Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are like the same person... I had and still get laser hair removal, which is another reason why I am hesitant. And, anti-androgens will extend your hair-free period since androgens can no longer have an effect on your body.
Maybe we have a similar personality lol & Yeah minoxidil oral will make you grow body hair all over and would likely make our laser treated areas begin to grow hair again so I'm afraid of wasting all that money just for minoxidil to grow it back. Im looking forward to the anti androgens affect on the rest of my body hair!

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm losing my hair in a little different way - most of the hair I lose are not of my original hair size. I only lose 10 to 30 full strands. Most of the hair (roughly 50 to 100 hair) I lose are like this -

These are surely not my hair size as you can see in my earlier pictures, my hair is pretty long.
Anyone? Any comments?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm losing my hair in a little different way - most of the hair I lose are not of my original hair size. I only lose 10 to 30 full strands. Most of the hair (roughly 50 to 100 hair) I lose are like this -

These are surely not my hair size as you can see in my earlier pictures, my hair is pretty long.

Are those topical minoxidil hairs? Anyways the hairs i lose look like that also along with the fuller ones. Those hairs are dying.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe we have a similar personality lol & Yeah minoxidil oral will make you grow body hair all over and would likely make our laser treated areas begin to grow hair again so I'm afraid of wasting all that money just for minoxidil to grow it back. Im looking forward to the anti androgens affect on the rest of my body hair!

I agree... After all of the excruciating pain from laser hair removal, I don't think I would want to risk using oral minoxidil. In fact, bicalutamide/spironolactone/estrogen reduced by facial hair by 50%. And I am pleasantly surprised by that since many complained that HRT doesn't reduce facial hair, but it did in my case weirdly enough...

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are those topical minoxidil hairs? Anyways the hairs i lose look like that also along with the fuller ones. Those hairs are dying.
Nah, I don't think so, for it has not even been a month of me using topical minoxidil. I guess, I've been losing this type of hairs for long now.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
"In some parts of the body, its action is estrogenic (e.g., bones), in other parts of the body, its action is antiestrogenic(e.g., uterus, breasts)."

I am catious when it comes to Serms because I dont know for sure how it would effect hair receptors..

I've never heard of that drug. but its effectiveness will depend on its strength compared to estradiol, as well as its prefence for ER beta compared to ER alpha

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can someone avoid oral minoxidil dependence?
don't use too much. its like when you drink energy drinks everyday and then eventually can't get much energy without them

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have any option other than to use minoxidil.
finasteride, dutasteride, dexamethasone, pge2, dermaneedling, progesterone, spironolactone, andenosine, hydrocortisone

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
In fact, bicalutamide/spironolactone/estrogen reduced by facial hair by 50%. And I am pleasantly surprised by that since many complained that HRT doesn't reduce facial hair,
you started young

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride, dutasteride, dexamethasone, pge2, dermaneedling, progesterone, spironolactone, andenosine, hydrocortisone
I'm already taking finasteride. Dexa, spironolactone, adenosine simply don't have many users reporting good about them.

I've hydrocortisone and Retin-A in my topical minoxidil solution.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dexa, spironolactone, adenosine simply don't have many users reporting good about them.
several have reported good with spironolactone. there was a dude on here, americanhairloss90 (or something like that) who regrew hair with spironolactone without any minoxidil.

the other stuff doesn't have much good reported cause not many experimebt with them

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I will opt for oral minoxidil at 0.625MG/day... I am attempting to avoid the possibility of excessive facial hair growth, and other possibilities which oral minoxidil could have. Along with avoiding oral minoxidil dependance.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
several have reported good with spironolactone. there was a dude on here, americanhairloss90 (or something like that) who regrew hair with spironolactone without any minoxidil.

the other stuff doesn't have much good reported cause not many experimebt with them
Oh, I was talking about using them topically.

From my readings, almost everyone had positive experience with spirono. Except @Georgie, but then nothing but oral minoxidil has worked for her.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you think even 1mg or 1.25mg would give me hair me my ears? I'm really afraid of hair on random parts.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I was talking about using them topically.

From my readings, almost everyone had positive experience with spirono. Except @Georgie, but then nothing but oral minoxidil has worked for her.

I had a bad experience with spironolactone too... It gave me tiredness to the point that it made it hard for me to want to live, and it gave me nausea... I wouldn't touch that stuff ever again, in all honesty. I would much rather use flutamide and destroy my liver than use spironolactone.