the same hairline as Ein... Your hair is greatly thick!
Um Ikarus, thick as in density overall or mass/density/width of a single hair.
In both the cases, I disagree with you. :)

A quick observation, my hairline is little like Norwood -1 (minus 1). It does not look good and I often trim it.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

A quick observation, my hairline is little like Norwood -1 (minus 1). It does not look good and I often trim it.
Anyway, also tell me do I look that bad that no good girl would fall for me? :p :-D

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You have a perfect hairline, and you shouldn't trim it. That's the hairline which is desirable, and attractive... Please don't trim it!

And, I meant thick as your overall density.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a perfect hairline, and you shouldn't trim it. That's the hairline which is desirable, and attractive... Please don't trim it!

And, I meant thick as your overall density.
As you say. (I wouldn't trim it henceforth)

No yrr, they're not dense; it's just that the pic was taken after I had washed them with ketokonazole shampoo.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's alright, it's better than nothing. Previously, there were like ten hairs around that area and now it's beginning to thicken. I think 300MG/day of CPA and 600MG/day of spironolactone is just bait for dying... Although, I do think I will increase my dose of estradiol to 4MG/day.

Probably you are right. I will reduce the dose of CPA to 100 mg. and the dose of spironolactone will be reduced to 200 mg. estradiol is not sensible to take more than 4 mg. even 2 mg is enough.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably you are right. I will reduce the dose of CPA to 100 mg. and the dose of spironolactone will be reduced to 200 mg. estradiol is not sensible to take more than 4 mg. even 2 mg is enough.

Would you not use bicalutamide instead? There is someone on this website who uses 100MG/day, but that’s significantly more safer than using CPA at such a dose.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you not use bicalutamide instead? There is someone on this website who uses 100MG/day, but that’s significantly more safer than using CPA at such a dose.
i agree, i plan on using bica at some point also to reduce the amount of liver damage that will occur during HRT since @Ikarus is having good results with it.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i agree, i plan on using bica at some point also to reduce the amount of liver damage that will occur during HRT since @Ikarus is having good results with it.

That’s one of the reasons why I no longer want to go on CPA since it won’t be good for me in the long-term. My dermatologist referred me to an endocrinologist because I wanted CPA, but I’m going to ask the endocrinologist to put me on a non-binary regimen instead... Excluding tamoxifen, if he or she prescribed me that I will just never use it...

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ikarus I once again ask you to include oral minoxidil. You will have great results. I've read some threads on baldtruthtaIk or hlh (I don't remember), and everyone there had great results.

Also, who said oral minoxidil accelerates aging? Quite the opposite. It is somewhat true for topical, though.